It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien helped build Puma Punku

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
First off, if it has been posted before, i am sorry but we need a refresher. For since the year and half I have been on here i have not seen anything about Puma Punku, and in my opinion, they are the most important Megaliths ever, by a far margin.

Puma Punku is now understood to be at least 14,000 years old, essentially, right out of the stone age. "Cave men" were able to build the most sophisticated stone work the world has ever seen. 200-450 ton stones, made from Diorit, which is a material that can only be cut with diamonds. Even more impressive is the exact cuts they made in the stones, 1 cm deep, not one millimeter off from edge to edge. They also cut stone in such a perfect way so that they would be assembled like Legos, interlocking for premium strength. There are no trees around, so the crap they feed us about stones being rolled does not fit here. Some now speculate if they used some kind of metal to hold the stones together when in place. Not that the interlocking system wouldn't be enough...

here let them speak for me.

Puma Punku is a set of ruins in Bolivia, not well known outside of archaeologist and UFOlogist circles. Why have these stones attracted two seemingly opposite groups?

But the real mystery lies in how Puma Punku was built. Many of the blocks weighed 200 tons, with one even weighing in at 450 tons! How were these blocks brought to a plateau 13,000 feet high? While Stonehenge’s method is often explained as stones being rolled on tree trunks, the tribe would have had no access to trees on the barren plateau. The wheel had supposedly not been invented by that point, leaving archaeologists without an explanation.

Once the stones were brought to the site, they were cut so precisely that they could be fit together like puzzle pieces.

Some of these stones have perfectly straight grooves in them that are only 1 cm deep. Note the sets of equi-distant holes that were drilled in the picture below. If the stones are made of the hardest granite there is, how could the tribe have possible put these markings into the stones? What tools did they have available to them, and where did they come from?

Link

Puma Punku, truly startles the imagination. It seems to be the remains of a great wharf (for Lake Titicaca long ago lapped upon the shores of Tiahuanaco) and a massive, four-part, now collapsed building. One of the construction blocks from which the pier was fashioned weighs an estimated 440 tons (equal to nearly 600 full-size cars) and several other blocks laying about are between 100 and 150 tons. The quarry for these giant blocks was on the western shore of Titicaca, some ten miles away. There is no known technology in all the ancient world that could have transported stones of such massive weight and size. The Andean people of 500 AD, with their simple reed boats, could certainly not have moved them. Even today, with all the modern advances in engineering and mathematics, we could not fashion such a structure.

How were these monstrous stones moved and what was their purpose?
Posnansky suggested an answer, based upon his studies of the astronomical alignments of Tiahuanaco, but that answer is considered so controversial, even impossible, that it has been ignored and censured by the scientific community for fifty years.

link

Keystone cuts in massive blocks weighing up to 200 tons. What pains were taken to secure these megaliths, as protectors of the sky temples, from ruin? At Puma Punku and Ollantaytambu T-shapes have been cut into the giant stone blocks at the point where one block corners another. Obviously a metal clasp was once fashioned at these points to hold the stone blocks together. Again, it could not have been a gold clasp, it would have been to weak to have any effect, (and we know he megalith builders were effective!) and it could not have been put there by the Incas at some later date.
link

Here is a youtube video so you get an idea of the lay out.

Now they say that it was destroyed after WW1 to hide its meaning. Some say it was the Gods them selves that came down and tore it apart, since they were much larger them humans. Either way it worked, There is so limited information on Puma Punku, and only in the past couple of years people have been really getting this ancient site out in the open.

My opinion, humans built it, but we were told how too, and we told for what reasons to build it. I think that this site is the answer to all of our questions about ancient aliens. 14k years ago this was put up, something that we couldn't do today...

[edit on 9-3-2009 by UnitedSatesofFreemasons]

Mod Note: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on Tue Mar 10 2009 by Jbird]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
here it is in google earth
link

no hot shots here but just want you to have a full view.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I did find Puma mentioned before, but yes it needs a refresher...

Yes, they are quite remarkable...

[edit on 3/9/2009 by chapter29]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Umm maybe humans were a little more advanced than once thought. Always the aliens..everything with you people is alien made...
. Have a little more faith in your own species.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by riggs2099
Umm maybe humans were a little more advanced than once thought. Always the aliens..everything with you people is alien made...

More advanced then we are now? Come on. Were talking serious advanced people that would of pulled this off. You need some sort of diamond tipped drill just cut the stones. On top of the already impressive amount of geometry needed to have each stone put in place. And if it was us, then why not leave a note saying us humans did it. Instead they said the Sky gods did it. Sorry buddy, but i can't fathom that anyone with our DNA was able get the credit for this one. I do agree, aliens always get the credit, but thats because God lost his rank.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
double post My bad

second line

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Please... if a highly advanced species decided to build something for us then why would they use rocks. I am sure they would be able to do a lot better. This is just reaching and that is all it is.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Please... if a highly advanced species decided to build something for us then why would they use rocks. I am sure they would be able to do a lot better. This is just reaching and that is all it is.

