It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Famed Pastor Predicts Imminent Catastrophe

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I never doubt the success of church related programs. They are GREAT!

BUT - what is in the OP is still nonsense. Pastors and other prophet like people (ha) have been making predictions all the time...and practically all of them have been wrong. When one person is right (which I doubt it will be this guy) - he will then become a messenger from above. Okay.

He is doing it because it is his job. Well known pastors and religious figures make LOTS OF MONEY (nothing against them)...business is business. Saying catastrophe will happen just because the world is in an economic slump is horrendous. Maybe if he called this when things were all peachy, I would give him credit, but saying it in the midst of the problem - big deal.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by FritosBBQTwist

Maybe what he says may cause problems. However, look at this:
www.globalresearch.ca...

Zbigniew Brzezinski, former National Security Advisor and early supporter of Barack Obama's presidential campaign, has warned that civil unrest on American soil is a possibility that should not be dismissed. Brzezinski explains that "[the United States is] going to have millions and millions of unemployed, people really facing dire straits. And we’re going to be having that for some period of time before things hopefully improve. And at the same time there is public awareness of this extraordinary wealth that was transferred to a few individuals at levels without historical precedent in America..." Brzezinski concludes with this noteworthy remark "...hell, there could be even riots".

I would be more worried about the above prediction, from someone high up on the scale of the "PTB".

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

Originally posted by photobugweek? Will I be raptured before TSHTF? I don't know that either there are arguments for both sides on that issue. What I do know is that I will keep my heart and soul clean and do the best I can to live by his word. I will also do everything I can to avoid the deceptions of this world as to not get caught up into what is not of God.

So using acronyms like TSHTF isn't getting caught up in the world. Is TSHTF of GOD? We know what TSHTF means and so does GOD.

I certainly don't claim to be perfect. I am sorry that is all you got out of my posts. If it makes you feel better we can just say the "S" stands for "stuff" . So it's when the stuff hits the fan.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   

I forcefully disagree.

I've followed David W's ministry and prophetic pronouncements since before 1970, IIRC.

I've had friends read his first prophetic book and be incredulous claiming David was wrong etc.

I thought they were off the wall. I read the book and felt he was quite accurate.

In any case, over the next 10 or so years, what he asserted in that book came true--overwhelmingly.

He also predicted 9/11. I forget in precisely what terms but it was clear he had been right and was predicting 9/11. I forget how far ahead.

I agree that the Christian prophetic is a mess . . . from a variety of perspectives and in a variety of ways.

I expect God will be cleaning it up increasingly as the END TIMES race forward.

In this particular case with this warning, I believe it will be proven that he was, if anything, conservative in his pronouncement and extremely accurate.

Even if it's 18 months off--which I doubt . . . that's still a short time to prepare. If it's 8 weeks off, God have mercy. God is giving us time to prepare. Still, folks are sooooooooo silly about such things.

We seem to need someone standing over us with a club before we take anything seriously.

Crazy.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
reply to post by AshleyD

They put me through an intensive in-patient treatment program. Then they trained me under the supervision of a Clinical Psychologist and got me licensed.

Not only did they never ask for a dime, they gave me a job and a place to live while I returned to school for a while to get a Business Degree.

This is most certainly the wrong person for people to attack.

INDEED.

He has been authentic from at least his days with Nicky Cruz.

He has learned some things the hard way and been increasingly humbled. However, he's always been more humble than the average well known minister or ministry critic.

His prophetic pronouncements have been uncommonly above average by far in accuracy, wisdom, caring and conservative wording.

I've been sitting up and taking notice at anything he says for more than 30 years and have never regretted it.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

This morning I heard someone on the news, not sure which as I was in a different room, suggesting Obama was purposefully destroying what is left so he can rebuild America in his own image. Shades of Hitler, eh?

The evil oligarchy deliberately destroying the USA in order to make it easier to set up the satanic world government is part and parcel of what David Wilkerson is talking about--it is a major source of the evils calling down on us the judgment and disciplines of God that David is more specific about in this latest prophecy.

Some sources I've had contact with this week indicate . . .

--that not only are they deliberately bringing the dollar down to make setting up the global currency system etc. more overtly easier--THEY PLAN TO DESTROY THE DOLLAR UTTERLY, DO AWAY WITH IT UTTERLY.

--that later model cars have a chip in them that can make them inoperable from a satellite. That's the first I'd heard of that. Anyone heard of that?

This whole ball of wax--END TIMES and related issues are what David W is speaking to and about. It's not really off topic, imho.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by BO XIAN

He also predicted 9/11. I forget in precisely what terms but it was clear he had been right and was predicting 9/11. I forget how far ahead.....

