It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very Strange "non-earthquake" Rattles So. Cal.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Outrageo

Just because it's ATS where wild speculation reigns supreme: HAARP?

I hear "X" marks the spot for the Satellites too

Not to mention there's rumor of all kinds of secret tunnels & such under this area. Especially with the aforementioned military bases in the area(including El Toro if you want to count closed bases too that used to be active). Who knows what kind of tests could be going on around here, or "tests" for that matter.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
The problem is that even sonic booms trigger seismic sensors.
This has been occuring a lot lately. Read through this thread.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I think I linked you to page four, but go back to the OP and read up.

I'm not sure what it is. Scalar weaponry tests?
I'm not sure, but I'm glad you brought another story here.

By the way, I live in the immediate area of the abovementioned story. There was never a resolution, to the best of my knowledge. The story just sorta' faded away. We've ruled out underground drilling, earthquakes and sonic booms.
Some very odd atmospheric event?

Secret weapons testing is my best guess.

Perhaps something akin to whatever caused the Tanguska Blast. Whatever it is, I don't like it. It is happening a bunch.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Shakesbeer

Actually, this could be HAARP...

The one thing that struck me odd about the story I mentioned in my original post was that just shortly after this story faded away, we had a freak ice-storm.

Look for any weird weather events upcoming.

In Oklahoma, the sounds were occuring regularly for days. Then we were walloped with a storm. I wonder if this is HAARP bouncing energy off of the atmosphere above the TO BE affected area?

It would definately be perceived as a mysterious atmospheric event.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-in-AR
Secret weapons testing is my best guess.

Mine too.
Last month we had one that shook the whole house - but wasn't quake-like.
More like a sonic boom.
And the amount of low flying military jets is very unsettling of late.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Greetings Folks,
I live in Missouri, and we've been having something along the same lines for almost a year now. It is a low level boom, you can feel it through your feet, and subterranian rumble that is nearly inaudible, and sets the dogs off. No EQ;s in the area not even a tremor, I've checked. nothing showing on the the seismos. I work mobile and am all over the surrounding area for about 100 or so miles in all directions, theres no blasting or construction that would create this.
And the local media cant get an answer from anyone exactly what it might be.
R.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Excuse me? Just on ATS? Please take a few moments to read through just some of the more than FOUR HUNDRED FIFTY POSTS by normal everyday people in the area of the phenomenon -from the last 24 hours alone. Not one of these people are ATS conspiracy theorists - though many are now thinking that there is a cover-up of some kind going on...

By the way - the local So Cal paper just added a link to an article of an almost identical occurrence in northern California at 9:15 this morning!

What's going on? Two mysterious house-rattling non-sonic booms, non-quaking quakes within 12 hours of each other separated by a few hundred miles in an area where millions of people are used to almost daily "normal" sonic booms and earthquakes?

Ya. Sure....

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Like I said, this is becoming a wide-spread phenomenon.

Oklahoma, California, and two posts up someone reporting the same in Missouri.

The same MO all around.

I say military.

Possibly HAARP.
Watch the weather.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Maybe they're changes in collective perception? It would allow simultaneous happenings across the globe.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Maybe it's some kind of deep Earth core event? Not a "quake" per say, but, some kind of deep movement/inter action under the Earths crust...a ULF event?
There have been a lot of strange quake activity around the world lately...

or

Maybe some kind of a high power ultrasonic weapon...a cousin to the thermal one's they're testing for non-lethal crowd control...you know..for when the NWO comes knocking?

[edit on 3/4/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   

The same MO all around.

I say military.

Possibly HAARP.
Watch the weather.

Speaking of the weather and Missouri, we just got 3 inches of snow the day before yesterday and it is supposed to be up to 80 tomorrow.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   

The same MO all around.

I say military.

Possibly HAARP.
Watch the weather.

Yes - haarp -
lots of scalar cloud activity -
looks a lot like this around southern ca - the last week.
www.bluenomore.com...

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by interestedalways

Weather manipulation.

There is little doubt they do it. Hell, they were doing it during Vietnam. We KNOW HAARP exists. We know WHAT it does.

This is my best guess.
Problem is, this creates an entire new fold in their evilness.

[edit on 4-3-2009 by Jay-in-AR]

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by chapter29
I've been trippin' on this for a whole day almost...I live in Huntington Beach...

Started thinking of all the paranormal stories posted here and how I flame them big time on a regular basis...I thought: "O' man, I'm about to get a front row seat into Paranormal Ville, and it ain't gonna be fun..!!"