? What do you suggest they use, import? The rock they choose is the strongest here... And reaching, i think reaching is the arrogance that us humans are the creators of all wonders. Why is so far off that some out side hand aided in the construction. I mean all over the world they carved the Sun Gods into the temples. Not Earth gods, moon, mountain, water, wind, fire, venus- The Sun gods, and EVERYONE said it was them by name. I will say again in different language, i respect your view, its a contributing factor for a intelligent answer, but i do not think in This case it fits. Maybe some other wonders, but this is the first, and the biggest secret. Why won't anyone talk about it. I think we would give our selves the credit, even if it was past civilizations. But we don't on this one, we just simply don't talk about it.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   

if i was to just read the post,,,,and not have seen this on the history channel last nite,,,,, i may have responded the same as the above poster

but,,, seeing that show and how they explained it made a very good case

and add,,,, the fact they didn't write,,,,or leave writings at the time of the building,,,,,,,,,, something that big and immense would have required much forethought and preplanning

plus the way the blocks interlocked was mindboggling

and the fact no trees were for huge distances to use as "rollers" for the stones

some alien or cosmic force seems a more plausible explanation,,,,than people who didn't write did that

while some dumb youtube hoax will go on 10 pages,,,, this probably won't and may be the best evidence to date of extra terrestial visitation

what was the name of the show last nite on history channel that covered this????

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Yes it is quite a fascinating site. My opinion is that this site was built by the "aliens" which were actually the angels that were cast out of their former dwelling place by God.

It was torn apart, I would guess again by God because they were enslaving His master creation-->humans and messing with our DNA to create giants, which, with some estimated to have been up to 13 feet tall, might have been able to greatly help move those huge blocks.

But more than likely, this was built by the former right hand angel of God-->Lucifer, and his followers.

Too many things make perfect sense for it to have been built by any other group of beings, not the least of which is even today we couldn't duplicate it.

This is of course far out to many who have not been witness to God's power, which I have...so it is no stretch in the least for me to accept this theory which makes perfect sense.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I love to think that the "ancient astronauts" theory was responsible for the creation of the mega-structures at Puma Punku. However, the written records of that time are totally nonexistent. It would be just as possible for the people at that time were simply far more advanced than we had previously thought. We constantly assume that early civilizations were primitive because of what we see in Ancient Greece and Rome. We may want to look to the time before 1200BC (even in the Mediterranean) and reassess our ideas about humanity. Sure, it could have been aliens, but there is no necessity.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by riggs2099

Rocks? You think rocks are just useless lumps? Rocks are energy in themselves. What do you think steel is made of? INGREDIENTS OF STEEL. Iron Ore. Iron ore is a rock that contains iron combined with oxygen.

Everything in your whole life comes from this earth, what is so bad about a rock?

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by UnitedSatesofFreemasons

someone watched the ancient astronauts show.

sorry but aint buying it.

The temple at Pumapunku is impressive and shows a great deal of stone cutting skill.

It is made of diorite a very hard igneous rock.

But its no where near as hard as diamond, no where near.

Diorite was used by many ancient cultures for carving things where fine detail was required. And it polishes very well.

The code of Hamurabi is carved in a diorite pillar.

The egyptians carved in it as did all of the ancient middle eastern cultures.
It was used for cobble stones and to build castles.
the wikki says the akkadians went to war to aquire it.
None of those people had diamond tipped tools to work it.

there are several ways to make the straight grooves, one is to saw it with a copper saw. Just like the do in quarries today and have for thousads of years.
First you chisel a starter groove then
You take a flat bar of copper saw it back and forth with water and sand, small grains of aluminum oxide(quartz) will imbed in the copper bar and slowly and finely grind away the stone. Its time consuming and labor intensive.
drilling the holes is accomplished in the same manner
you have a copper rod that is the drill.
it is mounted to a wooden dowel, we'll call that the spindle. you build a wooden frame to support the spindle.
well say its like a table without a top, you have four legs connected by cross supports at the top and maybe the bottom.
there are 2 verticle boards on opposite sides of the frame that have a groove or slot running on center from top to bottom, a long groove like mortise.
On the bottom is a board, with stubs on the ends that fit tightly in the grooves, has a hole in its center that guides the spindle.
on the top is another board that has maybe has a dished piece of stone mounted in the center, this is the thrust bearing for the spindle.
it has tenons that allow it to move freely up and down in the groove on the frame, and handles which a couple of big guys can put force down into the end of the spindle.

