It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rush Limbaugh calls on conservatives to take back nation

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Rush Limbaugh calls on conservatives to take back nation

www.cnn.com

"He played to his crowd here," CNN Political Editor Mark Preston said. "And this crowd is now energized, something we haven't seen from Republicans, certainly not conservatives, since the November election."

Limbaugh used his self-described "first national address," which ran more than hour longer than his allotted 20 minutes, to criticize President Barack Obama for inspiring fear in Americans in order to push a liberal agenda of "big government."

"He wants people in fear, angst and crisis, fearing the worst each and every day because that clears the decks for President Obama and his pals to come in with the answers which are abject failures, historically shown and demonstrated. Doesn't matter. They'll have control of it when it's all over. And that's what they want," Limbaugh said.

"They see these inequalities, these inequities that capitalism produces. How do they try to fix it? Do they try to elevate those at the bottom? No, they try to tear down the people at the top. "
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
What is with this dude? I am guessing he really is working for someone, and has an agenda of getting us upset and rioting? Come on...
Even if Americans were really upset, most would happily become homeless and hungry, without caring to take out the government that intentionally did it to them.

I did a search, to see if this was already somewhere... didn't see it.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
i saw the speech today. i personally do not care for limbaugh but he gave a really good speech today about liberal ideology that i always believed was true. he even mentioned that he used no teleprompter like some other people lol

[edit on 28-2-2009 by Swatman]

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
LOL... you want a relevant speech that speaks to liberalism of our time.... watch this. Seriously, the warnings of over 40 years ago echo today!

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
While I agree with everything he's said about the Liberal agenda, the Conservative agenda is not exactly constitutional either. Lot's of things happened under Bush's watch that were completely unconstitutional, and spending increased to dramatic records during the Conservative tenure as of late. Both want to spend, but they have different ideas as to what we should pour money into. None of it has anything to do with what the American people want. Both parties are self-serving ideologues akin to religious zealots allowing no sunlight between their BS to highlight a little truth. It's all distorted.

The constitution doesn't talk about political parties. We either need a 3rd party or we need to do away with parties and allow no further encroachments on the constitution. By anyone.

[edit on 28-2-2009 by projectvxn]

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Lot's of things happened under Bush's watch that were completely unconstitutional, and spending increased to dramatic records during the Conservative tenure as of late. Both want to spend, but they have different ideas as to what we should pour money into. None of it has anything to do with what the American people want. Both parties are self-serving ideologues akin to religious zealots allowing no sunlight between their BS to highlight a little truth. It's all distorted.

You couldn't be more right projectvxn.

Republicans cannot say that they are suddenly against big government when they did nothing but increase and promote it.

It's a bit sad as most people are conservative...they were lied to...and with that..they voted in the worst possible candidate for President.

It was this...Republicans really screwed up..let's vote Democrats in..maybe they can right the ship..

And what happens? They increase spending 10 fold and put the United States on a path to destruction and poverty.

This is why people are angry. They have no one who stands for what they think is right. They weren't awake before...but they are waking up now...because they have to.

They are seeing what is happening now and that it can't be sustained.

They want it to stop.....

And it WILL stop...one way or the other...the people will either unify, come together and rise upon against what is happening...or they will stand by and let it come down.

We will all be equal...equally poor..and government will be gigantic. This is what is happening...something that the Constitution was completelly against...yet we stand by and watch it happen..thinking that somehow one man will change everything for the better, just with his words, while he does the opposite.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

The constitution doesn't talk about political parties. We either need a 3rd party or we need to do away with parties and allow no further encroachments on the constitution. By anyone.

What's funny is...there would be no need for political parties if everyone abided by the Constitution....

This is the whole problem.

No one abides by the Constitution anymore.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
While I agree with everything he's said about the Liberal agenda, the Conservative agenda is not exactly constitutional either.

I just want you to know.... Bush was not a true Conservative, as he has shown... blatantly.

Honestly, he betrayed every true Conservative. Listen to Ron Paul's latest speech, and he defines what the Conservative agenda is REALLY about! www.abovetopsecret.com...

...I am so proud of him. But, also don't much care for Rush Limbaugh.

And to add, thanks for the Ronald Reagan speech!

Sneaking this in here: ... Bush and Obama are BOTH NEOCONS...(shhh.. don't tell anyone)

[edit on 28-2-2009 by LostNemesis]

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by LostNemesis

Originally posted by projectvxn
While I agree with everything he's said about the Liberal agenda, the Conservative agenda is not exactly constitutional either.

I just want you to know.... Bush was not a true Conservative, as he has shown... blatantly.

Honestly, he betrayed every true Conservative. Listen to Ron Paul's latest speech, and he defines what the Conservative agenda is REALLY about! www.abovetopsecret.com...

