It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Famed Pastor Predicts Imminent Catastrophe

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

If you can find a quote of his prediction regarding 9/11 - I could possibly change my mind.

Also - out of all the predictions he has made, how many have been wrong? Or can they be wrong, as they do not have any sort of time line?

Seriously - how hard is it to say we could be in very deep crap? The article was for March 8th, so it couldn't have been that long ago. Haven't ALL OF YOU been saying this for a lot longer than this guy?

Just one bogus/false claim will make me turn my eye away from any of these so called prophets. Especially if money is the motive.

Maybe if he was living pay check to pay check and had no real gains from saying something like that, then I could believe the validity in HIS claims. But if that were the case, he wouldn't be that much different than us, would he?

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ZionOmega

Yes they were "still adults" that had no idea they were naked until they ate a magic apple.

Look... I took a sick today today and would like to continue feeling terrible so please stop making me laugh.
Thanks!

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Komodo
reply to post by BO XIAN

agreed.

In an age where apostolic faith is considered 'wacko' because we've allow it to be, by various means, the church and non-church populous are now on dangerous ground because we no longer accept 99% of any church prophetic announcement as truth or 'from God' coming from established christian faith.

Your point, well put....what disaster will it take to make us listen?

Raining frogs. Definately raining frogs.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Sounds like that guy is on to something.

I suppose everyone sees that something is going to happen, they are just not sure what it means for them personally.

[edit on 10-3-2009 by huckfinn]

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Angus123

Yes they were "still adults" that had no idea they were naked until they ate a magic apple.

Look... I took a sick today today and would like to continue feeling terrible so please stop making me laugh.
Thanks!

And how is it that it is "wrong" that they were naked and didn't feel ashamed of it? Its because they didn't have "impure", "sinful" thoughts like you and I would have as fallen mankind.

If a person is so pure that he trusts people not to steal from him or her and if this is called "naive", is that better or worse? And does that innocense speak volumes for that person or convict the rest of mankind who have come to live with the idea of being stolen from as an acceptible norm?

Just because you can't grasp the paradigm of the "pure" doesn't make it inferior. The fact that Adam and Eve didn't feel ashamed that they were naked and could look on each other without sinful thoughts is far from "naive". Heck some would say that it IS a more "mature" attitude to have. After all, there was no precedent for being ashamed in the way that God made them. God didn't make man and women with clothes on them. Not until Adam and Eve sinned did they realize what "lust" is and because of "lust" today how many broken families abound? How many men and women actually stay true and not cheat in some way or another?

So tell me do you think your sinful state is somehow superior to Adam and Eve's before they sinned?

Satan surely wants you to think so. After all isn't his goal the destruction of mankind in his jealousy against God for creating us in His image?

[edit on 10-3-2009 by ZionOmega]

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Haven't heard these predictions before. I honestly don't believe this guy.

This thread has gone way of topic so im going to ask 2 questions.

1)Why did 'God' place the temptation of the apples and the snake in the 'Garden of Eden' in the first place?

2)Why doesn't 'God' make a huge announcement through the clouds or something amazing instead of talking inside somebody's head? (sounds childish but does raise a point,

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZionOmega

Thanks!

And how is it that it is "wrong" that they were naked and didn't feel ashamed of it? Its because they didn't have "impure", "sinful" thoughts like you and I would have as fallen mankind.

If a person is so pure that he trusts people not to steal from him or her and if this is called "naive", is that better or worse? And does that innocense speak volumes for that person or convict the rest of mankind who have come to live with the idea of being stolen from as an acceptible norm?

Just because you can't grasp the paradigm of the "pure" doesn't make it inferior. The fact that Adam and Eve didn't feel ashamed that they were naked and could look on each other without sinful thoughts is far from "naive". Heck some would say that it IS a more "mature" attitude to have. After all, there was no precedent for being ashamed in the way that God made them. God didn't make man and women with clothes on them. Not until Adam and Eve sinned did they realize what "lust" is and because of "lust" today how many broken families abound? How many men and women actually stay true and not cheat in some way or another?

So tell me do you think your sinful state is somehow superior to Adam and Eve's before they sinned?

Satan surely wants you to think so. After all isn't his goal the destruction of mankind in his jealousy against God for creating us in His image?

Look... no offense here. But that is simply not worthy of a serious rebuttal.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZionOmega

Thanks!

Look... no offense here. But that is simply not worthy of a serious rebuttal.

Is this how you brush off a losing argument? Sure then why not.