Can you dig that out? You must still have his book. I bet it is too far off in your mind to even paraphrase, human memory degrades after time (see the film "Memento"). Your thoughts on this matter are most insightful. 8 weeks, I am not ready. I'd like to be ready, but there is so much denial in my psyche and soul, yet I have known all along...I am torn, and tonight with a migraine headache.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I'm not really familiar with the guy, other than recognizing his name and the Teen Challenge. I have no personal feelings on his predictions other than that they mimic every other rational informed 'open-eyed' individual. This person presumably works in NYC and comes in contact with a large base of people from different walks of life. It is not unreasonable to assume that he has a good feel on the 'pulse' of what is to come.

BUT what I do want to specifically talk about is this statement, because (and I have read just about every page of this) I believe people misunderstand this statement.

...can only answer by sharing what the Holy Spirit is speaking to my own heart and what I am to do. I shared that I was led in a practical way to lay aside a month’s supply of food — because I have witnessed the panic in the wake of terrorism. That has to be a personal word for every individual.

A Christian (and possibly other beliefs in similar ways) will often say things like: 'led by the Holy Spirit' or 'compelled by the Holy Spirit'; and sometimes they will even be more blatant and say things like 'The Holy Spirit told me!' -- but you get the idea.

This is the same as you saying...That little voice in my head told me to do it! They are referring to their conscience. The difference is for many believers, while we may not believe God talks to us directly. We believe that he influences our decisions, or 'guides' us. Even tho I'm sure it is more a conscious effort for us to do what we believe is the right thing. The same as when a preacher says that he was 'called' to the ministry. He believes God led him, or convicted him, to do it. He doesn't believe he had some hallucination or dream where someone told him what to do. (I'm not talking about the people that DO claim this).

So I do not believe that this person is saying that God physically or in any trance or dream state told him this was going to happen. I don't see that in his blog at all. What I see is someone that is convicted, by what he is seeing and experiencing in the world around him, to give a warning of what might happen.

In fact, his blog entry to me is more a message of Salvation through Christ, which is very much in line with what every conservative Bible preaching Baptist includes in just about every message they send.

This is what I hear the Holy Spirit speaking to my heart concerning my own spiritual response to impending calamity. It is simply this —STAND STILL AND SEE THE SALVATION OF THE LORD.

I just wanted to clear that up for those that 1) thought he had some kind of encounter where he was told what was going to happen. And 2) was making a 'prophecy'. He like many, MANY others are just saying: 'look, I really think this is going to get bad, get right with God'.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by pluckynoonez
and tonight with a migraine headache.

Plucky...if thats you standing on your head in your avatar its no wonder you have a migraine :p

its always nice to read your posts tho..my apologies for the OT

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   
you wouldn't need to be close to god to predict something like this in the near future.nothing to do with god,unless he thinks the NWO and people fighting back is gods punishment for us naughty people.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
How many people are "predicting" doom in US?
How many people are "predicting" doom in China
How many people are "predicting" doom in Russia
How many people are "predicting" doom in United Arab Emirates.

The last 3 countries are doing fairly well considering the latest years including the recent months with the economic crisis looming.
The country at the top of this list, experiences a receding economy, loosing its place globally as a strategic force, has no new innovations to present, they kinda feel it is the end of the line for them. IMO it's not the end of the line for anyone, it's just the end of the line of things as we used to do them.

There you go, this is the explanation on why doom is so popular in the US, and everyone's "doing" it.

[edit on 10-3-2009 by spacebot]

What is most disturbing is that the average US citizen who is in to conspiracy and doom, feels like they could force their impending "doom" on other parts of the globe as well, for some reason. It's the Empire mentality. "It can't be, if we go then everyone else must go". When Rome fell, in fact human civilization didn't stop to exist, the world never stopped turning around the Sun. In fact there was significant progress that led us to today.

[edit on 10-3-2009 by spacebot]

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
This guy is taking the current crisis and multiplying with fear of even more bad events to come which is why he's been able to suck so many people into his trap. Even if something horrific happens, he's just guessing and has absolutely no knowledge prior to any events occurring. Some of you are worshiping this man because why, he's a pastor? Even if he is a pastor, I'd still consider him a fraud. Two things that dont mix...Religion and truth. There are no facts. This guy is using his power over small-minded people to cause more hysteria.

Just because he's a pastor people believe him? I hope ignorance doesn't come over you that easy...

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus

Maybe what he says may cause problems. However, look at this:
www.globalresearch.ca...

Zbigniew Brzezinski, former National Security Advisor and early supporter of Barack Obama's presidential campaign, has warned that civil unrest on American soil is a possibility that should not be dismissed. Brzezinski explains that "[the United States is] going to have millions and millions of unemployed, people really facing dire straits. And we’re going to be having that for some period of time before things hopefully improve. And at the same time there is public awareness of this extraordinary wealth that was transferred to a few individuals at levels without historical precedent in America..." Brzezinski concludes with this noteworthy remark "...hell, there could be even riots".

