It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox Admits To Planting Political Brainwashing In Popular TV Shows

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
Really? Wow.

One does not need to resort to brainwashing to convey a message about an environmental or political issue. Then again, this does explain the people here on ATS who constantly deny global warming. Are they brainwashed by fox news? What about the Republicans who keep denying it?

I think this really deals a blow to the people arguing against global warming regulations. It really hurts their credibility.

Fox was conveying a message that global warming is real, so you arguement makes no sense. I watch prison break and think global warming is BS, so it must not work. And by global warming I think the fact they blame it on humans is BS. Obviously it is real, just isnt caused by humans. Hell the earth was warmer 10,000 years ago and there werent are carbon emissions caused by humans back then.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder

Originally posted by audas
To all those who deny -

oh hark at him "those who deny", those who deny what, predictions into the future some 50 to 100 years?!?

Or those who deny that climate can change, and may be influenced by man, but it may be largely insiginificant in the grand scheme of things

How arrogant can one peson be, so typical of those in the thrall of this cult

Yeah only you thought of this, you are the only sane person to consider hat weather patterns may be part of the larger collective patterns of global fluctuations - year right champ. OF course this is considered, and has been at the forefront of the research, the point is that all things considered this is the reality - even with huge fluctuations in global temperatures and patterns we are still able to consider the implications derived from human activity which is causing fluctuations outside of the long term trends -

We are seeing a stable fluctuating pattern which has occurred over millions of years being altered outside its normal fluctuation range. Do you think for one second that scientists have not considered the heat range from 5, 10 or even a hundred thousand years ag and realised that things fluctuate ?

How moronic.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   
It's all about ratings people! Further more, most shows are sold overseas and most European countries tend to lean more to the left and to the global climate change idea so their shows obviously sell better this way! Brainwashing does not work unless you're inclined to believe what they're trying to brain wash you with! so if you have a tendency to believe in the rapture, you will love the 700 club. if you're more inclined to believe in little green people you'll watch those shows, and so on.

Although I'm not denying the need to control the industry emissions of poisonous substances into the air/water/land, I'd hate to see ordinary citizens being taxed for their cars or their energy consumption while pollution will go on. but that's another topic...

Back to ratings. everybody does it! look at the latest Rush L. showdown with the dems. he's loving the attention that he's getting lately and as any good businessman he's banking on it!

So if i were a rich guy with enough money to open a cable news station what would I do? I'd open FOX *NEWS* which attracts conservatives (because the other cable news stations are obviously liberal leaning). Rupert is a businessman and does whatever it takes to make his bucks. Whatever people want to believe, he's supplying it - mostly liberal stuff for the regular over the air local FOX network viewers or the lunatic right views of Hannity & Co with FOX NEWS.

no news here, move on!

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

i dont know why this surprises anyone fox is the worst tv station out there, im surprised anyone even bothers to watch fox news anyway there the most biased news out there. Heres a tip dont bother watching them...

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
So Murdoch is not a dumb ass. He actually knows what he is doing. The smartypants comedy shows are geared to a demographic that likes to hear about global warming and so the content is in there to make them happy.
The news is geared to a right wing demographic and so they put stuff in there to please them.

Yes, these are opposite groups but Murdoch makes money off of both of them. Whats the surprise? His agenda is neither right wing, left wing, nor issue based. It is about money and he knows how to do that well.

Brainwashing is as integral to tv as it is to the classroom, and it has always been that way. Fox did not start it, and is in no way alone in this. They all do this all the time.

I'm glad they (Fox) admit it. That's one for them, anyway.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Hypnosis is a powerful element of Ever day life, and all it is is a method of exploiting the unconscious mind with trivial data. Taking that data and linking to another strand and voila it remains in the memory for later analysis. The trick is exploiting these memory functions. Thats where a Hypnotists gets his power. I am Master Hypnotist and I can hypnotize anyone simply by reading something I wrote. If You don't believe me, I will give an example but I dare say you probably wont remember. For some reason the conscious mind is programmed to forget hypnosis all together and hides the fact that one is being hypnotized. Only the subconscious mind is aware of it going on, and more often than not you are not consciously aware of it, it causes amnesia. YUo know this to be true.
Yes I did add a little NLP/hypnosis in this post, YUo know this to be true, Don't you?

See your subconsious mind agrees with me because U know it to be true. Ding Hypnotized

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Their company.
Their shows.
Their agenda.
To think they don’t have one (an agenda) is a bit naive wouldn’t you say.
Why such a big deal they come right out and admit it?
Like in admitting the obvious we’re going to give them kudos and trust them from now on?
Ugh.
The people left shocked by this would be shocked by most anything I expect.

peace

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Jay-in-AR

Sure brainwashing is a bad thing. However, you are entitled to stop viewing those shows when you want. I believe the message they are conveying is good. How-ever it's not like they are doing subliminal messaging. They are just making the topic of global warming more talked about.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I hardly watch any television anymore. Since watching so little TV, I've noticed just how much other people are influenced by 'The Box'. Here in the UK, perhaps the only source of many peoples information is BBC News. While well produced, BBC News presents a sanitised populist view of the news, stopping short of really challenging the governmental status quo. The importance of the media in a democracy cannot be understated. In the Iraq invasion, the American media failed dismally to challenge the veracity and legality of the war - was 'shock and awe' for the Iraqi's or TV viewers back home?

