It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very Strange "non-earthquake" Rattles So. Cal.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by jenny52

Hi Jenny - not sure about the East-West building angle - is there a correlation you're suggesting here? In my case, my house is aligned along a northeast-southwest direction and the rattling was fairly uniform across all exterior walls regardless of their respective orthogonal orientation - it came more like a wave from above than from the ground below or from any one compass direction.

Here's a cross post, for the benefit of all that may shed additional light on the matter. Very interesting reading in the newspaper posts - note the commonality in the descriptions. Some intriguing theories as well:

There are now over 525 posts on the newspaper site from individuals commenting on their experiences with this phenomenon, theories, analysis, explanation, and links to related information. There is way too much to re-post here, but it may be worthwhile to provide the link to the original article and blog about this event so ATS researchers and enthusiasts may peruse the latest. Surreptitiously, the reporter renamed the original article "Boom from jet likely caused mysterious shaking...", but doing so has done little to quiet the controversy.

What I find most interesting is the consistency in the accounts of so many people from widely different cultures, locations, communities, and circumstances all relating nearly identical experiences: the rattling of windows and doors with no earth movement or loud boom, the dogs and other animals clearly anticipating and reacting to the unusual event, the headaches of those that were in the area at the time of the event, the inescapable feeling of intrusion, and on and on.

The follow-up article by the newspaper, interestingly named an "X-File" by the paper and journalists also is building a large contingent of posters that are eager for answers - and so far are not satisfied by the explanations proposed.

Several other local and regional news and television stations hopped on the bandwagon, sending chummy reporters to the field to video interview the 'common man and woman in the street', doing a bit of UFO-snickering (par for the course), and speaking with police and other authorities about the hundreds who called 911 reporting that the shaking "felt like someone was walking on their roof" or "trying to break into their house".

Others around the country and the world have chimed in as well with similar experiences, though much of it may be a bit of "herding mentality".

The mystery remains, though the majority of news reports and lay consensus remains with some large, secret black ops type aircraft operation as the culprit. As we all know, this would be a convenient explanation, and just as likely true, but certainly would preclude any further definitive we 'citizens' can sink our teeth into. The gubmint's policy of "Plausible Denial" has worked for decades - no reason to expect any change now just because a few folks had their cages rattled a bit...

[edit on 3/10/2009 by Outrageo]

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Hi Outrageo

Thanks for the post. I thought I read somewhere that if the building is East-West orientation, then the cause is from above but if orientated otherwise, it's terrestrial. Can't find the quote now, unfortunately but in searching for it, I read that people experienced it whichever way their house was orientated so nothing to follow up here.
Thanks for initiating this thread and all the relevant links. Amazing that so many experiences are of the same kind.
I think that we are now surrounded by more space debris than is normal - look at the recent meteor events - and I believe that the cause is a major (but as yet, unknown) atmospheric event and that this event is the cause of the anomalies that so many people have/are experiencing.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 06:25 AM
link   
[edit on 12-3-2009 by violet]

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Very interesting article talking about similar sounds - shaking as SO CA.
Calling them skyquakes.

www.kivitv.com...

'Skyquakes' of March put S. Idaho on edge

Associated Press - March 15, 2009 5:04 PM ET TWIN FALLS, Idaho (AP) -

The 'skyquakes' are back. Southcentral Idaho residents are once again reporting strange rumbling noises and periodic shaking events that have been absent for a year. On March 3 people across the region reported a loud boom and rumbling that evening to the Southern Idaho Regional Communications Center.

Geologists say no earthquakes were recorded close enough to the region to cause the event and suggest sonic booms from military aircraft. But officials at Mountain Home Air Force Base say the closest jet was too far away to be a factor. For several days during March of 2008 the strange rumblings happened regularly at 11:23 p.m.

Article 2
www.magicvalley.com...

[edit on 15-3-2009 by spinkyboo]

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
This was just sent to me...

Interesting...

Residents from Mission Viejo to Huntington Beach have reported hearing and feeling windows in their homes shake today between 3 p.m. and 4:15 p.m. — an eerie repeat of the unexplained door and window rattling that startled and frightened thousands of people in Orange County on March 3.

Linky Pinky Stinky

What the hell is going on..?

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by chapter29

Did you see the post above yours - on the Idaho shaking on March the 3rd as well.
It has to be military testing of some sort. Too coincidental not to be.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by spinkyboo

No, I just quickly posted what came to me...

Wow...

I'd say that this is indeed man-made...an assumption, but there seems to be little evidence to say otherwise...

Well, now that I said that, I'll throw in that there is little evidence to go either way...

Weird stuff, huh spinky..?

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by chapter29

Yeah, this latest article from the local paper raises more questions than answers, that's for sure. Check out the survey asking the public what THEY think is causing the rattling (hint: a majority are pointing their fingers at "secret military craft").

A bunch of (So. Cal.) locals expressed that this latest episode was a bit softer in intensity but about the same in duration.

This time it sort of rattled the windows briefly, but the dogs in the neighborhood didn't go ballistic like last time. Maybe the black ops boys are sending their craft in and out on steeper or slower trajectories?

Anyway - the 83 people that have written in to the blog on the attached article are getting a bit frustrated. They want answers and there seems to be a huge cloak of silence from the MSM and certainly the military/industrial complex about any culpability.

Whatever it is they're doing - they sure don't want John Q. Public in on it!

[edit on 3/17/2009 by Outrageo]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Pssshhh, somebody figure it out because, it'll be one more thing that I know what's going on.

[edit on 27-3-2009 by ItsTheReturnoftheJedi]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Anyone remember Superman and the planet Krypton????

Just joking but all of this is more than enough to make you start to wonder about a lot of things. I would say it is a build up to a world wide superquake but all this is stated over and over to be "non-earthquake" I do have an idea but it is more stupid than the Krypton joke so I will keep it to my self for now. But if I am right it would tie into more than a few other threads here on ATS. For once I hope I am wrong. I mean really really wrong.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
New report of mystery boom off SoCal coast.

CARLSBAD: Residents report loud boom

Something went boom in the night Tuesday, but no one seems to know what it was.

The boom seemed especially powerful along the coast, where residents reported windows, doors and houses shaking at about 10 minutes before 8 p.m.

There was speculation that the sound and accompanying sensation came from a supersonic jet, officials with the Federal Aviation Administration and the U.S.Geological Survey said Wednesday.

source

And the beat goes on....

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Hi all,

Not exactly same as everyone is decsribing, but at 1am (both times) this morning, and around 4 weeks ago I felt the same thing. My bed actually shook and the light fitting above me was swinging. It was like this for around 1 second first time, and this morning less...around half a second.

Checked earthquake report sites and only one 2.6 mag (very shallow) was reported very far from where I live.

Both times I asked other people if they felt it but No, because they were already sleeping. Not noisy at all, just a shaking of my bed/room. Also I share with one person who lives downstairs while I'm upstairs and he WAS awake but didn't feel a thing. That would kinda tie in with the theory of the force coming from above...

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
we're hearing the Seneca Guns in North Carolina now......do a search and you'll find the sources.. they're making front page on alot of North Carolina TV web pages. They are really loud!!! This is not comming from Fort Bragg.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   
I've also experienced the same rattling ground movement the OP stated in Atlanta, Georgia.

I've not experienced anything even remotely similar to other countries I've been and stayed for reasonably long time.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join