Let me ask you though, you blame God that he practically made Adam and Eve do it and therefore you "blame" God for Adam and Eve's sin...yet because of the result of this sin, you are saying that we are better for it?

What do you believe in exactly? It really sounds like to me your a really confused person. How can you blame God for Adam and Eve's sin at the same time praising Adam and Eve's sin?

Er? Pick a side man. You sound like all those New Age robots who just nod their heads without having a real opinion on your own. You can't both say its God'd fault for Adam and Eve's sin and then turn around and praise their sin because their sin is what makes Adam and Eve "better" in your opinion.

Which is it? If you say Adam and Eve's sin is God's fault than you at the least would miss the innocense they "lost" right?

Then how in the world do you then turn around and say we are better for the sin?

man up and pick a side so someone can actually have a debate with you because right now your living in your own little conundrum.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I already know almost for sure.

The North American Union will form while growing WW3-like conditions form. America will attempt to intervene, fail, and collapse. The government will be taken over by a few military men. Some who are for "us", some against "us", and some in between. Meanwhile total chaos spreads in Europe and Asia. Asia gets the crap knocked out of them as a last measurement and Europe falls from taking to much damage. Africa also falls from being involved with Europe as an ally and getting sucked in. Most places have a major collapse, but from the fire and ashes a new government forms in the east. They unify the East. America just about finishes up its internal wars and joins in desperate need of money to repair things.

Crap gets peaceful for 20 years, then WW4.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2 cents
After some thought I decided to post this after reading that article on drudge and seeing this thread.

- This morning my GF woke up from a disturbing dream. She dreamt that things, like shooting stars, were streaking down from the sky. Then she saw large balls of fire as bright as the sun. Many other things happened but the most important thing was this. She tried calling her mom on the cell phone and finally got through. Her mom was calm and told her she would try to get home. Then her mother said, as if it were a recording, "if you can hear this it is Tuesday the 7th."

When my GF woke she immediately went to the calendar to see when a Tuesday the 7th occurred next. There are two dates coming soon. April and July of 2009. I did not see this article until this evening. I read it to my GF. She found it disturbing. Neither of us are Christian or religious.

I trust her dreams as she has had very accurate prophetic dreams before but nothing on this scale. I have no idea if anything like any of this will occur. I am NOT sounding any warnings. I merely pass it along as something to keep in mind and to see if any others have had similar experiences. I hope nothing like this ever happens.

Don't flame me for posting this. I am merely relaying a personal experience that may mean absolutely nothing.

[edit on 8-3-2009 by 2 cents]

Hey 2 cents, would it be possible to have your girlfriend blog or email the entire dream? I also have prophetic dreams and have become somewhat skilled in interpreting them. I would like to have an oppurtunity to read the whole dream and maybe interpret it.

I tried messaging you directly, but I am new to ATS and need to post more!! I will do some posts now so you can message me later if you would like. Thanks!!!

-Arroyo-

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by awake_awoke

Here's some interesting info on this guy...

Why I totally reject the so-called “Warning” from David Wilkerson By Paleo Pat, on March 10th, 2009 I noticed here as of lately that on WorldNetDaily, that David Wilkerson has issued a so-called “Warning” and advice to Christians everywhere about some so-called horrific event that is going to take place. I want it to be known publicly, that I feel that David Wilkerson has had nothing more than an overactive imagination. Which is about all Pentecostals ever have. I say this, because David Wilkerson is nothing more than a Pentecostal Christian, he is one of the many deluded Christians that possess the flawed belief system, that God is still speaking today, that healing was promised in the atonement, that “Speaking in tongues” is a legit belief system; despite that the fact that the Bible proves that very wrong. In the interest of full disclosure, I am a former Pentecostal, who came out of that silly bunch of nonsense, after 21 years, of watching that movement steadily veer towards liberal Christianity. I am now a Fundamentalist Christian, my doctrine is of the Baptist nature.

Enjoy.

J

source: www.politicalbyline.com...

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Oh, please. Do you know how many idiots have predicted doom & gloom just over the past 40 years and been proven wrong again and again when nothing happened?

How many idiots have said the end of the world was right around the corner?

How many have said "Judgement day is comin' nex' year, so git yersef raght wi' gawd"?

Here's my prediction: this guy's just another idiot.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   

I believe that people who cling to myths in order to be able to face the world do not deserve derision. But they also do not deserve to be given any serious attention either.
To do so would give credence to their views. Like people who eat shellfish should be put to death, naughty children are to be stoned by the entire community and slavery is just peachy, and a talking snake tricked the first humans into eating bad fruit... to name but a small few.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I find your perspective exceedingly insulting to his record over the whole of his life.

