It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien helped build Puma Punku

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Why you have not heard much on this for awhile, well mostly because the carbon dating results are shocking. The many temples in Bolivia are being carefully measured right now. The secret to the movement of the stones was solved quite some time ago ((early 90’s) but its the sourse of the energy that is baffling. Perhaps as baffling is how several civilations thouands of miles apart had the same technology. Example: Stonehedge block temples , Egyption, Tiwanaku or in Cambolia. All measure time/space in the same way using sun/moon as a starting point. Just recently discovered the Hopi Indians also had the same type sun/moon time piece temples. Some critics call it worship of the sun gods etc. But that nonsense slipped away by the serious minded in the 90’s when it was shown how to move the blocks. There is a correlation in understanding space/time and the using of sound energy to move such blocks. The more dense the better it moves. Example, photographs taken by researchers are put on Russian internet< I think you must be part of Pocia to receive it.< In English you can use Outlook but it will come back in Russian. Or you can go to web sites like u tube and you can see several experiments on how the stones moved. One holds a papyrus sheet of paper and a tuning fork to move a tiny cubic of diorite, another one shows Nasa experiment using three speakers on a ping pong ball to float in the air. It is now demonstrated that the Great Pyramid of Khufu did not take the twenty years as first claimed by Dr Zahi Hawass when the little town of artists where found. As that would be a block in place every 7 seconds for twenty years, that’s not even reasonable. They were the artists for the halls and walls not the builders. But these blocks were moved in the same way, sorry folks, no aliens. But the date this happened is off the charts.
Now the query is how did they concentrate this energy and how did all the people know of it all over the world.
One note here, it is important to ask who wrote the information and what background did they come from when giving these recent dates of construction. Example and only example: one religious scholar, teaches in a university in El Alto surveyed the above temple structures and claimed it could not be more than 900 years old, when asked how that date was picked, there was no answer. But his church had decided that all the people at that time had to be savages. If you received your education from a Christian college where you were taught that everything was made in 6,000 years it will be very hard to accept or acknowledge that the Bolivia or Cambodia temples are over 10,000 years old. Look at the shock to society when the “new” world was rediscovered. That was not in the religious books of the time either. Private email and I will forward the links.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Ignorance Denied

no aliens.
It is now known how they scribed the Hammurabi’s Code on the diorite, with a diorite rod and tuning thimble, there is a photo showing how it is done on Yandex. A research team with laser levels and using polarized grid photographs. They know how the blocks moved but the baffle is where the energy source is. You can use outlook to email them. It is in Russian but you can watch the show. And how they moved the blocks is also there, showing an experiment with a sheet of papyrus paper and a tuning fork with a tiny block of diorite. The harder the stone the more it resonates, the easier it moves. Check detailed close up photos of the grinding marks on quarry stone, clearly showing the lathe marks and the cutting tips. Older research photo’s did not get close enough and assumed it was unscratched. The block movement was demonstrated in early 90's. Not sure but you may have to join the Pocia to have access to all the photo’s. Sorry, so far no aliens
also, check the link for Nasa experiment using three speakers and making a ball float in the air.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I agree with the previous poster. Advanced technology like using sound to move blocks is much more likely and plausible to me than aliens. The fact that human beings are still using oil and gas for a lot of things is just amazing. There is technology out there being ultimately supressed.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by twinomad
If you received your education from a Christian college where you were taught that everything was made in 6,000 years it will be very hard to accept or acknowledge that the Bolivia or Cambodia temples are over 10,000 years old.

Sorry, but there is extensive proof Angkor Wat temples were built in the 12th century. They're not 10,000 years old.

As for aliens building Puma Punku. While it's impressive stone work, doesn't mean humans didn't do it. And they most certainly did build Puma Punku.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Once again we face the age old problem. "Who built this?", "how old is that?", "How did they do it?", "Why did they do it?"...the list can go on endlessly.