I would be more worried about the above prediction, from someone high up on the scale of the "PTB".

Especially since, if you look at his wiki page, he has had his finger in a lot of nasty pies in the past, that have helped bring us to this point.

So, in fact, Brzezinski is NOT making a prediction, but just stating a future part of the "plan".

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by spinkyboo

"God Talk" used to make my skin crawl, too.
But open mindedness isn't just about accepting the existence of UFOs & Ghosts.
It's about accepting that anything is possible.
If I believe in universal consciousness/oneness, why can't others believe in God?
Perhaps God is Oneness.
I can't say for sure one way or another, whether God exists or not, but that's the key.
I can't say He doesn't exist.
I can't say He's not a She, either.
I simply don't know.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I won't give credence to any "prophecy" unless it comes with specifics. I can make general, vague predictions just as well as anyone, the only difference is this guy has a lot of people that listen to him. Something "bad" happens all the time, until someone gets detailed I have no interest in listening to him. Given the supposed interest in the truth on ATS, I'm surprised so many people around here would give this guy a second thought...deny ignorance indeed.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by photobug

The free will thing has always intrigued me. We can choose to follow the rules laid down by God or suffer the consequences.

I put a loaded handgun in my baby's playpen. I told him he could play with everything in there except the handgun. Hilarity ensued... but it was his choice and now he has to suffer the consequences.

Except the parent wasn't me, it was God. The playpen was the Garden of Eden. The gun was the tree. The baby was Adam and or Eve. Naive and childlike, but they did have free will.

So God dishing out death and destruction now makes perfect sense when you consider what kind of parent he's been so far.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
This Pastor should take the Holy Book and slap himself about the head with it. Maybe he'll knock some sense into himself. What a load of bollicks. Just what the world needs, more fear, doom & gloom and since when does Worldnetdaily have any credibility. Thanks for the chuckle.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Angus123
reply to post by photobug

The free will thing has always intrigued me. We can choose to follow the rules laid down by God or suffer the consequences.

I put a loaded handgun in my baby's playpen. I told him he could play with everything in there except the handgun. Hilarity ensued... but it was his choice and now he has to suffer the consequences.

Except the parent wasn't me, it was God. The playpen was the Garden of Eden. The gun was the tree. The baby was Adam and or Eve. Naive and childlike, but they did have free will.

So God dishing out death and destruction now makes perfect sense when you consider what kind of parent he's been so far.

And what exactly do you call this world we live in? While your growing up, you could have used any object in your own house to cut yourself with and bleed to death or bang your self on the wall with you head til it got crushed. But you didn't do that did you?

No matter how Naive Adam and Eve was, they were still ADULTS as god made them as ADULTS and not little children. They fully understood the concept of obedience and disobedience. Remember God made them practically perfect, just like he made Lucifer.

But they rebelled on their OWN FREE WILL. I don't really care for anyone who can't own up to what they did wrong themselves, always blaming others for their problems when almost 99% of it is by their own making, if not 100%.

Besides a baby cannot even live a loaded gun nor does he have the strength to squeeze the trigger. Your try to sensationalize the act of FREE WILL in the worse limelight yet you ignore that God Himself was watching Adam and Eve make that choice and see Satan tempting them before they made that choice.

God is all power and all knowing. Do you seriously think anything happened in the garden of eden without His knowledge? God is not a human being. He is perfect.

The tree of good and evil was not a "loaded gun". Its like your parents telling you stay away from drugs or evil people or whatever good advice parents give you while your growing up. It was 1 tree in probably millions that grew in the Garden of Eden. It was clearly an act of disobedience, encouraged by Satan.

God clearly said to Adam and Eve, the day you eat of that fruit, you will surely die. They UNDERSTOOD that. They KNEW what the consequences were for eating of that fruit but they did it anyway.

A baby with a loaded gun in his crib does NOT understand what a gun is ok? At least if you are going to create a simile example, you should honor the parameters of the situation. You are all about sensationalizing this event in twisting it into your own warped sense of what is right and wrong.

Babies don't equal Adam and Eve who were full adults and knew what they were getting themselves into. THAT is free choice dude. The FREE CHOICE is from understanding the choice but still being able to make the choice you want.

Babies? pfft. What kind of FREE WILL do you think babies have who can't even understand a thing? Have you even had children to know what your talking about?

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
This might be the video...

David Wilkerson warn about catastrophe in USA.

Edit: some other clucka talking about Wilkerson.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

agreed.

In an age where apostolic faith is considered 'wacko' because we've allow it to be, by various means, the church and non-church populous are now on dangerous ground because we no longer accept 99% of any church prophetic announcement as truth or 'from God' coming from established christian faith.

Your point, well put....what disaster will it take to make us listen?

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join