It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox Admits To Planting Political Brainwashing In Popular TV Shows

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Fox Admits To Planting Political Brainwashing In Popular TV Shows

www.infowars.com

Rupert Murdoch’s Twentieth Century Fox corporation has admitted to planting political brainwashing within its globally popular TV shows and indeed boasts that it is proud of the fact.

A corporate video currently being showcased on another part of Murdoch’s media empire, MySpace.com, shows Fox executives and stars of its universally recognized shows bragging about how they use the platform of hit shows that are broadcast globally to implant messages about the supposed threat of global warming.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Although it's no surprise that Fox does this, what is surprising is how easily they are admitting it now. If they're admitting it so readily at this point, does that mean something is happening so soon that it does not matter anymore, or do they just think the public is too "brainwashed" to notice or care about what they say?

www.infowars.com

[edit on 3/7/2009 by SonicInfinity]

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity

Although it's no surprise that Fox does this, what is surprising is how easily they are admitting it now. If they're admitting it so readily at this point, does that mean something is happening so soon that it does not matter anymore, or do they just think the public is too "brainwashed" to notice or care what they say?

www.infowars.com

I think it's the latter and i think it's frightening and i also think someone should sue them since they made it clear they're proud of it with their video.
They've confessed an offence... time to get your money peeps
(and make your world better eventually)

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Really? Wow.

One does not need to resort to brainwashing to convey a message about an environmental or political issue. Then again, this does explain the people here on ATS who constantly deny global warming. Are they brainwashed by fox news? What about the Republicans who keep denying it?

I think this really deals a blow to the people arguing against global warming regulations. It really hurts their credibility.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity
or do they just think the public is too "brainwashed" to notice or care what they say?

I think the above is likely the case. It is amazing how much even we here at ATS collectively know and suspect yet the machine that is modern society continues. The ever present need for stability and a sense of normalcy is the key, I think.

Great find...this thread should be flagged for exposure...

+6 more 
posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
Really? Wow.

One does not need to resort to brainwashing to convey a message about an environmental or political issue. Then again, this does explain the people here on ATS who constantly deny global warming. Are they brainwashed by fox news? What about the Republicans who keep denying it?

I think this really deals a blow to the people arguing against global warming regulations. It really hurts their credibility.

Didn't you get the memo? It's global climate change now. Global warming was having a hard time getting accepted because it was so cold.

Enjoy your life tax, may all your breaths be accounted for...

We do have environmental issues, global warming is not one of them. Desertification is. Deflorestation is. Heavy metal and plastic pollution is. Nuclear fall out and depleted uranium are. Chemtrail spraying is. There's a lot of issues out there that need to be resolved without me having to pay to breathe.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Nice find! S&F'd.

It's amazing that more people don't realize the implication... if they spoke truth, would they need to use subliminal and neuro-linguistic programming?

Sad, sad, sad.

I wish Groening's crew would have parodied this. At least we'd know they majority had been warned...

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I'm not surprised at all. This is good because those who were "skeptics" can now begin to realize what type of Nazi like society we live in.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Funny that Murdoch would admit to inserting warnings about global warming, when, on Fox News the pundits routinely scoff at global warming, and in fact, point out the trends toward global cooling.
I seem to detect some cognitive disonance here. Or would schizophrenia be a better term.
(By the way, if you don't think the other networks are doing the same thing, then you ain't watchin' tv.)
There is no proof, by the way, that subliminal programming works. It didn't help me lose weight, and my name ain't kettlebelly for no reason! lol

[edit on 6-3-2009 by kettlebellysmith]

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

Next time try reading.

In other words, Fox has embarked on a deliberate campaign, which could only have been done with the coordination of the script writers of each program, to force people to accept the pseudo-science of global warming by brainwashing them into accepting it as a reality. This has been achieved by weaving in messages about climate change and having popular characters in the TV shows embrace specific tenants of the global warming manifesto.

