It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The SUSPENSION of illicit drugs/mind altering substance topics on ATS (The experiment failed)

page: 45
<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by caballero
So they are making a new forum where we can talk about drugs.

It's much too soon to speculate on what will come of the new DISC initiative.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Hey,
How are things progressing. You guys should continue to post the links(Nominee list, SO's midway post, and the thread skeptic started)every new page or so.

So that the new people can right away catch up.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

No I understand, I was only wondering.
40 some odd pages is a lot to go through so I skipped to the end and asked.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   

could you please clarify the following:

from original OP

ANY discussion of illegal drugs or mind altering substances (even if they are legal in your country, state, province, county or city) ends today, Wednesday 25 February, 2009 at the time of this post.

above tells me "LEGAL" drugs are off limits also....

even the mind altering phrama drugs - antidepressents - pain killers etc.

are those off limits and any issues regarding those?

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by darcon
So that the new people can right away catch up.

I created a link to my DISC announcement reply within Springer's opening post as soon as I posted mine.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by darcon

I'm going to bed. We should start the voting tomorrow I guess? I don't know. I think we still need to check on all the nominees and write little blurbs about them on the voting list.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Sorry, i did not read the opening post again.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Navieko
reply to post by ZeroGhost

Although you could argue that to reach a point in which such experiences can be achieved without the use of external "tools" -- a level of 'motivation' is needed in order to get the ball rolling, so to speak. I believe things exist for a reason. I also believe in spiritual progress.

Can't you see how for someone like me, with genuine intentions, can be affected by such restrictions?

Perhaps this discussion would be better suited for a thread on the new forum, if it's created of course.

[edit on 25/2/09 by Navieko]

Absolutly. I am only arguing for the perceived reasoning here.

I know from knowledge and experience that altered and heightened states of awareness are natural and authorized by reality. It changes when anything is incorporated incorrectly (abused) and not corrected, causing an addiction or other socially destructive states.

Reformed alcoholics state that "They have abused their right to use alcohol for their failure to moderate it's use". Same can be said for others and other substances. The right to use is always there if a responsible one.

When someone see's their dead relative or angels, or experience high levels of understanding while in a traumatic car accident, we can't outlaw that. But if someone takes a pill to do it, those who are making efforts at controlling consciousness on this planet to keep control and not let us evolve to levels that would expose their folly, can then list this "tangible" item as illegal. But this has trickled down to our local culture and misinformed.

In truth, we have to a large extent lost our selves now for lack of the sacred paths available to us. No drug can get you back, but historically in the sacred traditions, "sacraments" can be used to remind us of the greater awareness at hand and how much we need to try harder to understand and evolve from a pre-intelligent being to a survivable level of awareness. Without the drugs.

Responsible is the key word here. You judge yourselves. PCP might not be recommended for this journey to understanding however.

I may not agree with ANY prohibition on free speech, but ATS has a business and has as such a responsibility to maintain that business, without being sued for encouraging use or sales of such substances at the core of the greater legal issue. They answer to everyone, their market.

How would we do this any differently?

GMM

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   

I hope you take a close look at my posts in this thread. I wish to be on this committee and feel that I'm one of the few who have shown what this thing is about and proven that I'm willing to argue with you over this policy and represent the users of ATS.

Rgds

link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

Give it time and don't push so hard.

And, here is the link to the summary of this thread.

link   
OMG!

I didn't log in for a few hours and this thread has grown into 886 replies, I will never catch up!!!

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   

I think we shouldn't start the voting tomorrow. What i think we should do is, set up a thread, dedicated to the nominees. So they can go on, and explain their disposition, then we would be able to have a better understanding of who we are voting for. While this is happening, it is giving more time to people who have been offline, and unaware of the current changes happening right now.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Yes - we can create a new forum, and eventually - forums.
The question is not what we can do... the question is - why?

Why new forums?
I believe existing means to be perfectly sufficient.
Why would we want to fix something that ain't broken?
"Let Us Speak", no?

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by darcon

That's a good idea. And the voting should last for a few days itself.
We need to figure out a way to contact all the nominees. That's the first thing.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   

S O should send a massive U2U or some mod should. I am not sure, but i think the owners should handle the part of contacting everyone. Many people just deleted the U2U that was sent about this subject today, i usually always check out the thread, but i know many people who don't.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by darcon

I think it is up to Admin to handle it from this point on.

All we are doing now is talking in circles.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by darcon

I agree! Okay. I'm going now, really.
And we should have a thread just for each nominee to do a one time post stating their stance and stuff, or we could compile that via U2U and place it all on one thread (like Skeptic's summary thread or on the voting thread).

Really, I'm leaving now. lol

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   

No ,not yet! lol

But yea, a thread dedicated to the nominees Disposition is a must!

We do not want people voting, and not know what the difference is.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Its funny how things work out.

Sometimes all we have to do is announce how we're done with something and suddenly a whole new angle appears. I'm not going to give you the metaphysical lecture guys.

I just wanted to sincerely thank the staff for at least hearing everyone out. Thats not kissing ass! I'm serious. Because I really want this to be a possibility. Afterall man.. the traditional plants I speak of, they're called the teacher plant!

Serious, whatever comes out of it, even if nothing, at least this thread isn't closed already! haha.. this is good, and it looks like the staff is actually following it and theres much to go over so you know they're busy and interested.

Good work to every body. I hope a compromise can be reached, and everyone can just be at peace with each other, and more then that, the board can expand to cover more and more.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Still the coincidence stands...

top topics

<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join