It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you HOPING for a complete collapse and chaos to happen?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
No, I don't.

I want something beautiful, and revolutionary, unforeseen, and peaceful to sweep the world and create a new era of greatness; where of the important lessons have already been learned the hard way, and the "human struggle" becomes Bill & Teds "most excellent human experience", but that's not going to happen.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I think it will happen the collapse... and my guessing is in 2012. I have a strange and strong feeling about that time and this year.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Anubis_4400

Why? What's going to happen if they dont? The dollar will crash to zero? How does that affect me? The banks will all shut down? How does that affect me?

I can only see positives out of this. Positives being that the fed including the IRS will shut down. Positives that nobody will be left to come and put a gun to my head for demanded "taxes." What's it worth to the almighty lord government to come and take this poor mans land in the event of complete federal collapse?

Maybe at some point the Chinese will invade or some other crap like that but by then I'll either be dead or I'll be too poor and too small for them to care about.

Tell me exactly how I will suffer in the event of complete federal collapse.
Will the terrorists jump out of their caves and force to praty to their god?

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I didn't read through all 12 pages of this thread, just nine of them, lol... so I'm not sure if this has been linked or not.

voices.washingtonpost.com...

washington post is running a story about this.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Text Black

So, it sounds like many peope want a collapse and chaos..Boy that is interesting. You would think people would get together and organize to remove all of these corrupt Congressmen and put honest people in their place. I know, you can't get people off the sofa or drag them from their favorite pastime to remove the criminals. Well..looks like a collapse is going to happen and the crooks from the hood can't wait to get their hands on your stuff and rape your wives and daughters..book it. You had better been living in the country with people of you kind who are prepared for days of hell..Wal-mart will not save you, neither will the police..they will have their hands full..you had better be ready.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I can't wait personally. This world gets depressing more and more everyday.

Just wish the weaponary wasn't so advanced. Though I do have a couple rifles....

But people fighting the government or whoever on even ground with Katanas and Long Bows and crap, now that'd be some fun.

Anarchy would be so much more fun with close combat.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by johnny2127

It's weird you should bring that up...
A couple years back, I absolutely wanted Armageddon to happen. It was exciting. The reason it was exciting is because I thought I knew what was going to happen and that I would be safe and everything would ultimately change for the better. I was a Christian, and anarchy seemed like a good course.

It's like riding on a roller coaster - if you are secure, you are exhilarated. If you are not secure, you are terrified.

This is one flaw of religion. It allows the person to feel secure when in reality they very well may not be. It allowed people to kill thousands on September 11th because they believed they knew what would happen next - they would go to heaven and be treated as gods. It allowed the crusades. People who thought they were fighting for God and would receive an eternal reward. And it may yet allow for our country to burn - the majority of its inhabitants being Christian and believing it to be 'part of the plan'.

It's a little scary, knowing that most of the world is actually expecting mass calamities and will not be as likely to stop it - of course it's always their God dishing out the woes.
And who can deny God? Why try? The heathens will burn and we will be secure.

I would almost say that it's planned - except I know of no group that's that patient or cunning...

Yes, I'm scared of anarchy, and know that it would not be a good thing.
And what happens when one country collapses and others are near the same fate? Play the scenario out in your head.
What happens when people get desperate, and most of the authority in the world is gone?
What happens when those nukes actually have a purpose - perhaps to threaten those who do not agree to certain terms?

No one should accept anarchy as if it is "part of the plan".
We have no plan.
And if there is a plan, I can guarantee you that it doesn't involve our well-being.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
No, I am not hoping for a complete global meltdown. I am hoping for a change in how we live with our planet though.

I don't understand why someone would wish for a complete meltdown, to do so is wishing for the deaths of many many people, and I live by a "Harm None" mentality.

Peace

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I just have to know and believe that these people hoping for a total collapse are not the norm. I know they're not, I just had to remind myself. In most ways ATS is not a slice of life in most ways it depicts the lunatic fringe. JMHO.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Why is this becoming a conflict between the "crazies" and the "lazies"??

And the two sides switch over and over. Whether you have answered Yes or No to the OP's original question, you can be a lazy or a crazy.

To those of you who said No,

you seem to be categorizing those who said Yes as either delusional, sociopaths, naive, and hungering for war and death and violence(CRAZY), or feeling so helpless in being able to do anything, and perhaps not wanting to be more active in making things better, totally bankrupt, or just not smart (LAZY). The word Chaos instills such an incredibly passionate repulsion in you to those who say they want it. You're taking it a little too far.

To those of you who said Yes,

you seem to be categorizing those who said No as either scared of what could be "positive" change, or happy with what they have, and although admit things could be better are generally in agreement that what they have is far better than anywhere else(CRAZY), or are convinced that the collapse is already here and is ongoing so why waste time hoping for chaos, and are "sheep", waiting for the slaughter(LAZY). You may want collapse and chaos in order to bring about change, but please be more clear that you are not endorsing Death and Destruction. You aren't taking it far enough.

I said yes. I haven't attacked anyone's argument who answered no, the above is what I have noticed in this thread. I want to make it clear where I stand: I want change. Collapse and chaos is one facilitator of change I support. I do not want death and destruction, but fully realize chaos may bring it. The means justify the ends, and I'm willing to sacrifice many things for this change to occur. I can see my self on both sides of this spectrum I have created. I'm only human. However, I said yes.

