It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange lights ufo's?appear alongside the moon.Good footage.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Hey, I don't think anyone else noticed this but exactly at 9:29 frame, right before the video cuts, the cameraman zooms in on the bottom right object at that time.

A small light appears above it, and then it looks to be that it bolts right in an instant and is gone.

Apart from the splitting/disappearing/appearing. I'd say thats the coolest part of the video.

Cheers!
Ryan

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Well I don't know what that was for sure. I would like to point out that CCD cameras are more sensitive to infrared than the human eye. So, the objects are most likely emitting heat. That would account for the objects showing up on video but not being visible to the human eye.

Since, there is a military base nearby these are probably the heat signatures of military jets on night ops. Jet engines emit a lot of heat and would be visible to a camera for miles and miles.

I discount the possibility of flares since they would most likely be visible. There is a point where anti-collision lights seem to be visible and that would reinforce the military aircraft idea.

We do not hear aircraft noises on the video but the audio level does seem to be pretty low. I'll listen to it again with my noise cancelling headphones.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Wow, very nice footage. As far as flares go..lol you're kidding right? If you think those are flares you need your eyes checked. Flares don't stay in one spot, and they don't fade out then fade back in, and they certainly don't break up into two seperate flares out of nowhere. And since when are flares, or "chinese lanterns" invisible to the naked eye? I worry about some of you ats people sometimes. I really do..

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by lunarminer

I got my noise cancelling headphones out and listened to the whole thing again. The guy is near a road, since there are several times in the video where you can hear a truck driving by in the background. There is a lot of white noise as well that could be automobile traffic. The audio is not very good and it sounds like the guy is wearing a lapel mike, which is not very sensitive. The reason that I say this is that there are several times when the guy moves the camera that you can hear noises that sound like this clothing brushing the microphone. This often happens with a lapel mike.

I did not hear any jet noises but the objects, whatever they were, might be too far away to hear. For instance if the lights are more than 10 miles away, you would probably not hear the engine noise.

The guy says that the moon is rising, so the lights are probably close to the horizon since they appear under the rising moon. This could indicate that the light source are aircraft at altitude, and not in a landing pattern or something like that.

It could also be that the light sources are tall towers and so they would not emit sound. Although the guy in the video says that the lights are moving around, they seem to be stationary with respect to each other.

I will assume for the sake of argument that they are aircraft. So, I would guess helicopters on night manuevers, using FLIR (Forward Looking Infrared) technology. This would explain the lights being visible to the video camera but not the naked eye. It would also explain why they seem to switch on and off. The FLIR equipment swivels and so the IR emitter would look like it was turned off, when it was swiveled away from the camera. It would also explain what looks like anti-collision lights. If you watch footage of helicopters on night manuevers, there are anti-collision lights in the nightvision images, which I am sure are not visible to the human eye.

So, that is my take on it.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by lunarminer

The infrared light that the CCD sensors "see" is not the same as the one that thermal imagers "see", the common CCDs are only sensitive to near infrared, not the long-wavelength infrared that is emited by heat sources.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

It's even older, it's from 2005, as you can see in this Rense page from that 2007 thread.

And there was even a 2005 thread, posted by eaglewingz in the same post where he posted the Rense page.

Unfortunately almost all links are dead.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lee_K

Something also seems strange to me too. I mean why film the moon for 2 and a half minutes in the first place?

I've filmed the moon for a lot longer than that.
It's a rather spell like activity for some of us.
Mesmerizing.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Very interesting. But who just sits there and films the moon?

Edit: Sorry didn't see that this question was already asked

[edit on 1-3-2009 by Dienekes]

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
The original article posted on HBCC UFO Research site is available in the Internet Archive, here.

Unfortunately, the videos are not available.

[edit on 1/3/2009 by ArMaP]

[edit on 1/3/2009 by ArMaP]

[edit on 2/3/2009 by ArMaP]

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
So..to all the people screaming flare.....would you suggest that they are MJU-7, or MJU-53's? I am a military man who builds munitions....and trust me...those are not flares...we do build particular parachute Flare's...particularly ones shot out of a LUU...but they do not burn that long....not to mention that spurradic dropping of the munitions...that would mean many aircraft,,,and that would be heard...and if it were aircraft lights...they would be moving to the right/or left at a much quicker rate of speed...trust me on this one...FLARE=NEGATIVE!!!

Here's a video of some Angel Flare Decoys...does that video look like those??? I think not!!!

Angel Flare Decoys

[edit on 3/1/2009 by StretchUSAF]

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
First, theres no flare I have ever seen that hangs around for this long without obvious changes in its orientation. They test flares about five miles from my house, at a test range that my father works on , and I know what they look like after what... twenty years here. Kinda familiar with thier behaviour. These are not such objects, if you think they are, you need to find a test range where they do flare tests, and observe them, and then kick yourself for your ignorance.
Secondly , those there arent stars.Nor are they lanterns. Lanterns and flares share a propensity to be blown and buffeted by wind. Theres zero evidence of the standard motion patterns for something like that.
If the objects in question are not artefacts of the equipment , then they are under power. I have only ever seen something stay that solid in the air when I have seen helicopter displays at airshows. That said , if they are choppers it might explain the visibility issue the cameraman was having. Many modern military helis have infra red seeking equipment ,so maybe the camera picked up on something from that...
If its not helicopters or something like that, then I would love to know what the hell it is... but I know for sure what it isnt. I agree with a previous post that requested professional examination of this vid.

[edit on 1-3-2009 by TrueBrit]

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
It's easy to call these lanterns or flares.

However, its also easy to presume that UFO's would only appear as the classic triangular craft and dancing lights. If what we are really dealing with here is genuine UFO's than their behavior is unpredictable.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by waveguide3
There are what look like aircraft strobes amongst the lights from the 9:30 point. The presence of the strobes suggest to me that these are flares released from planes or helicopters.
The camera is also showing quite a few hot pixels, but these aren't contributing to the images.

WG3

Do flares stay stationary like that in the same spot for that long? or do they seperate? I don't know much about them but maybe somebody on here does.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by LucidDreamer85

Originally posted by waveguide3
There are what look like aircraft strobes amongst the lights from the 9:30 point. The presence of the strobes suggest to me that these are flares released from planes or helicopters.
The camera is also showing quite a few hot pixels, but these aren't contributing to the images.

WG3

Do flares stay stationary like that in the same spot for that long? or do they seperate? I don't know much about them but maybe somebody on here does.

a few posts up StretchUSAF posted a video of some flares

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by dainoyfb

I have to agree here. That tree seemed to have been swaying in the wind blocking out lights.

The separating light was peculiar, though...

I think the strobing light might have been a cell tower.

Good find at any rate.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Similar (but more dramatic) phenomenon was filmed on Feb 26th, 2009.
They really don't look like "chinese lanterns" or flares to me.
Especially considering that they appear to be coming out from behind the moon.

[edit on 1-3-2009 by lo_fye]

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by lo_fye

I have already posted this link earlier in the thread... the footage here is over Spain shot by American tourists' on the 11th February, not the 26th.

But, yes similar, and dramatic, and very interestingly shot over the ocean.

Thanks for embedding I just linked the page.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
For everyone saying and asking why he was filming the moon, there are 2 reasons I can think of why he was.

First, no life and likes to film random things.

And second on a more serious note, I think he was originally filming it because it seemed almost red (I forget what it's called but some type of eclipse or something) so it would make sense to film it if it was a rare thing.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Sorry about that.
I actually did check the thread first, but I didn't see your link

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
If they were flares, wouldn't he have seen them with his eyes?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join