Carbon dating has its limitations but it can give an answer that serves as a good guideline. If a bone is dated to be 5000 years it most likely IS 5000 years and it sure cannot be 50000 years old or even 10000 (assuming of course that the one who took the measurements was not drunk or half asleep). Stone cannot be directly dated through carbon dating so other techniques are employed (dating artifacts/bones found near or, better, under the site can give a limit to how old something made of stone is), one of which is precession. Beware though, precession is a dangerous "path". Most alignments claimed are periodical occurrences so, true to form, they appear time and time again. If the "dating" of Puma Punku to 14000 years ago is based solely on some, fabricated or not, alignment, what keeps us from claiming that it is far far older than 14000 years? I mean, take the supposed alignment, how often does it occur? Every 20000 years? 50000 years? Whatever. Now, how can we be sure that whoever made this, for the purpose we assume (the alignment) used the LAST alignment before today? Why not the 5th before the last? Why not the 1000th? If your logic in assuming precession is the ONLY sure way to date stone structures is not flawed then I claim that Puma Punku is 50 million years old - prove me wrong!!

Remember, if you consider ALL "accepted" science as the mother of all evils, then you are NOT allowed to use ANY of its findings. No "but humans were not evolved back then", no "but that place was under water back then", no nothing that comes from "accepted science" - only 'out of the box thinking', the crazier the better ;p

Why aliens? This one is simple, it derives from the egotistical and arrogant view of ourselves and our place in history of humankind. Think about it for a moment, if ancient, "primitive", uneducated, technologically challenged (to say the least) people were able to do this, which *I*, superhuman, all-capable, advanced-beyond-belief, refined and educated I, cannot fathom a way to do it then *I* am not so "great" as I think, not so 'cool', not so capable! Oops! there goes my bubble, big bad bully burst it. That's why we NEED aliens, we are not that stupid, it is beyond our capability as a species, right? Right, now go watch TV like a good little kid, there's a special on how the aliens taught us how to walk upright.

Many people posted about the ingenuity of humankind, many gave plausible explanations of how this was done (this=Puma Punku), many shot down crazy idea after crazy idea. Kudos for those people, they keep the flame of hope in human intelligence alive.

P.S. To Harte: Science may have an agenda, its research may be directed where this agenda dictates and some issues may never be investigated but there is one point where no agenda can hold any water. The findings of science are subject to no agenda (not the manipulation of said findings, what you do with them, if you hash them down or not, etc. The ACTUAL findings cannot be influenced by any agenda - if it is science it can be tested, reproduced, studied and, above all, verified)

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by riggs2099
Please... if a highly advanced species decided to build something for us then why would they use rocks. I am sure they would be able to do a lot better. This is just reaching and that is all it is.

What's better than stone? Would you like them to have used, balsa wood and duct tape instead?

Is it you don't believe in off-world intelligence or that they never mingled with man? Which one?

And what makes you think they built it for 'us'? Maybe we WERE more advanced back then and we built these places (Easter Island, Stonehenge, etc) in tribute to them using their technology. The fact remains, we don't know anything about these places. We only speculate and when a speculation gels right with one, one tends to embrace it. I for one, believe in ETs. In fact, I believe we're a by-product of them but that's another thread.

In summation; if 'they' didn't build this and 'advanced man' didn't build it than which tribe of cavemen would you care to credit?

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   

In summation; if 'they' didn't build this and 'advanced man' didn't build it than which tribe of cavemen would you care to credit?

I think the credit by (shudder shudder!) accepted archeology goes to the Aymara Indians. Just because Daeniken doesn't think so doesn't make him right. Just because Tsoukalos is, among other things, terrible at math and the only thing he is good at is to raise his eyebrows in alleged wonder at each and almost every human feat of ingenuity of old times doesn't mean ET did this (prior or after he phoned home, we do not know yet!).

I too would "buy" the ET hypothesis if Puma Punku stood on the Moon, until it does I tip my hat to the humans who built it, roughly 2000 years ago (that's TWO thousand, NOT twenty!!)

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by UnitedSatesofFreemasons

I am looking up diorite. The rock was hard to work and scarce on earth limited to a few locations as if it was brought here.

I don't have time to read any of the thread yet but wanted flag it so I can get back to it. Here is a little bit from wiki about diorite I found interesting. en.wikipedia.org...

[Diorite is a relatively rare rock; source localities include Sondrio, Italy; Thuringia and Saxony in Germany; Finland; Romania; Northeastern Turkey; central Sweden; Scotland; the Darrans range of New Zealand; the Andes Mountains; the Isle of Guernsey; Basin and Range province and Minnesota in the USA; Idahet in Egypt

An orbicular variety found in Corsica is called corsite.
Ancient Egypt, ca. 3600 BC;

Diorite is an extremely hard rock, making it difficult to carve and work with.

