It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The SUSPENSION of illicit drugs/mind altering substance topics on ATS (The experiment failed)

page: 42
<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by AllTiedTogether

It's kind of not acceptable to be like "I love torture!!!" I've never seen a comment like that... or like "I love inflicting pain on other people!" on ATS that hasn't been deleted.

I mean, it's not like drug-related posts are the only ones that have been deleted. I mean, look at the Middle East forum! Practically every thread has a statement or more that has been deleted. Same with UFO threads, like, it just happens.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Is it impossible to discuss a topic without inserting your personal experience with it?

We can't discuss illegal activities here; it's already in the T&C. Personal use is illegal in a lot of places; it'll get you arrested. It is illegal.

We want to discuss these topics, the controversy, the conspiracy, the legislation, etc., but all the personal use crap, personal experience stories, and crap is what caused this total ban.

Some of us are trying to come up with a happy medium.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13
reply to post by Retikx

Haha, funny. Come on, they're letting us have a serious voice here, and I for one would be really disappointed if they just start banning and deleting everything to do with drugs. I think a new separate forum is the best idea. Even though I don't do drugs myself, I feel really strongly about this. Every voice should be heard as long as it isn't immature or really inappropriate "I LOVE SMOKING WEED!!" type stuff.

It's a legit issue, just like everything else on this website.

Some how i seriously doubt it. There is something fishy going on here... I was subject to TWO global post bans because of a totally legit thread about industrial hemp and all of its wonderful uses for man kind. And I thought ats was the perfect site for this topic due to the HUGE conspiracy behind hemp being illegal... And this thread was deleted "PREEMPTIVELY" by springy because of the "potential" for off topic discussion ie marijuana usage.

Now this is what bothers me..... the fact that in any other thread about any other topic the posts are monitored and the ones that are against the rules are removed. Is it somehow mammothly more difficult to to the same thing in a thread about the legalization about hemp? no. not at all. In fact its the same.
call me currrrraayzeee. But me thinks there is an agenda here that is unwholesome.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

It will take time for the news to travel that the ATS forums are not for fun and games and only for appropriate discussion, but....if they build it they will come, and after a time ATS will have a fine source of information and a keen set of contributing members who can address the issues properly and with nothing but "denying ignorance" in mind.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Retikx

That's stupid.. like.. I'm sorry. I think using hemp for textiles is awesome. I think maybe that like it was closed because a ton of people (that you may or may not have seen) posted really inappropriate comments. And that would be why.
So like, I would have kept that in a science or economy forum... and just moderated out those posts. Because it's a really important issue.

And yes I say that and I support using hemp for textiles and I refuse to smoke pot. So like, come on people. Stop judging me and stuff.

Not calling you stupid. Closing it was stupid. Haha, you're fine!

[edit on 2/25/2009 by ravenshadow13]

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13
Haha, that's what we're trying to see happen in a separate board just for that topic so it can be more strictly moderated but the discussion of things like that, and spiritual positive effects, and cultural differences in legislation, and stuff like that can still be discussed.

Yeah, I kind of figured that (I read SkepticOverlord's update).

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Haha I'm legit trying my best! For everyone! So hang in there, everyone. I really hope that within a week our proposals will be accepted.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I would still like an answer to my question I posted on the page before this one....

will ANY type thread about the pharma industry and the drugs they produce that can kill and the Supreme Court decision, etc................. be OFF limits?

That I would like to know.............

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by skeptic1

Not all of us agree on the candidates or the compromises. I don't think we all agree on anything.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Resinveins

No, but it was agreed to by the majority.

That's the best we can do unless we just want to let the blanket ban stand.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
deny ignorance indeed.

thanks for having me.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by skeptic1

Some of us are trying to come up with a happy medium.

If this is the happy medium then I'm not happy. Most of you who volunteered yourselves are already on the band wagon to have the thread locked up. This is not the type of person that I want to fight for me. The person should be going into this with the mindset that it may be illegal but you should still have the right to talk about it to a point. Just like I showed in my previous posts about all the other illegal things that are talked about on ATS.

You few that have come up with the happy medium are an insult to ATS. I have one idea that may make it easier for them.

