It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greys are evolved Dolphins!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I am not all that into alien stuff. I think they are real, i think they have always been around, but i spend more time on other topics. But as i was watching Secret Space 2, i saw a picture of a Grey, and it dawned on me, they are the evolution of dolphins!!!

Think about it, dolphins are so gosh darn smart, extreamly long ranged communication with more then one individual at the same time. They have grey skin!! Well here, let them say it.

Some Interesting Facts about Dolphins
Dolphins are of the aquatic mammal family Delphinidae. It is estimated there are between 30 to 40 species of dolphins.

Although they live in water, dolphins are mammals and breath air through their blowhole, which is located at the top of their head. Some types of dolphins must rise to the surface to breathe every 20 to 30 seconds while others can hold their breath as long as 30 minutes.

Dolphins are highly social, playful, curious and intelligent. They live in groups or families called Pods.

Dolphins sleep by resting one half of their brain at a time so that one eye is always open. This allows them to rise to the surface to breathe and to protect themselves from predators.

Male dolphins are called Bulls and female dolphins are called Cows.

A baby dolphin is called a calf. Baby dolphins are born tail first and suckle from their mother for up to 4 years. Mother dolphins produce milk that is extremely rich in fat, often up to 50 percent.

Each dolphin has its own signature whistle to identify itself.

Dolphins have excellent vision and well-developed eyes.

Dolphins are carnivores eating mostly fish and squid and sometimes crustaceans.

Dolphins have a thick layer of fat under their skin called blubber, which helps them to keep warm.
link

Am i crazy or on to something?

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by UnitedSatesofFreemasons

sounds crazy but who can really explain the intelligence of a Dolphin ?

you might want to read this thread here...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
So why do they keep getting trapped in the tuna nets? Those greys must not be that smart.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
so long, and thanks for all the fish!

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
All dolphins are not gray, some are black, and others are black and white. Also where does the killer whale fit into this theory at ; since there are really large dolphins

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by mc_squared

Exactly what I was thinking!

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I think that's highly unlikely, whole species of animals aren't left after evolution.

Maybe they might eventually evolve into greys, but for now they're just more advanced than humans, which is improvement enough

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I think its more accurate to say greys and dolphins might have had a common ancestors.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
theres this guy who claims he caught a gray..
that guy said he caught that alien killing his dog then brought the body back to his house then had his house radied by the fes says he took samples of it's flesh to be analized and the DNA came back as the only recognizeable dna in it being dolphin and sea turtle..
(just search on yahoo for blinking alien) its the guy laying down in tin foil)

so regardless if the above is true or not...

OP, your theory is that grays evolved from dolphins.. now hold on there..
i can get what you're saying.. but i think it's a bit premature.. as in . you had an epiphany and then wrote a thread down without really thinking about it.

personal.uncc.edu...

Once again, the DNA comparison requires context to be meaningful. Granted that a human and ape are over 98% genetically identical, a human and any earthly DNA-based life form must be at least 25% identical. A human and a daffodil share common ancestry and their DNA is thus obliged to match more than 25% of the time. For the sake of argument let’s say 33%.

The point is that to say we are one-third daffodils because our DNA matches that of a daffodil 33% of the time, is not profound, it’s ridiculous. There is hardly any biological comparison you can make which will find us to be one-third daffodil, except perhaps the DNA

they very well could have just "sampled" DNA that has a tough rubbery skin.. and used it to create the skin of dolphins. .AND used it to create the skin of the bodies they wanted to inhabit.

or they could have sampled the dolphin's DNA and used it to create bodies they wanted to inhabit.

once a civilization reaches a certain level of genetic manipulation.. you have to take a step back and think.. just because they are similar in appearance or genetic makeup.. that DOESN'T mean they "evolved" from something that shares a similar characteristic or gene even...

could mean that that genetic code was merely a very useful one for it's purpose.. and used in multiple instances in separate lifeforms..

the "RESPIRATORY" function DNA code.. for example... is a very very necessary code. would you say that anything that "breathes" has evolved from something else that "breathes" because they share a specific code that is the basis from which the bio-chemical mechanics of respiration manifest?

