It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange lights ufo's?appear alongside the moon.Good footage.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
How about some type of lensing artifact?

The voice in the video says they can only be seen on camera.

So, either the camera is detecting infra-red and producing the images or there is something going on inside the camera that is generating the images.

Or, U.F.O.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Nirgal

That is a good point that I had forgotten,he said he could not see them ,therefore they could not be flares or he is telling porkies .Maybe he knew that they would be there and is trying to make the sighting more mysterious.

[edit on 1-3-2009 by tarifa37]

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
yea i like that people are saying flares and what-not but the guy says he cant see them with his naked eyes, cant see them with his eyes but can with the camera at the same distance wothout problems.
towards the end i dont know if anyone notices when he says start wars i can see what he means, there is a slightly faded flashing light diagonally up left from the one he is filming, it looks like its shootin something at the other one. if you look closely you can see it faintly! its either shooting it or there are others just flying past at high speed?
check it out

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Nirgal

thought I had is that orbs can't be seen by the eye either, just the camera... of course there's the whole dust particle vs. real orb issue, much like the flares/chinese lanterns/lens artifact vs. ufo issue.

my first reaction was that these look like stars that are being blocked by something, then unblocked, but that doesn't really make sense. I don't agree they look like flares - they don't fall, don't move relative to one another.

interesting video anyways.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I like this vid, S&F for the find.
A very interesting watch. I particularly took note, as the OP mentions of his video of the flashing lights rising vertically from the orb/craft at the end of the shoot around 9:30>.

The fact that he couldn't see the craft with the naked eye may also support the theory that in order to travel at such speeds in the vacuum of space these things need to be made of almost pure energy which would make them impossible to see in the normal colour spectrum, but potentially visible in the UV energy field.

Military bases will always throw up question marks however... black project test flights? I don't buy flares or lanterns based on the light sequences at the end of the video.

It reminds me of this sighting on the 11th Feb over Spain - what I find more intriguing about the Spanish footage however is that this happens clearly over the ocean, and the objects seem to form a perfect 'V' formation.

Is there already a thread on this?

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 1-3-2009 by Pr0t0]

[edit on 1-3-2009 by Pr0t0]

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
The future of technology perhaps and we dont know it, Camera's and Camcorders are recording 4th density?

Just thinking outloud, seeing as the eye cant see it and " alien " type craft apparently come from ....erm ..... other dimensions??

IP

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Nirgal

Assuming the video isn't bogus: Many CCD based cameras pick up light frequencies that are just outside the range we can see. With many cameras it is possible to photo remote controls and see the glow from the beam.

I don't think the lights are hot-pixels. Hot pixels should be visible against a black sky regardless of the optical zoom provided the aperture remains the same.

The video looks like it is 'through the lens' (TTL). There's nothing to indicate that it's reflective semi-opaque dirt on the lens because the image appears to scale proportionally with the zoom. It doesn't look like lens flair.

YouTube and reencoding can kill detail so it's difficult to get a sense of context. I suspect objects that are hot and emitting or reflecting wavelengths of light that we can't see but the camera can. I don't think flares can be ruled out because it could be a combination of flares and an aircraft. Flares hover for ages, they are hot. That could be wrong though, and it could be something higher up in the atmosphere. It could also be something prosaic.

I don't think it is possible to say anything definite on the available evidence. The devil is in the detail.

[edit on 1-3-2009 by jackphotohobby]

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
This reminds me of a UFO that was on that UFO hunters show. It was just a single ball of light, but it was red like these, and it could only be seen on camera. I think it was the episode where they mostly talked about the O'hare UFO.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Very interesting video!

Hot pixels wont seperate nor will they bounce around with other things in the shot as the camera shakes.

CCD imagers do pick up outside of the visual spectrum somewhat even in normal mode.

A good find OP!

Cheers!!!!

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Those objects blinking in and out at will are not flares or lanterns.

Great find. I wonder how many ufos we all could catch just by filming the sky nightly if they are hiding in a light wavelength we cant see?

[edit on 1-3-2009 by Zudrummer] for spelling

[edit on 1-3-2009 by Zudrummer]

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
does anyone know if those lights correspond with any star/planet formations?

something is not quite right with this video in my humble opinion.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
well nice shoot But Just 1 question. Did anyone notice the background stars stay stationary while the moon and "ufo" lights move in conjuction with each other.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I say they can't be flares and/or chinese lanterns. They faded completely and came back. They changed formations. Lanterns and flares, even, won't change direction like that, and I don't buy that if that were the case, it was the wind.
And if it were top-secret military, then why the spectacular light show??
Beautiful footage.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
What UFO? Are you people that desperate to want to find a UFO that you will believe anything? Stand back, what do you see? Just some blurry image of some lights/dots, the same as all the other thousands of 'UFO' videos, that turn out to be nothing.
Get me a high resolution video of a UFO, on film with the negatives.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
The lights only seem to disappear when he changes position so I'm thinking branches of the tree are blocking their view (the same tree that occults the moon at 6:12 and 6:30). He may not be able to see them because he is looking through different gaps in the branches than the camera. Disappointing in all that time he didn't mention time or date. I'm trying to match constellations but without time and date its laborious. On the last blue moon (30June07) there were a number medium bright stars near the moon but I'm not getting a good match. The moon was just on the edge of the Milky Way so there were plenty of bright astronomical objects in the area that need sorting through. The flashing light is peculiar but I wouldn't be surprised that if he had actually gotten night mode going he/we would see detail that might have exposed it as a ground object. Still researching.

[edit on 1-3-2009 by dainoyfb]

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

Thats a fun video, thanks for sharing.

I do have to question why he was recording the moon for so long in the first place before all the lights start popping up, but your right, he sounds like I would sound if I was witnessing it. Good find.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
A tree or something appear from the right at approx 6:00 and disappear and come back again. Windy or just somebody holding a brush with some leds in front of the camera

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by eaglewingz

I thought it looked familiar, thanks for that link.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by dmcefc
does anyone know if those lights correspond with any star/planet formations?

something is not quite right with this video in my humble opinion.

Something also seems strange to me too. I mean why film the moon for 2 and a half minutes in the first place? Also the tree. But there could be good explanations for these 2.

If there is then that is some pretty good footage. I would like to see a professional study these films and find out the legitimacy. Also any other reports of these things.

Is the person who filmed this the one who uploaded it? It might be worth trying to get in touch with the guy who filmed it.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Lee_K

It would seem this is an older video from 2007 shot in Dakota that was discussed before on this thread www.abovetopsecret.com... although reading through that thread I don't think they got to the bottom of it conclusively.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join