It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Are All Super Humans

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 05:28 AM
link   
I was with you in the beginning of your argument, then you started talking about things that you know nothing about...

Anyway, lately it seems that at least 10% of the things I think about actually manifest themselves soon after. Say I was thinking of how much it would suck to lose my job... Well, the next day, without any sign of a risk that I'd lose my job, I actually lost my job. It's gotten so bad that whenever I think of something terrible, I have to stop myself and say "please don't let that happen, I should have never thought of that."

And yeah, I was thinking it'd be cool to discuss something like this before I got on ATS a few minutes ago... And right i was, again.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 05:47 AM
link   
I have suspected that humans are capable of manifesting their thoughts into this reality. Recently I've been feeling the same way too, as if the physical world is just a lie and the real truth about our destiny is being concealed. I mean, every person constantly lives in a robotic state of habits. We do the same things repeatedly and are programmed to react in certain ways to different situations. Hardly anybody thinks about the meaning of life anymore and all we care about is getting money or having sex, primitive instinctive urges. If we all focused our thoughts on something else other than these feelings, I'm sure the world would turn into a nicer place. However, we seem to be stuck in a fear mode where promoting love and kindness is restrained through sheer doubt by the overall consciousness. We do not believe that good things can arise in this world so this is what happens, but if we start believing in a more pleasant reality anything is possible. I just have this feeling that our mental energies as a whole influence the world around us, so it is important to get our act together.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by bobbylove321

We are super-human Bob !

Here we are - at the front of an amazing line of humans that stretches back through time .
Average Life expectancy during the Stone Age was 30 years, during the Renaissance 40 .
Of course i`m presuming your a well fed-Westerner sitting at a P.C. in the comfort of his own home - pondering life and your perceived problems/boredom.

Bob , we are the lucky ones ........ there are people busting rocks in India in their bare feet or working 15 hours in Asian sweat-shops for a pittance of a wage , and i`m pretty sure they don`t get a chance to plant themselves in front of a P.C. at the end of their exertions.

Bob , i`m not having a go at you
, i just think that our "history"is their "present" ...... the violence, the Dickensian working conditions etc etc.

Their harsh realities juxtaposed against our perceived illusions reveal a pampered class
........................... we Bob - are the Elites.

edit;spelling.

[edit on 4-3-2009 by UmbraSumus]

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 06:08 AM
link   
It sounds like the OP has just watched "the ring of power 2 monkey blood"

the movie goes into all of that. Like the mysteries of junk DNA and possabilities of reaching greater limits of our being, becoming gods ect.

here it is video.google.com...

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Why wait till now to become Super Humans??

mankind has been here for quite a long time (forget homo erectus...as homo sapien!!). Why didnt they evolve into the "super humans" of the kind the OP says (with telepathic, telekinetic powers??)

We Mankind have grown over the ages, acquiring knowledge, the state of which now, if seen by a stone age human, would seem like magic to him.

But we still are the same, Physiologically and mentally.

The DNA that are not used are junk DNA, of no use. You cant activate these DNA at all (though some con men on the net claim aclivation of these junk DNAs to turn you into a Super human).

maybe after many hunderes or thousands of years, due to selective adaptation, we may change phhysically (may be lose our eyebrows.., maybe develop another digit...) but turning ourselves into super humans is the tale of fantasy and super hero comics or thought experiments!!

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   
the people who dont beleive wont, until you start awakening. i've gone through or am going through i should say, a spiritual awakening and its not powers im getting, but awaking things ive always had

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   

have people ever dismissed what you had to say as "stoner babble"?

I know people who tell me that and wonder if *I* do drugs (which I DO NOT).

I used to have a well active imagination... Then, I moved to a city where my mind, my imagination- every bit of my abilities were suppressed to the point where I may or may not recover.

As for imagining something and having it come true... One of my largest dreams died recently. I tried, and tried to make it happen, and couldn't- but it was tied to another large dream (which committed suicide, not in the literal way, however).

Sometimes, no matter how much you dream- it's still just a dream, then you wake up. And wish you hadnt.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   

I do agree with you it's been happening more.. for example yesterday i really needed to find my phone and it was on my bed or so i thought everywhere i looked it just couldnt be found i return from looking around downstairs.. and lo and behold it's their on my bed.

