It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you told your Family Yet?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Over the past couple months Ive managed to store about 12 extra cases of water , Secretly ,well by myself, loaded up a boatload of ammo. I tried to let the missus know how things are stirred up but she looks at me with that same look she does when i Try to show her a new UFO vid. lol. She's not interested. So im trying to do some things for her, and I, when and if TSHTF. Is anyone else "burdened" with this and doing their best is spite of it?

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Same here. However, my wife is slowly coming around. I have been informing her slowly. Not about UFOs but about the economy and plain facts, no NWO stuff. If I tried any of that it would get the eyes rolling. But being in Chicago and she was raised in LA and experienced the riots, I think she knows how crazy it could get. My advice is don't tell her everyhing you learn every day as she will just associate you with anything you tell her being bad news. Mix the information with other stuff like good news if you can find it. Telll her about your stash and why it's no big deal, if nothing happens you can drink the water, eat the food, etc. It's not like you built a bunker with your life savings. But if she finds it one day and you didn't tell her, she might have a problem and think you've gone over the edge.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by branty

My 18-year-old son came home from college and opened the spare closet door, saw my stash of staples and said, "What are you, a squirrel?"

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
My story is very simular to both of you. My wife sorta thought I was crazy six months ago, but the more exposure SitX gets in the mainstream media, the more she beleives me. On the other hand I've held back to an extent with what info I tell her about. She would seriously have a nervous breakdown if she read some of the stuff I do. Just gonna do my best to keep preparing for the worst, but slowly ease into what I tell her, an when.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snooze
reply to post by branty

My 18-year-old son came home from college and opened the spare closet door, saw my stash of staples and said, "What are you, a squirrel?"

Good for you for getting ready. I commend you.

and for your 18 year old son, it is up to you for preparing him for what is to come. Educate him.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Well, I'm in the same boat, but opposite side of the coin. My husband just doesn't get it. He just thinks I'm paranoid and falling off the deep end. I try to talk to him, but he just doesn't want to hear it. His philosophy is what will happen, will happen, why worry about it? If it was just us two, perhaps I coud go along with it (probably not, but perhaps); however, we have three kids to look out for. I'm sorry, but I'm going to do everything I possibly can to make sure our kids have food and water and basic necessities. I just wish he was on the same page.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
My husband would be quite comfortable being prepared for something more than a three day problem. But he probably wouldn't be happy with a two year supply in an underground bunker dug into his precious lawn.

I am very good at sounding reasonable. I like to take reasonable precautions.

The fact that just about everything I do try and set up can be seen to be recommended by the Canadian Safety week, and the Canadian Red Cross helps.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Well yeah, i have the same problem. But worse kinda. I told my hubby and my friends about the whole blossom goodchild thing and when that went to crap, basically all credibility went out the window. Now I've found something important, who's going to listen?

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
B ehonest with her its far far better in the long run. But theres the truth and then theres the TRUTH.

My wife knew of my stockpiling of stuff and she tolerated it untill katrina then she became more interested.

Whatever your reasons for being prepared. Its also for use in the event of a natural disaster no? Most spouces will have no problem with basic prepardness for that type of thing

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Why bother?

It just unnerves the unnerve able, people ignore reality and use mental coping mechanisms for a reason, like the Matrix most simply don't wish to be unplugged and probably it's a sane strategy.

Let's face it, Sit X isn't the issue

Every year, we turn on the News, even in America, somewhere a bunch of people were RUINED, tornado, hurricane, earthquake, flood, terror Attack

Normal run o the mill life, destroys towns, leaves people homeless and eead in large numbers all the time...

The same people, don't take heed the following year lol, let alone because sit X "Could" happen

It's actually LIKELY that everyone of us will at sometime through ordinary day to day life, need to stock some food, have water on hand... it's something you should Always frackin have...

But most don't

The poster above who said your son asked "what are you a squirrel"

He has it right, lots of us on Ats are squirrels, the types of people a lil paranoid by inevitability who....would be stacking away some food if the world was Utopian in nature and the climate allot more pleasant

Because after all, we really don;t know Everything about the sun...something could go wrong

Nature has made us so that a small percentage of us.. are always hording some nuts for a bad day...

If your not squirrel by nature, you wont become one no matter what is done to you for the rest of your life practically... it's like trying to change a persons sexuality, it can be done, but it';s not worth the effort

My advice...

