It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien helped build Puma Punku

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by UnitedSatesofFreemasons
You need some sort of diamond tipped drill just cut the stones.

Then how was it destroyed after WWI?

Diamond bombs?

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I love reading about Puma Punku! The first time I ever heard of it was when I watched some show a while back on The History channel (it wasnt ancient aliens). I have noticed there isnt much out there on it and I have my own personal theories I guess you could say about this place. I am working on a thread about it with another member and Puma Punku fits right it! I will definitely link to your thread when its finished...
As for who built it, I am about 50/50 on it. Aliens maybe, humans maybe. With the way I see things and all these ancient structures and what I personally believe is that both built Puma Punku and possibly other monoliths like the Pyramids. If I tried to explain it I would make no sense right now
but when I finished my thread with another member it will hopefully make some sense. Thanks for bringing Puma Punku back on here! S&F for you!

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
There is a hieroglyph showing that that Puma Punku was build by "God from the sky". I think that is the biggest clue and pretty obvious one that Aliens helped built it.

I think Puma Punku purpose is for UFO landing site or guard station. 14K years ago the earth geography are not the same as today.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by paragon_fx
There is a hieroglyph showing that that Puma Punku was build by "God from the sky". I think that is the biggest clue and pretty obvious one that Aliens helped built it.

Could you please give us a link to the hieroglyph?
Maybe even describe what it looks like.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
First i thought was that we wen't back in time, sure it's well know that isn't possible at all because we don't know the theory how. But maybe we found a way, a very violent way that made it only work to go back for let's say 10,000 years so travel 2 years back doesn't work. And for example the pictures (hieroglyph's?-dunno what to call them) in the pyramid that shows a jet, helicopter and a submarine was a way to "hope" we understood that it was possible and since we can't meet they had to communicate with us that way. Now i'm just making stuff up as i type but if we now could go back in time 10,000 years why don't we so they'll end up in our time frame. Maybe something happend to earth in the future who knows, did we get a warning? And why didn't we for let's say engrave titan panels and type: we we're here tards!! Maybe has to do with the actual time travel limitations and we use that we had when we arrived back in time, (example, can't bring tools and accessories) not very intelligent life that would work freely for ya since we are so superior and give them stuff (knowledge). Also, why didn't we stay for long, travel limitations maybe or simply future humans didn't wanna stay for more than 20 years as we don't wanna go to mars for 1 year today. Sure sounds really crazy but why draw the line at aliens or humans. We humans are very good at rejecting things for example earth orbits the sun was rejected, that the world was round was rejected and for example today we reject that traveling back in time is rejected among other things. Maybe we showed the primates how to form and use copper since it was the essentials for evolution. And who know's maybe we *hurmph* fertilized a couple of ladies and boosted evolution =)

Just a though not a theory, don't wanna p*** people off on my first post here =)

PS: Sry for my bad English, i'm Swedish =/

[edit on 8-9-2009 by Corex]

[edit on 8-9-2009 by Corex]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by UnitedSatesofFreemasons

I really don't believe anything about this THEORY of aliens building Puma Punku and having such an influence on the ancients. I mean, especially if you consider what OUR approach towards another civilization would be if we were capable of interplanetary travel.

Thats not to argue that there are definitely several theories out there. But I would have to say the most plausible one would be: If we found a distant intelligent civilization we would most likely avoid as much contact as possible to minimize our overall influence on the inferior civilization. Furthermore, we would most likely just be there to study and observe the culture, much less build their civilizations for them. Just think about it, what really is the most plausible theory?

Thats not to say I don't want to believe, however simpler and more believable solutions do exist. And if one considers the theory of Occam's Razor, I feel that the alien story is a little far fetched at times.

Especially when the History Channel airs an episode on ancient Civilizations supposedly being influenced by ancient aliens. Then they go further and back a lot of their arguments based on Erich Von Daniken's theories and ideas!

For those of you that don't know Daniken, a swiss author of Chariots of The Gods and avid ET supporter. He has made several claims over the years regarding the presence of aliens and their impact they have made on our own planetary history.

However, when one looks more closely at Van Daniken you will learn that he has not only been up to his neck in legal problems... but he has also been arrested, YES arrested, for fraud and embezzlement! Which ultimately lead him to spend several years incarcerated in Swiss prisons.

Now do the math here people, are you really going to take the word of such an unreliable source? I can tell you that I will not, but I'll let you come to your own decision.

SOURCE Von Däniken's run-ins with the law started at an early age. In the 1960s, Von Däniken worked in hotels and restaurants across Switzerland, and then he was convicted of fraud, serving a prison sentence for defrauding his boss at one hotel. In 1967, soon after Chariots of the Gods was published he was arrested and charged by Interpol with fraud and tax evasion for non-payment of $14,000.00. On behalf of the prosecution, he was ordered by the Court to undergo psychological examinations. During the investigation, authorities uncovered a large personal debt totaling about $700,000. Von Däniken was found guilty of embezzlement, and he served more than three years in Swiss prisons

And YES!!! These are some of the best engineered and magnificent structures from ancient times. The shear precision and perfection that was engineered into these structures is utterly mind blowing! The exact theory as to how these megaliths were built still puzzles modern researchers and scientists today.

But for people to automatically jump to the extraterrestrial conclusion, off the bat without doing their homework is absurd!!! Inform yourselves people, give credit to the ingenuity of the human mind! Just because these were built thousands of years ago doesn't discredit the ability of the ancients to find ways to erect such monumental structures. The human mind is the most complex 'machine' that we have ever known! The workings and capabilities are STILL vastly unknown in this current day and age. All the recent "break-through's" in science lead me to believe the brain is greatly unchartered territory and our true capabilities are outside the realm of our current knowledge.

Now I am no expert in this field, and I am sure there are several of you out there that know much more about this topic than myself. But the dots just don't connect for me. Maybe somebody can come on here and prove me wrong. But without any credible evidence supporting this idea it is still just another theory, to say the least.

[edit on 8-9-2009 by tmayhew01]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
No debate?? How interesting is it that when you rebuttal a theory using information and factual data, all the emotionally based posters flee.... Guess this theory really does make the most sense... Puma Punku debunked!

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by tmayhew01

He has made several claims over the years regarding the presence of aliens...

You're getting it all wrong, he is questioning the possibility. He makes questions and possible theories. If you read the book there's quite alot of question marks in his sentences.
And what does tax trouble have to do with the guys credibility on this field? I don't see the connection.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by paragon_fx

I've never heard that claim before -- do you have a link to that? I can read some of the ancient writing and would be interested to see this (and see where it was found and what else was found around there.)

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps

You're getting it all wrong, he is questioning the possibility. He makes questions and possible theories. If you read the book there's quite alot of question marks in his sentences.
And what does tax trouble have to do with the guys credibility on this field? I don't see the connection.

He may be questioning the possibility or trying to push his opinions and ET assumptions on others; we can argue his intentions all day.

But the fact of the matter is this man is a CRIMINAL! He has been convicted twice for fraud and has been ordered by court to undergo psychological examinations! Now if this isn't a red flag I don't know what is. I personally do not trust the credibility of somebody who has clearly been acting with dishonest intent throughout a large portion of his life. We can speculate this all day, but what it comes down to... is most people will dismiss this guys outrageous claims based upon the above FACTS.

If you want to learn more about why I feel like this guy is a 'loony bin' then listen to the coast to coast am radio show guest staring Von Daniken. Some of it is absurd, to the point where he has claimed he is an alien hybrid and so forth. If your interested let me know and I will find the exact podcast.

As for his so called claims regarding ancient aliens and others supporters involved in the Puma Punku ET influence THEORY... Their reasoning is flawed. Where is the physical evidence? Yes some of it is very very interesting. But to discredit the true powers and abilities of human engenuity is silly. Of course we could have built these, we may not know how they were built. But think about it, how much more advanced are we? How long has it been since they were built. Clues have disappeared into the abyss of history and have become a casualty of time. Yes, their engineering is absolutely amazing and still ponders the most advanced researchers today. But jumping to the ET conclusion is a little childish.

Now I do have conflicting views on this... I am not entirely to say that ET's didn't have some type of possible influence on the ancients. But to the point where they helped construct the ancient world and so forth? NO! at least not based upon current scientific reasoning and theory. Again we can SPECULATE all day about the ET influence, but the fact of the matter is.... Where is the hard physical proof?