Also two days ago i had a wierd sensation as if something is "wrong" in a blink of an eye i saw a tall humanoid next to the bathroom door with glasses on it's face.

also when i was standing under a light more than 6 seperate shadows occured and my hand looked fuzzy to see if it does the same to objects i tried to but objects were not affected just us humans i got my sister and friend to try and all the same. one bulb cannot give 6 shadows and a fuzzy hand.

in relations to superpowers i don't know..i do think our DNA and brainpower will gradually come to us humans as the years go by. but i do wonder are we meant for something greater?
many believe our true destiny lies in the stars. perhaps our planet IS a VR world where our thoughts manifest into it..kinda like spawning on video games.

but in regards to WW2 not happening..you have to be joking... i'm sorry but i find that deeply offensive my mothers father was a RAF bomber pilot doing runs over Germany when flak hit his cockpit causing a perforated eardrum the plane went down with all but 3 of crew surviving and being captured by the Germans.. my fathers, father's brother was a SS lieutenant serving Germany loyally and took part in many of the great battles.

if you deny The blitz,D-day,Invasion of Russia,Pearl Harbour just to name a few..you seriously need your head checking.

62 million people died in that war show some bloody respect!

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ahnggk

"Over reliance on technology and suppression of ideas, alone or combined kills our extra-human abilities."
This is absolutely correct. Technological advancement or age of a civilization as determined by linear time is the same as money or psychic abilities--they are not mutually exclusive to spiritual advancement. There are abundant examples in our current historical epoch in which a more spiritually advanced civilization was conquered with no compassion (a spiritual aspect) by a more technological one. If a civilization could flourish without interference to develop their spiritual potential, no amount of external technology could match the ability to alter matter with thought. One of the oldest civilizations (according to people such as Phil Schneider and Alex Collier) are also the most warlike. Their level of technological superiority is high, but because of this they do not value spiritual endeavors, and their advancement is extremely slow. I am not even stating that these civilizations exist, but I do believe that the examples within our current frame of reference is quite sufficient.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by jitombe

Super humans???? That is funny poop...can you bend metal objects with your mind, read people's minds, have the ability to teleport, do you know the secret to immortality, etc? Humans are barbaric gullible simpletons and that is all we will ever be. Humans are no better than cockroaches, breed and kill, thats all we're good for. Bring on the afterlife, that's when it will get interesting, life on earth is a temporary situation. Enjoy it while you are here.

The reason for this is hyper-predation for 'survival'. A two-year old can control a room of adults with an empty firearm. The challenge is in controlling ourselves, for when this is accomplished we have neither the need nor desire to control others. Science is still working on these other powers, but the area of quantum physics, torsion fields, etc. has come far in understanding this more. I neither completely support nor dismiss these things, simply because those following scientism have been wrong so often over the years about everything (electricity, airplanes, etc., etc. I cringe when I read someone write "science says".....Science is an open-minded process of discovery, and what may seem like 'magic' has a firm foundation in future discoveries. As per the afterlife, the only way to 'prove' it to yourself is to work on going out-of-body. There are some excellent books that systematically teach the procedure, most notably by an author named Robert Bruce. The books by the founder of the Monroe Institute, Robert Monroe, are fascinating. He had nothing to gain in writing them, since he was already a very successful businessman. He actually worried that relating his discoveries would harm his business reputation, but he felt they were far too important to keep to himself. There are other authors which cover many of these topics (Dr. Stevenson for reincarnation, Dean Radin, etc.). There are many physicists such as Dr. William Tiller (Professor Emeritus of materials science and physics at Stanford University and Dr. Brian Josephson, Nobel Prize winner in physics who teaches in the UK.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by bobbylove321
We all should be telepathic, clairvoyant, psychic, etc. with super human abilities right now. It is the year 2009 and I repeat 2009 and we are still living like cave men.

The illusion that we are anything more, is what keeps up trying. Gives us hope? Hope - for humans it is such a meaningless word.

But that is all we are. Cavemen. Evolved barbaric parasites. We don't exist for anything other than to procreate, consume and expire.

Whatever we leave as knowledge or belief, is often twisted and convoluted or simply lost and is a mere by-product of existence itself. Nothing more. We don't really learn from our past. The old saying; the more things change, the more they stay the same - is so apt.

We may be fooled by the illusion, but no more than a child can live in a kingdom with faeries, kings, queens and dragons can we attain the things you ponder.

We will not last on this planet forever. And who knows, the next sentient beings on this rock may look back at our folly and do things different. But I think it is just the nature of being self-aware. And humans are nothing else if not self-aware.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Yay. I'm not the only one who thinks this way. I've been reading up on a lot of things recently about meditation and abilities we have we just lost our ability to know how to do it. We can always get them back if we work at it. Most of our DNA isn't junk. We're just told that so we'll leave it at that. There's more to our DNA then what we think. They're just withholding the truth to the public.

