It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 185
<< 182  183  184    186  187  188 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Hey everyone. I am just sort of busy.
Great fun post Neno, really cool pic's and all.
Who should we have in out greeting party?
I guess we could make up characters.
Don't think I am up to it though.

I am in my human form as I was on Earth I have not gone blue in
awhile. I will meet you with some droids. Silo I think you should be there also.

My head and heart hasn't really been with the Opera lately, I just got so let down but I will buck up and put a response to your call Neno tomorrow.

Peace to all!

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by cindymars

The makeup of your welcoming committee is fine, whatever you choose. Neno won't recognize you in human form, as he's only seen "the blue lady", and then only once, on the bridge viewscreen. No real reason he SHOULD recognize you, though, unless you've been bumbling about in his past somewhere.

I need to know where to land, though. A docking bay, or whatever you have. Don't want to go blasting through any invisible screens and run the risk of tearing up the garden.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

No real reason he SHOULD recognize you, though, unless you've been bumbling about in his past somewhere.

Well it's usually considered polite to greet visitors at the "door" so to speak.

I need to know where to land, though. A docking bay, or whatever you have. Don't want to go blasting through any invisible screens and run the risk of tearing up the garden.

Ahhh, have you considered asking Yydryl for permission to dock etc. kind of like ringing the door bell?

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by cindymars
My head and heart hasn't really been with the Opera lately, I just got so let down but I will buck up and put a response to your call Neno tomorrow.

Peace to all!

But to quote a famous line from literature, "The show must go on!"

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
edit

[edit on 13-10-2009 by silo13]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Ahhh, have you considered asking Yydryl for permission to dock etc. kind of like ringing the door bell?

Neno It would make sense you land in Deson's block as he was commanded to take first hand responsibility of these areas since the problems aboard.

In fact he still hasn't released any new commands since his closing of all access and egress to Ship since the arrival of Studious. Ship's and Deson's orders are still on *shoot to kill* for anyone (or thing) approaching those areas.

Prof Rabbit - Let me get to work on a post where I'll go to check on Chumley and go over the plans with Deson before I head to the Center as we'd better take some extra extra precautions as the moment in time for the Penelope arrival vessel will open a small doorway of opportunity for Studious and/or the Shapeshifter to escape.

Cim, if you want to at least acknowledge the communique from the Penelope as you're at the command center already I'll go from there.

Just write me in as saying I'll go check on Chumley and get off to see Deson.

Thanks tons!

[edit on 13-10-2009 by silo13]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Post up.
I can't find how to spell the ridiculous name of the Ophchi whatever.
Can someone help me.
Neno I was looking for the pics you made of their ship.
That really coo claw thing but I could not find them.
I wasn't going to use it but was looking for the name. LOL

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Ophiuchi - from the constellation Ophiuchius. Tongue twister, ain't it? I think that one was Masqua's idea, and it kinda grew from there. The easy ones like Orion were already used...

My Space Opera Picture Gallery is here . Feel fee to use them as you wish. There are others scattered around in my other albums, but I've settled on trying to put all the Space Opera pictures in this one.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 05:33 AM
link   

My Space Opera Picture Gallery is here . Feel fee to use them as you wish. There are others scattered around in my other albums, but I've settled on trying to put all the Space Opera pictures in this one.

Now since you do such great work, (And I draw stick figures) would you mind adding my hyper speed rail guns to the Penelope please? One front and back will do nicely. Ta :>

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Ok, I figure it this way.

Having the Penelope crew come aboard the Yydryl all smooth seems just so *off*.

There’s just too much history for that plus we've got a Shapeshifter and/or Studious trying to get away before the Penelope detail arrives.

So, now the story’s blown wide open for many things.

Studious and/or the Shapeshifter could be trying to pull the wool over after lowering security in the guise of Deson.

Maybe, maybe not, but the option is there.

Chumley might decide to go gun/fighter nuts and take the Deson Fighter out for a ride - freaking the Penelope crew right out and possibly starting a fight?

Or not.

I’m on the way to Ship’s Center where I’ll either save Deson (or not) and destroy those cocoons. Which will probably piss off the Penelope crew as I’ve destroyed evidence that might help them but those things got to go.

Or nothing at all might happen, the Pen crew might just sidle up to a dock, make their way on board, meet up with CindyMars and I’ll be in Ship’s Center and miss the meeting.

Whatever.

At least there are tons of option and again it just seemed oh so wrong having it go so smooth.

Of course it still can go sweet, up to you all now.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
All I can say is I want it to go smoothly until I am off SHIP or ....
I am not going to be too happy.
We need to fight a common enemy.
You guys can fight amongst yourselves if you wish but I will leave the SHIP and write off vessel.

It is up to you.

[edit on 14-10-2009 by cindymars]

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Oh I didn't foresee this at all as anything but bringing everyone together.