“The most powerful way we could communicate the commitment on behalf of our company, was to change the practices within the production, as well as work in a message about global warming, about environmental changes, about empowering people to take responsibilities,” states Fox chairman Dana Walden.

Basically, fox is trying to brainwash people into believing that Global warming and its "pseudo science" is REAL.

Literally blows your argument in your own face.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
If the Fox Network of Programs is supposedly pushing forth with subliminal messages in "Support of Global Warming", then why does the NEWS aspect of Fox typically display the Opposite side of this debate?

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Is there another source besides Infowars for this?
I mean the two haven't exactly gotten along for some time, so..

That said, I do believe this, and I'm not trying to trivialize it, and I'm sure it's not just on global warming as well.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Wikipedia on Carbon Tax

Its ok to tax the citizen in UK for the basic NEED to drive his vehicle but is there any serious tax imposed on power plants or other carbon emission factories?

While a direct tax should send a clear signal to the consumer, its use as an efficient mechanism to influence consumers' fuel use has been challenged in some areas:

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
It is somewhat liberating that a lot of the corruption and illness is being revealed but I am curious as to what the motives are.

There is always more going on. Only time will tell. Stay strong.

Be in peace, Live in Love.

EDIT: Keep those TV's off.

[edit on 6-3-2009 by Asmus]

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Really I care more about the folks who choose to believe in this crap or those folks who readily allow themselves to be taken in as opposed to fox news themselves. Sure im concerned about the misleading information they spread and I make so secret voicing out about it but ultimately we the people allow such propaganda groups as fox news to spread their lies.

Folks allow themselves to be taken in and thats half the problem already there. Why folks choose to believe this stuff, there are many reasons, most of them based on personal and cultural rather than actual political concern. Until people wake up to the garbage shows like fox news will continue to mislead and thats that.

As for the global warming aspect of it, whether or not fox news agrees with it we should realise its an important debate who ever is involved, lets not allow fix news and what not to clout our own opinions and concerns on the issue at hand.

[edit on 6-3-2009 by Southern Guardian]

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I just read the article myself, and made a thread here on ATS. Shame I didn't see this one.
The whole idea is quite scary

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

Rupert Murdoch is Jewish, and he used his companies news to promote
and support the Iraq War.

Duh

And ol' Numb Nuts and Cheney only watched Fox news, Gee I wonder why.

Gee, I wonder why, Fox never showed any news about Israel commiting
war crimes. Duh, I wonder why the white house was never aware of Israel
commiting war crimes.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
NO Wonder why all these idiots think Global Warming is real.. The Simpsons, King of the Hill, Family Guy, Prison Break - which are all loaded with messages about global warming and the need to do something about it.

Yeah... now I know why all these cartoon watching goofballs at work think Global Warming is an absolute reality and were all going to DIE! (NOTE: for those who didn't read the article but are posting replies, The story reports that Fox is deliberately pushing a pro-global warming agenda which makes sense since the only people sane who want to push carbon credits are paper traders and the finance sector... )

The means by which this “initiative” was carried out is then made clear by a plethora of clips from Fox’s most popular shows - the Simpsons, King of the Hill, Family Guy, Prison Break - which are all loaded with messages about global warming and the need to do something about it.

“What could we do on a practical level to start making a difference,” asks one executive before another answers, “The biggest thing we’ve done is inserting messages about the environment into some of our content.”

In other words, Fox has embarked on a deliberate campaign, which could only have been done with the coordination of the script writers of each program, to force people to accept the pseudo-science of global warming by brainwashing them into accepting it as a reality. This has been achieved by weaving in messages about climate change and having popular characters in the TV shows embrace specific tenants of the global warming manifesto.

[edit on 6-3-2009 by infolurker]

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Wow, this is certainly something. First off, how dumb are you to go and brag or "boast" about this. Just shows how corrupt the world is...

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
this is why i dont believe Co2 emissions cause global warming. Theyre pumping too much money into making us believe it. This makes me very suspisious especially how they are taxing people to go green, its just another way to make us part with our money.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join