I have followed him at least 35 years.

He has persistently demonstrated WAY ABOVE AVERAGE

--HUMILITY
--RESPONSIBILITY
--BALANCE
--ACCURACY
--INTEGRITY
--SELFLESSNESS

Your conjectures merely indicate that you have virtually no knowledge of the man prior to casting aspersions on his character. I find that beneath the values and civility that ATS espouses, insists on and stands for.

I think you owe the man a written appology.

I could rant on but I'll stop here.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by awake_awoke
reply to post by burdman30ott6

Indeed, that seems to be the biographical information I picked up on this guy as well...
I found this article highlighted on DrudgeReport; perhaps the fact this pastor is usually quite upbeat is the reason Drudge found it to be newsworthy.

UHHHHH . . . He is a positive person. His faith is positive.

And over the more than 35 years I've read and followed him, he's been exceedingly accurate in his prophetic pronouncements. Uncommonly so.

I respect him as much as I do Billy Graham.

He's way above average and certainly so in the Christian Prophetic field--which is still a mess awaiting God's house-cleaning.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
Quite honestly, I can't believe the reactions of ATS'ers to this story.
Is this the same ATS where members have posted HUNDREDS of new threads in the last month or so, about people taking to the streets, peasants with pitchforks, overthrowing the governments of the world, troops being trained for civilian unrest, FEMA camps, and the list goes on...?
ATS's have been saying this en mass for months now, so when someone else says basically the same thing, they act surprised.
So let me get this straight. The person is a pastor, so as a religious leader, he CAN'T say what you've all been saying for months?

Ahhhhhhhhhhh, but there's a difference.

THE CHRISTIAN GOD--JESUS, FATHER, SPIRIT . . . INSIST ON ONE WAY--JESUS BEING THE ONLY WAY TO THE FATHER; TO ETERNAL LIFE.

AND REBELLION AGAINST GOD . . . A CERTAIN SENTENCE TO JUDGMENT AND CONSEQUENCES.

That's what sticks in folks' craw.

And Wilkerson who states truth, is offensive to those living the lie.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by 2 cents

There is a Biblical prediction about "stars falling from the sky" in the END TIMES. i don't have the ref handy.

And, many other people have had similar dreams and visions recently.

And some Native American tribes have foreseen similar events.

Certainly I don't doubt that your GF's dream is prophetic.

Interesting about the date.

God have mercy.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Someone just brought this to my attention about the man. From another WND article:

Then Wilkerson felt God telling him something that seemed rather bizarre. He felt God telling him to make sandwiches – lots of sandwiches. What were they for? Who would eat them? That part wasn't clear, but his church did what they believed God was telling them anyway.

And on the 10th of September they stayed up all night making hundreds and hundreds of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. By morning they had about 2,000 sandwiches. At 8:46 a.m. the first plane hit the World Trade Center and Times Square Church was ready to feed and minister to rescue workers and victims of our nation's worst attack.

wnd.com...

Can this be confirmed? If so, that lends a lot of credibility to his current warning. It shouldn't be too difficult to confirm if his congregation assisted him.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I read Pastor Wilkerson's book "The Cross and the Switchblade" probably 30 years ago. This isn't some flaky self proclaimed prophet from some snake handling church - or some huckster who is out for money. He's a very sober minded man of God who has dedicated most of his life to working with drug addicts, gang members and street people - helping them rebuild there lives.

he's not setting a date

Note: I do not know when these things will come to pass, but I know it is not far off. I have unburdened my soul to you. Do with the message as you choose.
www.worldchallenge.org...

But I would take him seriously based on past performance.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Provided he really had a vision (and not just a bad burrito), I think this could be one of two things. Neither of which do I in any STRETCH of the imagination desired. But considering ALL of the things he sees (especially it spreading to other cities):

1) Obama could be assassinated. This would certainly evoke riots on the scale of the 60's country-wide and possibly world-wide.
2) More likely, it could be a series of coordinated simultaneous attacks by Al-Qaeda and friends. They have 36 KNOWN training camps here in the US that they can't touch them because of freedom of religion concerns. But they are definitely training here and Canada and could have similar groups in Europe.

But, take this all with a grain of salt. For example, I think this whole 12/21/2012 scare is just that; a scare. Ever notice it just so HAPPENS to coincide with the end of that Zodiak symbol? Sometimes a coincidence is just that. Sometimes...

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join