It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This IS Serious! Look - Our Magnetosphere - Something is Seriously Wrong! Happening Now!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

It happens quite often it appears:

en.wikipedia.org...

From August 28 until September 2, 1859, numerous sunspots and solar flares were observed on the sun, the largest flare occurring on the 1st. A massive CME headed directly at Earth due to the solar flare and made it within eighteen hours—-a trip that normally takes three to four days. On September 1 and 2nd, the largest recorded geomagnetic storm occurred. Telegraph wires in both the United States and Europe shorted out, some even causing fires. Auroras were seen as far south as Hawaii, Mexico, Cuba, and Italy—phenomena that are usually only seen near the poles. This was the 1859 solar superstorm.

On 13 March 1989 a severe geomagnetic storm caused the collapse of the Hydro-Québec power grid in a matter of seconds as equipment protection relays tripped in a cascading sequence of events.[1][3] Six million people were left without power for nine hours, with significant economic loss. The storm even caused auroras as far south as Texas [2]. The geomagnetic storm causing this event was itself the result of a Coronal Mass Ejection, ejected from the Sun on March 9, 1989.[4]

In August 1989, another storm affected microchips, leading to a halt of all trading on Toronto's stock market [5].

Since 1989, power companies in North America, the UK, Northern Europe and elsewhere evaluated the risks of geomagnetically induced currents (GIC) and developed mitigation strategies.[citation needed]

Since 1995, geomagnetic storms and solar flares have been monitored from the Solar and Heliospheric Observatory (SOHO) joint-NASA-European Space Agency satellite.

On Feb. 26, 2008 the magnetic fields erupted inside the magnetotail, releasing about 1015 Joules of energy. The blast launched two gigantic clouds of protons and electrons, one toward Earth and one away from Earth. The Earth-directed cloud crashed into the planet below, sparking vivid auroras in Canada and Alaska [6].

A pdf full of info as well:

www.leif.org...

Regarding polar shifts, I wouldn't have a clue about any of that, so I can't answer those questions.

[edit on 12-3-2009 by Chadwickus]

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

LOL I KNOW that we have had those events before!!

That is not what I was saying................. what I was saying....... show where it caused our magnetic field to fold up within itself........like it did today.

Peace

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by CallMeMaury

But hasnt the earths poles changed before?
Or are you associating the rotational speed with the poles?
Im not really sure if they are related, and didnt know they had flipped before, until reading a few posts up where it was discovered.
If they do flip, will the earth slow?
Or do compasses point the wrong direction? or does n/s relation stay the same and the positive and negative effects get reversed?

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   

I have to say as crazy bas it sounds. I think this is exactly what the effects of project lucifer was supposed to be. What else might be causing this???? it doesn't seem that the source of the disturbance would be attributed to the sun or the effect would be more balanced. Thats just my un trianed opinion.,

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by guinnessford

Dude, I was referencing that terrible movie "The Core" which had to do with earth's magnetic field and natural disasters.

My main point is that if the magnetic field is going screwy we are all toast, and since there is no way to fix it if it does get messed up, we might as well stop worrying about it.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
In November it was rumored that 9 nukes were exploded under the arctic ocean, in a very strategic spot, right where the core was buldging closer to the surface.
www.dailypaul.com...

Then in December, theres a huge unpredicted hole over our north pole in our magnetic shield.

Hmmm... whatever is up , doesnt look like a freakish act of nature, or long overdue. I think someone must have thought it should be hurried up, people who don't have our best interests in mind, who want to depopulate this planet, perhaps.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I have been watching some of our members post the same pictures of our magnetosphere for a couple of years and have never seen the look of what questioningall posted in the OP. I have been since reading every site on my favorites that have to do with this subject and I find nothing in the warnings which would jepordize our atmosphere... I am lost, it does look wrong to me too but no good explaination as to why it looks all catywompus.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
How many members on here are "stay-at-home" moms?

Haha.

Sweet jesus people, find some new hobbies. End of days prophecy has gone out of style.

[edit on 12-3-2009 by dimensionaljumper]

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by CallMeMaury
[I mean what are we gonna do if you are right? Send a drilling machine into earth's core to detonate an a-bomb to correct earth's slowing rotation. That would be ridiculous.]

Some of the wackiest scientists on the nation's payroll is probably considering this

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   

It does look strange, I'll admit that.... but perhaps that is normal once a year or something. I think more research is needed on this before we panic on it... but great find! If that doesn't get one's curiosity going, then nothing will!

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by dimensionaljumper

Im an auto mechanic.
Have a computer on my toolbox, because i contact the auto manuf. frequently, along with repair manuals, time clock, etc.
What i can suggest, is if you dont like whats on channel 10, dont yell at the tv. use the remote and change the channel.
Good day.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Actually, when I say "flipped" I literally mean "flipped". The arctic was at one time in the tropics, the tropics were Arctic, etc.

