It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rush Limbaugh calls on conservatives to take back nation

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Rush Limbaugh certainly knows how to push conservatism.
It's too bad he isn't associated with any actual conservatives.

I've heard him go on for a 10 minute rant about fiscal conservatism, social conservatism, etc. Unfortunately the rant ends with him naming off some other neo-conservative.

He'll be lining up to sell Jindal, like the rest of the GOP right now.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Swatman

Therein lies the answer. Third party. The Conservative party. If the Republicans fail to regain the conservative agenda, then the only recourse is to split and absorb voters from the two existing parties. If they fail, the Republic is dead and we will be at some form of civil war within a decade.

You asked what the Republicans stand for...truthfully I do not even know anymore, but I can damn well tell you what conservatives stand for, it is that piece of paper that is in an almost nuke proof vault in D.C. The Constitution.

In war you use whatever tools and means you have at your disposal, right now the tool for conservatives is the Republican party.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
It almost sounds like he is getting ready to run for office, if he is, he better ditch the skeletons in his closet because the more Conservative you are, the more the media will expose them.

I used to listen to this guy many, many years ago, just before Clinton became Prez and he hasn't changed. I catch him from time to time by accident and he really makes plenty of great points, but I can see why people don't like him, because he really is super arrogant.
I've also noticed he steals ideas from Michael Savage and ends up getting credit for them just because he runs with them.
Talent on loan from God, and ideas stolen from Savage.

[edit on 1-3-2009 by Alxandro]

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Swatman

i believe you, but if the Republican party is as separate as you say, what the hell do they believe in?

Power.

Just like the Democrats.

I will never trust any of the STILL sitting members of COngress that helped push our deficit beyond the brink.

They need to be ousted out of the government...i could care less where they stand now.

Once a cheat....ALWAYS a cheat.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Limbaugh did have a good speech today, the only problem is that this CPAC convention is chock full of moderates.

That seems to be the on going theme I'm seeing within the Republican movement, I don't call them conservative because even though they talk a good game that is all it is just talk. They fail to walk the walk.

I was watching his speech on FOX and after it was over they said that the vote they took on who they want to nominate for president in 2012 was Romney.

All I could say to myself is didn't they learn anything from this past election?

I'm seriously doubt there is going to another "republican revolution" like they had back in 1994. All the moderates are getting all the air time and the true conservatives keep getting pushed to the back.

I'm seriously ill, they keep talking about what they need to do, but actually fail to do it.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   
it is because of complete dependency on big business in our countries that we are all screwed.
they now hold all the money we need

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   
LIKE THEY HAD THE NATION WHEN BUSH HAD IT............

What is the matter with that man? Doesnt he know that there is no more left and right, Dem or Republican?????????

I think the drugs ate his brain.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Rush Limbaugh is the most vile American I've ever heard on a radio, Tv or any outlet ever. Its not necessarily what he says but how he says it. He cannot ever point out one pleasant thing about people he doesnt agree with. His tactics are pure ideological bulldozing and manipulative rhetoric. Add to this, his utterly crass comments that he spews in regular intervals against unfortunate people merely because they dont subscribe to his ideology is frankly sadistic and vile.

He calls himself a Christian, an American and a human being, unfortunately for him he is far from what he claims to be and most likely he will never know it. He is utterly divisive and utterly derogatory to independent thought. His trick is to charge people to listen to his venom and propaganda, thereby making it 'authentic' and 'valuable' information. Anybody who sells their politics is perverse.

People should listen to him and always as a rule believe the exact opposite. He would make the perfect Himmler of our time if he had something like a secret police force under him to round up people he thinks are making America "weak". He should be on some FBI watch list as the probability that he will form his own cult and do something more than just talking is quite high.

[edit on 1-3-2009 by IAF101]

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Let's cut to the chase, ok?

Rush Limbaugh is a lying fanatical pill popping hypocrital blow hard who will say or do anything to advance his exteme far right agenda and that of his corporate elitist masters.

Anyone who puts any stock in ANYTHING he says is a stone cold idiot that should be thinned from the herd.

Since preventing idiots from participating in democracy is self nullifying what we have to do is challenge these morons at every level and every claim.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

"While I agree with everything he's said about the Liberal agenda, the Conservative agenda is not exactly constitutional either. Lot's of things happened under Bush's watch that were completely unconstitutional, and spending increased to dramatic records during the Conservative tenure as of late".

