It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 152
<< 149  150  151    153  154  155 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

I said the enemy the Opiniompoikm,
I dont believe Desons had anything to do with Aliens what they look like, where their from,
Planets blah blah blah....

Example:
Rigelians; Squids,humans whatever.....
Home world: Rigel
Enemys: ????
Likes & Dislikes

Opinchiouchi:
????????????

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deson

Masqua, what letter font did you use for the badges? I'll try to make one for myself. I know that I've got those blank ones stored on the media site.

It was loam who designed them. I found the post about 30 pages in on this thread.

Glad to see you joining in, Deson, although you've played a huge part already as a designer.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by cindymars

There's a little info on the Ophiuchi in the Galactographic refernce post I linked to above, but not much yet. They're still being "fleshed out" as it were, as we go. An example is Luder's Claw Ships they have. Another example is the bit of info I put in about them at Black Rock, in the post where I "hired" Badger.

I might rework the Khalamzadar and Black Rock posts to put ehm in the background thread at some point, as they're more background than story.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Masqua, I thought you were replying to my post above yours.
How about you writing the Opinochi or whatever, you named em. LOL

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
The demise of the Ophiuchus Consortium was mentioned by me only as a result of two immense black holes merging. The threat that they pose are the remnants fleeing from the outposts of their civilization and they obviously headed for earth first, so the logical notion is that they knew about Earth beforehand.

Link

To make things fit, then, how about we give them a physical appearance related to the alien races which we know about... greys, reptillians or, even better, Nordics?

link added

[edit on 23/7/09 by masqua]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Originally posted by cindymars
We could certainly use what in SciFi writing is called a bible.
We need one with stats.
Now especially in relation to our enemy the Opichiniopioknmmn.
I hate names I cant remember how to spell.

Luder stared one for the Penelope here and I think Deson started one for the Yydryl, but I've misplaced the link. Luder also has the Penelope manual that I think you recently read, but as far as I know, no one has written one up for the Yydryl, since until Silo started the quest for closure, there really wasn't enough info to start one. looks like she has a good start, though.

Also, Luder started a side-story bearing on a part of UEF history here.

[edit on 2009/7/23 by nenothtu]

Link to my Yydryl thread. It's mostly technical things, but it should help. Like I have said in the past, if others wish to contribute then by all means do so.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Deson

Glad to have you on board w/ the story, Deson, you've made awesome leaps and bounds with the design work you've been doing for the Yydryl. Can't wait to see what you bring to the story.

Neno - I'm going to link those two docs into a post on the UEF Background Data Thread.

EDIT - kk - done.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 23-7-2009 by mf_luder]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

I think they should be avian, like black crows but bipedal.

Luder in your thinking, why did they destroy Earth? Would not it have been more feasable for them to want to take it as a home? Just curious as to what their motivation was?

[edit on 23-7-2009 by cindymars]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I love how things are evolving here and the collaboration amoung everyone is exceptional!

Yes Silo I say go for it, excellent ideas flowing.

Masqua, your brilliant and as for the rest of you guys you are so creative and doing a great job.

I really like the direction this is headed, give me a few more days and either I will have some free time OR I am going in debt further to buy a new comp.

I have to be honest I just cant devote full time to the Opera, but couldnt feel more a part of this group than any here on ATS. Dont kill me, I promise I will write myself a post asap and then CM is going to rescue me right Cin?

Oh right, it is uncertain who will save me...

Later guys just dropping in for a quick check of the boards, thanks for understanding.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Sure I will save you.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
To make things fit, then, how about we give them a physical appearance related to the alien races which we know about... greys, reptillians or, even better, Nordics?

I was picturing reptilians when I named the ship the Altair.

"The star Altair was ill-omened, portending danger from reptiles."
Source

Of course that's just an idea.

[edit on 23-7-2009 by Studious]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by cindymars
reply to post by masqua

I think they should be avian, like black crows but bipedal.

Luder in your thinking, why did they destroy Earth? Would not it have been more feasable for them to want to take it as a home? Just curious as to what their motivation was?