The media is owned by big business. Journalism has become less about truth and reportage and more about delivery of the corporate message.

The answer? Stop watching. Bleed the advertising revenue dry. Make journalism honest again.

(Edited for typo)

[edit on 3/7/2009 by mithrawept]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
Then again, this does explain the people here on ATS who constantly deny global warming.

Well me personally I deny global warming based on the ICE CORE samples taken above Lake Vostok in Antarctica.

Like tree rings, ice cores do not lie... Since the last time Lake Vostok saw the light of day was 420,000 years ago the drill cores have given us a very accurate picture of the real temperatures on the planet for 415,000 years...

My recommendation? Buy parkas, a wood stove and lay in a supply of firewood

[edit on 7-3-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by kiddjay25

i dont know why this surprises anyone fox is the worst tv station out there, im surprised anyone even bothers to watch fox news anyway there the most biased news out there. Heres a tip dont bother watching them...

Evidently there are many who don't agree with you.

Associated Press - 02/26/09, The end of the presidential campaign hasn't meant the end of interest in cable news programming, particularly those shows that filter stories through the strong points of view of their hosts. Fox News Channel and MSNBC showed double-digit percentage increases in viewership on February, compared to the same month a year ago, according to Nielsen Media Research.

www.forbes.com...

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

So you believe the world will become frozen all over? I'm not being sarcastic I'm just wondering if thats what you believe?

Also Global Warming is the old term its now called 'Global Climate Change', warming was incorrect as GCC is drastic changes in temperature, why were are seeing wild winters in certain parts of the North American continent, why were are seeing really WARM periods when it should be -7 degrees celcius.

In Toronto, Canada it was 15 degrees when it should have been -7...

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by PammyK
I think as for the fox news station, it depends on which show or hour of news you are watching. Some downplay global warming and some do not. They are some really tricky folks. My 2 cents

I feel that it is not "Downplaying" which we are witnessing in that regard, but rather a presentation of the Opposing Argument per say.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by World4truth

Are you serious? Or did you find out what moms P/W is?

So what is your example of how to hypnotize someone by reading something, what exactly do you think you conveyed (secretly) through your post?

[edit on 7-3-2009 by unknown known]

[edit on 7-3-2009 by unknown known]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by unknown known
reply to post by zorgon

So you believe the world will become frozen all over? I'm not being sarcastic I'm just wondering if thats what you believe?

Also Global Warming is the old term its now called 'Global Climate Change', warming was incorrect as GCC is drastic changes in temperature, why were are seeing wild winters in certain parts of the North American continent, why were are seeing really WARM periods when it should be -7 degrees celcius.

In Toronto, Canada it was 15 degrees when it should have been -7...

They changed the term to "Climate Change", because they realized that a Warming of the Planet as a whole was NOT taking place in the manner in which they originally perceived.

By parsing the language to read something as ludicrously vague as that of "Climate Change", the "Anthropogenic Global Warming" advocates have now covered all of their bases.

In other words, it matters little what truly occurs, because they can now claim to be correct in their "theories" regardless of the outcome.

I assure you that a Warm Day or two in the Winter is completely Normal, no matter your Latitude. Even Fairbanks, AK saw a "Record High" of 40 Degrees Fahrenheit this past January, yet, the week afterwards they hit a "Record Low" of -80 Degrees Fahrenheit Below Zero. Most of their Winter has been MUCH Colder than Normal, and yet they still witnessed a relatively Warm day or two. I live in the Middle Atlantic Region, and we have had Days in January where it can hit 70 Degrees Fahrenheit, even when I was a child 20 Years Ago, then within a Day or Two the Highs can be straining to simply exceed 20 Degrees Fahrenheit.

The Climate is ALWAYS Fluctuating, it is NEVER Static. That is the falsehood which many of these "Anthropogenic Global Warming" advocates take complete advantage of.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAgentNineteen

Yea I think we are on the same page? We are seeing more EXTREMES, we will be seeing more intense weather systems, volcanoes, tornadoes, avalanches, hurricanes, earthquakes, etc, etc, etc. **Not to steer this topic too far off its course, but all of this coinciding, I believe, with the 2012 date. We are going to see some extremes, we ARE seeing extremes**.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
Their company.
Their shows.
Their agenda.
To think they don’t have one (an agenda) is a bit naive wouldn’t you say.
Why such a big deal they come right out and admit it?
Like in admitting the obvious we’re going to give them kudos and trust them from now on?
Ugh.
The people left shocked by this would be shocked by most anything I expect.

peace

It's a big deal that Murdoch came out and admitted it because it indicates that the elite no longer fear the public's reaction to such things. It means that they believe that they have so consolidated power as to make any amount of outrage by us useless eaters of no effect. They now believe that they can't be stopped, and so they're coming out of the closet.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Explanation:

Google Video Link

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
If people haven't realized by now that the Al Gore push for action against *whatever he wants to call it on any given day* is a marketing scheme, they are hopeless.

Nobel Peace Prize my ass.

You know, it is a shame that our sciences have become as heavily politicized as they are.
Oh well, that reset button will be hit on humanity any day now.

They are calling for a tax on the air you breathe, people.

It is a shame considering the fact that Al Gore EXEMPLIFIES wasteful living with his 2,500 dollar PER MONTH electric bill.
Keep buying their BS until it becomes the death of you.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
its a shame that the only people who will read this will be the same ones who were already aware of it. the people (sheeple) that need to see it never will

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join