It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 189
<< 186  187  188    190  191  192 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

She is, after all, a politician!

Here we have a word to describe someone who is, well, as sharp as a tack and a smarty-pants all rolled into one.

'Furbo' for the male ('Furba' for females)...

You, Sir Neno, are very 'Furbo' when in your sentence you said politician - and not 'woman'...

lol

Looking forward to *hearing* 'Bransom's Voice.'...

[edit on 23-10-2009 by silo13]

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by cindymars
reply to post by mf_luder

Sure it is cool with me.
Miss your fabulous contributions.I am sure your returm post would be laudible.

Laudable (LAW-duh-bul) adj. - praiseworthy

Example: Jeff's LAUDABLE efforts on behalf of the children won him the admiration of the community.

[edit on 21-10-2009 by cindymars]

LOL!

I have somewhat of a rudimentary grasp on the English language, thanks.

I don't know, I actually kind of miss writing in the Opera, I was mulling over ideas today over how I could reintroduce myself without coming back in and just setting up shop. Look for a new post within the next few days and I'll see how things go from there.

Look forward to working with you all again.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Sorry its an inside joke between me and Neno.
I get a word of the day.
So use it and print the definition.
I wasn't insulting your intellect.

That very exciting news.
Maybe you have discovered the big rip thingy?

[edit on 23-10-2009 by cindymars]

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

She is, after all, a politician!

Here we have a word to describe someone who is, well, as sharp as a tack and a smarty-pants all rolled into one.

'Furbo' for the male ('Furba' for females)...

You, Sir Neno, are very 'Furbo' when in your sentence you said politician - and not 'woman'...

lol

Looking forward to *hearing* 'Bransom's Voice.'...

[edit on 23-10-2009 by silo13]

My dear old dad used to tell me all the time that I was sharp as a tack - and twice as flat-headed.

"Sir Neno" - does this mean I've been knighted? Or am I merely my usual "benighted" self?

Main Entry: be·night·ed
Pronunciation: \bi-ˈnī-təd, bē-\
Function: adjective
Date: 15th century

1 : overtaken by darkness or night
2 : existing in a state of intellectual, moral, or social darkness : unenlightened

— be·night·ed·ly adverb

— be·night·ed·ness noun

And I described my notions of politicians in reference to Miss Bransom. I have other words to describe 'women', which generally fall along the lines of " soft, warm, fluffy, emotional" but they have their darker aspects too, just like us rough, hirsute, belligerently neanderthalian guys.

Mary is a politician first, but may have a woman hidden under there somewhere. Chumley can report back to us on that...

[edit on 2009/10/23 by nenothtu]

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   

C'mon home!

Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed how the Space Opera has shaped up along gender lines? Yydryl, female, nurturing, all girl crew, Penelope, masculine, warlike, all boy crew? This pertaining to which writers have gravitated to which vessel, and the aspects the ships are taking on, not necessarily the NPC's we've created.

A microcosm of the eternal dance...

This musing brought to you courtesy of the last few interactions here... But they brought this to mind, clarified and firmed it up for me. Up 'till now, it was just a nagging itch in the back part of my brain.

[edit on 2009/10/23 by nenothtu]

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Seriously? You just now noticed the gender differences?
I am sure I pointed this out, a long time ago, years ago. LOL
You Penelope lot were the miitaristic males and we Yyrdlians were spirtual artsy female types. Even old Scury and Loam had a bit. LOL

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Seriously? You just now noticed the gender differences?
I am sure I pointed this out, a long time ago, years ago. LOL
You Penelope lot were the miitaristic males and we Yyrdlians were spirtual artsy female types. Even old Scury and Loam had a bit. LOL

Yup, seriously. It was just a tug at the back of my mind, suddenly brought forward. I must have been preoccupied.

Besides, I ain't allowed to look at girls. Momma says it will turn me to stone...

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   

So back on topic,
when you putting the Mary post up?

I will not be posting again until Monday.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   

You've got to be kidding.
I'd no more have 'gravitated' toward a Ship full'a chickies than I would'a gone to a mall. Eeeek! Women! But I have to admit if CindyMars is the example of one, they're pretty great after all.

Beyond that you seem to be forgetting Chumley, Carpet and Deson are dude types.

