It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This IS Serious! Look - Our Magnetosphere - Something is Seriously Wrong! Happening Now!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I would suggest that what is happening hee happens a lot woth other hings that people get scared about needlesly.

without having no knowledge of solar wainds and magnetic effects of the planet, it is very easy to get a little carried away when something looks a litle strange and posts pictures on the intrnet.
suddenly there are 200 experts calling for the end of the earth as we know it, when it could be nothing more than a little hiccup.

A bit like someone seeing a regular contrail csreaming the sky is falling without having any knowledge of contrails.

just my 2 cents anyway

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
It does seem like this planet is starting to undergo some pretty significant changes. How detrimental will those changes be? I guess only time will tell.

Most scientific data collection and analysis in this country is funded by the taxpayer. It would be great if we could at least get the whole truth from our government and the science community regarding the current state of our planet and what direction it is quickly headed in.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
i have minimal knowledge over this so excuse the question...

Has anyone noticed anything weird with compasses lately?

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

I agree with munkey66. This even could be nothing more than an iron space-object several meters across, which would have significant magnetic strength to bend the outer edges of our magnetosphere.

Now, that being said - There have been some strange anomalies, lately, on the Sun. We are entering an energetic area of the galaxy, currently, and I observed an "assumed" impact with the Sun on the same day that we saw the "Jupiter ignited" thread, a couple weeks ago. There are several flares, a couple "hot-spots", dark areas on the poles, and CMEs (coronal mass ejections) almost every day.

It is my opinion that this IS big news, but probably not life-threatening. Please, keep an eye on this for us, and keep us posted!!

GREAT THREAD! STAR!

O-315

Furthermore, can we have more videos posted of "normal" activity? Please, no video posts from computer "models", but actual observational videos.

[edit on 12-3-2009 by organism315]

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

I think, after watching a few more of these events that these are simply drops in solar activity, like a wave receding, the pressure chart seems to support this as well.

[edit on 12-3-2009 by Chadwickus]

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by GEORGETHEGREEK

The magnetic field is wandering some. It's decreasing at about 5% a century or so, and appears to be getting ready to flip. Magnetic North has wandered over towards Siberia recently.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
The amount of disturbance of the Earth's magnetic field is dependent upon several factors , a negative Bz, solar wind speed, and duration of , however, the best single indicator is the Bz. Remember, the Earth's magnetic field is disturbed the most when the solar wind magnetic field is negative.

At around 21:00 UT on 3-11-2009 a 2 hour long blast with a short peak just under 20 measured in Dens.(p/cc) was reported and documented.After this spike a period of several hours had gone by with a registered By(nT) in the -10 area that continued to weaken to be followed by a very long cycle that starts around 07:32 UT and last till about 18:12 .Medium level event is when the Bz is between +5 nT and +10nT. . No alerts were issued but if the Bz is +10nT or larger is considered High , This maintained a very nice Medium BZ for about a 6 hour period , I have never seen a longer event in terms of the polarcap being closed .
www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Here is one site which hosts real-time geomagnetic data -

Canadian Real-Time Geomagnetic Data Jump Page

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fa7436042365.jpg[/atsimg]
Source : Geologic Survey of Canada

There are others maintained by other nations and agencies.

Following are a couple 'data dumps' from a two of the Canadian sites -

Resolute Bay Realtime Data ( Rate of Change )

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c7e9949a89e9.jpg[/atsimg]

Baker Lake Realtime Data ( Rate of Change )

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/605b6d5340a5.jpg[/atsimg]

Both these 'strip-charts' actually look 'pretty normal.' One may notice that the Resolute Bay data looks like it's getting kind of 'twitchy,' but, based on the following comments, may not mean anything 'special' -

Now, bear in mind - all this data, on any of these public sites has already been pre-processed for public consumption, that is to say, sufficiently cooked so that it will not cause any undue public indigestion ...

The same is true for all the so-called 'data' which has been presented previously in this thread ...

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by blujay

Originally posted by downtown436
I was just going to post a thread like this. Over at GLP they are saying we are all about to be cooked alive!!!!