I think we're apart of something way beyond our understanding, so we're spoon fed bogus theories to curb our appetite. When in reality, the government and scientists don't know #. I was watching the history channel the other night and they even said (not in this exact wording) everything we thought we knew, we don't. It was about space but it's still relevant to our world.

I think I'm starting to get off topic so I'll stop. lol.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I feel the same way, I dont understand the way we live. Its horrible when i stop to think about the people whos lives are taken away for reason that man created. It realy ticks me off.
Heres another good video!

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 4-3-2009 by Armour For Victor]

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Admyrable

"When in reality, the government"
They know very well, as projects such as 'Stargate' have gone further under the radar. Government and religion (emphasizing dogma as opposed to development) have been focused on preventing people from becoming aware, and expressing their true potential power. Remote viewing has gone beyond this, to influencing and even murder. When Russia and China spend a great deal of money on these projects, don't believe that some skeptical bureaucrat cut funding and it 'went away'.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   

The OP is quite thought provoking, and I thought it would be ok to offer a few observations of my own which might possibly add some meaning to the discussion.

I would actually like to comment on many of the things in the OP, but it looks like I need to focus down to just one or two -

We Are All Super Humans

So basically what I'm saying is we, the people, don't know what happened to us beyond 75 YEARS ago.

Source : OP

75 years is about 3 human generations. A very sobering thought ...

This is the real reason it is possible for a human culture to actually help people evolve. Culture has a memory which far transcends that of a single individual. Indian culture, for instance, can trace back through history at least several thousand years. Such a culture has forgotten more truth than other infantile cultures will ever know ...

The Vedas

The Vedas (Sanskrit véda, "knowledge") are a large body of texts originating in Ancient India. They form the oldest layer of Sanskrit literature and the oldest sacred texts of Hinduism.

Source : Wikipedia

The Vedas.Chronology

The Vedas are among the oldest sacred texts in the world dating from c. 1500-500BCE. Most Indologists agree that an oral tradition existed long before a literary tradition tentatively may have been set in (in one shakha, Kanva) from about the 1st century BCE; however it was again superseded by oral tradition until c. 1000 CE. Due to the ephemeral nature of the manuscript material (birch bark or palm leaves), surviving manuscripts rarely surpass an age of a few hundred years. The Benares Sanskrit University has a Rigveda manuscript of the mid-14th century, however, there are a number of older Veda manuscripts in Nepal belonging to the Vajasaneyi tradition that are dated from the 11th century onwards.

Source : Wikipedia

As an aside, tradition holds that the Vedas themselves refer back to far more ancient times when, "Human knowledge had been perfected."

Joseph Campbell was an interesting western scholar who found himself irresistably drawn to the study of these ancient Eastern teachings. One might even say Campbell was able to achieve, at least within the boundaries of his own life, a significant synthesis of western and eastern world-views.

Here are just a few things he said -

Joseph Campbell Quotes

Follow your bliss and the universe will open doors where there were only walls.

God is a metaphor for that which trancends all levels of intellectual thought. It's as simple as that.

I don't believe people are looking for the meaning of life as much as they are looking for the experience of being alive.

I don't have to have faith, I have experience.

I think the person who takes a job in order to live - that is to say, for the money - has turned himself into a slave.

It is by going down into the abyss that we recover the treasures of life. Where you stumble, there lies your treasure.

Life is without meaning. You bring the meaning to it. The meaning of life is whatever you ascribe it to be. Being alive is the meaning.

Myths are public dreams, dreams are private myths.

Source : BrainyQuote

Moving on to one final part of the OP -

I believe forums such as this one are a good place to start with "awakening" people because we are all a step "ahead" than the average person.

Source : OP + 1

IMHO, I am not sure if this is the best way to look at the situation. It creates sort of an us and them mentality when what is truly needed is an overall unity among people everywhere, no matter where they may seem to us to be. I think it's quite true that we are all exactly where we need to be ...

So, in the spirit of promoting unity, not at all an easy or even promising effort in today's western cultures where we've all been trained since early childhood to compete with one another just about exactly in the same manner as animals living in the forest might compete with each other, I offer the following citation for any who might find it interesting -

A Message to New Initiates

You are a child, a ray, of God the Almighty. You should, therefore, somehow or other, try to unite yourself with Him.