Horde your crap and be you and don't trouble anyone with the habit

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by elston

I tried to ease her in a bit with the UFO thing because we watch Paranormal State, unsolved mysteries together , shows like that. But as far as being prepared , I feel like a criminal in my own house , sneaking things in , built up a bit of emergecy cash fund, envelope with cash, and the water. When i am on ATS , she gives me the "playing with your UFO freinds look" so, Im on my own , or maybe she's planing an intervention to save my crazy ass, i dunno.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by branty
reply to post by elston

I tried to ease her in a bit with the UFO thing because we watch Paranormal State, unsolved mysteries together , shows like that. But as far as being prepared , I feel like a criminal in my own house , sneaking things in , built up a bit of emergecy cash fund, envelope with cash, and the water. When i am on ATS , she gives me the "playing with your UFO freinds look" so, Im on my own , or maybe she's planing an intervention to save my crazy ass, i dunno.

Drop the UFO conversations and focus on the economy. It is quite serious and being reported around the world, not just internet sites. I could try to explain to my wife that women love taking it up the ^%$ (no disrespect just making a point) because I saw a clip on the internet, but that doesn't make an argument with people of a certain mind set. Turn on some news every now and again. The president himself is saying we are in dire circumstances. Show her those tidbits. The captain of the ship is telling his passengers that he is "pretty" sure we will get where we are going.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I was having all kinds of problems with the family. The wife and two of the boys, they are around 30, just didn't want to hear it.
When the news kept explaining the credit problems and I would say it's an air problem they would get confused and all.
Finally I found good tools to teach them of how our money system works, and who owns it.
I had each one of them watch "The Money Masters" on google video.
They thought it sucked because it was 3.5hrs long, but now they get it.
It really made them mad to find out that the Fed. Res. Bank was private.
Now they pay attention, stock up food, guns, amo, etc.

Don't know if that would be helpful, but it's worth a try.
The more people know the truth, the better chance we have of fixing it.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
To the member who have kids teach them, i am 18 i am benefit from this site from what i read. It opens your eyes and i am grateful so please try and help your kids to understand.

They may think like you but are just to shy to talk about it besides its our generation that gets looked down upon but we are they ones who will be able to help and stop us from making the same mistakes.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
".... yer brain washed nothing but brainwashed! " ......" you gotta stop waching Glen Beck , Fox news , cnn , Rush Limbaugh ..........." This what she tells me everyday. She refuses to listen to anyone. I was told tinight That I need to pay more att'n to the president . That's when I left the house . Peacefully on my own ,mind you . I have no clue as to getting her on my side of the fence . I have read all of your suggestions I even tried to talk to her in her sleep. I'm real close to gettin the size 5 boot .
The thing that I havent figured out yet is what to do with her when and if SHTF . I fear I'll have to make a most dificult decision . But I'm ready. The bob is packed . six to eight months of supplies , plenty of weaponry & amo . A the flag is up side down .

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
keep it together it might be hard to ignore but when it comes down to camping and hunting ect. you will have plenty of time to say i told you so whilst being better off than alot of people who were not as aware as you.

Btw my kit is building up but i dont know what the time line will be for the UK to get like the US. Well theres no time like the present get cracking

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by j2000

i couldve post reply to any of the above tbh, but having 2 sons i went with j2000, i hope to god we all are over reacting. I never wanted to be wrong so much before.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
My wife and son are on board. My mom and dad are coming around and are looking at buying a small farm. A lot of people have never been hungry or cold day in day out. If you have, the idea of stocking away some things makes for a good plan.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Same situation. I used to bring it up in an easy manner. It earned me the title of perimeter man. Now I just go quietly about my business. If she asks me about something I bought, I say remember when we lost power or its for camping. A few basics don’t bother her, like the usual two weeks food and water that’s fine. If it looks like I am going to invade a small country she gets nervous. She wants to be insulated from the thought of a true disaster. While I would much rather her be prepared I have chosen to just make sure my family has supplies for unforeseen events. I did get nailed with chem suits. What are these she yelled at me, my brain was racing but I kept calm and replied, oh they can be used as rain suits .I think its impossible to be prepared for every contingency. Do the basics, as time passes with no event ad to your kit. I leave my spouse to her daily life free from the worries of an event she has no control over. I take solace in knowing I am preparing for all of us. I hope nothing bad happens but if it does never say, I told you so.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Was in the same boat with UFO's and Sit X about a year ago. After letting her listen to some Youtube and then ABSOLUTELY weird stuff happening in our home.

She still doesn't like to hear about Obama, the SHTF, and what not, but at least she's aware and tends to listen more.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join