It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you told your Family Yet?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   
My husband has interest in UFO's! But doesn't really think SitX could happen.

I have enough food at this point built up for 2 months, and trying to keep going -- esp with water.

He doesn't mind that sort of preparation, and sees it as a good thing such as in a crisis where he'd lose his job. But if I bring up a possibility of Sitx, he just tunes me out.

I think our spouses and significant others are going to thank us for being prepared should something happen.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tentickles
reply to post by mf_luder

Awesome!
Welcome to the [ZS] Community!

Hey have you ZS guys seen this? I just saw the commercial today and nearly fell over!!

cgi.ebay.ca...

www.umbrellacorporation.com...

Off topic I know.... sorry

[edit on 25-2-2009 by Valkyr8]

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I am sure one or two of you are going to think im crazy or just out of the loop on things, And sorry I might be, But what is Sit X?

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   
I live next door to my mother and she actually asked me if I could help out in purchasing supplies.

Food storing is a VERY common practice in my state though, thanks to the LDS religion.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Currently I live with my Mother and Dad Due to a divorce I gave her everything but I have my kids so I actually got everything
I have 3 kids living in a pretty big house but I'm in Stockton, CA and crime sucks we own a family owned Gun Shop.

We have the ammo and the guns and steel doors to shut down at the shop to defend outselfs if need be I hope it doesn't get that bad, but for a bit I have been stocking up on Beans and Rice. No Water though we have a large pool in the back yard so I think that will suffice for a while if need be.

I talked to my Mother, Dad and Kids to a certain extent and 2 of the kids have no idea what I'm talking about, but they know the bible very well and they are very secure with the out come. I told them we don't have to worry about what's going to happen if anything does one day SOMETHING WILL happen and it may be 10, 100, or even a 1,000 years to come and the kids under stand a bit.

I tell them it's like getting insurance on your car I'm 33 and I have a 16 year old son. I told him it's their Just in case just like your insurance...nothing wrong with having insurance for that that in case you get in a wreck.

My parents are all for it that made my jaw drop so we have about 6 - 8 weeks supply right now should I get more?

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Valkyr8

Today, the entire Western world is heavily dependent on electronics. