It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien helped build Puma Punku

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I have been watching the History Channel, and they are doing segments on these structures, and their relationship to ancient astronauts and the gods from antiquity. HC is also doing repetitive segments on aliens and UFOs. Why is it that a channel dedicated to history, would air such topic matter, if it weren't trying to tell us something, to possibly prepare us for something out of the ordinary? Are the folks in public broadcasting and Hollywood reaching out to us? When I watched the segment on Puma Punku, the scientist stated that it was more of a spectacular monument as a feat in engineering than the great Pyramid Of Giza. A feat of the gods, just 40 years ago as a 7 year old I read a book named "Chariots Of The Gods" by Erik Von Daniken. I believed his findings then, and now. He is on the History Channel quite a bit, and to think he was beaten within an inch of his life all those years ago by religious fanatics, the man endured such criticism its aa wonder how he held on all these decades. But he did, and now he shines on as an expert in the field of study, ancient astronauts and their monumental structures.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by jymmyjaymes

Hollywood and HC are just merchants mate, they sell whatever they think people want to buy. That doesn't make what they sell true, it makes it a commodity in demand. If there's no interest in aliens, which is doubtful, then there will be little of that to offer (have you seen anyone selling ice in Alaska?).

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by beebs
How about GIANTS?

This earth is very, very old. To use H.P. Blavatsky's argument: If an ancient massive reptile can have a smaller ancestor today, why cant we be the same result of shrinking over time?

Is our evolvement from giants down any less 'scientific' than our evolvement from monkeys up?

Good thread, snf.

The only giants that were known were the Anunnaki.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by jymmyjaymes
I have been watching the History Channel, and they are doing segments on these structures, and their relationship to ancient astronauts and the gods from antiquity. HC is also doing repetitive segments on aliens and UFOs. Why is it that a channel dedicated to history, would air such topic matter, if it weren't trying to tell us something, to possibly prepare us for something out of the ordinary? Are the folks in public broadcasting and Hollywood reaching out to us? When I watched the segment on Puma Punku, the scientist stated that it was more of a spectacular monument as a feat in engineering than the great Pyramid Of Giza. A feat of the gods, just 40 years ago as a 7 year old I read a book named "Chariots Of The Gods" by Erik Von Daniken. I believed his findings then, and now. He is on the History Channel quite a bit, and to think he was beaten within an inch of his life all those years ago by religious fanatics, the man endured such criticism its aa wonder how he held on all these decades. But he did, and now he shines on as an expert in the field of study, ancient astronauts and their monumental structures.

The history channel is trying to compete with the discovery channel. It is all about ratings and business. But UFO also deals with history and it all dates back to the Roswell crash.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy
Some of you skeptics are hilarious.............some of the blocks at PumaPunku weighed as much as 100-130 tons. LMAO! If you think llama skins, ropes, ramps, and inclined planes were responsible for moving these behemoths up a "steep" incline from 20 miles away. Also they managed to use descriptive geometry, highly advanced stone cutting technology yet had no writing system and the wheel played no part. However they did they had some help either from ETs, Aliens, or some sort of buried technology ala sound levitation etc.

extraterrestrial is a bad word to skeptics.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
You do realize that Pumapunku is only a part of a much larger temple complex of the Tiwanaku site?
It was a part of the Tiwanaku culture, it has been radiocarbon dated to roughly 500-600 AD so no 14000 years here.

As to what materials they used I'm not certain, but they did use other kinds of stones like sandstone. Also Diorite is an extremely hard rock, but don't forget it can be cut with other diorite stones (not just diamonds
just be sure to add a little water. Diorite has also been used by many civilizations all over the world, by Egypt, Sumerians, etc.

No aliens here, just humans.

EDIT: Pumapunku and Tiwanaku are not lost in the shadows of the past, much has been written about them, just search on google and you will find.

[edit on 1-5-2010 by Mahasamadhi]

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by UnitedSatesofFreemasons

In regards to Puma Punku, around the world many cultures legends state that we had previous civilizations. The possibility that a previous civilization built these and many other artifacts and structures, and have since been destroyed, to where their is but little evidence left to us, is very probably, and the most likely scenario. If we had a nuclear war, massive earthquakes, and tsunamis, etc.. what of our world would be left to find after 10,000 years, not much but stone work eh! So what we have left is stone work from previous civilizations, that were destroyed by the very people that built them. Sounds about like the state our world is about to do again. We humans, seem to want to find some other reason that something could be or be destroyed, other than maybe it is us that had done these wonders, and destroyed our own civilizations. According to our current civilizations history, we have built many civilizations, only to destroy each one, for power and greed. Will mankind ever change it's ways?

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnitedSatesofFreemasons

Originally posted by riggs2099
Umm maybe humans were a little more advanced than once thought. Always the aliens..everything with you people is alien made...
. Have a little more faith in your own species.

More advanced then we are now? Come on. Were talking serious advanced people that would of pulled this off. You need some sort of diamond tipped drill just cut the stones. On top of the already impressive amount of geometry needed to have each stone put in place. And if it was us, then why not leave a note saying us humans did it. Instead they said the Sky gods did it. Sorry buddy, but i can't fathom that anyone with our DNA was able get the credit for this one. I do agree, aliens always get the credit, but thats because God lost his rank.

Not to mention that the palce was destroyed be some powerfull force it looks like. And some of the stones look to be missing.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mahasamadhi
You do realize that Pumapunku is only a part of a much larger temple complex of the Tiwanaku site?
It was a part of the Tiwanaku culture, it has been radiocarbon dated to roughly 500-600 AD so no 14000 years here.

No aliens here, just humans.

EDIT: Pumapunku and Tiwanaku are not lost in the shadows of the past, much has been written about them, just search on google and you will find.

[edit on 1-5-2010 by Mahasamadhi]

200 ton stones moved miles over steep very steep hills? Not say humans didnt do it but some know how has been lost.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock
Not to mention that the palce was destroyed be some powerfull force it looks like. And some of the stones look to be missing.

The site has been subject to looting for centuries. Suspected stones from Tiwanaku have been found in other structures in the surrounding areas.
Also, amateur collectors have had their way with the place.

Not to mention the area is rattled on occasion by powerful earthquakes.

Harte

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Are you kidding me!?
"just search on google and you will find."

Honestly, most of the stuff you find on wiki and google about this are only SPECULATIONS. Why? Because that's all we can do, is speculate about the origins.

Also, if you honestly believe that P.P. was built after 600A.D., you are an idiot. I'm sorry to put it so bluntly, but look at Tiwanaku! If Puma Punku was built after, then Tiwanaku would ALSO be hit just as bad, and in ruins in the same manner. They are not that far apart!

No, Puma Punku, to have been this damaged would have had to have been build before Tiwanaku,
unless you think that another culture, MORE ADVANCED, came and destroyed this already highly advanced civilization.

(edit for SP and grammer)

[edit on 2-5-2010 by Seitler]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Seitler

I meant looking up libraries (and similar) through google to search for the relevant literature on the subject! It is true that other Andean cultures like the Inca gets far more publication, but that is not to say there is nothing on Tiwanaku/pumapunku, in fact there is enough written about it archaeologically speaking.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Mahasamadhi

Sorry if I sounded a bit rude, I was at work (Security at a college) and the student were driving me crazy... last weekend for them to hang out, ya know.

Anyway, I thought you were one of those people that just read whatever was posted and didn't dig into actuall archives. Yeah, there is a good bit written, but most of it is older stuff. I haven't been able to find much reliable information, or current, to really get into a good debate. I do, however, throw in what I "know" from the sources I have read from.

Anyway, I'm off to bed, good night everyone in ATS Land!

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Managed to track down some books, here is some more info:

Pumapunku literally means “gate of the puma” in Aymara.

