It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 153
<< 150  151  152    154  155  156 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
reply to post by nenothtu

The only thing I see that could be problematic is throwing SHIP under UEF standards.

Oh my.
Thanks so much for correcting me - I’m really thankful for that.
I’ll have to write myself out of it somehow.

Maybe that so many of the Yydryl missions ended up going into UEF areas they clamped down on all SHIPS and made them conform or not fly in their areas? (Sounds like the USA)...

That or I’ll take out the UEF reference, maybe that would be better.

Thanks TONS.

gracie

I agree I don't think the Yydryl is affiliated with the UEF.

Love and Peace!

I really want the Opinochiwans to be Avians like black crows but if you read my Earth post, the Reptillians will be involved.

Of course I don't get to make that decision on my own.

[edit on 24-7-2009 by cindymars]

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Whoa! Where it stands right now, it sort of looks like the good S.H.I.P. Yydryl has authority issues, and don't like captains...

Hmmm.. The plot thickens. Can't wait to see how this develops. I'm not sure neno's gonna pay a visit any time soon, as he's got that authoritarian thing going on amongst folk that can't sit up and pay attention to authority. A whole S.H.I.P. that has authority issues is probably a bit more than he could handle. It might break his mind altogether.

Of course since Yydryl wouldn't be working for him, that might not be an issue. Can't give any orders to folks that aren't under your authority, can you? He might get along famously. As the saying goes, "when in Rome..."

I gots to know, though, what IS Ship doing with the captains?

Tune in next time....

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Silo that was really good post. Lots of thought and work went into it. The second post gave me chills. Very good writing my good friend.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Whoa! Where it stands right now, it sort of looks like the good S.H.I.P. Yydryl has authority issues, and don't like captains...

Gawd I’m gonna cry, lol.
See Neno that’s just it.
I wanted Ship to be the Good Ship Lollypop - but Antar is right - we have to go with the flow...

So - Others, (like as in everyone), has pointed out more than once, in story ideas, etc, that Ship is not Mother Benevolent.

Ok ok ok, OK!

CindyMars (the Blue Goddess and I love ya hun) wanted the *lost* people in cocoons long ago - now that stage is set...

Does this still mean it’s SHIP doing it though!???

Not necessarily...*wiggles evil eyebrows*

I tried to make it obvious, if not overbearing, Ship does not, in fact, know everything that’s going on. (It could get her off the hook)...

So maybe there is a weirdo aboard.

Maybe it’s Carpet?

Maybe Captain Cadbury never left! HA!

Who knows, maybe it’s Chumley who’s letting the *missing* dry out in the cocoons before he makes jerky for his beloved Whisper.

Maybe it’s Swarg, who’s been around all the time and only recently got a mind bomb planted in him by that illustrious long gone intruder ToTheTenth.

Could it be Deson, who’s been with the Yydryl longer than any of us? Hmmmm???? Still waters you know!

That’s gonna be up to you all (I hope and pray to God it is)...

I’ve just tried to set some basic ground work, leaving all avenues open and give some (finally) background on Ship and her history.

Oh my gawd I forgot to breath through that whole post...

*GASP*

If you want something changed tell me now, please, so I can get it in quick and don't have to bother Masqua unduly.

[edit on 24-7-2009 by silo13]

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by cindymars

CindyMars - I hope it will work for your cocoon idea, I really do.

Thank you for the encouragement - it means tons coming form you.

Please let me know what I should add or take out - if you've got anything just gimme a U2U - I'll be on and off all night. (It's already 1600 here)...

[edit on 24-7-2009 by silo13]

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   

CindyMars (the Blue Goddess and I love ya hun) wanted the *lost* people in cocoons long ago - now that stage is set...

Not wanted, I was just making suggestions because we had no explainations of the missing crew and captains. Someone and we know who has the football and will be running with it soon.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Oh I dont' mean that you have to pull it off...

BUt at least this way it wont go against Ship's grain if it happens...

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

Oh I dont' mean that you have to pull it off...

BUt at least this way it wont go against Ship's grain if it happens...

Oh, I know. However you did leave questions regarding SHIP that I found intriging, open to possibilities, mysterious. I liked it.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by cindymars

Oh, I know. However you did leave questions regarding SHIP that I found intriging, open to possibilities, mysterious. I liked it.

Exactly! The suspense just kills ya...

