It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The SUSPENSION of illicit drugs/mind altering substance topics on ATS (The experiment failed)

page: 43
<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by skeptic1

If they are bought on a black market they are..... so that is why I am asking, I reread the OP and it seems to say, anything to do with any drugs is off limits................ so that is why I am asking................. it seems to infer that all drug threads are off............... and the pharma industry deals with drugs.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroGhost

We are waiting to make sure more people see the thread and are able to ask questions and things.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

Illicit, illegal drugs....not prescription medication. I could see this as applying to discussions of off-label personal use of scripts, but not big pharma, prescription medication, and the controversies that surround them.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Well if someone is talking about buying them on the black market or using them to get high, that wouldn't be acceptable in the Medical forum.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Thank you ATS for having me be your guest this winter. A new spring dawns and it's time for me to move on. I will clean out my profile closet to make room for its next occupant.

I' ve seriously had a good time and learned much.

Thanks again see y'all next winter I hope

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Can you not see why it bothers me and others? SO requested people to be nominated that are strongly for the legalization of certain drugs. He did not say this right out but you must read his post...... What you have suggested will get rid of this groups agenda even before they start.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Thank you, for answering that, and as long as there can be those type discussions - the other part, I don't care about............. I would not like it though, if we could not discuss pharma drugs and important issues regarding those.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by AllTiedTogether

Again I think that, like me, you can be against the legalization for recreational use but for the right for people to openly discuss it on this site.

So it really doesn't make a difference. I don't know anyone who was nominated who is for not being allowed to talk about it on this site.

[edit on 2/25/2009 by ravenshadow13]

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by skeptic1

Are pharma medications illegal??

If you have no prescription it is considered illegal to use a pharmaceutical. An illicit trade for prescription drugs like Oxycontin and similar are examples. When you can make $65-80 per 80mg tablet on the street, it is tempting to supplement your income and keep your prescription active. That is the problem. These are dangerous drugs when abused.

ZG

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   

How are you calculating the majority? What was the official count if you don't mind? When did the counting start? When did it stop? Who decided?

Just as with the vote on committee members, maybe we should at least wait a day or so and hear from a broader slice of atsers before we go and start saying things like the majority agreed to anything.

I personally agree with those who have said this whole thing leaves a bad taste in their mouths.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Can legalization not be discussed without inserting your own personal experiences into it? I can honestly say that I have no problem with MJ being legalized. I have my reasons for that, but I can argue my point without inserting my personal experiences with it.

That's what I am not getting. Can people not have an intelligent discussions about topics without inserting their own "Dude, when I got high this weekend....." remarks??

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   

OK. Lets play your game skeptic..

I'm currently taking a drug that gives me the munchies. This is great because I have Irratable bowel syndrome. This makes it very difficult to eat let alone want to eat due to the pain. Is the talk of this drug not allowed on ATS?

Is this drug legal or illegal? Well the drug I'm taking is legal. So, now where do we go. This drug give me the munchies and that is spouting off about some qualities of drugs that some don't want to hear about, while also suggesting that I'm getting comfort from pain and eating.

Your thinking is flawed and I hope that your not one of the group as well as RS and BH. You seem to want to bend over backwards for the overlord too easy for me.

Not a true representation of what ATSrs want in my opinion. But I can see my opinion doesn't matter as well as most of ATS, who do not want to accept what they are suggesting.

[edit on 25-2-2009 by AllTiedTogether]

[edit on 25-2-2009 by AllTiedTogether]

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Resinveins

We're not voting right now, we stopped it right after it started. To give more people time to understand the situation. And hopefully to hear from admin to see if a committee is even necessary with the proposal that we also created.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Getting the munchies is not the same as hallucinating, and it wouldn't matter anyway because that medication is legal and you could talk about it in the medical thread, if what we're proposing is passed. If it's illegal, you talk about it in the new forum.

I don't know what you don't like about that. I just don't understand it.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Did you not see the part where personal experiences may have to be evaluated as far as medical MJ goes?? That is different than arguing the fact that MJ should be legalized due to the cool feeling it gave you over the weekend when you lit one up in your dorm room. :shk:

(generally speaking, not directed at you personally)

There is a difference, and that difference was pointed out. It is something that will have to be discussed if the committee ever gets picked and if Admin actually listens to what they have to say.

