It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 151
<< 148  149  150    152  153  154 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by mf_luder

Well thank you Captain Luder.

I can’t wait to hear what others think.

I'm getting it ready to post just in case - also making it a little *darker* just in case she goes rouge for real.

Thank you so much.
gracie

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I like it too, Silo.
As far as I am concerned, GO FOR IT!

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by cindymars

Thank you CindyMars - that's a huge help.
If you've got anythign to add shoot me a U2U - or drop me a line here please.

I'd sooooo like to get this cleared up so we can go on and just enjoy the Opera without all the loose ends.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
ok, I've come to a little decision here. Yeah, I've sorta been talked into it. (chuckle)

I'll try to contribute to the main thread. My position will be "Ship's Armorer". I'll do my best to check back at the main thread daily to get caught up on things and contribute when I can. It won't be for a day or so. But yeah, I'll get involved.

Masqua, what letter font did you use for the badges? I'll try to make one for myself. I know that I've got those blank ones stored on the media site.

As always, I will be available for NPC duty. I probably won't get involved too heavy duty into the story line at first. I have so much to get caught up on and I don't want there to be any conflicts between what I write and the main story arc.

I also plan on continuing (when I can) the graphics artwork and design as well.

Silo13, check your U2U for a link to a concept for a ground vehicle for you and U2U me with how you feel about it. Or shall I simply post it here? I figure that once it's completed anyway, that I'll post the pics of it so that the others can relate to it and can describe it if they encounter either you or chumly in it.

[edit on 23-7-2009 by Deson]

[edit on 23-7-2009 by Deson]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
I really feel compelled to post this for the Space Opera.
I saw it in another thread here on ATS but can't find which one.
I hope you all enjoy it - I just LOVE it.

You inspired me to make a small video for all the writers in the Opera.
This is just a small bit from a much longer and more in depth video I'm making for ATS.

Enjoy

(click to open player in new window)

[edit on 23-7-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Slayer! Space cowboy where you been?
I would love to watch it but can't at work.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Nice video slayer! I liked it.

Something had occurred to me concerning the "Human Jerky". Has it been established exactly HOW or WHERE the meat comes from? If it hasn't been established then here are a couple of possible thoughts that won't affect the storyline (except maybe add a twist). If it has been established then please forget this.

ok, my reasoning is as follows. There are human worlds in the Orion alliance correct? There would be a lot of flack from those worlds if the meat was taken from actual living humans. The Orion alliance is advanced in their organic technology correct? Here's a couple of work arounds:

First: The meat is grown in vats. It would still need to be cured etc prior to eating. That would prove to be a suitable substitute for those who like human flesh as a "Taste Treat" and it would be more suitable for civilized society.

Second: The meat is shipped form human controlled worlds all right but it's from the recently dead. Not from the living. Thus another alternative.

The scans would show there being human flesh aboard in either case thus no changes in the storyline. This would also be (in my estimation) more in tune with a advanced multi species society.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Deson

I think that is brillant Deson and it was never established from my recollection. Human Jerky was Whisper's creation so only she would know what she had in mind but I think we should go with your idea.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by cindymars

Hey you.
How goes it?

I'm fine just been busy making a few videos for ATS and fighting the good fight against ignorance on other threads. I'm still here. I should have something posted soon for the opera.

I hope you enjoy the video when you get a chance to watch it also dont forget to star it in the media section if you liked it.

PEACE

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   

OK, how the hell do you navigate the media section. I would star your dinner menu.
You know that. LOL

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Deson

I only have three secs but HOLY JUMPIN WOOHOO!

DESON IS IN!!!!!!!!!!!!

*Happy Dance all the way to the post office*...

Edit: Back.
Forget the post office.

Slayer Please make sure and post how we can get to you in media to star - this vid of yours just is made for 'em. Thank you.

Deson I'm so glad there's someone that's going to take care a that meat thing. I was in hopes it would get cleared up when the Penny was on board, but, well, we all know what happened then.... (I still miss *Twitchy*, lol)...

Wicked glad you're aboard.

[edit on 23-7-2009 by silo13]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by cindymars

OK, how the hell do you navigate the media section. I would star your dinner menu.
You know that. LOL

Click on this link below. It should take you to the media section and star it if you like, The Ranking star deal is down on the right. you may have to scroll down a bit.

New SLAYER video

[edit on 23-7-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   

AWESOME video.

For some reason, it brought tears to my eyes....

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
It'll be interesting all right for me. I've never been in a collaborative thread before so bear with me on things.

On the Jerky question, I figure that number one (vat grown) would be the best way to go.

As I figure it, I won't get involved until a little later on when Silo asks my character some questions. Silo's got a couple of posts yet to go before I get involved with things. This may be for the better since I have catching up and thinking to do. Besides, I've still got a vehicle and my semi-portables to finish designing. (chuckle)

So please don't throw me to the lions just yet, let me get a breather ok?

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Tried to star it for you, bro - but it wouldn't let me.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Looks excellent, and very imaginative to me. The only thing I see that could be problematic is throwing SHIP under UEF standards. The Yydryl was originally from and entirely separate empire in the story, the Orion Alliance, Formerly the Orion Empire (written up like that 'cause I didn't have it straight).

Galactographic Reference Post

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
We could certainly use what in SciFi writing is called a bible.
We need one with stats.
Now especially in relation to our enemy the Opichiniopioknmmn.
I hate names I cant remember how to spell.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by cindymars
We could certainly use what in SciFi writing is called a bible.
We need one with stats.
Now especially in relation to our enemy the Opichiniopioknmmn.
I hate names I cant remember how to spell.

Luder stared one for the Penelope here and I think Deson started one for the Yydryl, but I've misplaced the link. Luder also has the Penelope manual that I think you recently read, but as far as I know, no one has written one up for the Yydryl, since until Silo started the quest for closure, there really wasn't enough info to start one. looks like she has a good start, though.

Also, Luder started a side-story bearing on a part of UEF history here.

[edit on 2009/7/23 by nenothtu]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Jeez. Bible. LOL - you should see the one I have for my sci-fi epic I'm writing. I have TONS of background information in binders all over the place here.

It's good to have, but sometimes I get lost in writing up new background data for it and no storyline.....

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by mf_luder
reply to post by nenothtu

Jeez. Bible. LOL - you should see the one I have for my sci-fi epic I'm writing. I have TONS of background information in binders all over the place here.

It's good to have, but sometimes I get lost in writing up new background data for it and no storyline.....

TONS? Multiple binders worth? Careful about too many detail in background info - it can mess up the storyline by painting yourself into a corner later. Of course, that gives you an opportunity for creative problem-solving...

You might consider putting a link to the Penelope manual into the UEF background thread, and the journal side story too, to Get everything findable from one place.

[edit on 2009/7/23 by nenothtu]

top topics

<< 148  149  150    152  153  154 >>

join