I Don't think Bush is an example of a Conservative. At least not my definition. He is just a Republican.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by phinubian

You're not serious, phinubian, are you? The tired "we don't live in an Ozzie and Harriet world anymore?" I mean, come on. Deal with these historical facts as compiled by a female black republican. And it's a logical fallacy to discount her because you might say you can't be black and a republican. Why not? Martin Luther King was.

Obama, following in the footsteps of his white ancestors, is also part of the Democratic Party that: (1) fought to keep blacks in slavery; (2) started the Ku Klux Klan to lynch and terrorize Republicans—black and white; (3) passed the discriminatory Black Codes and Jim Crow laws; (4) fought every piece of civil rights legislation from the 1860’s to the 1960’s; and (5) attacked Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. and other civil rights protesters with skin-burning fire hoses and vicious dogs.

Another little known fact

While hiding the racist past of the Democratic Party, Obama refuses to give credit to the Republican Party that: (1) started in 1854 as the anti-slavery party and fought to free blacks from slavery; (2) amended the Constitution to grant blacks freedom, citizenship and the right to vote; (3) started the NAACP to stop the Democrats from lynching blacks; (4) passed the civil rights laws of the 1860’s that were overturned by the Democrats when they took over Congress in 1892; (5) founded the HBCUs; (6) started affirmative action enforcement in 1969 to help blacks get jobs and contracts based on merit; and (7) fought the Democrats for over six decades until Republicans finally achieved passage of the civil rights laws of the 1950’s and 1960’s under the leadership of Republican Senator Everett Dirksen of Illinois.

It defies logic for Democrats to claim that, after Republicans spent over 100 years fighting the Democrats on behalf of blacks and finally won, all the racist Democrats suddenly rushed into the Republican Party. In fact, those racist Democrats declared that that they would rather vote for a “yellow dog” than a Republican because the Republican Party was known as the party for blacks. Facts about the racist past of the Democratic Party can be found in such books as A Short History of Reconstruction by Dr. Eric Foner, Unfounded Loyalty by Rev. Wayne Perryman, Bamboozled by Angela McGlowan, and Wrong on Race by Bruce Bartlett.

The Black Republican

Exposed in these books are the facts that the chief opponents of the landmark 1964 Civil Rights Act were Democrat Senators Sam Ervin, Albert Gore, Sr. and Robert Byrd, a former member of the Ku Klux Klan. Democrat President Lyndon Johnson is applauded as a proponent of civil rights. However, in his 4,500-word State of the Union Address delivered on January 4, 1965, Johnson mentioned scores of topics for federal action, but only thirty five words were devoted to civil rights. He did not mention one word about voting rights.

Democrat President John F. Kennedy is lauded as a civil rights advocate. In reality, Kennedy voted against the 1957 Civil rights Act while he was a senator, as did Democrat Senator Al Gore, Sr. After he became president, John F. Kennedy opposed the 1963 March on Washington by Dr. King that was organized by A. Phillip Randolph who was a black Republican. President Kennedy, through his brother Attorney General Robert Kennedy, had Dr. King wiretapped and investigated by the FBI on suspicion of being a Communist in order to undermine Dr. King.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
Big government will always oppress people...ALWAYS.

When it comes to getting into controlling the majorities lives yes it needs to be kept small. As does our military. It need to be kept at at a size that can defend the nation but not project our corporate will on other countries...the attack dog of the super rich.

Its a tightrope.

If we had not let corporations lobbyists change our regulations like they did in the 80's and 90's we would still have a good manufacturing base. If we had kept regulations over the lenders, corporate trade and media being owned by a minority of corporations we would not be in the mess we see ourselves in today.

Most people are not grasping the big picture. We did have the power at one time to call the shots and keep the corporations from running from country to country chasing the lowest wages and regulations possible. We are seeing a global meltdown that is engineered to finally kill off the worlds middle class and take its teeth. The super rich, corporate leaders and banks will ride out the storm and wait for you to stave and come groveling to them to work for nothing just so you can survive. Both side are working this agenda.

We had a chance at fair trade (free trade is a farce to let corporations have slave labor) about 25-30 years ago. Reagan killed that in the guise of whats good for the rich is good for the little guy and make most of you think anything else is a handout.