...I am so proud of him. But, also don't much care for Rush Limbaugh.

And to add, thanks for the Ronald Reagan speech!

Sneaking this in here: ... Bush and Obama are BOTH NEOCONS...(shhh.. don't tell anyone)

[edit on 28-2-2009 by LostNemesis]

i was going to bring up the bush isnt a conservative comment, but it would have went to deaf ears because people actually think he is. spending 800 billion dollars under the republican name is not conservative, it is liberal.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
It's great how in your own mind, you can create things that just do not fit with the present, Rush, just like Bush has fallen back on the noble past of America and misused it as his rudimentary principle to wreak havoc on the world while pandering to the hearts, minds and souls of Americans, there is no disrespect to that but it was a time when "Leave it to Beaver" Ruled, when the Ku Klux Klan really ruled visibly also invisibly and when everyone in the world was afraid of a cowboy and most assuredly blacks and other minorities had 0 stakes supporting or identifying with the conservative or republican idealogy because when one thought of or envisioned the epitome of the American Nuclear family or what may have been the example of being a conservative family, they resembled the majority of the wonderful family oriented shows out on television during the 50's and more recently they resemble the conservative movement in America, the majority devoid of any color.

When talking about the bad republicans we are not speaking about the Lincoln years because much is in question about that and what the reasons were, Rush your ideologies are akin to what you were raised with as values and the people you were around and unfortunately are a culmination of how the Republican party and the stereotype lived itself out in the most negative ways, unfortunately yourself and people like Anne Coulter sort of define conservatism as something tied to anglo values only sort of bordering on the NAZI ideal or diminish any other group that might not be about white, or white power did you not learn a lesson from the past election?

What I am saying is Rush, you are a relic of the past, no longer relevant, the people your are touching nerves with and connecting with unfortunately, no disrespect are also in denial, but what else can they do, the multicultural, liberal melting pot that started to take its roots and beginnings in NYC and Ellis Island has come full circle, more of the nation is beginning to look like that, than Mayberry RFD.

I can't believe that at one time in the 90's I used to tune into your show, lets see, there was G Gordon Liddy, and you, my favorites in like 98-99 time period, also there was one other on WJFK here in DC, Howard Stern I think,but it seems something happened to you, it seems like the real you and the possible effects of all that drug use has gone to your head and you have possibly been affected by these drugs so much, I really believe that you are mentally ill and perhaps teetering on the insane.

If this is an act please hurry and let us know because you won't win any awards, if you think you can act better than Fred Thompson, maybe you can do something a little more rousing or convincing at the next Republican Convention then.

On one more note, IMHO politicians like Michael Steele need to get with it, he is being pimped and used to be the ultra magnetic magnate for blacks
when there is absolutely no reason for anyone that is a minority to identify with in any way shape or form what the Republican party or with what true conservatism represents at any time.

Study your recent political history/science and the 60's southern Republicans and that might be what epitomizes the conservatism he preaches and what it really stands for, lets confine those reasons to the last 50 or so years, you will find some valuable ammunition to flood Mr. Steele with email to answer and also the ultra conservative talker, Rush or even the more extreme loonatic, Coulter.

[edit on 1-3-2009 by phinubian]

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I listen to Rush a couple times a month and find him very entertaining. I especially like the songs he plays by that Shanklin guy. Rush is correct, the democrats use fear on the American people. He pointed that out during the election season before GW was elected the first time. However, the republicans also have their own method of using fear. I think both parties are morally bankrupt. Right now, however, it seems that Obama's message of hope and change has become one of despair and fear. While I did not vote for Obama, I had high hopes for him to succeed in bringing this country back together like it was in the 80's and to turn it into a prosperous nation once again. I know it's early in his term, but he is looking like a big failure to me.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Swatman

Yeah, both of the mainstream parties are liberal, they follow the same agenda... They only cater to special interests. I bet neither party stands for what they used to. There is definitely a higher force controlling both parties. I get so upset when even people on ATS still think there is a difference between the two political parties. Neocons. I cannot understand what it is that makes people think Bush was a 'Conservative'... Do you think Americans no longer know the definition of that word???

Rush Limbough? I have no idea if he is a true conservative or not (just keeping on topic) but I do NOT trust him. At all. I wouldn't jump to arms just because he said so.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Indeed. Add to that tax policy, no one ever really cuts taxes. I don't think taxes have been cut in this country for a long, long time. Taxes are only moved around. They can't be cut. It isn't possible. How is the government supposed to stay the size it is, with the budget demands it has(And that's just what we know about), and cut taxes? It's a game. It's whack-a-mole with Americas money as the mallet.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Rush Limbaugh, what a name ....Rush as in rush to judgment. He believes his own legend....just ask him.
Myself don't listen to his kind of radio trash, it's so so easy to criticize others.
To think he gets that huge paycheck to sit on his fat .....and spew spit over his Mike and he has millions of fans...I'm told.

