It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The SUSPENSION of illicit drugs/mind altering substance topics on ATS (The experiment failed)

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Some members who have been around for a while will remember the ATS Council . I recall one or two ATS council elections taking place and after that nothing happened the idea of the ATS council just seem to die away . All of which along with other experiences on the boards points towards me taking a cautious stance towards the idea of a members groups that deals with how certain matters should be handled other then staff members that is .

link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

They should be contacted, and they should accept or decline. The staff is probably talking about this too right now - perhaps we'll hear from one of them soon-ish.

Seriously, I think the fairest approach to this is in the same format as an election.

- Carrot

link   
Right I'm off.

This is gonna turn silly again.

Hopefully all the new threads will be up soon explaining it and allowing a vote to take place.

Peace and love folks.

Night

Blup,

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
It seems that this thing has already spiraled out of control to the point that we've lost track of what we're supposed to be doing.

We've got people arguing that we need equal amounts of pro nominees, and con nominees, talk of a vote turning into a popularity contest, etc.

Lets back up just a few pages. We are NOT nominating moderators for a new forum, and ALL committee members MUST be for the allowance of discussion about drugs. The Administrators that imposed the zero tolerance policy are the "con's".

We're supposed to be nominating 5 individuals to represent those of us who desire the freedom to discuss drug related topics, in the formation of a compromise between us and the administration.

Members of this committee must be able to identify our concerns, and attempt to address them in any proposed compromise.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
this topic is way to fast, will someone tell me what is happening?

Please

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Yeah, it's really just to talk with the staff about the creation of this new board or possibly another method to deal with the issue. Once it's taken care of, the committee is no longer necessary. It's basically to have members formally bring up the ideas discussed in this thread.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

We're working on a summary for y'all right now ^_^

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
The summary thread is up!!!!!

Summary of this thread

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
so since acetaminophen breaks down in the bloodstream the same way as THC does and almost any cough med on the shelf is a low-level hallucinagen and euphoric (and my list can GO ON AND ON), how exactly is this going to work? What is scheduled next to be censored from a place where people chose whether or not to go visit and read?

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unit541
Well, at least now we all know where we stand. Although, my perception of ATS has been significantly altered, at least now the staff won't need to resort to lame excuses to delete threads that in know way constituted a violation the T & C.

While we're clearing the air, can we please get a list of "mind altering substances" that we are allowed to talk about? Or can we not discuss things like fluoride in the water, food additives, vaccine conspiracy theory, or other prescription medications as they relate to conspiracy theory?

I detest the trolls as much as anyone else, but feel that it's they themselves that need to be censored rather than the entire thread in question.

By our very nature, the significant majority of members here seek to discover the logic behind just about everything. In this case though, we're missing several factors in the equation, because the logic just isn't there, and in this specific topic of discussion, the hypocrisy is astounding.

Very well though, I'll abide by this zero tolerance policy, which I feel is better than the "go ahead, but we'll delete your thread in a few minutes" policy that we had before.

PRECISELY. In ANY other thread with any other topic , the individual who derails or blatantly violates the t&c' s post is removed. This just burns my ass, if there was a topic on abortion (which is illegal in some places) and some jerk off came in and started chirping other people and belittling the topic his POST would be removed not the entire thread about abortion.. Springy wouldn't then come and say "after much thought and deliberation yada yada post involving abortion will no longer be tolerated because of a few stupid people who cant play nice"

So im wondering. If in the near future the untied states completely legalizes industrial hemp, can we talk about it then? I just think its nuts to embrace ignorance on a site that preaches the opposite.

UTTER GARBAGE. NOT HAPPY. Can talk about getting wasted on cheap booze and percocet , but ohhhh nooooooo dont discuss the little green vegetable.. cant do that.

Dumb.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13
Yeah, it's really just to talk with the staff about the creation of this new board or possibly another method to deal with the issue. Once it's taken care of, the committee is no longer necessary. It's basically to have members formally bring up the ideas discussed in this thread.

This is NOT official but I'm hoping the this committee will deal with more than just this one issue.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Senior administration imposed a zero tolerance policy regarding discussion of illicit drugs anywhere on ATS.

There were 30 pages of outrage added faster than bacteria multiply.

SkepticOverlord then posed the idea of a committee of members to serve as representation of the member base in an attempt to reach a compromise.

Tons of good arguments and lively debate take place.

You're basically caught up, but it may serve you well to at least skim the entire topic, as an incredible number of valid points and concerns have been raised.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

I second that hope.

I think it would be a good thing for both the members and Admin.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by skeptic1

Good Job Skeptic!

I hope nobody Posts their, Intrepid should close that thread, so people can just view it.

[edit on 25-2-2009 by darcon]

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by darcon

MemoryShock pointed that out on the thread. All comments should be posted here not there.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by skeptic1

K thats good.

Well i hope the staff are discussing this. I think the Upraor was unexpected don't you think. I mean, i didn't expect this kind of response.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Luciferdescending

If you're talking about getting high off of it and how it's not fair, it would go in the new forum. If you're talking about taking it just to get high off it, it would be deleted.
If you're talking about a new formula of better cough medicine and it briefly mentions that side effect, it would go into the Medical forum.

That's what we're proposing.

[edit on 2/25/2009 by ravenshadow13]

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
IN THREAD SUMMARY

40 Pages.

Springer's Post.

Skeptic Overlord's Post.

Latest Nominee List.

Skeptic1's Summary Thread.

EDIT: Didn't know about skeptic1's summary thread. Added that link too.

[edit on 25-2-2009 by loam]

link   
reply to post by Retikx

Entire threads about making drugs legal will no longer be removed, at least not as much. Many will be moved to the new forum. Inappropriate posts will be deleted.

Is what we're proposing.

[edit on 2/25/2009 by ravenshadow13]

link   
reply to post by darcon

Oh, yes, I expected this type of response on this topic especially.

new topics

top topics

<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join