Hopefully now the Penelope will be here fast as possible and we'll get a move on.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Good I am sure Neno will help you too kick some arse and take names. LOL

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
No real reason we can't have it a bit of both ways, rough and smooth, yin and yang, all that sort of thing. For example, the security crew gets to the bay door, but it won't open due to Deson's ship lockdown, so they're left waiting outside knocking.

If Chumley goes all postal on us, it would spark a fight for sure, but not much of one. StarWolf is armed, but it's not a fighter. maneuveability in tight formations is limited, so she'd only be firing enough to cover a hasty retreat back to Penelope. The possibility of having to beat a hasty retreat is why neno chose that sort of a craft to begin with. Lightly armed, but built for speed and stealth. Think "rabbit" survival mode rather than lion. Given the events of the LAST incursion on Yydryl, neno is on tiptoes and his best behaviour. He ain't there to fight, but understands the need for caution on both sides. It's a delicate situation.

Destruction of the cocoons ain't no problem to neno. After all, they're YOUR cocoons, and any humans in them ain't supposed to exist anyhow.

No, folks, Yydryl is YOUR boat, you get to make the rules there. As of the current time frame, neno is only there to collect Studious and meet new people. To be honest, I wouldn't think the notion of an alliance had occurred to him yet. That's something to develop as we go along.

Cindy, when Cim leaves SHIP, won't that leave SILO to run it by her lonesome? Lots of power THERE. She could conscript Studious as crew, but given the fact that Asher is now captain of Penelope, Any alliances for the time being would be mighty iffy, depending on Studious's animosity level.

it could get pretty interesting if Yydryl lets neno in, but won't let him back out, and there's all those Deson-programmed hostile droids milling around in the hangar bay... what a twist of fate. Deson programs them so in order to protect against Studious, and they wind up protecting FOR Studious by keeping the Penelope crew buttoned up aboard StarWolf, and unable to leave OR move forward...

neno would doubtless chuck Mary Bransom out the hatch to "negotiate" with the droids.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by prof-rabbit

Now since you do such great work, (And I draw stick figures) would you mind adding my hyper speed rail guns to the Penelope please? One front and back will do nicely. Ta :>

I didn't make the models used, I just compose the pictures using them. I have nearly no ability to actually do any 3D modelling work. You should have seen how long it took, and what trouble I had, making simple egg shapes for the planets in my Rocheworld planetary system!

Adding the rail guns is beyond my capability, but just for reference, how long would they be? Penelope herself is around 2500 meters long.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Silo can do whatever she wants with the SHIP, but I am not into fighting.

Plus it doesn't make any sense to me story wise. We do not have enough writers to be so divisive. Lets come together briefly, build some trust and then you can all create drama later.

PS: It was too late for me to edit and correct the spelling on the Upmybuttchi's. Om my bad ohiuchi. Ouchmyasschi.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

None of the things I listed do I hope *come true* per se. (Chumley is itching to go for a joy ride but he wont unless one of you write it in)...

I was only opening up options - one important one, Studious has an *out* if he wants it.

Also, Ship's orders, delivered through Deson, are null and void at the moment.

You're welcome in - We're just not letting anything OUT. (Or so we hope, unless in the last second Studious slips the snag line.)

Penelope, were all waiting for you to show, and have a dock with your name on it.

As for me being alone on Ship when Cim goes???
Ship directed droids run what needs running on Ship besides this and that kind of thing, plus there's Chumley, Deson, Carpet, that little creature Deez and Delia (when she puts in an appearance that probably wont be for a while), and the strange and messed up Swarg in the jail...

Just sayin......

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I might stay on SHIP if we can have some fun collaborative writing all together and come and go sort of thing.

I planned on telling Neno that I was a DTST and we may use that to try and one again change the fact that the Earth was destroyed.

It depends on the level of cooperation.
Silo and I are good, I wouldn't leave her for long.
Cim would miss her. LOL

Cim wants to meet Neno bigtime.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Concerning the Ophiuchi nomenclature issue, it strikes me that Regallians don't speak english as a first language, and may very well have their OWN name for the enemy.

As frequently happens during wartime, nicknames for the opposition are bound to thrive.

With that in mind, you can call them whatever you're more comfortable with, and I think it'll work just fine, as long as the readers can make the initial link between the two.

Eventually, we may settle on something else, something easier to wrap around our eye teeth, to call them.

Given the descriptions we have so far, something along the lines of "Birds" or "buzzards" might work. Or "dragon riders"... the sky is the limit. Well, I reckon interstellar space is REALLY the limit, nothing as close as the sky.

Come up with something new, and we'll work it in.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
The StarWolf landing post is up. I was all set to comment on the big alien with the little gun, and the little alien with the BIG gun as appearing to be a might incongruous, but Chumley hauled out for the flight controls while at the same time Silo lit out for Ship's center.

We'll just stand around at parade rest until we see Officer Mars. I KNOW, with everything in me, that any ship, from any where, that has pretzels HAS to have beer too!

top topics

<< 182  183  184    186  187  188 >>

join