It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox Admits To Planting Political Brainwashing In Popular TV Shows

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by DaRAGE

It is funny that you mention that.

"How-ever it's not like they are doing subliminal messaging."

I completely disagree. In fact, I have SEEN IT.
Shortly after Hurricane Katrina, I was watching a golf tournament with a friend of mine on his crappy rabbit ears reception.
To our amazement, we could SEE their messaging scrolling in the background...
Things like "Katrina... Death... Send Money..."

Over and over and over. Different messages, always scrolling.
I don't expect you to believe me, but it was there. We had multiple witnesses to this.

I wish I had been a member of this site then and had my camera trained to the TV, as my thread on it would STILL be active to this day. And maybe then people like you would start to open their eyes.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Jay-in-AR

To our amazement, we could SEE their messaging scrolling in the background...
Things like "Katrina... Death... Send Money..."

Not to burst your bubble, but being of a generation quite familiar with "rabbit ears" it was not uncommon for programming of nearby stations to bleed into the one you were watching. The info scrolling accross your golf match could have been something being broadcast on a close frequency.

This does not mean brainwashing doesn't exist. It surely does, and in very sophisticated ways across all media.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

You automatically assume the Fox story is anti AGW. You didn't watch the video, read the post or understand any of the above.

The "message" discussed is PRO AGW!

Makes me wonder just how many ATS members are brainwashed by the MSM, or each other, to automatically assume Fox has a certain position without even seeing for themselves what that position is!

Deny ignorance.

jw

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

"Infowars" and "Associated Content" as sources? Why not cite ATS as a source? Blogs cannot support any argument; they ARE arguments!

If the story is true (I've seen the 'video', not really a smoking gun, is it?), then Fox has joined the practice GE, ABC, NBC and CBS have followed for years.

Or have you been "brainwashed" not to notice or know that you believe what they want you to?

Deny Ignorance!

jw

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Jay-in-AR

Maybe you don't understand what "subliminal" means. If it was subliminal, you WOULN'T see it. That's the whole point, no?

deny ignorance.

jw

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by jdub297
Maybe you don't understand what "subliminal" means. If it was subliminal, you WOULN'T see it. That's the whole point, no?

Not necessarily. I think there has to be something there for the mind to 'see'. I've seen subliminal messaging in a print ad but only when I turned my head sideways. Don't know how that works but it was there nonetheless.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
yea we all know brainwashing is only good in every film release. liberal brainwashing is in almost every film you watch. smarten up.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Nonetheless, ANIMATION DOMINATION is on tonite on FOX, I love that title, just putting it in our faces. Animation is so easily manipulated and get away with the most outragous of things that no live acting, real person television show ever could. Its been going on for YEARS, disney was a bad man.....

simpsons
family guy
king of the hill
american dad

Most people 10-21 and above/below (but I would say thats the target audience) will be watching this faithfully tonite, and the sundays to follow....

Entertaining, YES VERRY! What they talk about and condition our minds to accepting/relating to as normal, VERRRY SCARRYY. Sorry for the caps I just think they get a point across, haha

[edit on 8-3-2009 by unknown known]

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity

Although it's no surprise that Fox does this, what is surprising is how easily they are admitting it now. If they're admitting it so readily at this point, does that mean something is happening so soon that it does not matter anymore, or do they just think the public is too "brainwashed" to notice or care about what they say?

www.infowars.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 3/7/2009 by SonicInfinity]

You could relate this back to the "FOX - Breaking News" of Mexico declaring Matrial Law, but I am also lead to think that something is happening soon like you stated. Though there is a vast amount of possibilities on why they would say such a thing.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Donuts..mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Wait no.. OK. Again I ask why is this only on InfoWars and not elsewhere. I have to admit I'm not a huge fan of Fox programming , although i have been a Simpsons fan since the 80's, and Futurama after that, why is it only Fox that's being targeted as the network doing this, and yes I've read all the posts so I know where the source material is coming from, but it stands to reason if Fox is up to something like this, the others are all too.

Is it time to grab out tinfoil hats and magic zappers again?

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Good find, OP.

Unfortunately, although the admission is [partially] new, the actual act itself of using television and movies to spread agendas is not. I say 'partially' because there was advanced warning back in the 70's by groups who vowed to use television/media as a means to spread their propaganda.

But the act itself is widespread and has been around for a while. Watch some sit-coms (not limited to Fox) and pay close attention. Goodness, I've seen it in children's programming on channels like Nickelodeon and Disney when I preview my son's shows.

Lots of 'one world' material in children's programming. There is even a song played repeatedly on Disney that goes something like, 'One world. One choice. One voice...' On Nickelodeon, they have special segments on Obama every half hour to an hour between shows and during commercial breaks.

You'll see commercials even on Nik and Disney where the white male child is the stupid, inept child of the bunch or the loser on the team while the other children far surpass him. And this isn't popular to point out but there are obvious homosexual roles in new children's shows.

The news segments on Nik all have a liberal persuasion. Pay special attention to the 'their culture is better than our American culture' programming.

Sorry to reference those more than anything else but those are the ones I watch the most. However, if I can come up with that many examples just from those 'innocent' channels, it doesn't take much brain power to see how far it goes into adult programming as well. There are some links I'd like to provide to back up what I'm saying but they are rather un P.C.

The brainwashing is apparent while watching 15 minutes of any show/commercials and agendas were mentioned in advance in some cases that the media would be used to influence the people.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by unknown known
reply to post by TheAgentNineteen

Yea I think we are on the same page? We are seeing more EXTREMES, we will be seeing more intense weather systems, volcanoes, tornadoes, avalanches, hurricanes, earthquakes, etc, etc, etc. **Not to steer this topic too far off its course, but all of this coinciding, I believe, with the 2012 date. We are going to see some extremes, we ARE seeing extremes**.

No offense but we have no idea what the weather was like 200 years ago let alone 1000-100000000 years ago. There could have been very intense weather systems, torndos, hurricanes, earthquakes, etc.. 130+ years of recorded weather doesnt really show us anything, especially seeing how old this planet is. As far as we know this could be the calmest 2000 years of weather ever

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by tide88

I didnt say we had any idea what the weather has been like 200 years ago

I'm talking in recent past there has been abnormal weather phenomena. Spain had 50 cm of snow this year...Spain doesn't get snow, well Madrid but thats northern Madrid.

Anyways!, the point IS that the weather patterns are not normal compared to what we know.

[edit on 9-3-2009 by unknown known]

[edit on 9-3-2009 by unknown known]

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Everybody, everywhere, always (I think that about covers it, lol) tries to influence the opinions of others towards their own way of thinking.

We all do it, in as subtle a way as possible usually, because we all know that everyone hates to be preached to or forced into any point of view. So we don't want to raise someone's ire and lose our goal.

Brainwashing is a special thing. It seeks to totally redo your beliefs. It is what cults and many religions try to do. Its what extreme talk show hosts and political parties and corrupt governments try to do.

Its also done in a manner that subverts your defenses one way or another. What goes on in the average commercial tv program is more like sucking up to a demographic or subtle influence to buy something than outright brainwashing.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Actually, I have found Fox to be a leader of global warming skepticism. a refreshing change from the MSM theme of unrelenting DOOM due to the bogus threat of man-made CO2 emissions.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
How is it a 'subliminal message' when the actors on 24 are shown in a PSA about saving energy during commercial breaks?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join