I'm trying to sort through all the references to the Ophiuchi to try to gain a working knowledge of them to post. It strikes me that their form of government is a "Consortium", which shouldn't preclude a mix of varying species types, as is found in the Orion Alliance.

Instead of settling on ONE species, why not all of the above?

So far for body types, we have suggestions of Avian, Reptilian, and Humanoid (Greys and Nordics), but not big bugs, or amorphous blobs. Interesting.

[edit on 2009/7/24 by nenothtu]

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   

I really think that we should save the Grey's, Nordics and Reptiles for another faction or storyline, not use up all our alien references at once. IMO

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu
Instead of settling on ONE species, why not all of the above?

So far for body types, we have suggestions of Avian, Reptilian, and Humanoid (Greys and Nordics), but not big bugs, or amorphous blobs. Interesting.

I like that idea!

Speaking of The Blob...

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by cindymars

I really think that we should save the Grey's, Nordics and Reptiles for another faction or storyline, not use up all our alien references at once. IMO

Me too. In researching what we have so far on the Ophiuchis, I've found that "Reticulans" (greys) and "Draconians" (reptilians) have already been mentioned as having their own smaller empires apart from the UEF, OA, and Ophiuchi Consortium in both Luder's History of the UEF and the Galacatographic Reference.

Nordics haven't been dropped in here anywhere yet that I've found.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   

I guess we all have to come to some sort of concensus on that.
I have voted.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Micronians

One of the earliest races to be destroyed by the Legions of Steel were a bizarre race of humanoids known to outsiders as “The Micronians”. The Micronians appear to be human aside from the fact that they are only six inches tall!

The Micronian's technology was about the equivelant of Earth's at the time of contact with the Legions of Steel. But even if their military technology was equal to that of one of the more advanced races like Infranite or Fantasia they most likely still would have been whiped out by the Legions of Steel due to their inferior size and numbers. However, there still survives a small militant group of Micronians who were away from their planet when the Legions of Steel attack came.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Avian ET's are a brand new concept, afaik, and there's nothing wrong with the idea.

The only problem I can think of is a too literal description of crows. I know how intelligent ravens are, btw, having lived for a number of years in the arctic, but the ships they use are going to have to be designed with a notion of being handled by footclaw and beak.

Ravens are spectacular birds. The mimic people all the time and I used to get a thrill out of talking to them. Their abilities to contend with locking garbage cans is legend and, if you've ever heard about the Yellowknife golf course, they love to steal golf balls just for hellery. Players get a free stroke for every one stolen.

There's no reason why avians, with a bit of evolution behind them, couldn't one day become a civilization. They use tools, cooperate with each other, fool sled dogs out of their kibble and all sorts of other mischief.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Ok think more of the representation in ancient Egypt or like in Stargate. They have avian attributes, like feathers and heads but have arms and legs maybe claw like hands and feet. Something like that. Hey I have heard that Acturians are Avian but its all speculative.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

The image of tiny aliens reminds me of those two pixies that were sidekicks for Mothra.

Evil, no less.

If they have arms, it has to be wingless and a wingless bird would also not need feathers. I like the idea of avian ET's that can fly, but that requires atmosphere and would be useless in space travel.

We'd have to find a middle ground somewhere on that species like you said. We'd need to develop an entirely new creature.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deson
Just popping in. I wanted to show you a prototype of a Type 1 Semi Portable. Think of it as a 50 cal for the Yydryl crew. There are a lot of things that need to be added yet, (Textures, a trigger, lots of parts, etc) but you can get an idea of where I'm going with this.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0eb886711d49.jpg[/atsimg]

Back in the late 70's, there was a smg design called the "Sidewinder" with a butt-plate similar to this U-shaped one. It was held on with a removable cross pin, so that one could shoulder-fire it (position as in this picture), or turn it horizontally and re-pin it, to brace it against the inside of one's elbow, for "point and shoot' (aka "spray and pray') firing.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

I guess it is Thoth I was thinking of.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/130a52a8670a.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/516e4e4c5dad.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Sounds like a good idea. I can easily add a swivel bracket to where the stock connects into the main body or cut a channel to allow it to swivel.

Now that I think of it. I've only had a chance to do a little work on it. Here's what I got so far.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/23b7696e715a.jpg[/atsimg]

I've been busy the last couple of days for a custom creation for Silo13. A ground vehicle. Here's a link to a untextured version of what I'm building for him.

top topics

<< 150  151  152    154  155  156 >>

join