It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very Strange "non-earthquake" Rattles So. Cal.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Apologies if this was posted already:

At 9:15 a.m., USGS sensors detected ground movement, but the signals did not resemble an earthquake, said Leslie Gordon, a spokeswoman for the USGS.

The movement appeared to originate off the Monterey Bay coast, Gordon said.

"Our best guess is that it was a sonic boom from a jet off the coast," Gordon said. "That's all we can say scientifically." ...

After receiving calls about a boom in Southern California, the Federal Aviation Administration said it is searching through flights they monitored Wednesday morning to find the supersonic jet.

"We haven't found anything yet that would explain the sonic boom," said Ian Gregor, a spokesman for the administration.

link

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   
None of the sonic boom theories explain how they could have reached San Francisco and Southern California at the same exact time.

This wasn't a Sonic Boom, there was no thunder-like sound and no rumble.

This is what I heard,

Picture someone outside your window trying to pry up the window pane, and knocking on it a few times, then pressing on it as if their leaning against it. Then the sound of shuffling footsteps and more knocking.

Then picture it happening another time 4 monutes later.

Spooky to say the least. I mean, It was so out of the ordinary, I actualy got my shotgun out. I mean...come on...

[edit on 5-3-2009 by manbird12000]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   
I'm in OC and should have experienced this, I was probably watching a movie or something around 9:20 pm so sucks to have missed it. I'll ask my parents tomorrow if they noticed anything. It's obvious what the phenomenon was but what could of caused it is intriguing, especially such a large localized event. I'll have to sleep on it.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 03:15 AM
link   
I live in SoCal and I didn't feel anything. But when I walked outside this morning I noticed a lot, i mean a lot, more oranges and lemons on the ground underneath my orange and lemon trees. I didn't think anything crazy of it at the time, but after I just saw this thread now maybe I'm thinking the trees were shaking and caused a bunch more to fall on the ground?

Also starting last night sometime and lasting through today I've had this extemely killer headache that is still with me. And I am not a headache guy. I rarely get headaches. But this one has just been aweful, I can' shake it, like a horrible pressurized headache. I was thinking all day why the hell is this going on(cuz i never get em). Maybe just a coincidence

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   
From the descriptions my gut says a sonic boom.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Few things in those comments seem very strange to me, as I consider the waves of air compression from a sonic boom....

the porch swing wasn't moving at all.....
the windchimes were perfectly still....

I lived in Europe and the sonic booms I experienced there didn't rattle my doors like someone trying to get in, or rattle my windows to the point that would make me think someone was trying to get in...they were fairly quick and would rattle plates and glassware just a tad sometimes. They'd go sorta fa-boom. They'd startle the heck out of me and I'm glad we don't have a lot of them here.

To have not heard it, I'd think it would have had to be very high, but it seems if it rattled doors and windows to that extent, the windchimes and porch swings might have moved too.
?????

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Could it have been a mass produced hallucination?

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 03:49 AM
link   
This is my first post on ATS, Hellooo

I live in southern California and heard the same noise, at the same time, while I was in bed, it was like a long drawn out jet engine noise, which is weird because I don't live any where near a flight path, and never see anything man made in the sky often. I felt a strange feeling (in reality, fear of a plane crash
) and after saying I love you in my head to my family got out of my bed to check it out. Nothing was seen but the noise kept getting softer and louder.

Strange stuff.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Has anyone noticed the post from Portugal? The time difference from there to when yours hit is very similar and it sounded from the description like the same sonic boom effect.

Anyone checked the straight line from where you guys are to Portugal? AND what lies beyond that on the straight line?

Looks like to me like something headed home over the Atlantic.. and it was from the Middle East direction I'd say if the effect was felt in Portugal at roughly the same time

Dodgy..

[edit on 5-3-2009 by ItsallCrazy]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by lucidwaveAlso starting last night sometime and lasting through today I've had this extemely killer headache that is still with me. And I am not a headache guy. I rarely get headaches. But this one has just been aweful, I can' shake it, like a horrible pressurized headache.

