It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange lights ufo's?appear alongside the moon.Good footage.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Banater
I also recall this fellow had supposedly captured a video of an alien entering his room at night! I never heard much more about it after that.

Yeah, at first he claimed the vid as an "alien abduction".
Then the story was that it just showed "an entity" in his room.
The video was so dark it was worthless. Brian Vike thought so much of it, it's not even on the site anymore

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by bloodcircle

Originally posted by dainoyfb
There wasn't a blue moon in 2005 but there was one on 02July04. On that night the moon and stars looked like this:

If you pause the video around 4:00 it is strikingly similar and I'm wondering if the double lights aren't from viewing through a glass pain or a protective screw on window. Still doesn't explain the stobing lights bottom right however. I haven't looked at this seriously yet but wanted to get it out there. Still checking things.

That is interesting, here is a quick composition of a frame from the video and a snippet of the image you just posted, and they are very similar, slightly off on size, but there are many reasons that can be accepted.

Hrmmmm...

[edit on 3/1/2009 by bloodcircle]

Superb investigation work there,star for you.That has got to be a very strong contender of an explanation as it looks identical.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by bloodcircle

I don't know if anyone picked this up, but at about 20 seconds he says: "it's actually called a blue moon. 'cause it's two nights in a row with a full moon." So unless he misspoke, it might not have been an actual blue moon.

What still puzzles me:

#1. why they are orange in color, like the moon. (edit: nevermind. This could be due to atmospheric haze.)

#2. why he couldn't see them at all without the camera view finder.

#3. how they seemed to be splitting and merging in different directions.

[edit on 2-3-2009 by JohnJetson]

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raud
If they would be flares...what would be their purpose?

Aren't such flares to either illuminate the battle ground or deflect heat seeking missiles?

If they are to illuminate, aren't they a little too high up? And not really falling down either...

If they are counter-measures, should they not move even more rapidly than if they were for illumination even?

If they are dispersed by helicopter or jet, should not these have been heard?

Most Flares are used by military aircraft are used as countermeasures or battelfield illumination. There are many different types of flares too. I worked for 6 years in Air Force munitions. LUU-1 and LUU-2 type flares are probably a good 2-3 feet long and I've seen them usually flown in
A-10's.. They are commonly carried in a pod that holds a total of 8 flares (4 tubes in the pod with 2 flares in tandem in each tube). They have a pretty large parachute that maximizes the flare's time over the battlefield to illuminate it. The military sais the phoenix lights were this same exact kind of battlefield illumination flare.. But it doesn't explain everything that people saw.

Regardless, taking the phoenix lights scenario as a general example, you would normally see probably one or two of these fired off at a time. It is probably possible to fire off all 8 in rapid succession but for training I've seen most pilots drop one or two and then circle back around for whatever they are doing at the time (whether it be strafing runs or bomb runs using BDU practice bombs).

Usually, aircraft using these flares for training purposes would definately use them over a training/bomb range. That is the point of using them for training (so they can illuminate said target and fire at it). In fact, the few times I've seen these flares used from a distance it has always been over a bomb range. I've never seen them used any other way..

You can envision what it would look like for an aircraft to drop off a few of these things and fly off. But the aircraft would normally circle back around to return at some point unless they are just trying to fire them off to get rid of them. I am hearing that there WERE aircraft lights seen in the video though.

All I'm saying... Bomb range.. Aircraft lights in the area... It makes sense.

-ChriS

[edit on 2-3-2009 by BlasteR]

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 04:08 AM
link   
i had to watch the video 4 times to actually catch that light. yeas, it is there. it's so nice that someone got an actual video of it. great jon man!

------------------------------
[advert link removed]

[edit on 2-3-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

I watched the video and at the 52 second mark on the right hand corner
there appears to be a white round light in the sky?
The guy that taped this made it feel like there wasn't any
thing else in the sky but the moon at the time of the filming??? Maybe he saw theses things before hand then incorporated them into the video as a UFO?

~peace

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   

UFOs Spain 11.2.2009

What do you think?

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Wow although I have never seen flares I would assume they
would act just like that video from Spain. Pretty cool that they made a V
formation though before they vanished slowly.

~peace

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Ok ... feel free to ignore the testimony of people who DO know what a flare looks like . For the love of God READ THE DAMNED THREAD.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by starlitestarbrite

I don`t think it`s a flare.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
For the record, a friend of mine was in the air force and he said it was not uncommon to launch flares mid flight just for the purpose of messing with the public. They were doing it when he started and they were doing it when he left. Not saying what was in the footage were flares but I can't help always thinking about what my friend told me.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Jnewell33

Thats interesting information, and no doubt it will come in handy for future debunkings of obvious training ops, filmed to look like ufo.
Perhaps you ought to find out more about the shennanigans of the forces if you can, and make a thread ? Sounds like a fairly pointless waste of resources to me , and therefore someone on the boards will want to know !

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by lunarminer

OK, but this is the first time I heard of something like that, specially considering the difference in the wavelengths and their energy.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Banater

Yes, that is the same article to which I tried to post a link yesterday, but for some reason I could not.

The link on yesterday's post is now correct, it's this page from the Internet Archive. The videos are not available on the Internet Archive page but the audio is available.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I spent six years training under the light of military flares...
These aren't flares.

I think this case has been satisfactorily explained. Stars.

The reason they appear to be disappearing and reappearing is because there is obviously a tree in the field of view. When it sways in the wind, it blots out some of the lights, but the dude has the camera set really dark.. You can't see the tree until it obscures the moon... and this happens twice during the shot.

I would wager that the strobing light at the end of the shot is a cell tower.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Ugh! Until I see night-vision (UV, IR or whatever) technologies in place to debunk these types of footage, I won't believe any strange lights in the night skies are UFOs!

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I found these three videos that I think are the ones from the original article, but I have no way of knowing it.

(click to open player in new window)

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by pikypiky
Ugh! Until I see night-vision (UV, IR or whatever) technologies in place to debunk these types of footage, I won't believe any strange lights in the night skies are UFOs!

I'm trying:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

But skies have been pretty quiet in my area.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   

have been studying suppossed ufo`s for bout 8 years solid and have had quite a few encounters with various craft and have got pictures and video footage of objects around the moon the same or similar to this video!i know ufo`s exist but im not buying the "we are ivestigating ufo`s crap and DaH we`re trying to shoot em outa the sky bull#,oh if the government are telling us this they cant possibly know what ufo`s are can they?yeah right!any way someone or something knows a lot more than what ufo`s are and where we come from and will stop at nothing to conceal these facts!there cant be life in space,look we`ve only just managed to put a man on the moon and again ANOTHER "YEAH RIGHT",iv`e seen plenty of evidence to say we are with out a doubt part of a greater picture and maybe always have been but BIG BROTHER will never want us to find out.this is nothing to do with mass hysteria and all about control your most sincerly Mr T.Simkins cornwall.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   

I don't know much about this type of stuff but i do know that i can do that on my computer it is simple it may be lights that were hung above them and they were just dimming them. ****This is only my option****

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join