I'm no expert, but there is something terribly wrong with the magnetosphere right now.

Wait, what is GLP?

Godlikeproductions.

Another forum that is as wacked as ATS.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
A few thoughts. Fluctuations in our magnetic field interests me due to my habit of listing weird events. An earlier poster asked "if anyone noticed anything strange going on with compasses?"

The sats colliding might have been caused or prompted by any changes.

Dolphins, whales beaching, as above.

The two subs colliding (Compass related?)

Bird, bee fatalities.

Strange weather patterns.

What do you think? the submarine collision realy intrigues me.

Respects

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
does any of this have something to do with what was mentioned on Project Camelot's website a few days ago?...

...from what we understand via testimony from our witnesses such as Jake Simpson and Dan Burisch, our solar system has already entered this area of the galaxy encountering waves of energy i.e. a galactic superwave based on the research of Paul LaViolette ..."(1981 - 82): LaViolette was the first to measure the extraterrestrial material content of prehistoric polar ice. Using the neutron activation analysis technique, he found high levels of iridium and nickel in 6 out of the 8 polar ice dust samples (35k to 73k yrs BP), an indication that they contain high levels of cosmic dust. This showed that Galactic superwaves may have affected our solar system in the recent past..." and are now affecting our planet.

Some of the proposed effects are thought to act upon on our consciousness as well as our DNA. As we move into alignment with the galactic center these effects are expected to increase and to reach a sort of peak around the years 2012-2013.

www.projectcamelot.org...

LaViolette's website

also...

Prediction No. 2 (1980 - 83): Dr. LaViolette’s studies concluded that Galactic center cosmic ray volleys interact minimally with interstellar magnetic fields and are able to propagate radially outward along rectilinear trajectories traveling through the Galaxy at near light speed in the form of a coherent, spherical, wave-like volley. He was the first to suggest this idea of a "Galactic superwave."

Prediction No. 9 (1983): In chapter 3 of his dissertation, LaViolette proposed that geomagnetic reversals are induced by solar cosmic ray storms. He proposed that at times when invading cosmic dust causes the Sun to become very active and engage in continual flaring activity, major solar outbursts could occur that are a thousand times more intense than those currently observed. Further he proposed that solar cosmic rays from such a mega flare could impact the Earth’s magnetosphere, become trapped there to form storm-time radiation belts, and generate an equatorial ring current producing a magnetic field opposed to the Earth’s. If sufficiently intense, this ring current magnetic field could cancel out the Earth’s own field and flip the residual magnetic field pole to an equatorial location. From this position it could later either recover or adopt a reversed polarity. He proposed that this geomagnetic excursion would be very rapid, occurring in a matter of days.

Superwave Theory and Subquantum Kinetics Predictions

on that page you'll find verifications of his theories...

could any of this have something to do with the abnormal Magnetosphere bahavior?

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
After reading the thread I'm thinking the parts where they are criss crossing is actually due to a lack of activity rather than actual activity causing it.

Meaning, it appears as if they are trying to close up where as they are normally being blown away.

As if when they are slender and long, they are being blown back. But when the wind slows down, they start to bulge back and come back under. Like if you had hair curled up without much hairspray, when the wind blows the hair straightens out, but then when the wind stops the hair curls back etc. Although I'm sure women would kill for hairspray that held and flowed like that, I think you get the point.

The video that showed the 4 different images and charts at the same time pretty much showed this I think.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
It's normal. It happens.

Please reduce the panic and think logically about it.

Before people jump to conclusions (like has happened on many OMG the world is ending topics), re-read some of this stuff posted by:

operation mindcrime

and operation mindcrime again

Chadwickus

Zaphod58

Zaphod58 again

operation mindcrime again

Oh! operation mindcrime AGAIN

Deny ignorance.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by CASH69
They just had a documentary on this a few weeks ago,i believe it was on either the science,or discovery channel,and they did say that the core is in fact slowing down. They also said,they didn't know how long this would take. Some say it could be any time now to a few years. I don't think they want to cause public panic. They also said we would experience communication outages by the masses if this gets any worse. The suns radiation will seep through causing many problems. Another theory is that there is a large planetary sized object causing this to happen,but where is it?

