It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very Strange "non-earthquake" Rattles So. Cal.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I live in Beverly Hills and I haven't heard anything strange. Maybe you all are just paranoid

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by doorbell412

Welcome to ATS. Perhaps you shoud read the posting guidelines before you post again. It is not necessary to remind us all that we are paranoid; of course we are, this is a "conspiracy" website. But then again, maybe we're not paranoid, maybe you are simply "unaware".

[edit on 5-3-2009 by Elostone]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Outrageo

Non-sonic boom as in it did NOT make a sound. There was only the rattling of the thousands of houses in the area - almost none of the some 400 responders to the local press had heard any sound whatsoever. In other words, we felt the aftereffects of what might have been a VERY large, very close sonic boom - but without the sound. Does that make sense?

Well, could it be an inaudible sonic boom?

www.popsci.com...

he QSST, though it shares its general shape with the Concorde is less than half the size and uses fine-tuned aerodynamics to control the pressure generated as the plane displaces air at supersonic speeds. With air disturbances along the craft evened out, the QSST generates more shockwaves of smaller magnitude rather than two explosive reports. Tom Hartmann, the program manager at Lockheed, expects the boom to be imperceptible-quieter than a kite flying overhead.

Or (if it were perhaps alien technology) a sonic boom that somehow fell outside, (below or above) the range of human hearing?

I dont know, just questioning in case someone with a better understanding of sound waves and booms happens to be on the thread.

[edit on 5-3-2009 by Illusionsaregrander]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I know I'm a bit late to the thread, but had to add my experience to the list as well. We live in the Monterey Bay area. I can't say we've experienced the window rattling boom that others have reported, but I've had two experiences in just this last week, later in the evenings, where I thought for sure we were having an earthquake. A very faint semi-rumble sound followed by what felt like a long wave, rolling type movement. When I look up at the ceiling fan chain, it's perfectly still. (Bizarre to say the least.) Meanwhile, our cat's are freaking out, pacing around with ears a little pinned back. Thought it was strange for sure. (Hadn't read this thread so I didn't make the correlation.)

Then, yesterday, my wife asks me if I felt the earthquake at around 9:30am. (She was in a meeting being held in an outside facing room with mostly windows.) Nope, didn't get that one, but I'd say something is not normal. HAARP, experimental airplanes or whatever, I don't know, but it sure isn't anything I've experienced before.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Excellent find.

That COULD be exactly what it is.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Just had another event here at about 123pm. More of a boom this time and less of a rattle. A couple minutes later I heard a jet go by in the near distance.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by odd1out

odd1out
I had a very similar experience... I actually live in San Clemente, right over the hills from me is the northern part of Pendleton and I can see many helicopters and sometimes F18's flying over my back yard. We often hear booms from live fire and every once in a while sonic booms. This was not any of those things. A low frequency, pressure change that was similar to someone throwing open a door. As for all of the theories about road construction or mining, there is nothing like that around here. Has anyone thought about the San Onofre Nuclear Power Plant? That is close to here.

As an idea, someone should check police and fire scanner archives at the time and date of this unknown event.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
It's amazing how far civilization has come. What people could only dream of thousands of years ago is a REALITY for us. We truly are in the end of times...

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by doorbell412
It's amazing how far civilization has come. What people could only dream of thousands of years ago is a REALITY for us. We truly are in the end of times...

....AND the beginning of times

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I would just like to know what can rattle doors and windows and not move windchimes or porch swings.

Can anyone explain that to me?

I tend to think it was electromagnetic and it caused people to hallucinate/perceive danger, some more than others.

What's the most common danger we perceive that may or may not be there?
Someone is outside. "I thought someone was trying to get in with me." Home invasion.

Could be the good Lord(s) above trying to warn us that there is danger outside our homes. Who knows?
But I used to live overseas and heard sonic booms once a week or more, and they never made me think someone was trying to get in the house.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Didn't I read somewhere recently that the Navy is going to start testing new weapons off the West Coast? Perhaps we are experiencing the results of tests on some new type of sonic weapon.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Ok. Here's something interesting. This article has a website link I haven't visited yet which goes into more detail, but suffice it to say that there is suspicion that tests are already underway.

