It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very Strange "non-earthquake" Rattles So. Cal.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I find it odd that so many people heard these "booms". i for one do not think it is an isolated incident. maybe some searching in foreign websites would bring some light onto the subject.
i am in the Southeastern United States and last saturday the 28th i too heard this report. it was around 11:30 in the morning and it struck me as odd because it sounded more like thunder than a sonic boom. it was raining but only a light drizzle. nothing that would have brought the noise i heard. it lasted around 5-7 seconds a continuous burst that shook windows and even disconnected the internet cable on my X-box

im currently thinking that it may be related to the 7 thunders mentioned in Revelations, but thats only if no one can debunk this.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Outrageo

Hello Prof.,

I happen to be a Geography undergrad in Southern NM. I myself have had experiences with booms and shakes in the past. One thing worth noting is that all of these disturbances so far have been seen on the coast. Well, in my case, when I lived in Illinois, we would get the same thing. The whole house would shake under us and you'd hear big booms. Every time it happened, I thought these rattles would break the foundation and make us sink into the ground. We used to get these about once a month and everyone in the neighborhood would talk about it but no one was really for sure what it was. Some said it was under ground miners digging for coal or some other mineral. I'm not quite sure though. Maybe you should look at a USGS mineral map and see what kind of minerals are in your area of SoCal.

P.S.
I'm looking to get my masters soon, U2U me if you need some more geog. students!

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I find it interesting that within a four mile radius, some people had the feeling someone was trying to break into their house while others felt or heard nothing. Why?

It is very bizarre that most people interpreted this as 'someone trying to get into their house". What would cause that? No sonic boom that I know of.

Also reports of this event come from as far away as Portugal and Spain as well as from a number of US states.

Will we ever know what this was? I doubt it. But we will get plenty of cover up as the story starts to fade from view.

[edit on 5-3-2009 by DarkRavem]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
methan explosions ... like california has oil off shore and NC has natural gas off shore ... natural stuff me thinks ...

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by BornPatriot

While Methane seems plausable for a number of reasons.. i.e people complaining about having headaches.. which methane can cause; I see one reason as to why it is possibly 'not' methane... the rumble had a trajectory.
So we did not see a 'radial explosion' effect which I think one would expect to see under such circumstances

I've not been an active poster for quite some time.. but this forum has me incredibly intriged... so of course, a S&F... I hope more activety happens ( thats not damaging to people or their property
) so this thread doesnt disolve in to the realm of the past all too quickly
.. it is certainly most interesting.

Someone else posted that a heap of F-18's were scrambled... can anyone else back that up?.. I've read all the links but cannot find a source to that information.

And Portugal and Spain.. I have found no news articles from those regions reporting this... anyone found any media links to backup this claim?

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkRavem

It's definitely seems too intelligent for any natural phenomenon. What the hell is there that sounds like household intruders? This has to be the biggest unexplained event in history, now that I realize it.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hx3_1963
Maybe it's some kind of deep Earth core event? Not a "quake" per say, but, some kind of deep movement/inter action under the Earths crust...a ULF event?
There have been a lot of strange quake activity around the world lately...

or

Maybe some kind of a high power ultrasonic weapon...a cousin to the thermal one's they're testing for non-lethal crowd control...you know..for when the NWO comes knocking?

[edit on 3/4/2009 by Hx3_1963]

This is what I have been thinking also. Read some of the stuff here on ATS even the bizarre stuff and it just makes me wonder. I live near downtown Los Angeles and I did not feel this.

Thanks for the thread.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Or, unfortunately, it sounds like the perfect technology for an alien false flag op. Remember: Don't believe in an alien you can't see as the bonafide subject.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I found out what's causing these noises!!

My wife farting when she sleeps.. I'll tell her to take it easy on the beans

[edit on 5-3-2009 by doorbell412]

[edit on 5-3-2009 by doorbell412]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkRavem
I find it interesting that within a four mile radius, some people had the feeling someone was trying to break into their house while others felt or heard nothing. Why?

I can say this - about that -
We live in an area on the coast that is basically a city built on sand.
We feel everything here. We have more damage than areas right next to us do during quakes - etc. So that could be the reason for the differences in what people felt.
The last "sonic" feeling last month was just as people described. Windows shook and it felt like something hit - but nothing else rocked like it would during and earthquake.
Weird... and ick.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I lived in LA for several years, and in particular Marina Del Rey. I was about 1/8 mile from ocean, and several times in our house we felt booms like you mentioned. The time period though was summer of 06'.

This is interesting, Personally when it happened to us we didnt know what to think it was.

