It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox Admits To Planting Political Brainwashing In Popular TV Shows

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Okay folks, what part of disinformation do you not get? Supposedly, Fox network, along with ABC, NBC!, and CBS, have been inserting messages about Global Warming(read "climate change") into their programming. Let's assume they are really doing this.
Fox news is the ONLY NEWS CHANNEL that routinely reports that global tempratures have been falling for the last four to five years and that scientists expect it to continue for another 30-50 years! Something isn't passing the smell test here. What is the REAL agenda?

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

It's no surprise that they all do this. Nearly every show on NBS CBS or ABC does the same thing. The entertainment industry is run by the left. Rupert Murdoch is a liberal, he has just found a way to make money by having the only conservative leaning news channel.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
really..... its about time that they admit to brain washing because, honestly the news that they broadcast isnt exactly news. yea this might be a little off topic but i know what your talking about with brainwashing. and also the things that they talk about as "news" isnt exactly "news" to us.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by themaster1
I think it's the latter and i think it's frightening and i also think someone should sue them since they made it clear they're proud of it with their video.

Good point(and great avatar)

This film interviews the heads of the various media conglomerates and explains how they've been doing it for years.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
We all now live in an 'agenda driven mediocracy'-anyone who doesn't think so is wilfully ignorant or delusional.
Cheers.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Uh, anyone who's questioning the veracity of this based on how FOX News is aligned against the liberal bias of other networks clearly hasn't watched many programs on Fox's network channel. (My God, I am about to defend an Alex Jones's article... I'm going to hate myself for awhile for this)

The vast majority of Fox's programming is extraordinarily leftist leaning. Simpsons are unappologetically pro-liberal with most storylines, with the show's "dummy" Homer being the only one who ever really leans conservative. (Also, don't think I've seen anyone mention that Groening supplied an animation segment for Al Gore's little propaganda piece, An Inconvenient (Gore's dimentia version of) Truth) Family Guy bashes virtually all things conservative and really ripped Bush numerous times. (I stopped watching them last year, because it seemed like every show had essentially degenerated into conservative bash sprinkled with beastiality and pedophile based humor). American Dad is blatent in its conservative bashing as well.

American Idol I do not watch, but I know Abdul and Jackson are both vocal Bush critics and supported Obama. Unfortunately (scratch that... FORTUNATELY) I don't really watch much TV outside of Ghost Hunters and sports anymore. I have never seen Prison Break, House, 24, Lost, or any of Fox's other shows from the last 5 or 6 years. However, from my childhood I would say that programs like X-Files, Millenium, and Brimstone approached political situations with a "leftist totalitarian rule/globalist agenda: good, right wing totalitarian rule/globalist agenda: Bad!" stance.

Just my 2 cents. I realize arguments like this are akin to pissing against the wind, however, because the left has been programmed to despise FOX News. No big whoop, really.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
My questions is does this shed any light on the other thread asking folks which is worse, fox or cnn?

Actually, they are both evil. I'd be willing to bet it all that CNN uses the same crap.
In fact, Murdoch's confession actually furthers his cause when he uses one of his paid spin-meistros to defend it by saying that we need to do this for the benefit of the people.

To answer the OPs question, it is the latter. They know they can say this stuff now because the American people are too damned stupid to realize the implications. And they laugh all the harder.

I don't watch TV unless I'm watching my Razorbacks play Basketball or Football.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
hey its not bad....

have a look at the video. IT's just trying to get every to go greener. How is that a bad thing?

vids.myspace.com... d=47149952

[edit on 6-3-2009 by DaRAGE]

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by kettlebellysmith
Okay folks, what part of disinformation do you not get? Supposedly, Fox network, along with ABC, NBC!, and CBS, have been inserting messages about Global Warming(read "climate change") into their programming. Let's assume they are really doing this.
Fox news is the ONLY NEWS CHANNEL that routinely reports that global tempratures have been falling for the last four to five years and that scientists expect it to continue for another 30-50 years! Something isn't passing the smell test here. What is the REAL agenda?

It's not that they don't report it, they just don't report all the News.
Did they omit a small bit of news that the Earth Magnetic field has been
weakening or We have left a time when sun-spot activity was high.
Did they report any correlation between sun-spots and temperatures.
What about Solar Ejections and Temperatures were they reported.

I'm sure their reason was something like, we didn't want to panic the
Population.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by DaRAGE

If you don't understand why people have a problem with this situation, you haven't read the thread with any comprehension. Sorry to be rude, but good lord.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by kettlebellysmith
Funny that Murdoch would admit to inserting warnings about global warming, when, on Fox News the pundits routinely scoff at global warming, and in fact, point out the trends toward global cooling.
I seem to detect some cognitive disonance here. Or would schizophrenia be a better term.
(By the way, if you don't think the other networks are doing the same thing, then you ain't watchin' tv.)
There is no proof, by the way, that subliminal programming works. It didn't help me lose weight, and my name ain't kettlebelly for no reason! lol

[edit on 6-3-2009 by kettlebellysmith]

Yeah, it does seem like cognitive dissonance here...