The EIS also offers one of the most comprehensive and detailed documents about the Pacific Northwest ocean and its creatures. The report is found at www.nwtrangecomplexeis.com

The Website contains an audio and movie presentation that explains why the training is needed by all branches of the service and how the Navy seeks to be good stewards of the environment.

"Realistic training is the most crucial asset available for training members of the Armed Services," the audio says.

The Navy has now extended the public comment period twice for a process that critics say has been going on "under the radar."

source

I wouldn't put it past them to move controversial testing down this way while they negotiate about it up there.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
They are now saying it was a sonic boom that originated off the coast of Monterey:

www.mercurynews.com...

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by axiomuser
reply to post by odd1out

odd1out
I had a very similar experience... I actually live in San Clemente, right over the hills from me is the northern part of Pendleton and I can see many helicopters and sometimes F18's flying over my back yard. We often hear booms from live fire and every once in a while sonic booms. This was not any of those things. A low frequency, pressure change that was similar to someone throwing open a door. As for all of the theories about road construction or mining, there is nothing like that around here. Has anyone thought about the San Onofre Nuclear Power Plant? That is close to here.

As an idea, someone should check police and fire scanner archives at the time and date of this unknown event.

Oooo, now that's frightening. I used to work in San Clemente. When I first started I wondered what all the air-raid looking sirens were around town. When my bosses, who lived there, told us they were early warnings for problems at San Onofre, I never felt the same way again going to work there.

Sometimes, when there was traffic to the north I would drive south in the afternoon and go the long way around to get home. I would drive down the 5, through Pendleton. I was there in San Clemente when 9/11 happened. Very soon after that but before we went into Afghanistan there would be massive training exercises along the coast of Pendleton. Cobra helicopters buzzing and circling and Hovercraft landing on the beaches and launching from the beaches. It was obvious we were about to get involved in something big.

Has the activity there picked up more than usual recently?

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
North Korea has been talking about launching a supposed satellite into orbit. Our government claims that they're suspicious it could be a test of a long-range missile that might be able to reach our mainland. The head of The US Pacific Command said that the military is prepared to shoot down any North Korean ballistic missile -- if President Obama should give the order. Has anyone heard any new news about this situation? Sounds like a longshot. Just trying to brainstorm.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
UPDATE:

The local California paper says they just opened an "X-FILE" on this incident and have listed some of the local "expert' explanations (of course including a silly picture of rubber-headed aliens as one possible explanation). Unfortunately - the hundreds of local 'citizen observer' posts are now stuck on the other article. Oh well - starting anew...)

Anyway - catch the latest right here.

By the way - interesting discussion about the off-shore military exercises. One reader/poster to the Newspaper blog said that on the night of the question a large number of aircraft suddenly took off from Camp Pendleton (Marine base just south of O.C.) out toward sea. We see military aircraft all the time, maneuvers and such, but this was more 'deliberate' and fast and a whole bunch of them at once.

Who knows...?

[edit to cross-post]

[edit on 3/5/2009 by Outrageo]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Icarus Rising
Just had another event here at about 123pm. More of a boom this time and less of a rattle. A couple minutes later I heard a jet go by in the near distance.

I just mentioned your report to my brother-in-law in Perris and he said they heard it too but it was very faint. They thought it was a trash truck outside their building.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by dneudecker

How film like! Enough said!

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Lmao do you honestly think the military would be doing things like this!! There not that silly!

Do you think that maybe the military wud say it was them in ( small sources ) small points to maybe make you think it was?

Do you think maybe that your being false fed alot of unwanted cereal!

this question i ask everyone at ATS!!!!!!!!!!

peacexx love you all cc

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Free4Ever2
reply to post by dneudecker

How film like! Enough said!

Which post is film like?

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join