How about they add a button on the users account that leads to threads that may not be suitable for all and then the user is OK with it. This could be any subject that may be found to be unsuitable due to content. I can even supply the script for the HTML coding if they like. Wouldn't that be better than having them decide to can your rights to speak freely about something that someone else is NOT offended by hearing?

WAKE UP!!!!!!!!

Also, the majority is not about 10 of you trying to have talk of MJ and other substances put into a seperate area so others can't view them. The majority would be probably about at least 300 or 400 users maybe... This number would hopefully be showing those that frequent the board.

I asked to be put on the list and I'm currently a majority but I guess I'm too outspoken and believe an injustice is about to happen... that can't be.

[edit on 25-2-2009 by AllTiedTogether]

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Don't you guys take a break to cook dinner or anything?

haha, I've been on here all day, uploading media, and i must say its been productive and I'm happy about that, but i'm having a hard time just keeping up with this thread and I'm not even posting. Still I think everyone is making great points.

I'm afraid I don't have much to comment on at the moment except I wanted to point out one thing.

IF, if there is going to be a vote or something like everyone's talking about. I think it just makes for sense to do it in a seperate thread, with no other comment then your pick, or perhaps it would be ok to comment on your pick, but I'm saying... don't make a post unless theres a vote attached to it, to make it clean and easy to keep track so the site owners or whoever don't have to skim through a thread so packed like this one.

Some people just discovering this thread now seem a bit lost. If there is a voting thread.. make a voting thread, and have it just for votes, you know? doesn't that seem organized?

Ok I need to make dinner! I need an ATS break.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   

I actually said that I didn't want a point requirement or application to be able to post initially. And yes I originally nominated myself but I was then backed up, I think BH nominated me first and I didn't notice it.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
While I do support the creation of some sort of strictly moderated 'sub-forum', I also think it is very important to work together (obviously with SO & Springer) in better defining the boundaries. I believe it has become apparent that this boundary isn't as clear as perhaps those making the decisions initially thought.

I strongly believe there is a case to be made for those who seek in educating themselves and others on the benefits of certain illicit substances, by sharing their experience/testimonials. However I can also see the major implications that would arise in letting such a thing occur too openly.

Perhaps than we can come to some compromise, or maybe not. But that is the touchy part of this whole subject that needs to be resolved - I don't believe discussing genuine drug-related conspiracies is what the moderators are against.

One solution I can think of (in combination with having the forum in which has already been discussed) is to have any sort of legitimate personal experience/testimonial, submitted and reviewed by the moderators in charge. By "legitimate" I mean a strictly mature/responsible (almost scientific) report, that is absolutely relevant to the topic at hand and addresses only serious genuine questions/arguments. This report, if approved, can then be linked to & from the thread.

A similar system can also be used in order for people to share some of the very credible reports/documentaries that have been created over the years by the likes of CNN and BBC, that offer a different side to some of the 'mainstream' arguments.

I also believe a minimum point requirement might be needed at least initially. Think of it as a beta test. We look at the results, we go from there.

In any case, apart from the very sensitive part of the subject, the rest I don't see a reason to expect real problems so long as there is a basic system put in place. I look forward to seeing what comes of this.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Is anyone going to answer my question? Or does anyone even know the answer?

I would like to know if things like the Supreme Court decision to block all pharma lawsuits etc, and medications killing people are OFF LIMITS???

Please someone, let me know................................

anything with pharma medications off limits???????????????????

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   

I am indifferent. I am not pro or con. I can see the benefits from both sides of the argument. I can mostly see the benefits for arguing for what the majority of the members want.

Sorry if that bothers you and people like you.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Navieko

I totally agree. Right now we need to work more with the staff, and we need to choose the committee to do that. I think we're waiting to hear from admin and make sure all of the nominees want to run.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

Are pharma medications illegal??

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
WOW! as a closet cultural anthropologist I am noting the rapidity and intensity as well as the interest in this subjects thread.

Staff might take this into consideration for how important the subject of drugs, and, the subject of selective editorial is with the users here. It is a hot button, and any perceived injustice, real or not, will set off a potential fire storm.

Earth's full rotation to our star need reach the other side of the planet so all concerned have voice. Just a fact. Close this too early and good smart people will feel left out. Might need to do a 30 hour watch before any thread close.

I already have lost the ability to keep up. Even refraining from the voting was not helping.

ZG

new topics

top topics

<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join