I don't live anywhere near cali (much further up the coast in BC), but just wanted to chime in I too have had a killer headache and so has my friend. We both described as pressure, like an intense squeezing pain. We both woke up with it 3 days ago, yesterday we didn't have it and again today woke up with it again - it's gone now for the most part. Maybe it's nothing and just coincidences ...

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAgentNineteen
Originally posted by Outrageo

I'm leaning toward a non-sonic type boom from an experimental or military aircraft far overhead - perhaps with a propulsion system or airframe that minimizes or mitigates the sonic part of the boom and we just felt the airwave disturbance traveling to the ground.

So how exactly do you propose that what you experienced was emanating from a Supersonic Aircraft, yet you experienced no "Sonic Boom"? You cannot negate the Laws of Physics in the way in which you are attempting to do so. The "Airwave Disturbance" which you mention IS the "Sonic Boom". They are One in the Same.

As for the Possible Culprits, an SR-71 is definitely at the Top of the List, along with Experimental Aircraft based at Edwards, Nellis, and even China Lake.

Eliminate China Lake no unusual activates here.
I try to keep a ear to the ground about what is going on at the base from the many friends and my bother that work on the base.
many of them will tell me things because I was a security officer and a research photographer running ultra high speed cameras on the base.
and held a top secret clearance.

Over the years i have experienced the same non sonic, non earthquake rattle/vibrations phenomenon.

My theory has been a Gravity boom
A sonic boom type wave of gravity from a craft that uses some type of gravity drive to travel very fast.
This would cause the vibrations of homes and building without the sonic sound waves of a sonic boom.
By Eliminating gravity around a craft you could fly at high speeds with a small engine. or very high speed with a big engine because you would not have to push the weight of the craft.

Alien or Military ??????

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 04:38 AM
link   
But why then, were porch swings still, wind chimes still, no ripples on the water - people - a lot of them, are saying the same things over and over...they thought someone was trying to get in, and when I checked everything was fine, things were perfectly still.

Thinking of how wind chimes are hung, seems like they'd be moving if it were any sort of wave in the air. Same for the porch swings.

Some people reported hearing something upstairs, or footsteps. Notice that? what causes that?

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Hearing footsteps is spooky. How many said that though, more than one person? If so it's even spookier.

I've just noticed there were two events - 12 hours apart, same location. For clarification were the mysterious feelings of someone breaking into their homes, symptoms of both these events?

Out of interest, found this report with the same "just the windows rattling" - except it's from 2007

source

[edit on 5-3-2009 by violet]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 05:26 AM
link   
If it happening around the globe it could be the gravitational wave causing these effects as we enter the galactical plane.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Here is a plot of the geomagnetic flux across Alaska for the time-range in question:

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Hi again..
I just found out a friend here in Portugal that felt the same that i did.. There arent much people that sensed it here because it was 5am.
I had goosebumps when he said that he hadnt sleep very good that night.. and when i asked him if it was something related to doors at 5am he looked at me with face like WOW.. how do you know that?

Frigthening and exciting stuff at same time..

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Shakesbeer

i'm still working on reading this thread...stopped on this post...wow. synchronicity is popping up left and right everywhere in my life right now.

i've been living in N. Cal for the past 5 or so years now...but i used to live throughout so cal. I used to live on the housing in Los Al, and also across the street right on Farquhar. weird weird memories.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   
If you read the comments, several said stuff like " at the same time I thought I heard someone walking around upstairs" and/or "I thought someone was on top of the house" "I thought I heard footsteps"

Does anyone know of a service like monitter that would let us 'rewind' tweets in that area at that time to get more first hand reports?

I saw on a news peice from OC, CA, that either 70 or 79 (I couldn't make it out) people had called 911 and the calls they were playing, everyone was reporting home intruders

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 06:27 AM
link   
I am on my mobile so I cannot check for myself.

A member should try to look at satelitte pictures from the time this boom was heard.

Maybe an interesting contrail will show up?

Personally I am still leaning towards an extremely fast aircraft of some sort.

It reminds me of the story of towns on way from Area 51 to the california coast reporting thier houses shaking. It later turned out to be an experimental aircraft I believe.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darkfunnyguy
If it happening around the globe it could be the gravitational wave causing these effects as we enter the galactical plane.

Could you expand on this theory please?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join