It is so hard that ancient civilizations (such as Ancient Egypt) used diorite balls to work granite.
Its hardness, however, also allows it to be worked finely and take a high polish, and to provide a durable finished work.

The use of diorite in art was most important among very early Middle Eastern civilizations such as Ancient Egypt, Babylonia, Assyria and Sumer. It was so valued in early times that the first great Mesopotamian empire -- the Empire of Sargon of Akkad -- listed the taking of diorite as a purpose of military expeditions.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
If you look at :40 and 1:20 into the video you'll see irregular grooves in the otherwise perfectly cut blocks. Those are connecting pins where molten metal had been poured to keep the blocks together. These guys were in the iron age, not stone age. That level of development at that point in time simply defies logic. Either the site is the best hoax ever or it's the best proof we have of alien contact/involvement.

[edit on 17-3-2010 by Crito]

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
450 tonnes is heavy, maybe we did use the tools describe in this thread to cut them, but 450 tonnes is heavy, plus no trees to roll them and that, now someone would say they imported some wood ect, but still it's hard to belive they rolled this weight all the way up there.

I don't think aliens made it but i think they helped them to make it, they did leave a message saying " sky gods made this" but i don't think they made it , they assisted.

Who knows i don't know 50/50 skeptics can't prove it was built by us, belivers can't prove it was built by them.

It's hard to grasp to be honest.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
i kind of think these are hints to atlantis or lemuria or some other ancient civilization.

There is also the belief that a white man with a beard called viracocha came from the sea and helped them. Who could the white men have been that gave them help and knowledge on farming, building and life lessons?

I believe they were people from atlantis or lemuria trading with that city or establishing there after their home was ruined, or they just wanted to leave their home and start somewhere new, like the europeans coming to america.

I think this is more plausible than aliens. I think Antarctica will hold the real secrets to everything though, there are a lot of weird things there.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maegnas
P.S. To Harte: Science may have an agenda, its research may be directed where this agenda dictates and some issues may never be investigated but there is one point where no agenda can hold any water. The findings of science are subject to no agenda (not the manipulation of said findings, what you do with them, if you hash them down or not, etc. The ACTUAL findings cannot be influenced by any agenda - if it is science it can be tested, reproduced, studied and, above all, verified)

Maegnas,
When I said the following:

Originally posted by Harte

Originally posted by winston_boy
Carbon dating is based on some very dubious assumptions and mainstream science comes with its own agenda.

The former is certainly not true, but the latter, illustrative of any human endeavor, is an obvious statement of fact.

I meant it in the context in which I placed it - science being a human endeavor, some sort of agenda is to be expected.

After all, who can deny that "finding out the facts" can be construed as an agenda item?

No, you and I agree more often than not. The post you referred to (and I quoted from) was me trying not to stir up too much animosity. IOW, I was trying to not say what I really thought about what the poster I was responding to said.

You know - the "hoightiness" (sic) I was recently chastised for by another poster a few days ago.

I probably shouldn't have stepped outside of my comfort zone. Didn't mean to imply anything out of the ordinary about Science itself, nor about the way it is conducted.

Harte

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Harte,

English is not my mother tongue so I often misunderstand things. True, science can have an agenda, it did in the past and does still, on many occasions. What I wanted to say is that whatever the agenda, it cannot dictate what the end result will be (let's say we are trying to prove the existence of a civilization at a specific point in time, that cannot dictate what the carbon dating will show).

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I think we're going to end up finding our ancestors were a tad more advanced than we thought they were, not that aliens came here and plopped stones up for us for some reason.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Here is a really way out theory. Suppose God created man with a lot more intelligence than he has now? But man kept getting in trouble with God. First the fruit and then all those contiunually evil thoughts. But between Eden and the Flood, who knows what transpired? Pangea does get Biblical support in that the Earth was divided in the days of Enoch, meaning it was all one before that. So if preflood man was really skilled, built cities, created musical instruments, did metallurgy, etc and could have spread to placed now far distant easily, then your mystery is solved. After the flood, many of their cities and artifacts survived.
Are we the most advanced civilization yet? We have a few really smart people and a lot who know which button to push. I love my computer, but how many people really could get the machine code to interface with the letters we all know and love?
An then the character level of all us highly advanced people is degenerating. All you mediators should go "OM" a Chicgo ghetto or better yet the capitol this afternoon.
Cynical - only of human nature. I'm looking for the 'uppertaker', not the undertaker.
There were many advanced civilizations that perished in the flood. Think what would happen if your enemies could get together and hurl even modest boulders at all the folks they disagreed with?? Scary thought

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Wow, people really need to research before they post.

