It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This IS Serious! Look - Our Magnetosphere - Something is Seriously Wrong! Happening Now!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Please take a look - This is Serious......... What is Happening? I have been watching our Magnetosphere - I am completely at a loss of words of what our Magnetoshpere looks like TODAY - Right this moment!

what is happening??? Are we about to flip our magnetic core???

Seriously - Look - very abnormal!!!

Link to pictures from govt. updated every 20 mins....... click on any time... start on the 11th..... you will see how things started to change.... I am adding a few pictures here, from the 11th to NOW.... I have to also admit, I am a little freaked out - on what it looks like right now. I am not a scientist........... can anyone explain this?

link: www2.nict.go.jp...

from the 10th of March:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/559b3b0a2075.jpg[/atsimg]

from the 11th of March:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/450d095bbb92.jpg[/atsimg]

from today -

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/dcab6debda31.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bd5eaa67d040.jpg[/atsimg]

Please look at the original link provided above.... you can click on many dates and times to see what it has been doing and has looked like. BUT what it looks like right now..... is very scary to me.

This is what our magnet field looks like if it was "normal"

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bef23933f241.gif[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6cfa0deb307f.gif[/atsimg]

link to articles about our Magnetic Field:

www-ssc.igpp.ucla.edu...

www.resonancepub.com...

Can anyone explain this?

EDIT: Thanks to Kdial1 - who posted this vid on the 3rd page of this thread.... of what our magnetosphere is "suppose" to look like and how it is suppose to act. I am inserting it here..... so everyone can immediately see it.

[edit on 12-3-2009 by questioningall]

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
What does it normally look like..??

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
YA... it looks messed up.

No idea

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Remember that sunspot a couple of days ago??.....well that's what we're seeing right now....

Just my two cents...

(Now if i could just remember the thread i saw this sunspot in...)

Thanks for the heads up....S+F

Peace

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
While I haven't studied our magnetosphere, that certainly does not look good. I'm gonna read your links to educate myself a bit.

What is happening? Is Terra preparing to flip its poles on us?

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
picture of what it looks at this moment - most recent

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/46a822611a68.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 12-3-2009 by questioningall]

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
i will say it looks alot different.
Other than that i really dont know, but i hope its not bad.
And the sunspot thing may account for it.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Here we go...it is not a sunspot but a coronal hole...

CORONAL HOLE: Extreme UV telescopes onboard the Solar and Heliospheric Observatory (SOHO) are monitoring a dark hole in the sun's atmosphere--a coronal hole:

Coronal holes are vast regions where the sun's magnetic field opens up and allows the solar wind to escape. A stream of solar wind flowing from this hole is heading for Earth now. Arctic sky watchers should be alert for Northern Lights when it arrives late on March 12th or March 13th.

Source : SpaceWeather

Seems the weatherforcast was right!!!

Peace

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
The sunspot theory could be plausible:

en.wikipedia.org...

Substorms generally do not substantially add to the ring current. That happens in magnetic storms, when following an eruption on the sun (a "coronal mass ejection" or a "solar flare"—details are still being debated, see MSPF) a fast-moving plasma cloud hits the Earth. If the IMF has a southward component, this not only pushes the magnetopause boundary closer to Earth (at times to about half its usual distance), but it also produces an injection of plasma from the tail, much more vigorous than the one associated with substorms.

The plasma population of the ring current may now grow substantially, and a notable part of the addition consists of O+ oxygen ions extracted from the ionosphere as a by-product of the polar aurora. In addition, the ring current is driven earthward (which energizes its particles further), temporarily modifying the field around the Earth and thus shifting the aurora (and its current system) closer to the equator.
The magnetic disturbance may decay within 1–3 days as many ions are removed by charge exchange, but the higher energies of the ring current can persist much longer.

Taken: 03/11/2009 22:06:25 UT

Check out the Pressure readings, they're off the chart.

Edit: seeing as the pressure readings have now normalised, we should see the magnetic field return to normal.

Seems to be a common(ish) occurrence.

[edit on 12-3-2009 by Chadwickus]

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I was just going to post a thread like this. Over at GLP they are saying we are all about to be cooked alive!!!!

I'm no expert, but there is something terribly wrong with the magnetosphere right now.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
kinda looks like what happens when a gust of wind passes by a solid object. It tends to vortex in the low pressure area on the other side. Or a massively ionised object just passed by throwing off the electromagnetic wake.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by downtown436
I was just going to post a thread like this. Over at GLP they are saying we are all about to be cooked alive!!!!

I'm no expert, but there is something terribly wrong with the magnetosphere right now.

Wait, what is GLP?

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Thanks for the link. From the site they suggest (require) that you place Copyright@NICT with the images.

Not sure what's up. (The N/S fields don't flip instantaneously, it's a process that may take thousands of years). Very interesting though! Good find.

[edit on 12-3-2009 by elfie]

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Check with Essam or OzWeatherman or that new guy, Kevin Martin (SSWWMeterologist?). I bet they'd know what it means.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
ISS is in evacuation and my wife lies sleeping. Please , make it be over really quick, especially for my daughter

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Hmmm , from the sites that monitor the sun I see that all is quite up there now.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
GLP is a site that is sort of like ATS, but is a little more raw. www.godlikeproductions.com Overall it is not a very good site, because people just load it with crapola and they just let it be what it is, whereas ATS is much more trustworthy, and if I see something on GLP that seems like it might be fake I check it with ATS, like this magnetosphere thing, I was about to post it on ATS because I don't know much about the magnetosphere, and there are some really smart people here that could tell me what is going on. Luckily it looks like some of my fears have been confirmed that something is very wrong.

Now I'm just wondering exactly what is about to happen because of this.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by guessing
[ISS is in evacuation]

The space station? They're evacuating?

link   
Again....

A stream of solar wind flowing from this hole is heading for Earth now. Arctic sky watchers should be alert for Northern Lights when it arrives late on March 12th or March 13th.

This is normal solar/ magnetosphere behaviour.....we'll get more of these in the next 3-4 years...

Peace

link   

Originally posted by downtown436
GLP is a site that is sort of like ATS, but is a little more raw. www.godlikeproductions.com Overall it is not a very good site, because people just load it with crapola and they just let it be what it is, whereas ATS is much more trustworthy, and if I see something on GLP that seems like it might be fake I check it with ATS, like this magnetosphere thing, I was about to post it on ATS because I don't know much about the magnetosphere, and there are some really smart people here that could tell me what is going on. Luckily it looks like some of my fears have been confirmed that something is very wrong.

Now I'm just wondering exactly what is about to happen because of this.

"Luckily my fears have been confirmed" is not a good statement. sorry for the one liner....

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join