It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very Strange "non-earthquake" Rattles So. Cal.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Just for the heck of it, I'm going to set up my little infrared video camera outside, pointing south towards where my brother-in-law is right now. It can only record for about a half hour, but I'll just let it run.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by blujay
And here's a snip from our local paper today:
www.santacruzsentinel.com...
"Our best guess is that it was a sonic boom from a jet off the coast," Gordon said. "That's all we can say scientifically."
[edit on 5-3-2009 by blujay]

That's funny! What is the range of a sonic boom? Because the area of the largest amount of 911 calls was in Orange County...Let me see...how far away is that again...OH yeah! About 400 miles!

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
While I was setting up the camera in front of my house, I heard a jet. Didn't sound out of the ordinary for this area, being so close to March, but it sounded far off. It could have been to the south where my brother-in-law is or it could've been at a very high altitude. To the north of where I am, is the old Norton Airforce Base but it's only used for commercial traffic now and it's flightpath doesn't normally come near us. It's along the same air corridor as Ontario Airport running east and west.

I just had a thought. Has anyone checked if there is an airshow coming up this weekend or next in SoCal? This same thing happened to me last year. I heard what sounded like a warzone outside all day as far as fighters flying very low and at high speeds. My dad emailed me to ask if I knew what was going on. I checked online and found that March's annual airshow was that coming weekend and some planes were just flying in while others, including the T-Birds were practicing there maneuvers right over my house.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by dneudecker

If you read my post on page 4, I commented on a huge amount of activity at Pendleton Tuesday afternoon. Now someone else said the same thing. I truly do NOT believe this is related because the Tuesday night incident has at least a 400 mile range on reports. Or is a sonic boom going to rattle windows 400 miles away? I really don't know...

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   

I don't really think an airshow would account for the increased sonic boom activity, if these are even sonic booms. The only local shows I can find coming up are in Yuma and El Centro next weekend.

SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA AREA AIRSHOWS

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Icarus Rising

I don't really think an airshow would account for the increased sonic boom activity, if these are even sonic booms. The only local shows I can find coming up are in Yuma and El Centro next weekend.

SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA AREA AIRSHOWS

Yeah, the only airshow nearby I found was El Centro.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
This thread has got me on edge now! I'm unemployed and my wife gave me a mile long "honeydew" list. I'm not going to get anything done today! lol!
Seriously though, just a few minutes ago, dogs all around my neighborhood started barking. I went outside and couldn't hear sirens, which aren't too common in our area, or an icecream truck. When I went out though, I noticed the sound of a plane. I happened to glance up and saw what appeared to be a larger plane leaving a short contrail heading west to east at a pretty high altitude. It looked like it was moving pretty fast but it didn't appear to be moving at a supersonic speed. Not sure, I've never seen a plane moving at a supersonic speed at a high altitude. I pointed the infrared at it. It should have gotten it but it might have been too far away to come across clearly on video. It's a cheap little camera. I looked at with the binoculars and it was difficult to see but judging by the altitude, it looked larger than a fighter.

Oops, forgot to mention that by the time the plane was well out view to the east, all the dogs stopped barking. Maybe a coincidence, I don't know.

[edit on 5-3-2009 by dneudecker]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Icarus Rising

I'll let you know if we have any sonic booms and windows rattling.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Funny thing is, most of the links posted that present the story by the media specifically state (mostly) that it was NOT a sonic boom.

I think one report tried to put that into play but that was what, 400 miles away?

edit for terminology mistake

[edit on 5-3-2009 by Rollinster]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
So something that's got me thinking:

Couldn't "they" have easily pawned this off as an earthquake, and all would be honkey dorey?

I'm actually surprised that no one has come up with an explanation just to easy people's mind, shut us up, or whatever.

Not sure what this means but I find it interesting.

ATS is always having to look past the BS explanation for occurrences, but the media is straight up saying "we have no idea!" Scares me a bit...

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rollinster
Funny thing is, most of the links posted that present the story by the media specifically state (mostly) that it was NOT a sonic boom.

I think one report tried to put that into play but that was what, 400 miles away?

edit for terminology mistake

[edit on 5-3-2009 by Rollinster]

I believe that's correct, and the three that we've heard about just this morning in the Inland Empire were all just rattling also and no sonic boom. One though did involve hearing a jet nearby.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iago18
reply to post by zerotensor

This does seem to be something that would fall in the neighborhood of that line of research, though HAARP does seem to be used to be a deus ex machina on these sort of things.

Yes, I am not drawing any conclusions here-- just presenting the data.

That said, it was my interest in a similar "mystery boom" many years ago which led me to investigate the very real geophysical technology which has been deployed on the planet. HAARP is only one component of a much larger, very complex system.

After discovering a host of glaring correlations between "glitches" in apparently unrelated geophysical data in the public domain, the government-sponsored sources of those data sets have acted to obfuscate and discontinue dissemination of new data. These actions by themselves have stoked my suspicion-- If the correlations I was investigating were truly spurious, then why was such focused action taken to "plug the leaks"?

[edit on 5-3-2009 by zerotensor]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
CERN? Maybe someone's playing with a particle XLR8R?

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Similar reports have been heard before in the recent past from people who live within a reasonable distance of one coastline or another (sometimes in North America, sometimes not), or a major waterway, in the recent case involving the Hudson river in New York state.

Is it possible, therefore, that the noises are due to major releases of thawing methane from the deep floors of oceans and major rivers? Some degree of aerial explosion has been reported by scientists before from these types of events, and not much in the way of residue would be noticed, until those who study the accumulation of methane in the upper atmosphere have a chance to report. They'd have to check fast, however, because atmospheric methane doesn't hang around for long.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
This might be a little off the lane, but has anyone heard anythign about any anti-supersonic boom aircraft testing?

Could this be a new type of aircraft that moves at hypersonic speeds and is able to reduce sonic boom effects? Almost like how UFO's are able to move at high speeds without ill- effects on the ground?

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Also, they mention that the one Tuesday night at 9:15pm off Dana Point and the one Wednesday morning off Monterey coast were almost exactly 12 hours apart.

12 Hours apart & 400 Miles apart. Sonic boom? More like drum beats.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   

I used to live in moreno valley.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by zerotensor
That said, it was my interest in a similar "mystery boom" many years ago which led me to investigate the very real geophysical technology which has been deployed on the planet. HAARP is only one component of a much larger, very complex system.

After discovering a host of glaring correlations between "glitches" in apparently unrelated geophysical data in the public domain, the government-sponsored sources of those data sets have acted to obfuscate and discontinue dissemination of new data. These actions by themselves have stoked my suspicion-- If the correlations I was investigating were truly spurious, then why was such focused action taken to "plug the leaks"?

Can you say more about both of the above?

PJ

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Shakesbeer

could it be one of the craft mentioned on the site below. stumbled across it the other day

www.bisbos.com...

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by manbird12000

check this site out
www.bisbos.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join