It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you HOPING for a complete collapse and chaos to happen?

page: 21
<< 18  19  20   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by johnny2127

I want true change, a move toward smaller government and the collapse of massive industry.

That's what I want, and I don't think it'll happen until the $ collapses.

I want to live in a smaller community, where people work together to sustain themselves in tune with their environment.

I would rather see this happen due to the collapse of the $ and for society to move away from a monetary system and the current focus on personal gain, than have this happen due to catastrophic war.

The current path we are all on will lead to such a war. It would be better to see the $ collapse now and see people take the initiative in forming communities, than to see things continue as they are now and develop into global war to secure the dominance of one nation.

I don't think the opinions of people here suggest that we are all in love with the idea of chaos and destruction (though some are intent just to scare others), most suggest things because we know a change is needed to move civilization in the right direction.

Globalisation has damaged us all (the protesters twenty years ago were spot on), and it absolutely has to end.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreenBicMan
1. No more electricity

Generate your own through solar and wind power.

2. No more gasoline

Why would you need it if your job no longer exists?

3. No more store to buy groceries

Grow your own.

4. No more internet (that would kill some of you im guessing)

No, it wouldn't "kill" most people

5. No more house (its not yours anymore)

So "they" are going to seize all homes across the nation? What with? What are they going to do with them?
Even if you are caught at the start of this and find yourself evicted, thousands of communities will spring up on land seized from corporations and government.

Pretty ignorant people on here sometimes it seems

Couldn't agree more.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I wish somthing would happen soon. Im tired of the gov. I want things to be like the old western movies. come and go when you please, and do what you want. Lets get this party started. Just how to go about it and still be around afterwords is the question. Guess well have to wait for the gov to do it for us.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I think its very hard to root for what would kill millions and would cause severe misery. But change does need to happen. I am just praying that the price is not millions or even thousands of lives....

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
No I personally don't want to see society collapse.

I saw first hand what happens to a nation when you remove all semblance of control from it. It makes a third world country quickly turn into a fourth world one.

In Panama, hours after Operation Just (be)Cause, there was wide scale looting, rioting and the bulk of that society walked around in new shoes.
(Stolen ones.)

Then naturally, with most of the stores looted, apart from those 'protected' by the owners, usually with extreme violence; there was no food for a few days. Then things tended to happen when us soldiers we not around. (Martial law only works if/while your soldiers are standing there FYI.) No few stabbings 'happened' as people settled scores, as they could get away with it due to no police to say otherwise. I do not doubt rapes happened either.

Then there was no one to haul the trash, it started getting to be as tall as the Berlin Wall in some places. Sewage lines broke, so there was open sewage washing out onto the streets in some places. Already poor living conditions got worse, much worse.

And this was while people still had power and radios etc!

No I don't want a collapse, mainly because it is good to have:

Mail, not so much the junk mail, but mail.
Flush toilets that work.
Bakeries & fresh bread.
Refrigerator and cold beer.
Lights and all my other electronic gear.
Fresh water when I turn a tap.
Forums, Google facts and information on the Internet.
Flipping open my cell phone and being able to talk with my family across country. (Or other phones.)
Having medicines for when you are sick or injured.
Heat in the winter and cool air in the summer.
Being able to get in a car and drive to distant places.
New Movies!
New Books!
New Music!
Radio, News, TV, Satellite feeds!

It's not to say I could not survive without them, if I had to, but I rather like the amenities we have now.

And while I can make bread, beer, purify water, look up herbal cures and what not, hunt, fish, so on and such forth. I don't want to become the bastard I would have to become in order to keep my family and friends safe.

Lastly, its ok to want change, but only a fool wants to do so by starting the fire in their own house.

M.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

hee hee... Good post....Facts, common sense, and a little humor!!!

Star 4 you!!!

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 04:59 AM
link   
I'd like to say that I don't wish for chaos, and strife, and everything that goes with it, but I do. I've always supported nonviolent methods of change, but I've grown disillusioned towards that method's effectiveness in today's world. I believe that chaos may be necessary. I think most people do, whether they'd admit to it or not. I wish for chaos because, to put it bluntly, it just seems more real than the world we currently live in. The world is not right, and I think everyone knows it on some level or another. It's all just an illusion. Money, governments, all of it. It's a scenario that was imagined for the sake of our own vanity as a species. All each of us have, really have, is life. An accumulation of experiences that culminate in our death. No matter what your religion, your life will never happen again. And yet we waste our lives adhering to rules established by others. We spend it worrying about trivial material gain and illusory laws. And then it's over. I wish for chaos because honestly, it feels like a better, more meaningful way of living.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   
All the media, the hype, the threads, the interviews, are like spell casting to try and get us to pull it in with out minds.

I don't allow slavers to exist on this planet, but keep seeing myself grabbing them by their lizzie tails, twirling them around and around, and flinging them into a huge mothership filled with cosmic counselors for the criminally insane.

I picture everyone waking up, everyone healed, using reverse sine, and radiation/pollution eating bacteria, to clean the oceans and land, everyone having land and food, all living in peace, helping each other, no slums, no inner cities, no starving, no leaders, the people begin to solve problems and realize they are they are the ones they've been waiting for, and forming their own inclusive of all counsels, preserving both Freedoms, and Equality of all.

No meltdowns, upgrade instead. Abundance and clean energy. Eutopia, and earth goes up to the next floor of the heavens.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   
no collapse just change ...people working together as one well oiled machine...if we all worked together we could weed out the few that clog the machine from working properly and prosper quite well

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
There is a part of me that was raised as a perfect American child. There was this message instilled in us that if we work hard enough and long enough that we can achieve anythings we want in this country and we can be and do whatever we want that makes us happy and gets us by.

I did believe in that "American Dream" for so long. But then in 2008 when I saw the "dream" of millions of people come to a halt I realized then and there that whatever was left of that idyllic pipe dream was long gone. This wasn't America from the 50's anymore. When I get old enough there is going to be no social security nest egg waiting for me. So I ask myself, what is the point of subscribing to the system at all? It isn't about achieving your dreams anymore - it is about getting by and surviving.

I had a dream of doing my job I had planned since school, getting a wife, having a family, and living behind that white picket fence but to anyone who takes a look at this country and the world anymore, they quickly realized that all the white picket fences are gone and replaced with malls, banks, wars, and the starving.

Do I want chaos? No. I want change. I believe that the only way this world is going to change is through force or the lower class rising against the leaders. It will be chaos, but that is the nature of the beast.

Not only that but people in general have become a cancer on this planet. Morals and ethics have devolved into nothingness in the current era. Kids being raised today would murder their neighbor for a new iPhone and would point and laugh at the elderly before holding the door for them. That is the way the world has gone and while there are a small minority of people that "carry the fire" within them to this day, most of the world is long gone. They need a wake up call. A culling. Something to remind them that life isn't just a reality show with you as the star. It IS reality. And reality isn't all that nice.

I can dream and my new American Dream is just that: the event that will cause this world to change, and if it has to, wipe out the ignorant who refuse to see past their own noses.

It may be cruel, but it is what needs to happen.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by johnny2127

In moments when I want to feel truly free, yes. That's about as honest of an answer I can give. Upon further thought I have seen the movie The Road and if it becomes anything like that scenario then no. That's a much more honest answer.
edit on 25-9-2013 by queenofsheba because: I can change my mind

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I don't want a collapse to happen but clearly something is very bad and going wrong if you pay attention to politics and I think the path to a collapse is going to happen anyways.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I really do believe do believe that some people wants for something to happen. I have no idea why these people think in such a way but it does exist.

top topics

<< 18  19  20   >>

join