But dont you think that FOX news and associates (Friends) REALIZE how uninfluential they are, and how FEW people really believe them?

If you are NOT a credible source of information, and you KNOW that people KNOW this... then would not the best plan of attack be to use Reverse psychology to further get your message across?

Makes you rethink the WHOLE truth movement, don't it?

-Edrick

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Oh my GOD. the FOX is admitting to being in the hen house! Whatever shall we do? *Snip*
[edit on 6-3-2009 by SphinxMontreal]

Edit to remove drug reference

[edit on 3/7/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by skeptic_al

I will readily admit that Fox News doesn't do much in the way of scientific reporting. It's an area where they really fall down. Fox needs to pull back on the economy and spend a little more time on global cooing, magnetic pole shift, and ozone thinning. I think CNN has Fox beat in this area.
But I can hope.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I think as for the fox news station, it depends on which show or hour of news you are watching. Some downplay global warming and some do not. They are some really tricky folks. My 2 cents

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
So let me get this right, FOX reports brainwashing the public into believing in Global Warming. I read a report that the sun is actually producing more energy and causing the solar system to get hotter and that of course includes good Ol Earth. Its a natural event and we have no control over it. Hmmmmm

Therefore getting the people to believe in Global Warming, has an agenda not consistent with scientific evidence. It never had anything to do with Co2 but everything to do with a carbon tax. Fox is simply admitting that people are sheeple and can be fed any load of disinfo and they will buy it. Where does FOX fit in all of this, follow the money. BTW, they have gone so far as to blame sheep belching and cows braking the wind for "Global Warming"
. Give me a brake :shk:

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I feel sorry for people that look to FOX news as a legitimate source of information when it is merely a soapbox for the right packaged as "fair and balanced" news.

I think FOX's viewers that hold similar views like the network because it just caters to thier opinions and that is all they want to hear. Even if it is a one-sided.

Originally posted by Zepherian
Didn't you get the memo? It's global climate change now. Global warming was having a hard time getting accepted because it was so cold.

The theory isn't disproved by a cold day.
You're thinking "weather" and not "climate".

Global warming by definition is climate change.
If the theory is correct that doesn't mean there will never be a cold day.

It means there will be even colder days in some places, as well as other bizarre weather conditions.

If they change the name, its because the public at large was too ignorant to understand it and so it must be dumbed down.

- Lee

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
So Fox inserts political information into their shows? So what? Other networks have been doing this for years. Shows like MAD TV, Saturday Night Live, and the Daily Show, have a distinctly political bias and have for decades. Why has nobody complained? Why have we not been completely "brainwashed" by this?

Not only do television shows insert political messages, movies do it too! OMG! We're all being brainwashed! Get real.

I am one person who does not take his political opinions from TV and movie characters. I am sure that I am not alone.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
So Fox admits to placing items of agenda in their popular shows. And this is surprising? Why? Hollywood has been doing this for years. Mostly this has been done for liberal agendas in recent decades, but Fox is evil for participating in what Hollywood has almost always done.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Global warming is a non-issue. I am not big on conspiracies, but I do believe global warming is hyped up in order to eclipse other more important issues. Anytime there is a 'huge' issue it is subject to just being a diversion. And, honestly, global warming is one of the most guilty.

By Fox arguing both sides, that can claim they are both unbias and encourage mindless arguement about a non-issue.

[edit on 3/6/2009 by ragman]

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity

Although it's no surprise that Fox does this, what is surprising is how easily they are admitting it now. If they're admitting it so readily at this point, does that mean something is happening so soon that it does not matter anymore, or do they just think the public is too "brainwashed" to notice or care what they say?

www.infowars.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Yes and Yes.

The handwriting is on the wall. Their disdain for us is so great that they can not stomach even trying to pretend anymore.

Even your government is telling you to get ready.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by lee anoma
I feel sorry for people that look to FOX news as a legitimate source of information when it is merely a soapbox for the right packaged as "fair and balanced" news.

I think FOX's viewers that hold similar views like the network because it just caters to thier opinions and that is all they want to hear. Even if it is a one-sided.

Originally posted by Zepherian
Didn't you get the memo? It's global climate change now. Global warming was having a hard time getting accepted because it was so cold.

The theory isn't disproved by a cold day.
You're thinking "weather" and not "climate".

Global warming by definition is climate change.
If the theory is correct that doesn't mean there will never be a cold day.

It means there will be even colder days in some places, as well as other bizarre weather conditions.

If they change the name, its because the public at large was too ignorant to understand it and so it must be dumbed down.

- Lee

i think viewers of cnn,msnbc,abc,cbs watch them cause they as you said want a one side viewpoint as well when news stations ,anchors kiss up to a sitting president and doesnt question anything he does to me thats not credible news station

its your civic duty to be critcal of every leader our country has.

[edit on 6-3-2009 by neo67]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join