And no, don't question Carpet being male or female. He is a male. Stop.
Also, if he was a she he could have made his way onto the bridge himself, but, he can't pro-create himself, thus why he is part of Ship. If he could there would be a chance of him *taking over*. Or something like that.

Looking forward to hearing more of Bransom. Poor thing that she is, a doomed affair from the start as nothing could ever sway Chumley's love and devotion from his Whisper. Unless Regellians do one night stands?

Ewww, that visual could put me off the 'Love-Thang' for a while...

[edit on 24-10-2009 by silo13]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Ah! but Chumley, Carpet, the SS, and Gronk, or whatever the guy in the brig's name is, are NPC's that you've created, not writers, and Deson is inactive! Face it, you're on a girly-ship. may as well have painted Yydryl pink!

Yeah, I thought about Chumley's devotion to Whisper, and knew he'd never go for it, but Bransom's urge towards all things powerful COULD create one of those kodak moments...

Besides, if she irritates Chumley enough, he might just go ahead and eat her, solving that little problem! Well, it would be kinder than breaking her heart, wouldn't it?

[edit on 2009/10/24 by nenothtu]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Oh yeah, the Swarg dude.

What are we going to do with him anyway? He's infested with something to terrible to contemplate and just sitting here knitting or whatever he's doing in the brig...

I hope we can work him into the story, killing him of course.
Maybe errupting in some gruesome manner or falling off a Ship's Center hillside onto a thorny killer cactus, maybe falling into a tar pit during an escape, or something equally hideouse.

The Yydryl Pink?
Ewwwww...

And yeah it will by hysterical seeing the President throw herself at the Big Guy - thinking he'll fall all over her like a mountain in a landslide - and he wont care a bit, heheheh...

Wait, I think I've actually been in that position, what am I laughing at...

*Hides in a corner momentarily*...

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Besides, I ain't allowed to look at girls. Momma says it will turn me to stone...

No, it only turns part of you to stone, and that goes away when you stop looking...

My original thoughts were to join Yydryl as a Valerian Dragon, but the shortage on the Penelope meant a new direction.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Oh yeah, the Swarg dude.

What are we going to do with him anyway? He's infested with something to terrible to contemplate and just sitting here knitting or whatever he's doing in the brig...

I hope we can work him into the story, killing him of course.

Ahhh, perhaps a fight between Swarg and the SS with the subsequent death of both! now there is a bowtie for you... (ie. wraps neatly)

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by prof-rabbit

Swarg and the SS? Cooool...

Hey Rabbit! Why don't you take over Swarg as an NPC! That way you can write aboard the Ship and give some of your great ideas a vehicle!

By all means be my guest, I was only trying to *clean up* some leftover NPC's by putting him in the brig so readers were not left wondering what he was all about.

Couldn't you get a duel badge for your posting heading or something?

It would really help the story, give you an outlet and help us clean up Swarg.

All in favor?

*Raises my hand*

Well, that is if you want to of course, lol, (nice of me to remember and add that part in huh)...

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Swarg and the SS? Cooool...

Hey Rabbit! Why don't you take over Swarg as an NPC! That way you can write aboard the Ship and give some of your great ideas a vehicle!

By all means be my guest, I was only trying to *clean up* some leftover NPC's by putting him in the brig so readers were not left wondering what he was all about.

Couldn't you get a duel badge for your posting heading or something?

It would really help the story, give you an outlet and help us clean up Swarg.

All in favor?

*Raises my hand*

Well, that is if you want to of course, lol, (nice of me to remember and add that part in huh)...

Errr, I guess so, however I believe I would need permission to "off" SS as well, but it would tie up some loose ends and get rid of some of the storyline that is holding us up from "saving the universe" .......

"Ye mighty Gods on high hear my plea!"

"Can one lowly writer be yet in two places at the same time? can such a writer take two NPC's and divide by zero? Forsooth to render both to the void forever?"

"I humbly await your answer"

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   

LOL I love your word style.

Swarg? He's in the brig. There's really not much more we know of him other than he got caught where he shouldn't have been (left the bridge momentarily) and as a result, as a, well, 'reprimend' he got infested with something freaky bad. So we stuck him in the brig.

I can look back for other information if you'd like.