What a world

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Do they try to elevate those at the bottom? No, they try to tear down the people at the top.

its more than obvious and time has show it, that bringing the people at the bottom up is far more difficult that tearing the people at the top down. so why keep walking up an endless incline.
turn around and walk back down. biatch slappin big corporate wealth mongers on your way.
you can't bring everyone up. there is not enough in this world for everyone to have it all.
so when the people at the top, have so much that the people at the bottom are eating each others brains in order to have something, your left with few other options but to take the pie from those few fatcats with more than they need and share it amonst the millions who are now homeless, poverty stricken and starving.

so sorry to all you conservative pirates, taking more than you can swallow in ten life times. your pie is up. you can pretend you intend to give to the people. you'll only give what YOU want to give. someone now has the power to take it and it scares the poop out of you.

now its everyone else's PIE.

gobama!

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by spearhead

No way.... Dude ?

If you try that stuff, then those who have 'PIE' to give, will leave the country, leaving you bearing the brunt of what they would have paid into the system. Good luck that.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by spearhead

What PIE?

There is no pie...we ate it all years ago. Now we are eating China's pie.

Cripes man....THERE IS NO MONEY.

When in the hell are people going to face up to it and quit dreaming about some eternal euphoric world where everyone is equal...IT CAN'T HAPPEN.

WHY? Because someone will have to enforce it...giving them ultimate power and as we all know, Power ALWAYS corrupts.

Big government will always oppress people...ALWAYS.

This is why it has to be kept as small as possible.

It's not what you think is right....it's about INDIVIDUAL rights and freedom of persecution.

No man has the right to trample on someone else's beliefs or rights.

People who live in this country are given an OPPORTUNITY to succeed...this is not something that should ever be guaranteed.

This country has always supposed to be about OPPORTUNITY...not "I should get what i think is coming to me and others should pay for it."

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by spearhead

Do they try to elevate those at the bottom? No, they try to tear down the people at the top.

its more than obvious and time has show it, that bringing the people at the bottom up is far more difficult that tearing the people at the top down. so why keep walking up an endless incline.
turn around and walk back down. biatch slappin big corporate wealth mongers on your way.
you can't bring everyone up. there is not enough in this world for everyone to have it all.
so when the people at the top, have so much that the people at the bottom are eating each others brains in order to have something, your left with few other options but to take the pie from those few fatcats with more than they need and share it amonst the millions who are now homeless, poverty stricken and starving.

so sorry to all you conservative pirates, taking more than you can swallow in ten life times. your pie is up. you can pretend you intend to give to the people. you'll only give what YOU want to give. someone now has the power to take it and it scares the poop out of you.

gobama!

i would answer you but i think Rush limbaugh said enough about people like you today.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   
NONE of the Bush bloodline were conservative. The fact that either even attempted to portray themselves as such is an abomination. Republicans and conservatives are separate entities that had to get along in the past to assume power that could never be reached among themselves. That time is over. There are a VAST amount of democrats that if you removed the "D" and the "R" before a candidates' name, would be classified as 100% conservative. The deal is it's generational. "My daddy has always been a Bush man" or "My daddy has always been a Clinton man".....Horse$. You stand on principles and the character of the individual.

Call it what you will, but this is the real deal that is the only group on earth that has a chance, as well as an understanding of the Founding documents, that can bring ordo ad chao. A separation is at hand and a cultural revolution that will bring former "supposed" enemies together through enlightenment, and it has a chance of restoring the original documents, without bloodshed.

If not, this time there will be no Appomattox.

P.S. Rush is Dead on

[edit on 1-3-2009 by shai hulud]

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by shai hulud
NONE of the Bush bloodline were conservative. The fact that either even attempted to portray themselves as such is an abomination. Republicans and conservatives are separate entities that had to get along in the past to assume power that could never be reached among themselves. That time is over. There are a VAST amount of democrats that if you removed the "D" and the "R" before a candidates' name, would be classified as 100% conservative. The deal is it's generational. "My daddy has always been a Bush man" or "My daddy has always been a Clinton man".....Horse$. You stand on principles and the character of the individual.

Call it what you will, but this is the real deal that is the only group on earth that has a chance, as well as an understanding of the Founding documents, that can bring ordo ad chao. A separation is at hand and a cultural revolution that will bring former "supposed" enemies together through enlightenment, and it has a chance of restoring the original documents, without bloodshed.

If not, this time there will be no Appomattox.

P.S. Rush is Dead on

i believe you, but if the Republican party is as separate as you say, what the hell do they believe in?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join