no.

what if we, like Dr Craig Venter, create life from scratch, as he has.. but on a much more complex scale..
and it "breathes" and it has genes identical to that in dolphin skin (because we want our creature to have waterproof buoyant blubbery flesh... ) ..
there would have been no link between the pre-existing dolphin.. and the invented creature we made...
the only similarity would be that their code meets the requirements for the designed purpose.

just like any invention.

so.. just because things are similar.. when you bring in the "intelligence" card... they're not necessarily "evolved" from one another...

with intelligence. .and the ability to invent genes.. copy genes.. create genes.. sample and use pre-existing genes... it's a whole other game.

-

[edit on 2-3-2009 by prevenge]

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Here's a pink one
www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
So they must be really good on rye bread with mayo too then.

not a one liner

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Yes, I have to agree that they share a common ancestry, or many of the same genes through cloning. This is what I felt in their personality. Dr. Michael Wolf's videos on youtube and google videos are very good. His take on ets, on greys and that he never met an et he didn't like, but it is our leaders that are evil, is a view I share.

I believe this series is the one that talks specifically on that. Bear in mind, he is terminally ill and they made this interview as easy as possible for him.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
that is such a silly idea, it actually hurts me.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
does dolphin taste like chicken?

i have a good reason to ask.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Here the United States is on fire and the USD is getting ready to tank and people are more concerned about Dolphins and Aliens! I wish more people would focus on fixing the concern that may in the near future keep them from posting their precious Alien threads in ATS because they can't pay their electric bill.

Thats right keep watcing the sky, that way you won't see the Fema officer before he decks you and drags you off to a camp!

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
This is a very interesting and unique theory. I never heard of this correlation before, but let me humor this topic with some quick ideas that ran threw my head.

If an advanced species of dolphin evolved to become Greys, it is possible that they evolved from the same common ancestor as modern dolphins. This can be paralleled by humans and the great apes evolving from the same common ancestor.

Greys evolving from aquatic creatures in an aquatic world could explain the USO (Unidentified Submerged Object) phenomena. Perhaps these Greys developed technology separate from us humans in a far distant underwater kingdom.

The theory of Greys being evolved from dolphins or a common ancestor, along with the USO phenomena could help give credibility to the concept of the 1989 movie The Abyss

This isn't something I'm going to stand behind, I'm just adding speculation and ideas

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by SumnerKagan
that is such a silly idea, it actually hurts me.

what's silly is your seemingly inability to add constructively to a discussion.

the OP made an observation, though I pointed out in my first ppost above, i believe there's alot more to contemplate when comparing the reports and description of the skin of "greys" having parallels with the description skin of dolphins..

can you begin to contemplate this hypothetical comparison?
if so, then lets see where yo ugo with it..

if not, then fine..
but it doesn't mean you need to take your initial knee-jerk un-thought-out reaction and expell your rejection of the thought without seriously contemplating it.. through a shot one line-er post..

in doing so.. you're just verbally defecating on yourself and this thread.

anyway.. back to topic..

on the hypothetical idea that the man who "captured a grey" and videotaped it and had its dna analized. and had it come back as the only aspects of it being identifiable with dolphin and sea turtle..

one might take note of the general longevity of sea turtles.. some reaching up to 200 years old.
would this be a valuable set of dna code to incorporate into your own gnome if you had the ability to do so?
one might think that would be a wise decision.

-

[edit on 2-3-2009 by prevenge]

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sahabi

This isn't something I'm going to stand behind, I'm just adding speculation and ideas

Nope sorry I'm holding you to that!

Hey whats all the ruckus? I mean think about it the dolphins have been around a heck of a lot longer than Modern Humans whose to say they didn't develop technology and left the Earth hundreds of millions of years ago before we popped up?

Also the Earth IS mostly water so if an Alien is cruising through space and comes upon the Earth they may think that the real intelligent species would be aquatic and they wont be far off the mark.

Also whose to say that the Greys are not time travelers from Earths future and they came back here to try and stop man from destroying the planet so their ancient dolphin ancestors have a chance to survive when man destroys himself.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join