The brainwashing has been completed and the chess pieces are in position get ready to ride the lightning. Twenty years from now your children will work in an American sweat shop.

The only thing that will fix our dire engineered situation is divine intervention.

Republicans work one side of the street and democrats work the other. we are in the middle getting squeezed hard. Good by to yellow brick road where the dogs of society howl...

[edit on 1-3-2009 by LoneGunMan]

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
This is just a ploy by the PTB to keep us divided, Limbaugh wants to use history to prove liberal policies do not work. Yet our current situations was not caused by liberal policies. We currently have the largest Federal government in history, largest dept, eroded constitution a increase in our Empire needed to be funded at all of our expense.

There are good and bad parts of both conservatism and liberalism, but we continually only get the worst parts.

I'm past caring whether or not a policy is good or bad (morally), I'm only interested in results and if it works or not.

The "conservatives" had there chance to fix the USA and look at where we are.

BTW the only people he is firing up are the ones that already agree with him, and they just lost a election by a good margin.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Sorry Rush ... I stand by real republican ideoligies and not that neoconservative drivel that you shill for three hours a day. The days of you being relevant as a true republican are long gone and I find you to be unlistenable anymore.

Rush has possibly met with Obama and lied about it:

There was a day in January when Rush claimed he didn't meet with Obama and other neocons, including Bill Kristol, in Washington. His fill in host admitted on the air that he went to Washington to have a secret meeting with Barak! He mentioned this umpteen times while he was filling in.

Why would he even say that if it wasn't true? I was listening both days and when Rush got back and told a story about him going to have a private meeting with Bush my b.s. radar went off. It sounded like an obvious lie. If memory serves me correctly he went to see Bush just a few months prior to that. Now tell me, what radio personalities spend that much time with the president?

hotair.com/archives/2009/01/13/is-obama-meeting-with-rush-limbaugh-tonight/

We're being gamed by both sides and they're in bed together. The real revolution starts with Ron Paul.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Bush's administration wasn't very consevative in my opinion. I don't feel the current Republican party really represents conservatives any more, hence the growing surge in the Libertarian movement.

I do feel America needs a new truly conservative candidate for the country's sake. After the unpopularity of Bush, any democrat could have won the election. If conservatives are to take charge a new face with true conservative values must emerge.

THAT will be difficult with the MSM's aversion to anything conservative.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by slicobacon

We need libertarians. We've had two parties trying to destroy freedom for so long that we need a libertarian to restore what this country used to be. A Constitutional Republic.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by David9176

According to this ATS thread, and the video in it, saying "we are broke" couldn't be further from the truth.
It makes sense that we (U.S.A.) are capable of fooling the world, fixing the markets, hiding trillions of dollars, in order to take out the other super powers, so that we remain on top (or take the lead role in the n.w.o).
It's a long video, about 2 hours, but it is very informative.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Henry Fnord
Let's cut to the chase, ok?

Rush Limbaugh is a lying fanatical pill popping hypocrital blow hard who will say or do anything to advance his exteme far right agenda and that of his corporate elitist masters.

Anyone who puts any stock in ANYTHING he says is a stone cold idiot that should be thinned from the herd.

Since preventing idiots from participating in democracy is self nullifying what we have to do is challenge these morons at every level and every claim.

you did not watch the speech. leave this thread tool.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
reply to post by slicobacon

We need libertarians. We've had two parties trying to destroy freedom for so long that we need a libertarian to restore what this country used to be. A Constitutional Republic.

I agree. That being said, I think Rush is a model American and those who disagree with his ideals either are fools, or have never listened to him for more than 5 mins. I am a registered Independent because I agree that both the major parties in this country are corrupt. However, Rush is correct in his predictions 99% of the time. And that's not a made up statistic. He actually is documented correct 99% of the time.

I challenge everyone who thinks that they disagree with Rush to listen to him for one month and realize what his message is. One day will get you no where. A month will give you the foundation you will need to understand. If you disagree after a month, fine. I can respect that. But even if you still disagree with him, you will realize he's not an evil hate monger like the media makes him out to be.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I agree with what he says about Obama. Obama has a very unique way of eloquently stating ideas of pure stupidity. Why do people fall for it? My brother used to say (about his ex-wife)..."It doesn't have to work -- it just needs to look good," which is representative of Obama's ilk.

[edit on 1-3-2009 by Snooze]

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join