Tiwanaku is considered to have been a major Andean urban center, Pumapunku has been interpreted as a ceremonial center [a part of the Tiwanaku site], centered on a terraced platform mound. (Source: Janusek, Identity and Power in the Ancient Andes, page 61)

Pumapunku and the other complexes in the area were built over long periods of time in different chronological phases. Tiwanaku and Pumapunku has suffered from centuries of looting. The spanish quarried stones from the Pumapunku complex (the southwestern part of it) in the 17th century to be used in the furnishing of chocolate mills (!) and as building material in a bridge and a church in the town of Jesus de Machaca. This has continued until recently. (ibid, 57)

Pumapunku may have been an independent ritual complex. There is one radiocarbon date from Pumapunku which dates its initial construction to ca 500 AD – although one c14 date is not enough, it is merely an indication. Two later construction phases have ben identified. The south side of the complex was never finished. Pumapunku’s main platform measures over a half-kilometer east-west, “mimicking in plan the carved outline on the back of the Gate of the Sun, which some suggest originally stood here.” In the western side was the primary entrance with an elaborate stairway [showing heavy wear] with stone gates. (ibid, 133)

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Pumapunku and Tiwanaku’s other ritual complexes were eventually destroyed. Who or why remains to be determined, but state collapse/postcollapse events has been suggested. A large hall at the eastern edge of Pumapunku was destroyed, originally a series of interlinked, massive portals once stood here but they were pushed over and smashed in place – most of the fragments remain to this day. It is noted as unlikely that the Incas were behind this widespread destruction (ibid, 254-255)

“The Pumapunku complex remains . . . a monumental contradiction: overengineered
yet unfinished, monumental in appearance, yet façade-like
in reality.” (Vranich 1999:232)

Some relevant literature on the subject (found much more, could post it if anyone wants):

Alexei Vranich (1999) ‘Interpreting the Meaning of Ritual Spaces: The Temple Complex of Pumapunku, Tiwanaku, Bolivia’, Unpublished Ph.D. dissertation, University of Pennsylvania.

Charles Stanish (2003) Ancient Titicaca: The Evolution of Complex Society in Southern Peru and Northern Bolivia. University of California Press.

John Wayne Janusek (2004) Identity and Power in the Ancient Andes: Tiwanaku Cities Through Time, Routledge.

Typically, I noticed the majority of the literature on Pumapunku/Tiwanaku is in Spanish!! That may explain some gaps in knowledge!

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 04:51 AM
link   
A large part of the complex (including the largest and heaviest stone slabs) seems to have been built from red sandstone, they were “transported up a steep incline from a quarry near Lake Titicaca roughly 10 km away”. Source: Wikipedia, Pumapunku.

The diorite, or more correctly Andesite, was only used for stone facings and carvings, these smaller blocks came from “quarries within the Copacabana Peninsula about 90 km away from and across Lake Titicaca from the Pumapunka and the rest of the Tiwanaku Site.” (ibid) But I could not find exactly how hard andesite really is, though it seems it is not as super hard as believed.

As I showed above, Pumapunku suffered from destruction during earlier times, but it has also been subjected to looting and later quarrying. The other complexes of the Tiwanaku site were not untouched, they too suffered from this destruction.

A cool page: www.archaeology.org...

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seitler
Are you kidding me!?
"just search on google and you will find."

Honestly, most of the stuff you find on wiki and google about this are only SPECULATIONS. Why? Because that's all we can do, is speculate about the origins.

Also, if you honestly believe that P.P. was built after 600A.D., you are an idiot. I'm sorry to put it so bluntly, but look at Tiwanaku! If Puma Punku was built after, then Tiwanaku would ALSO be hit just as bad, and in ruins in the same manner. They are not that far apart!

No, Puma Punku, to have been this damaged would have had to have been build before Tiwanaku,
unless you think that another culture, MORE ADVANCED, came and destroyed this already highly advanced civilization.

But all the evidence - including carbon dating, says both sites (they are considered to be the same site, by the way) were built sometime after 500 AD.

And, yes, Tiwanaku is also in ruins, due largely to looting of stone and earthquakes.

Harte

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

The problem with carbon-dating is that you can't really carbon date rocks and stone. You need to find fragments of items to use in the tests, so it there are a lot more artifacts from 600ad, than there are from 14000ad, obviously, they will assume due to the levels of materials, that the site was at it's peak in 600ad.

The problem is, carbon based matericals break down fairly quick, when they are man-made. So of course, there will obviously be more "newer" stuff than there will be "older." I use those terms loosely because either way, the stuff the find out there is still really old, ya know

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
To be honest, this is one of the most interesting things ive ever heard about here.

The structures laying down there are so well done, almost to the point to where we'd have a rough go trying to replicate it with todays technology. IMO the ancients had help from some outside source.

You cant tell me they had better builders back in the day than what we have today.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join