Well, it is not just Planet X, but apparently the twin star of Sol, now called Nemesis. Planet X is supposed to orbit THAT wandering star. It is supposed to have a 3,600 year orbit. Remember, our universe is electrical in nature, and we regularly have huge magnetic events happen in the solar system. So there may be something to the lining up with the galactic center and all. I have stated this before, and will again; in the mid 1850s we had solar storms that caused our telegraph wires to ignite fires all over. If/when that recurs, at that strength, it will not only down our power, but also fry our cars and other computer using devices. And the Star Wars missile shield. And the order for gas to run the tractor to harvest your dinner. We have become very suceptible to solar storms.
Oh, and the star, Nemesis, is supposed to be coming in on the opposite side of the Sun, blocking our view here, but visible with welders masks in the southern hemisphere. Me? I don't know, just what I read. I do a lot of research on the web. When it gets here, it will just miss Earth. Supposedly, according to some, there was an inhabited planet that was smashed, creating the Van Allen belt, and perhaps even our moon. According to others I have read, there WAS a 'death star', and the whole idea for Star Wars was based on actual history. I guess we'll find out much later. I mean, if you are an alien with knowledge of much galactic history, wouldn't you give those great stories to someone who's civ had no knowledge of them? To further your own aims?

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
so what would happen, is that the earth's poles would shift
so...north would be the new down...
...and south would be the new up?? yes?? no?? chickens??

anyways, on a serious side note, do you think this has anything to do with 12/21/2012? i think the earth would stop moving, like a car that suddenly went into reverse, but inertia would keep the crust of the earth moving, (like how you would flick water off your hands when there's no paper towels around where as the water would be the crust, and your hand would be the core of the earth), causing giant earthquakes, volcanoes to shoot off, and tsunamis to hit landlocked countries oh god the irony!
oh and a lot of people would die too if that happened. Or maybe there's a giant alien armada waiting to attack us and inslave us, and they simply couldn't get through because the EM field interferes with their ships or something, and this was the chance they've been waiting for, when our field flips. Or our field could just dissipate and leave us to roast in the solar winds and stuff.

this is very noobish(im new here), but how do i get a signature?

[edit on 12-3-2009 by AnimeAgent]

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Starred and Flagged something is up for sure, but this does happen.

Here is a link and info for beginners and packed with info and more links, enjoy!

I am going to look into this further and get back to this thread.

www.pureenergysystems.com...

Earth Magnetic Field Reversal

Possible energy ramifications of diminishing magnetic field. How long will it linger at zero before reversing?

Scientists have been observing changes in the direction of earth's magnetic field which took place recently as well as in the distant past. NASA’s website features a map showing the gradual northward migration of the north magnetic pole in the past century and a half. Since more than double the time interval has elapsed since the last reversal, compared to the time lapse between the previous two pole reversals, some believe we may be overdue for the next north-south flip. (1,2) However, though the interval between reversals of the Earth’s magnetic field can be as short as 5,000 years, it can also be as long as 50 million years. There does not seem to be any logic or rule governing the planet’s behavior.

Does the magnetic field drop to zero gauss?

Dire predictions follow upon the heels of this theory. Electronic devices would all be at risk: there may be damage to, or complete loss of, all near-earth-orbiting satellites and possibly the space station itself. Effects on life forms could range from migrating birds losing their sense of direction to immune system decline and even widespread die-off from radiation-induced cancers.

[edit on 12-3-2009 by Realtruth]

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Its really just a simulation. On the sample page where they explain everything the magnetic field look funky too. I think we all better just put the gear away and take a deep breath.

[edit on 12-3-2009 by neighbor_guy]

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
While we're on the subject of the magnetosphere, you may be interested in this if you haven't read it.

www.examiner.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by CASH69

Wow Cash, thanks for that video on the Galactic plane. That has to be the best theory I have seen so far that explains what geo history seems to tell us, the Earth undergoes some major upheavals every so many thousand years. I don't think this is related directly with this recent fluctuation of the Earths Magnetosphere, but a great theory none the less.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join