It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Famed Pastor Predicts Imminent Catastrophe

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
That pastor is an American right?
is this an increasing trend? Americans wishing for doom and destruction?
Across the Atlantic in Europe we could have a problem with that. Since this is the age of interlinked economies and every event has global consequences, I do not see why we should keep the old habits anymore. If America wishes to be a boat in distress and no captain sound enough in his mind can be found to navigate her out of trouble, I can very well feel much much safer when someone will propose to cut all the ropes connecting us with that troubled ship and let her drift to whichever course they feel chartering. We don't have to suffer along now do we?

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by burntheships

Sorry but everybody seems to be in need of money now a days, God and the churches made in his name needs money everyday or you forgot how much money churches collect for God?

why does god need money again?? remind me!

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Since we are into prophetic dreams I will share mine that I have had several times.

I was at my moms house in the front yard and everyone was going crazy becasue the sky was filled with what appeared to be UFO's, alien ships or some type of advanced aircraft. It appeared taht everyone was frightned at what was going on except for me. I distinctly remember from the dream not being afraid because I knew what I was seeing was not real.

This dreams ties heavily into a lot of things that you may read here on ATS such as Alien, what do they call it, Oh yeah, disclosure. You may also remmebr many threads regarding government programs and study into holograms etc.

I read in an earlier post about christians not knowing what they would do when the alien disclosure comes to light. Well my take on this is that there are many many out there that don't believe in GOD or Jesus but believe that the Aliens will make their presence known to man.

It is my opinion based on my own experiances, research and beliefs that a disclosure regarding ET's may indeed come however this will be a deception to get the world to join together and follow a false religion and or leader.

One last thought, well maybe 2........

Many christians out there believe that they are going to be raptured before TSHTF. I don't think this is correct and I think they are not seeing correctly. I believe in the rapture but I also believe that christians have been decieved into a false sense of security regarding the end times. Christians are in for a rough time they better get ready becasue it's going to be a test of their character and beliefs. I wonder how many will stray and follow the anichrist when their rapture doesn't occur before TSHTF.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Free4Ever2

God doesn't need money. Man needs money to support the works of GOD. The problem with your statement is that all too often many people take advantage of this and make it about money. All too many times in teh media we hear about these fake teachers or fake evangelicals that are only in it for the money. AS this is too often true do not let the few bad apples decieve you into believing that all of religion is greedy and out for themselves. Do your own research and look into many of the good things that are being done with money that is donated to your local churches and other similar organizations.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Free4Ever2

He need money so the people that manage the money in his name can live the life of luxury, give a freaking break, I has been around longer than you can imagine.

Religion is a mulitibillion empire.

I imagine that with the financial crisis salvation has gotten mighty expensive.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
He knows full well that there are a lot of people who want something like this to happen. And if it does, I hope he is held partially accountable for being so irresponsible.

I'm confused by your opinion, Space Doubt. Let's assume for a moment this man truly did receive a message from God and the prophecy proves itself to be accurate in 2 month's time. Just for argument's sake.

A terrorist attack, a revolution against the government, an invasion, etc. Whatever is the cause of this, let's say it comes to pass.

Why would you want to hold him accountable and accuse him of being 'irresponsible?'

What is most confusing about your statement is that you would not wish to hold him accountable if he is wrong (thereby creating needless incitement) but if he is correct. Then would he not be a hero of sorts for warning the people?

Your view is similar to suing the good Samaritan in my opinion. Again, assuming he is correct- not assuming he is wrong.

On a personal note, this is why I always hesitate giving 'a word' to people when I see something in advance. I generally just keep my mouth shut. I suppose that is why what you said caught my eye. Giving a word to someone is extremely difficult. Announcing something like this to a nation takes extreme guts. Assuming he is being honest. Since you made no comment about him issuing knowingly false statements and focused on him being held responsible if correct.

If it is accurate, like you base your possible scenario, then he possible saved the lives of those who heeded his warning. Why hold him responsible?

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

The problems is that this predictions has been going around for a long time even before this so call pastor got his prophetic message from god.

So why he is different or even special because he said that God told him so?

That is baloney.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
David Wilkerson is one of the only pastors I have ever fully trusted and believed to be a true man of God. He is not out for publicity or to seek monetary gain. I am going to take heed to what the Holy Spirit has told him and prepare. What is the worst that can happen? I have an extra 30 day supply of food. Please if you have time research about David Wilkerson and the ministry he runs for troubled teens in his city and across America. He truly is the real deal....

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I really don't want to get into the ins-and-outs of the accuracy of the prophecy or his 'specialness.' You're absolutely correct in the sense that stockpiling advice is issued all the time and rumors of attacks are issued a dime a dozen. But it's silly at this time to get into the veracity of his claims since only time will tell.

My main concern dealt with a specific comment from someone wanting to hold a watchman accountable in the event he is correct. I generally do not place much interest in personal predictions by individuals so I don't wish to come to the defense of this man today. There's no way to know as there have been so many bogus claims in the past.

My curiosity and interest in this thread stems no further than SD's comment. Feel free to hash out the generalities of this topic. Just don't suck me into it. It seems odd to me for holding someone accountable who is correct and possibly saves lives.

Whether or not he is doing this for money, if he is special, how many times this has been predicted before, etc. is not something piquing my curiosity at the moment since I take most predictions with a grain of salt.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

My friend for about a year this board had been keeping up to day with what is going on in this nation.

We even have a forum dedicated to survival. So that is common sense if you are worry about what can happen in the future.