Add a bow to drive the spindle and you have a basic drill press that has been used for millenia.
As the bowmen drive the spindle back and forth the big guys push down on the spindle another adds sand and water and you drill a hole.
you put a stop peg in or use a gauge block and every hole is the same depth.

the indians of the area did use copper and bronze , copper is what they poured into the dogbone tie grooves.

The dog bones do intrigue me as that system shows up in other cultures separated by huge gulfs of time and distance.

there was very good documentary done at tiahuanaco with local stone masons, they showed the film maker how the stones were cut in the quarry and how they transported them and how they carved the stones. They were working with a small number of men, but they were able to move fairly large stones with ease. It was easy to see how if you multiplied the number of men you could move much larger stones.
And it was amazing how much work one carver could do.

Im almost certain that one of the many earthquakes that rock the andes brought the temple down.

the notion that tiahunaco and the surrounding structures are 14000 years old is ludicrous, they have been dated by sound scientific methods.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
you have taken a VERY long journey (think Columbus) and need to make shelter for yourself, do you use exotic metals or cheap durable and plenty, cut rocks in a "few" hours or smelt and pour in a few weeks/months..........................

No written records ( how long Does "paper" last )
( draw it in mud and let it dry ? )

it is functional and aesthetic ( it LOOKS good )
(a GIANT cubicle ?)

Obviously durable

Puma Punku is history, my opinion is of ALL of us,

"Those that forget history are destined to repeat it"

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
How about GIANTS?

This earth is very, very old. To use H.P. Blavatsky's argument: If an ancient massive reptile can have a smaller ancestor today, why cant we be the same result of shrinking over time?

Is our evolvement from giants down any less 'scientific' than our evolvement from monkeys up?

Good thread, snf.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   

If you knew any thing about the construction industry, you'd know that stone like Granite lasts far far longer than man made materials like concrete and bricks.
The only reason we use concrete etc.. today is because it by fay easier to work with and it's far cheaper.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by UnitedSatesofFreemasons

Great thread USF. S/F !!!

Now wait for the comments from scientific minds of the board when they'll come and tell you that there is nothing special about Puma Punku. Because can't be so. How can that be when civilization able to build structures big and strong enough started only 6.000 years ago? So academia tells us that this is the human civilization time line. Whatever goes beyond this time frame is a scam, pure imagination and fantasy. Who cares if the stone blocks were between 200-450 ton. Is important that diorite ain't that strong and hard and not only diamond can cut it. You see how it works? Change the direction you look at and the whole subject is diverted. Who cares that is 14k old. So what?

I wonder if you watched Ancient Aliens two days ago. I hope you did and I hope you focused in the moment when that loser from Skeptic Magazine the name of which seams like I can't never recall (somehow my brain refuses it) made few comments. What an insult and shame to the common sense and intelligence. But hey, this is the reality. This are the people who lead our scientific communities, academia, learning process and the rest. Welcome to the new society of the 20/21 century. Welcome to the new race of human beings...the one with a brain without a crinkle (smoother then a baby's butt).

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I dont understand the basis of stating the age of Tiwanaku or Puma Panku as 15,000 years...

What is the basis of these measurement?

I have read that Tiwanaku started as a small agricultiure oriented village around 1500 BCE. it doesnt mean that the folks then jumped up into action and constructed the majestic structures right from the start.

The settlement grew into urban propotions between 600 AD and 800 AD and collapsed around 1000 AD.

But does this still account for 15,000 years????

Please check this link for a good paper on the radiocarbon dating of Tiwanaku.
Dating the Tiwanaku State

again......15,000 year old??

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by riggs2099

Yes, I agree that we should have a little more faith in our own species, but
I'm not so sure I agree that we were a little more advanced than previously thought...I mean, they don't think the wheel had even been invented at the time! The wheel! The simplest device known to man, but they somehow figured out how to build that with 200-450 ton stones?!

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by shortywarn

if i was to just read the post,,,,and not have seen this on the history channel last nite,,,,, i may have responded the same as the above poster

but,,, seeing that show and how they explained it made a very good case

and add,,,, the fact they didn't write,,,,or leave writings at the time of the building,,,,,,,,,, something that big and immense would have required much forethought and preplanning

plus the way the blocks interlocked was mindboggling

and the fact no trees were for huge distances to use as "rollers" for the stones

some alien or cosmic force seems a more plausible explanation,,,,than people who didn't write did that

while some dumb youtube hoax will go on 10 pages,,,, this probably won't and may be the best evidence to date of extra terrestial visitation

what was the name of the show last nite on history channel that covered this????

----------------------------------------------------

I saw it too...it was called Ancient Aliens! I love how they had interviews with Erich von Daniken! Chariots of the Gods is brilliant. I think I memorized it by now I've read it so much. LOL!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join