Puma Punku was dated between 10-15000 years old. Though, carbon dating can be off, it's not going to be more than 5 thousand years. SO, given this, then the tribes that lived between 5-15000 years ago in that region had no written record. No way to communicate their ideas, aside from spoken language, yet they managed to build these giant diorite structures.

Sure, granted they can be cut into with copper saws... over the span of a few months, BUT can they be drilled into? NOPE, sorry. Copper would heat up and melt before they got more than half an inch into the stone. Granite is such a naturally dense material, and diorite being the hardest form of granite, is not going to be hand drilled by anything these people just coming out of the stone age would have had.

To be able to carve these shapes into these stones and NOT leave some signature just makes no sense. Atleast a picture of your (the people who built Puma Punku) God or local ruler, would have been enough... but nothing at all. The legends for Tiuancho states the the area was build BEFORE the original tribes settled the area, so who was there before them? Why not aliens?

The population in itself would not have had enough people to have moved the massive blocks, but we seem to believe they could have without some intelligent being's help. I highly doubt it, unless God himself, imbuned these people with massive amounts of hurculean strength.

Please, understand all the concepts of building this site, and not just the notion of the size of the blocks (even though they are huge) into consideration. Otherwise, you're only adding to more babble to block out and push aside.

On a side note, I sooooo can't wait to go on my first trip to Puma Punku. I want to see this site hands-on. I hope I can go for my disertation research study!

[edit on 28-4-2010 by Seitler]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seitler
Wow, people really need to research before they post.

Puma Punku was dated between 10-15000 years old. Though, carbon dating can be off, it's not going to be more than 5 thousand years.

Sorry, but your "date" for Puma Punku is from Posnanski, who himself based it on archaeoastronomy and has since been shown to have been wrong.

Puma Punku dates to the Common Era. In fact, it was constructed after 500 AD.

Sure, granted they can be cut into with copper saws... over the span of a few months, BUT can they be drilled into? NOPE, sorry. Copper would heat up and melt before they got more than half an inch into the stone. Granite is such a naturally dense material, and diorite being the hardest form of granite, is not going to be hand drilled by anything these people just coming out of the stone age would have had.

We just witnessed a guy on the History Channel drill a hole, by hand, in a granite slab using a copper tube and some sand.
Please make some effort to discover a few facts about a subject before you post on it. In other words, please take your own advice.

At any rate, most of the stones at Puma Punku are red sandstone, not granite. In fact, there is no granite (or diorite) there. The stones that aren't sandstone are andesite.

Speaking of diorite, the Egyptians carved diorite into beautiful urns (and many other things) that are excellent works of art. And this was 2500 years before anyone started on Puma Punka.

Harte

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by mtaftm
Who knows i don't know 50/50 skeptics can't prove it was built by us, belivers can't prove it was built by them.

Until somebody can definitively prove that there even is a "them," it makes a little more sense to suppose "we" did it. I mean, if we're going to attribute things to hypothetical creatures, we can just say that leprechauns built it and call it a day. Prove me wrong!

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I saw we put the puppy back together (as much as possible). Lets see what developes/appears or otherwise becomes apparent (if anything).

If our past humans buddies could do it-somehow, I am sure we can. It is like the pryamids-from what I saw.

Maybe something is buried under the tumbled rocks that will help understand all? Maybe?

[edit on 4/29/2010 by anon72]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by TwoPhish
What's better than stone? Would you like them to have used, balsa wood and duct tape instead?

Well, plastic would have been good. Also high-density glass. Those materials would have certainly lasted a long time while at the same time providing undeniable proof of their visitations.

Unless the aliens weren't capable of making long-lasting synthetic or composite materials. And they flew to Earth in stone rocket ships.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join