I, for one, have no problem with the discussion of all aspects of medical MJ.....especially since I am one of the people with a medical condition that it would help.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
When a news reporter asked Salvador Dali if he used drugs to get his wild visions and halucinatory paintings and lithographs he answered.

"I don't need drugs. I AM drugs."

Essentially true. Wheat mold ergot poisoned thousands. it's chemical component cased a release of natural chemistry that caused synapses to be on all the time rather than strobe naturally. '___' was made originally from this. Interestingly enough, Indian Yogis given massive doses had no effect.

We can get high without anything external. Music, dance, meditation, hormones, chanting, happiness, sadness hunger. Even deprivisation of stimulus can cause such states to kick in. Drugs are just one of the "clunky" ways of altering awareness.

We can probably talk about any other method. "Drugs" are the specific issue here.

ZG

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllTiedTogether

I'm currently taking a drug that gives me the munchies. This is great because I have Irratable bowel syndrome. This makes it very difficult to eat let alone want to eat due to the pain. Is the talk of this drug not allowed on ATS?

I am also taking a prescription medicine that make me hungry, but I don't see how that is relevant to any topic that might be discussed here on ATS. At least not in the context of legislation, conspiracy, NWO, and what have you. I'm not trying to argue with you, I'm just saying that any point you wish to make on this issue can be made without the mention of one's personal use.

Your thinking is flawed and I hope that your not one of the group as well as RS and BH. You seem to want to bend over for the overlord too easy for me.

That is over the top insulting and adds nothing to the existing conversation. Though you may not agree with Skeptic1, she has done nothing but devote her time and effort on our behalf and to try to move this issue forward in a respectful and civilized way.

I believe an apology to her would be the right thing to do.

[edit on 25 Feb 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   

If you do find somewhere else we could all go please tell!(u2u)
Somewhere that still believes in free speech about ANY subject.
Doesn't even have to have all the eye candy. Thank you!
This site is starting to become more like what we all rail against.
(well, most all of us that is)
A slow and continued stripping of free speech and rights
because of "dangerous talk" or "subversiveness".
Almost like someone has taken over here too! IMO Wow.
Actually maybe a few "pothead" stories would inject some actual
real experiences into the mix instead of usual MSM propaganda.

I could care less about the subject, I care about freedom.

Maybe we are getting close to the truth and thats not allowed.
Maybe it is a distraction designed for that very reason.
Either that or maybe the PTB are just trying to get rid of us nicely
because we present info that cant be readily debunked. (working)

All because a few can decide to decide whats good for all.
(you know like the gubment does nowdays)
We need to start a new thread:
"Are we all extremely paranoid here at ATS or what?"

We must really be on to something big here,
judging by the sudden freakout!
I really like your inputs and conversation Questioningall.
Too bad.

Sounds like we're getting lazy, eh mods?
Why would we all be in trouble because of a few bad apples?
On the farm we pull em out and feed em to the critters!!!
Kick em out, shut em up or just call the cops I guess
but don't strip us all of the right to even talk about it.........
I came here for some truth, if it is here it won't be for long.
I'll go somewhere else to find it then. Thanks for the ride!

Whatever, it's not my site after all........
Just dont close up whole topics because a few got too stoned!

[edit on 25-2-2009 by dodadoom]

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by skeptic1

Is it impossible to discuss a topic without inserting your personal experience with it?...

In some instances, yes. I am a medicinal user, and registered and legal in my state. I can tell you from experience, Cannabis would not have changed my life to the extent that it has if it were not for the personal experiences of other medicinal users, and how they relate to my specific situation.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
We're trying to get a committee together and we hope that the committee members will, like Skeptic and myself, support the idea of getting rid of this no tolerance thing and give everyone another opportunity to talk about drugs.

So please, I know this thread is super long, but don't get angry and leave. We're really trying. Skeptic and I have been on here for like 8 hours now.

<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join