[edit on 23-7-2009 by cindymars]

It's feasible that they destroyed the Earth because it was the "nerve nexus" for the UEF. Destroy central command, and the rest of the empire should be easy pickings. Quicker to zap it than to get dragged into a prolonged war trying to just "sterelize" it of UEF controls for their own use, then they have the rest of the planets in the UEF to pick from among.

There are many sorts of dangers in having a governmental entity that is too centralized.

It's also possible that they ASSUMED Earth was the seat of a centralized government, because that may be the sort they have, and so it was what they expected. The outcome may be a bit different than they wanted...

Of course Luder may have an entirely different rationale worked up.

[edit on 2009/7/23 by nenothtu]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by cindymars

Well, to be honest, I was thinking about our situations and this is what I can see.

1) The Yydryl seems to be out on her own for the most part. Since wwe started this, it doesn't really seem as if she's part of a fleet or a military organization - which is perfectly fine!

The Penelope is, however and we have a massive UEF fleet - er - had a massive UEF fleet backing us as well as a chunk of the Galaxy.

2) The Opiuchi??? I can't spell it, either, lol - were presented as a unifying force for us, being the collaborators. So, after Masqua made that one post where he said we need to focus on the larger threat, I got to thinking.

What would make us need to seek out the Yydryl again?

What would the Opis do that would set us over the edge, so to speak.

3) Now that you mention it, that seems like a good idea. Suppose, though - the Opis lived in a different set of conditions than humans and what we perceived to be nuclear blasts were actually "shock terraforming" bombs to completely eradicate the inhabitants of the planet and reshape the atmosphere/landscape?

4) Finally. I destroyed Earth so Studious couldn't go back to the UEF high command to report our actions before we got there.

LOL LOL LOL LOL

I hope number 3 is good - I think we could come to an agreement. I think we all do need to really hash out what the Opis are really about.

Cheers!

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Deson

vat grown

You’ve got a great back up to use too!

When I was hunting around the Ship way back when and thought I found the *kitchen* remember that pic, those big huge VATS?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f8189d22b317.jpg[/atsimg]

I was told they boiled snails?
HA HA! NOT!

It was the *Flesh Pots*... (Ok I just wanted to sneak that word in).
The flesh Vats!

Lemme dig up the pic - it should still be here and of course you don't have to use the pic but at least it fits in to the story hugely well.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   

The only thing I see that could be problematic is throwing SHIP under UEF standards.

Oh my.
Thanks so much for correcting me - I’m really thankful for that.
I’ll have to write myself out of it somehow.

Maybe that so many of the Yydryl missions ended up going into UEF areas they clamped down on all SHIPS and made them conform or not fly in their areas? (Sounds like the USA)...

That or I’ll take out the UEF reference, maybe that would be better.

Thanks TONS.

gracie

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Thanks Antar!

Well, now I know what I’ll do with my morning before work!

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Or change UEF to Orion Alliance. I'm sure the Alliance would have regs too...

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Yeppers, that's what I'm working on thanks to you, and I mean that. Thanks.

I also went back and read a post I'd missed by Cadbury - it wasn't in the Opera but in PDF form.

Reminds me I think we should ask Masqua to take that PDF and post it in the Opera instead of leaving it embedded in Captain Cadburys‘ post. It‘s important to the story line and I would have messed up the whole Rigelian thing if I hadn't seen it.

*Runs to U2U*

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Ok there it is.

I split up the post for one, it was too long, and two the *Yydryl* post - I hope people will help me edit as needed.

I'll see ya'll tonight (for me) I hope.

For now it's almost 40C and I'm dying in the flat.

Please DO NOT HESITATE to correct my mistakes and/or make suggestions.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
I think we should ask Masqua to take that PDF and post it in the Opera instead of leaving it embedded in Captain Cadburys‘ post.

I've included the text into the post. The .pdf loads slowly and many readers would not have access to .pdf's anyways.

Good call, silo.

top topics

<< 149  150  151    153  154  155 >>

join