All i know is that after the third time we started to suspect the military, and in particular rumors we had heard about new types of atomic weapons. Something about non-radioactive elements smashing into each other, releasing massive amounts of energy.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
was on holiday recently (2 weeks ago) with family in orlando/kisseemmee from the uk.this is our fourth time in seven years and it just did not feel the same.
seemed like a really oppressive atmosphere at the theme parksshopping malls etc as if something was about to happen , hard to explain , sorry to go off topic but
one night about three a.m. (think it was the 19th feb) i was fast asleep and woke up suddenly thinking the house was coming down.
everything was vibrating and i thought bloody hell an earthquake , then i thought naagh this is florida they only have hurricanes in october and tried to get back to sleep.very weird.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I am just a few hundred yards from the most active fault in the continental united states. The Hayward fault in the South Bay near Jan Jose, and I felt something similar just a day or two ago.

I get automatic email alerts from the USGS for anything above 3.0 but thought it could be very small quakes that due to the variable density of the rock and subsurface could amplify and focus a smaller quake. You can get alerts too for whatever magnitude you are interested.

What you all felt in the southland is strange. No reports? I'll have to check. Google Earth shows quake positions and magnitudes, but no real idea on how often they update. Probably within 24 hours though.

I also have a pendulum hanging over my workstation so when there is a shake I know the approximate strength and direction, and the fault but not the depth. I've been accurate to within a half point in the last two quakes here from just observing with this pendulum and my science knowledge and knowing where the faults are around us.

Sounds like a good personal study to do. Could be a quake somewhere else reflecting seismic laterally to specific areas. OR underground alien bases being constructed!
Actually, remember the Taos Hum in NM? I think that was deep earth secret tunneling.

You could fill a hollow Moon with what we don't know!

ZG

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I would hate to keep HAARP-ing on the fact that this sounds remarkably similar to an ultra-high frequency device.

I think we are getting away from the original and eerie incident report. There was the breaking and entering/tapping on the glass and dogs barking. This sounds like a sound device to me. Granted, not HAARP in its current design, but, using a similar principle.

Note my earlier post for the reasoning as to why this would be used at that time.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iago18
I would hate to keep HAARP-ing on the fact that this sounds remarkably similar to an ultra-high frequency device.

I think we are getting away from the original and eerie incident report. There was the breaking and entering/tapping on the glass and dogs barking. This sounds like a sound device to me. Granted, not HAARP in its current design, but, using a similar principle.

Note my earlier post for the reasoning as to why this would be used at that time.

I could not agree more.
It would be a great time for this and other countries to be testing our abilities -
so to speak. (not that they haven't already been doing just that)

I also think this might be what started Yellowstone up again.
There were hits that showed as quakes - before the swarm started.
They were first listed as quakes - never as quarry - and then they were removed.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   

It is very bizarre that most people interpreted this as 'someone trying to get into their house". What would cause that? No sonic boom that I know of.

Also reports of this event come from as far away as Portugal and Spain as well as from a number of US states.

You're right, that is really kind of fascinating. I know of NO sonic boom that would cause that kind of confusion let alone on a wide scale -- let alone around the planet.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by dneudecker

Yes yes yes! Quite a bit of activity there Tuesday at 2:30pm and then on my way home about 6. helicopters formations and ships off shore. Everything VERY busy looking. I haven't ever seen it like this in the past.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Its certainly intriguing .

I`d like to know if the the shaking windows were experienced on a particular side of the house etc /

The movement of the windows and not hanging light fittings /porch swings etc is very interesting .
Although window panes do tend to resonate more easily with passing trucks etc leaving other "less sensitive" indicators unaffected./

So there is at least a 400 mile radius effected , with the effect taking place at intervals over a few minutes .Thats a lot of energy displaced .

Has any video "footage" surfaced ....... i realise there might not be all that much happening in it but all the same , it would be worth a look ...or a listen .

Gas/Station Forecourt etc ........?

I have thoroughly enjoyed this thread , a big
to all contributors .
This is why i visit ATS.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Couldn't say what time this happened but it was the same day and late at night. I live in Oklahoma, I was reading and my dog was laying at the end of my bed like she usually does. She got up at one point and started growling, in itself not unusual but she was growling strangely; it's hard to explain but she was almost talking it sounded like. (I don't mean I think my dog was litterally talking, that's just how it sounded)
Anyway, she started doing this and looking around the bed and then at the ground. She started going nuts pretty soon, like barking mad with the hair on her spine standing up. It was just strange.

But yeah, that happened on the same night as the OP.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
yes this is how i would assume One Billion watts of power being pumped into the lower ionosphere off the coast would sound like. Hope you guys down south are ready for an 8.0 within the next year or two.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join