It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Famed Pastor Predicts Imminent Catastrophe

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Famed Pastor Predicts Imminent Catastrophe

www.worldnetdaily.com

A respected pastor, best-selling author and founder of a major ministry to teens predicts an imminent "an earth-shattering calamity" centered in New York City that will spread to major urban areas across the country and around the world – part of what he sees as a judgment from God.

David Wilkerson, author of "The Cross and the Switchblade," a book about his ministry to troubled New York street kids that was later made into a movie starring Pat Boone, tells readers of his blog this weekend that he is "compelled by the Holy Spirit to send out an urgent message" about his prediction.

"An earth-shattering calamity is about to happen," he writes. "It is going to be so frightening, we are all going to tremble – even the godliest among us."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I'm not entirely sure what to think of this article because I am not entirely sure of the character of David Wilkerson in regards to Rapture prophecy.

Wilkerson urges everyone to stockpile a 30-day supply of food and other necessities to deal with the catastrophe he foresees

Well, we hear a lot of that here on ATS anyway, so I thought it might be of some interest to some members out there. He says he sees "fires" raging through NY...any other prophecies out there perhaps that correlate to this one?

www.worldnetdaily.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Well he could just be saying this to get his name more known... Book sales anyone? regardless, He's not the first or the last to predict some disaster. Im tired of hearing predictions as it is. If TSHTF we will know it. I cant waste my time preparing for a disaster every time somebody say's to.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Let us hope he is wrong. He doesnt have the skinny on what God's plans are anymore than i do.
But still...... one of these days one of these people will be right.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
This guy is certainly not helping things.
I hope he doesn't want to be correct about this.
Frankly, I would almost consider this a low level form of incitement.

He knows full well that there are a lot of people who want something like this to happen. And if it does, I hope he is held partially accountable for being so irresponsible.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Prophet Pastor? I'll ask the bf's mom, she's a pastor, doubt anything like that came to her.

And if he's right I'm still not converting

I should stockpile food, though. And hope mom's not working that day.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Oh does he now?

This sounds very similar to "famed prophet" Blossom Goodchilds imminent prediction last year or Bill Deagles imminent complete stock market crash and then marshall law.

Both those alleged prophets were incorrect and both happened to be selling books....

Can see this one not eventuating

By the way, this prophecy has been added to the ATS bad prediction/ prophecy almanac thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 8/3/2009 by OzWeatherman]

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
For what it's worth, Brad Wilkerson has never had problems selling books before, so I can't see him making fabrications to sell them now. He's usually a pretty upbeat cheerleader for God, in fact.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
ICK - the God judgment stuff.
Makes my skin crawl.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by awake_awoke

it is more and more signals comig from the churches.
look at the thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I read this article and originally patently dismissed it as a cook-fringe religious person. However, he does make an interesting case. Though, is it a "judgment from God"? I'll leave that to the theologians...

However, he is the latest in a growing high-profile movement that has generally accepted the fact that we are headed towards a tipping-point. His rhetoric makes it seem that this calamity is an inevitability and is already beginning.

So, what makes so many people putting their credibility on the line for such "extremes"? So... what makes an inevitability? A day? A week? A month? Vigilance is certainly called for.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Like, duh, of coarse the collapse is imminent. It has been a slow-motion train wreck for months, a frog boiling in water. I've been saying this for a while now and no one bothered to post my prediction...I am a woman of God after all.

I say to that pastor, in my best Lloyd Christmas voice, "yah think?"

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
To tell the truth this man is cashing out on the fact that Wal-Street is base in NY, he knows that if the economy collapse it will be upraising, panic and riots that Equals catastrophe.

He is betting that if that happens he will be able to claim that God told him so and that the situation will be the results of The evil ways of Americans.

I hate people like this that plans on issues that are obvious to be able to boost their personal agendas.

I can do predictions as good as him and I will not be taking money from any blind followers.

Wake up people this type of predictions will become a dozen for pennies as the economic situation gets worst.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Good, I'm stocking up on food for 30 days......pie and tequila

Can't be to careful....

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
Good, I'm stocking up on food for 30 days......pie and tequila

Can't be to careful....

I suggest investing heavily in eskimo pie.....

You will be a billionaire when the crash comes...

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   

"God is judging the raging sins of America and the nations," claims Wilkerson. "He is destroying the secular foundations." Wilkerson urges everyone to stockpile a 30-day supply of food and other necessities to deal with the catastrophe he foresees. "I do not know when these things will come to pass, but I know it is not far off," Wilkerson concluded in his message. "I have unburdened my soul to you. Do with the message as you choose."

It doesn't take a highly intellectual person -
or a person who "knows" God to make an assumption like this.
Anyone out of denial can see the writing on the wall.
It isn't being hidden.
The world as we know it is crumbling.
... perhaps we can finally build a better one.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I'm coming to your shelter

I'll bring a crate of Hershey bars. You know... to keep the energy up.

In all seriousness though... another charlatan trying to cash in on people's fear and gullibility.

Quick buy his books and God won't smite you with Manhattan fire.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by fooffstarr

What beer should I bring?

Im in favour of Tooheys Extra Dry?

I will also bring travel battleship

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
reply to post by fooffstarr

What beer should I bring?

Im in favour of Tooheys Extra Dry?

I will also bring travel battleship

...and travel scrabble?

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

Indeed, that seems to be the biographical information I picked up on this guy as well...
I found this article highlighted on DrudgeReport; perhaps the fact this pastor is usually quite upbeat is the reason Drudge found it to be newsworthy.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join