No only you have to save on food, but be sure that you supply yourself with a good fire arm for those times that you may need to chose between your life or that of someone that will have not regrets taking yours away.

And no I am not trying to get you into any contest of will.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
Anyone else notice that the only prophecies these days that come true, are revealed after the event?

Not the Biblical ones.

It's a fascinating subject. Most of the end times prophecies were explained and investigated a century ago (and we're still progressing in our knowledge of them). So we know what to look for with accuracy instead of the accusations that they're so vague they could mean anything and only be interpreted post-fulfillment. Just wanted to point that out. I don't want to derail the thread on Biblical prophecy but it is fascinating.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
My friend for about a year this board had been keeping up to day with what is going on in this nation.

You don't say? You're preaching to the ATS addicted choir.

Again, my post was directed to SD and did not relate to the distraction you are addressing with me. Yes, survivalism is in full swing at the moment. Yes, it is a popular ATS subject. Yes, for the last year we have been watching national events closely and more recently, signs of unrest. Very true. But still not what I am interested in at the moment. I'm not sure what discussion you are trying to get me involved in or why.

[edit on 3/9/2009 by AshleyD]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
If TSHTF and Marshall Law is enacted, who knows that or if we will even be able to get to a grocery store, and IF you do, who knows that any food will be left (due to mass panic/buying).

A couple month's worth of rice, beans, salt, water, snack bars, canned foods can always be used a year from now if you don't need them sooner. I've been buying up a few things here and there and it's not like this particular article in itself is convincing it's just the whole world-in-chaos that seems to have no end in sight, and I've just decided to get more serious.

[edit on 9-3-2009 by Bombeni]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I would love to see him post some of his predictions on ATS. lol

We would collectively hand his hat to him.

I understand things will get bad, but we don't need someone to preach about it.

It's sad that people can't see the writing on the wall, unless someone mixes the word "God" in. And calls it a prediction or word from God.

God says there is major chaos coming.

Now take my last sentence and the word God, replace it with the Media, News, internet, ATS, etc........

We are all God.

[edit on 9-3-2009 by Realtruth]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Just another religous pastor wanting a little more fame. I understand that maybe in his mind and heart God really did tell him to get this out. I also beleive God wants us to always be prepared no matter what circumstance.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
Quite honestly, I can't believe the reactions of ATS'ers to this story.
Is this the same ATS where members have posted HUNDREDS of new threads in the last month or so, about people taking to the streets, peasants with pitchforks, overthrowing the governments of the world, troops being trained for civilian unrest, FEMA camps, and the list goes on...?
ATS's have been saying this en mass for months now, so when someone else says basically the same thing, they act surprised.
So let me get this straight. The person is a pastor, so as a religious leader, he CAN'T say what you've all been saying for months?

I never heard of this guy before, but it sounds like he's just putting two and two together.

Who here DOESN'T think we're headed to civil unrest, massive demonstrations, some of which may get out of hand, and troops being called out to respond to these events?

EXACTLY! You put the finger right o the spot. There is a hypocrisy going on, when regarding how people treat religious people, that is very unfortunate. If a Priest or a Pastor goes out with a warning, he gets met with mockings and prejudices based solely on his beliefs and orientation of religion. If a "Truthsayer" states the same thing, he/she gets honoured and everyone is spreading his word.

Yes, there are a lot of bad religious people, but there are alot of good religious people too.

[edit on 9-3-2009 by Nightchild]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Nightchild

Exactly! How about the book "The Da Vince Code"? Scores of people believe all the diabolical crap written in it to be the undeniable truth (when even the very author of the book said it is a novel!) but quote from the Bible to those same people and they call it a fairy tale!

Thanks for posting that, you were right on.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

So true.

However, I'm trying to hold off on using my 'mocked theist' card just yet being that just about every prediction in this forum is mocked in some way, almost always brutally. lol

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
reply to post by Common Good

Actually, my comments were not directed at any one individual, but to the general gist of what had been said in the thread by many.

Personally, although I am a Christian, I don't believe in prophecy regarding the "end times". Matthew 25:13 is very clear. Christ said "You will neither know the day nor the hour".
Although I do agree with part of what you said about community, etc. I believe that ATS'ers have to call it as they see it, even if it is not a rosy outlook. Otherwise, we become nothing but propagandists, not unlike Joseph Goebbels.

A lot of the prophecy in the Bible has two fulfillments. In Matthew 24, Mark 13, and Luke 21 all speak about the 2nd Temple of Jerusalem and how the Temple will be destroyed, with one stone not left standing on the other. The first fulfillment happened in 70 AD, but the second fulfillment is still to come.

You are right about the day and the hour, but that doesn't mean we won't know the year. Jesus did say we would know the season, using the fig tree as the example. The fig tree is usually used as an example for Israel. Israel is God's time clock.

Jesus said this generation, not His generation, but the generation alive during the period of His second coming that saw all the signs he gave (and that saw Israel growing like the fig tree, and miraculously it came about in a day when the Israeli Declaration of Independence was signed on May 15, 1948) would not all pass away before He comes again. The last statement of what is considered to be a generation in the Bible in Psalms, by David, is three score and ten, or 70 YEARS, figure it out.

(Or, at least, that's how I take it. There are plenty of different interpretations, the point is to be watching and paying attention to the signs of the times, so we will not be surprised by His return. But, we can have a general idea of the time frame, He wants us to.)

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
who cares hes a pastor is the op trying to fluff him up to be a modern day nostradomus. This is classic fear mongering...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join