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Well he has stated that he puts the question out there, not 'push his opinions'. I haven't seen any 'pushing'. He has had tax problems and as I said I don't see how this is even relevant? Stop discussing the man behind the book, he puts the thought out there. He is nothing but a mere messenger. The idea isn't connected to the guy by the hip.
Back to topic: I doubt the whole ET thing also. The evidence is puma punku itself, it's not conclusive however. Those finely carved grooves are very interesting, as far I know those are not seen anywhere else (could be wrong). Also the how the stones were like lego blocks, that's unique too. The idea is that the evidence is scattered around the world, not only puma punku. There are some interesting myths and locations all over the world. We don't have the all revealing key piece of evidence.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
Well he has stated that he puts the question out there, not 'push his opinions'. I haven't seen any 'pushing'. He has had tax problems and as I said I don't see how this is even relevant?

EVD was in prison for embezzeling money from the hotel he had been a clerk at when he originally came up with the idea for "Chariots of the Gods?"

Not exactly a little "tax trouble."

EVD was caught red-handed actually paying for the manufacturing of forged evidence for his ancient astronaut theory by the BBC's "Horizons" program.

That, my friend, can easily be considered "pushing his opinion."

Also, think what it says about his credibility.

Harte

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Harte

Finally caught you in an error Harte

You accidently credited EVD with creditabity which you claim he lost - in actuality he never had any.

LOL

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Harte

Source for that horizons thing even though I don't think it matters? I don't really care if the original idea comes from Al Capone or someone. That doesn't make puma punku + the other sites disappear.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Is it possible that the peoples of Puma Punku had help from beings not native to earth? Sure, why not. Maybe the reason we can't see them is because they look just like us.

Is it possible that humans of that time tapped in to a part of the brain that is otherwise, unused by today's people? Sure, why not. Evolution occurs in its on time frame.

Is it possible that God's own people, or influence had a hand in it? Sure, why not. Humans have done amazing things throughout history in the name of God. Why is it such a bad thing to excel based on just belief?

What I've seen from human kind is that we're a faithless bunch most the time. And, we go looking for proof and give up just as easily. Science is also not exact and depends heavily on theories and concepts just as much as religion. Science is on a quest to prove we truly evolved from lesser beings - it hasn't been proven or else it wouldn't be called the Theory of Evolution.

Why can't people understand beyond what their eyes see? Some people depend on faith when something can't be explained. And other people depend on theory when something can't be explained. Whether you're religious or scientific, perhaps, it's some where in the middle that we evolve.

In the end, we truly realize we know nothing for sure.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   
as long as we dont have written documents and what not we wont know for sure.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by UnitedSatesofFreemasons
Puma Punku is now understood to be at least 14,000 years old, essentially, right out of the stone age.

Most scholars et al date Pumapunku to c. 200BC - making it around 2200 years old. I suppose making it "older than it is" helps the UFO crowd with their fantasy that it could not have been made by humans, just like Stonehenge, the pyramids and a whole host of ancient buildings and monuments where the exact fabrication has not been fully understood.

I think that it was designed and made by humans and there is NO EVIDENCE of involvement by aliens.

Regards

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
People People! Calm down.

USE LOGIC!!!

We can get to the bottom of this.

The rocks are made from what used to be the 2nd hardest material on earth (now the 3rd because we made a synthetic stone harder than a diamond). The only way to cut a hard material is with a harder material (5th grade science people!). If the only harder material available at the time was a diamond than that is the only material they can use to cut it. Unless you are insinuating that they had explosives.

The only material left that they could use would be a DIAMOND.

LET ME SPELL IT -----D I A M O N D------ So did they ever find any diamond tipped drill bits? No? Diamond tipped tools? Diamond anything? No?

I mean if they used the only material you can cut this with then there should have been a bunch of it just laying around right? What? They didn't find piles of diamonds?

Well then how could they cut a material that only can be cut with diamonds without diamonds?....

I mean seriously people, I'm starting to think that logic is lost on you....

[edit on 12-10-2009 by DaMod]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by paraphi

How could an ancient people carve stones that can only be cut with diamonds without any diamonds? Impossible, cant be done.

Wait yes it can! They could have used lasers! Or or explosives or or a magnesium torch!

Get real...

Read post above.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

Diorite is certainly not the second toughest rock, and does not need to be strictly be worked by diamonds.

There's been plenty of evidence of that that's been mentioned in this very same thread.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join