Yeah no doubt

I live inland 15 miles from you and my daughter, dog and I all were trippin' on it. Funny thing is, as has been mentioned, no shaking of the house except the windows only. My ceiling fan wasn't swingin', nothing "shook" so to speak as in the usual "rock n' roll" round these parts. Just the windows facing east (junk old style, not double-paned) were shaking enough for my daughter to come give me the ol' eye check. You know, that look just before the "OH S-Crap" look.

It happened twice. Minutes from each other. Each lasted about 5 seconds

Now, I'm still confused, but feel a little more secure knowing others felt it as well...

Yeah, you and me both brother.

edit to change: south to east

[edit on 4-3-2009 by Rollinster]

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I haven't posted in a while, but this thread struck a chord so...
I live in Berkeley, CA and around 8 or so I was stepping into my friend's car when I felt a jolt. It felt like a strong earthquake but only lasted a second. I asked my friend if he'd felt anything and he said no.

I'm usually pretty good at feeling earthquakes, and I know I felt something. I've also been hearing some extremely loud planes lately. The other night I thought the Millenium Falcon was landing in my yard.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Contrary to what the OP said, the seismographs did in fact detect the rumbling. Perhaps it's an "update" in the article, but read it for yourselves.

From the article:

“This morning Kate Hutton (of Caltech) reviewed seismograms from the event last night in Orange County,” Dollar said in an email. “These data are consistent with a sonic event coming onshore near Dana Point and traveling northward inland.

The energy travelled across our seismic sensor network at the velocity of a compressional wave in air rather than the velocity of a similar wave through the ground, which is much faster. There was no S phase."

So it appears to be a sonic boom, but why wouldn't Kate Hutton of Cal Tech just come out and say it? I mean, I would imagine that a seismologist would be trained to identify the fingerprint of a sonic boom. What's strange is she suggests it might be a sonic boom, but she doesn't seem so sure.

So I wonder what was so unique about that "air borne" rumble that makes it difficult to identify?

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I think this all is tied together:
We are the guinea pigs I'm afraid!
They have been doing stuff forever, just now it's all legal!
After the 11th of this month it will all be hunky dory anyway!
Kick back watch the fireworks I guess.

[edit on 4-3-2009 by dodadoom]

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Rollinster

Insane, huh dude..?

That's an interesting comment you dropped about your canine amigo...

Did your dog trip before the rattling occurred..? That would say a lot, possibly, about the 'nature'
of this event...o.k. not 'event' but moment...

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Outrageo

Excuse me? Just on ATS?

Dude, calm....I didn't say just ATS speculates wildly I said "just because ATS is the home of wild speculation", so I chose to speculate wildy...-shrugs- I have no way to substantiate my theories there.

Btw all of the above pics are taken from my front yard and yeah I'm very well aware that "something" has been going on around here and has been for a bit of time now. Needless to say, a little rumbly ground isn't going to get my conspiracy-meter going crazy at this point. Especially considering if it is a conspiracy, you're not going to get any official info on it. More then likely someone(probably from Cal Tech
) will come out and say "it was from a previously unknown fault line!" Or "we picked up seismic signature that seem to be consistent with a sonic boom"...watch.

But like I said, I kind of chalk it up to another "coincidence" that we just happen to be around all of this neat military hardware all of the time. So far all we know it could have been a type of sonic boom, or HAARP, or "other"....how are you going to prove any of it -shrugs-

Oh and I have a friend in south orange county confirm they felt the same thing at the same time.

[edit on 4-3-2009 by Shakesbeer]

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
my girlfriend and i live in a 3rd floor apartment on the west coast of florida...

i was lying down this afternoon, just resting my eyes after some pumpkin pancakes, and she was outside on the balcony smoking...

i started to feel a slight shaking in the room, which is adjacent to the balcony, and the windows shook slightly...

at the time, i figured that she just banged the sliding glass door into the chair on the balcony causing some friction...next thing i know she is coming into the room asking me if i was banging on the window...

strange...couldn't figure it out...

anybody else feel something in florida this afternoon?

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Check out this thread from 2004. It is very detailed about the directed energy weapons the Soviets developed. The first post (which is very long) is very informative.

Here is an excerpt.

In late April/early May of 1985, 27 such "power taps" were placed in the earth by the Soviets, if each tap is capable of powering 4 to 6 large scalar EM weapons, then the Soviet strategic scalar EM arsenal contains over 100 monstrous superweapons capable of generating exothermic explosions, endothermic explosions, engineering the weather, locating and destroying underwater submarines, detecting and destroying ballistic missiles shortly after launch, detecting and destroying long range strategic bombers as soon as they are airborne, etc.

This is one of those mystery threads that just popped up on recent posts the other day even though there is no new post to have bumped it.

Edit to add:

I wonder what the LHC is up to these days? So many possibilities.

[edit on 4-3-2009 by interestedalways]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join