Scientist have found dinosaur remains in the Arctic - instantly frozen with food still undigested in the Artic.

link: www.universetoday.com...

Scientists have found evidence that the Earth might have flipped over in the past, completely shifting the orientation of its poles. The theory has been around for years; that a large mountain range or supervolcano might unbalance the spinning Earth. Over the course of millions of years, the Earth would change the orientation of its axis until the object was balanced at the equator again. The scientists found evidence of magnetic grains in layers of rock sediment on the ocean floor that maintain a record of the Earth's magnetic field over millions of years.

Imagine a shift in the Earth so profound that it could force our entire planet to spin on its side after a few million years, tilting it so far that Alaska would sit at the equator. Princeton scientists have now provided the first compelling evidence that this kind of major shift may have happened in our world's distant past.

"The sediments we have recovered from Norway offer the first good evidence that a true polar wander event happened about 800 million years ago," said Maloof, an assistant professor of geosciences. "If we can find good corroborating evidence from other parts of the world as well, we will have a very good idea that our planet is capable of this sort of dramatic change."

"Scientists have found no evidence for an ice age occurring 800 million years ago, and the change in the ocean at this juncture remains one of the great mysteries in the ancient history of our planet," he said. "But if all the continents were suddenly flipped around and their rivers began carrying water and nutrients into the tropics instead of the Arctic, for example, it could produce the mysterious geochemical changes science has been trying to explain."

from another article: www.guardian.co.uk...

The Earth could be about to turn upside down. The planet's magnetic field is showing signs of wanting to make a gigantic somersault, so that magnetic north heads towards Antarctica, and magnetic south goes north. Compasses will point the wrong way, and migrating birds, fish and turtles are going to be very confused.

Just when this will happen, how long it will take and what the consequences will be, is difficult to fathom. What is not in doubt, though, is that it will happen. About every half a million years or so, the Earth's magnetic field flips upside down.

Without our magnetic shield, those solar particles might create havoc with the weather. That cosmic radiation blasting the Earth's surface could cause genetic mutations and cancers. Yet when palaeontologists scoured the fossil records looking for signs of mass extinctions or bursts of evolution during previous magnetic field flips, they found nothing. Living organisms seem to have survived intact. But what will happen next time?

There are many articles about the Earth flipping in history. Also, think about how so many people are saying birds are doing weird things, and other animals. So...........

[edit on 12-3-2009 by questioningall]

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
so not just the poles shifting, but the whole planet rotating?
Wow! thats something i hadnt heard of before.
I wonder how we on this rock would adapt to that????

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by questioningall

LOL I KNOW that we have had those events before!!

That is not what I was saying................. what I was saying....... show where it caused our magnetic field to fold up within itself........like it did today.

Peace

Well if you got the bandwidth and time you can search through the archives to find a similar event:

www2.nict.go.jp...

[edit on 12-3-2009 by Chadwickus]

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Well actually our planet changes its magnetic polarity something like every 10,000 years or something. ( i didn't pay as much attention in my geology class as much as i thought) but this very concept came up one time through my professor and explained to me that our magnetic core DOES shift after a chunk of time.

Eventually our compasses WILL point south.

Then eventually it will go back.

According to my professor at least

and sorry I have no real evidence to support this other then what he said, but hey, research it.

At least you have a direction.

link   

Originally posted by CallMeMaury

Dude, I was referencing that terrible movie "The Core" which had to do with earth's magnetic field and natural disasters.

My main point is that if the magnetic field is going screwy we are all toast, and since there is no way to fix it if it does get messed up, we might as well stop worrying about it.

I definately agree that if its happening there is no reason to worry too much because that is so far out of our hands to do anything but pray.

However, I do disagree about the movie The Core... Its one of my favorites.
The science sucks in it... but I love the actors. I have weird taste, what can I say?

link   

I will adapt fine ..... IF I make it through the initial spin/flip and IF where I live right now........... doesn't become the Arctic or Antarctic!

I really wouldn't mind living in the tropics once more............ that I could handle.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Been there done that........tried to go back a few years etc. this morning, when I first saw the pics of the magnetic field - no link worked for me............... thanks, though

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   

i'm not yelling at the tv. just wondering how much time a lot of these members have on their hands.

if the planet is changing, then we must also. if we cannot change with it, then we will pass on as quickly as we came. survival of the fittest. adaptation.

i am all about being vigilant and trying to stay informed. but worrying and freaking out over something i have no control over is pointless.

its just a ride guys, why worry about the details.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Well Questionall i do have to hand it to you for you remarkable observational skills and i must say that going by the latest images from SWS it looks pretty weird (almost like the poles already have shifted
)...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/5bc93179d936ac81.jpg[/atsimg]

(remember the red line one page 1 were above and are now below)

But i don't know were the SWS bases their models on and how credible are they???

Peace

[edit on 12/3/2009 by operation mindcrime]

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join