Those who answered no are making those who answered yes out to be Wrong. Those who answered yes need to do a better job of explaining that they want change, with collapse and chaos as a means of change, not the end result.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by johnny2127

I'm hoping the US federal government will come to an orderly and unchaotic dramatic downsizing to the original intention of 50 separate nations under one constitution.

I'm hoping power will be transferred from megalothic empires like the US federal government and the EU, back to communities, states, and provinces where at the very least the government insanity can be contained.

I'm hoping we can start using honest money backed by a basket of commodities so we don't have to worry about severe depressions and literally starving to death in a wealthy country.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I do not want total collapse, as that is not necessary to fix our (U.S.) issues. Yes we have some sectors of our government that are corrupt, yes we get our military involved where it shouldn't be, yes our monetary system is garbage ..... the list could go on. But, does that mean we should wish for millions to suffer to "fix"it?

I would guess that the "Rambo", "I'll make it just fine, I can hunt and fish" mentality is more prevalent in the younger people here. I do want aspects of our country to be different but can find other ways to try and fix it without wishing death and despair upon millions.

Some of you really believe that if this country were to collapse that whatever was left of the government would just let you play Madmax on the streets? Hell no, there would be a massive power grab and more people dying just to see who's left at the end of the day.

If you're that disgusted in your country do something about it instead of wishing death and destruction upon it. And if you're so resourceful and anti-goverment, there are planes leaving for others countries daily. Grab your animal traps and knives and go live in the woods somewhere else.

Seems you should be using your energy to find constructive ways to help others around you, not wishing for their death.

J

[edit on 3/10/2009 by DelMar]

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I do, only if the pyramid gets flipped upside down as a result. I do not want chaos as planned by the TPTB, and I do not want TPTB to remain TPTB.

In short, I am for it if it will right all of the wrongs that we've created.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I'm for the collapse of the government. Though people would die, the majority will be able to protect itself. Look out for places that are filled with people fighting eachother. Other than that society can function without money. And if you think about, food won't be a problem if you can imagine I keep the lights running you do the water treatment and the kids make the fries. People can pretty much co-exist, and with no money, everything is free.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Absolutely not. In fact, I would like media to stop reporting the negative aspects of the current economic crisis. That would give the financial sector a chance to sort through the so called "toxic" assets and figure out the best strategy for the future. Letting it collapse would only fuel a worldwide depression which nobody wants.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
What if this is just a staged collapse? Maybe the global powers are pushing us in this direction, and or betting on it...
Wouldn't that make it easier to push new laws and or drastic changes on us?
(Fear Based Control?)

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by telepathicjon
I'm for the collapse of the government. Though people would die, the majority will be able to protect itself. Look out for places that are filled with people fighting eachother. Other than that society can function without money. And if you think about, food won't be a problem if you can imagine I keep the lights running you do the water treatment and the kids make the fries. People can pretty much co-exist, and with no money, everything is free.

Sorry not singling you out as there are lots of these same sentiments, but do any of you people have a grandma and grandpa?? Do you care what will happen to them when their measly social security checks don't come anymore? Is your grandpa able to forage for food, is your grandma able to stand in soup lines for 8 hours? My grandpa has alzheimers and my grandma has bad circulation/bad heart/bad you name it.

Never mind, don't even answer that.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I agree with you to a point but I also think pain is the best teacher. Only after we have suffered enough will we as a world change in the correct direction. Only after we have experienced the pain necessary will we realize how to act in the future.

We forget the past and only after enough pain and experience has been instilled into us will we remember what we have forgotten and continue to forget. Only after we wreck our bike do we learn how to not do so.

This collapse and current state is necessary so in the future it will be remembered. So in the future we will never allow it again because of the pain associated with it. From our mistakes we forge the future.

I want the collapse, yes.
It is necessary.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
No, of course not. That would be the same as giving up. The lazy and weak persons way out. It will take far more strength and courage to save this country peacefully within the system than to just give up and let it collapse.

I view this like suicide in that suicide is the cowards way out.

Another analogy would be sandbagging for a flood. The cowards are those who throw their hands up and run after a weak attempt to save their house with a few sandbags. Then they get tired and it gets hard and they give up and their house is flooded.

The brave man is the one who stays and keeps piling those sandbags after his shoulders ache and hope fades and will not give up no matter what. When it is over his home is the only one left standing and the weaklings who gave up and let the river have its way have to start over while he reaps the rewards of his courage in standing his ground.

We may feel overwhelmed by this flood, but if we work together and keep piling those sandbags, in the end we will win. The icing on the cake is that when we win, we will still have the strong foundation under our home built by those who stood their ground before us.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I want it to happen. A post-apocalyptic world seems intriguing. But I guess that's just my video game playing and movie watching side speaking. Honestly though, such catastrophes would be horrible, deadly, gruesome. However, I partly believe in purges. It has to happen so that population will be controlled as well as governments. In fact, a huge global catastrophe may be the only thing that will save humanity as a whole, of course the catastrophe would have to spare many living creatures (I don't want human extinction and definitely don't want animals to die out). It seems that only catastrophes bring out the best in people which may ultimately be the only thing that will save people. (Not speaking from any religious viewpoint). And I do realize that I would have to be one who is in danger of dying in such a catastrophe, I'm not saying "Haha I want everyone to die except me." Whatever happens, happens. I just hope that it is not necessary though. Hopefully people will save themselves and no one will have to die from it.

(I know I'm speaking about death, war, apocalyptic stuff but this can be applied to whatever else)

[edit on 10-3-2009 by Phoenix521]

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join