Worldly relations are transient, imperfect and impermanent. It is when we identify ourselves with these changing and evanescent relations that we feel miserable and restless. Our saints and sages who had the knowledge of the three periods of time—past, present and future—during their superconscious state realised the Truth and subsequently declared that God alone is eternal, pure, everlasting and perfect. It is only by knowing Him that one can have supreme peace and bliss. This is the only purpose of human life.

Source : The Divine Life Society

Finally, I close this inappropriately lengthy post with another Campbell quote which is, depending on how you look at it, light heartedly humorous, or possibly extremely profound -

Joseph Campbell Quotes

Computers are like Old Testament gods; lots of rules and no mercy.

Source : BrainyQuote

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by visible_villain

That was a good read.

I think the OP is stating that DHARMA is hitting big time among us:

The various Indian religions and philosophy (Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism, and Sikhism, among others) have all accorded a central focus to Dharma and advocate its practice. Each of these religions emphasizes Dharma as the correct understanding of reality in its teachings. In these traditions, beings that live in accordance with Dharma proceed more quickly toward Dharma Yukam, Moksha or Nirvana (personal liberation). Dharma also refers to the teachings and doctrines of the founders of these traditions, such as those of Gautama Buddha and Mahavira. In traditional Hindu society with its caste structure, Dharma constituted the religious and moral doctrine of the rights and duties of each individual. (see dharmasastra). Dharma in its universal meaning shares much in common with the way of Tao or Taoism.

My share of DHARMA (the truth) goes to.... Everyone is a psychic.

[]´s
RP

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Hi, I'm brand new to this site, and Im glad iv come accross you guys. This topic imediatly intrests me becasue i am a firm believer that something "isnt right" with us/our world. I see through people too much, and see so many events and advances from ourselves as just too coincidental. As in the OP the idea of the matrix in itself is a little far fetched, however it was that film that made me think about myself and the world around me. Maybe i do simply think about too much and convince myself of these things due to historical and personal experience. but in my own head, the one thing that sticks in my head is a quote from the matrix "Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? " food for thought

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
It's funny you should bring this up OP, just yesterday I watched a video about this very topic, there are children being born all over the world who are highly psychic and have incredible "superhuman" skills. He talks about it at length in the second half of the presentation. It's mostly about sacred geometry but that too is a key element, as you will see if you watch...

video.google.com...#

I was taught in CHURCH as a child that we ought to be able to perform miracles just like Jesus, he said so. I could never understand why adults didn't take that part of the teaching seriously, but since it seems that so much knowledge has been purposely hidden and we are herded in the direction of materialism for the benefit of the few who know and understand how alchemy works, it makes sense. I never stopped believing it was possible to have these abilities.

I have an idea about these powers-I think you have to be in a particular condition in order to possess them- and that is, imagine if you had them right now, would you use them in a way that was ethical and did not infringe upon the free will of others? Would you use them in anger? I think not having them gives us a chance to practice emotional self-control so that when and if we do ever develop them, we won't manipulate and control others. Maybe I'm not mature enough emotionally to be superhuman right now.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I think that the illusion you speak of is an accumilation of the Earth losing its "magic". I feel it to...
We have destroyed our forests, damned our rivers, polluted and over fished our oceans and paved much of the Earths surface. All of this together causes a disconnect and a break in our link to the planet.(maybe electro magnetic) It gets harder and harder to speak to the elements and hear an answer. This, I have noticed in my lifetime and I am 33.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic

I use to take everything so seriously a few years ago (school, job, education, etc.) but now it all seems like a big joke. Kind of like a virtual reality.

you're pretty much bang on about us all creating our reality around us. And that's why I reckon that the world is killing Jade Goody. As the paper landed on the floor this morning, I saw her bald little head, sensationalist headline and thought "oh for # sake, get off my paper" And i know that everyone is sick of reading about her. That's just gonna set the world in motion to think "hurry up and die" And if everyone's thinking that, then it's gonna happen alot quicker in this new realisation of reality we have.

Omg, completley agree with the whole jade goody thing....

I think the OP is onto something. Not sure about the whole positive thinking changing your reality though, that others have expressed. Peoples realitys are, in my personal opinion, shaped so much by external forces beyond your control. Anyone know sociology here, it crosses over into the whole nature nurture debate.

I think MISHEIVIOUS ELF is also onto something

"TRUST ME ON THIS though he has some good failsafes built in, so that those who get to obsessed or see the hacks as the truths or right path to his office door are blocked or led on a merry go round within their own illusion."

Sounds very similar to some of einsteins theorys.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join