Anyway, since Swarg was imprisoned who knows what kind of plans he's been hatching? Good plans, bad plans, indifferent, it's for you to say... I pass you the 'key' so to speak.

As for the Shifter I don't think any of us know what's going on there until we hear from Studious. That's his 'baby.'

If you'd like I'll send Chumley down to check on you or I'll ask the Penelope crew to come down and check on you (You aka Swarg) before we move off to the Center? Or not? Please let me know.

Have fun...

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 02:19 AM
link   

LOL I love your word style.

thank you, I am waiting a reply from the "elder gods" aka. "masqua" to see if I can pull this off, I have two current ideas:

1. we have a morose and hungry Swarg eat the SS as he mistakenly moves through Swarg's cell only to find that the SS is quite poisonous when "eaten".

2. The SS tries to get himself off the ship using Swarg as a cover by stealing the Penelope's shuttle, and I have their demise covered on that score also.

Swarg? He's in the brig. There's really not much more we know of him other than he got caught where he shouldn't have been (left the bridge momentarily) and as a result, as a, well, 'reprimend' he got infested with something freaky bad. So we stuck him in the brig.

Anyway, since Swarg was imprisoned who knows what kind of plans he's been hatching? Good plans, bad plans, indifferent, it's for you to say... I pass you the 'key' so to speak.

As for the Shifter I don't think any of us know what's going on there until we hear from Studious. That's his 'baby.'

Yes, that is the "rub" so to speak.

If you'd like I'll send Chumley down to check on you or I'll ask the Penelope crew to come down and check on you (You aka Swarg) before we move off to the Center? Or not? Please let me know.

Have fun...

No, leave him wallowing in the brig till we need him.

:>

[edit on 27-10-2009 by prof-rabbit]

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Why are you waiting for Masqua? We've been using each others NPC's and using people/NPC's since time began here?

Like Deson who wants to stay on as a character and asks we *use* him etc.

Swarg's already been used by me (in order to clean up the mess) - why not by you?

*Looks around at something I might be missing*

Beyond that: STUDIOUS WHERE ARE YOU?

I hope you're alright...

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
OPERA NOTICE:

At the end of this month I'll be moving and I'm pretty unsure what the situation is going to be concerning my internet connection so if it seems I disappear for bit - I haven't.
If I have to go to a library (or whatever) I'll be back here writing.

If a LONG time passes (more than two weeks) please, CindyMars, someone, have Silo go out to *explore* the Center - and I'll just be out of contact in the Jungle for a bit.

Please - (and even now) - Everyone feel free to use Carpet and Chumley at will as it falls in the story line.
Carpet is my hero and Chumley? I've only been keeping him alive at the request of his creator Whisper, who one day I hope comes back to the Opera.

And no Chumley or Carpet can't die, and Chumley can't get involved with anyone - besides maybe a one-nighter, if he was drugged and a night he'd regret for the rest of his Regellian life living in terror his Whisper might find out.

If I'm gone longer than a month? Well, my brother has all my computer contacts if I 'tip over', so, he'd be on here and give notice of Silo's demise and her final post. (Which I've already prepared).

All in all it's just a location move, just a minor glitch and I should be right back - seamlessly.

Moving.

BLECH!

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   

OPERA NOTICE:
Please - (and even now) - Everyone feel free to use Carpet and Chumley at will as it falls in the story line.
Carpet is my hero and Chumley? I've only been keeping him alive at the request of his creator Whisper, who one day I hope comes back to the Opera.

I love your concept of Carpet!

And no Chumley or Carpet can't die, and Chumley can't get involved with anyone - besides maybe a one-nighter, if he was drugged and a night he'd regret for the rest of his Regellian life living in terror his Whisper might find out.

I had high hopes for Chumley and Ms Bransom! but a one nighter, that has possibilities, .... Chumley wakes with a foggy recollection and Ms Bransom curled up in his nether regions!

Moving.

BLECH!

My suggestion, born of experience, go to your local stationers, get some rolls of sticky colored dots, assign a color with a room, ie. yellow = kitchen, place dots on packed cartons, when you reach your new location place colored dots on door frames, voila! every box goes to the correct room.

[edit on 27-10-2009 by prof-rabbit]

<< 186  187  188    190  191  192 >>

join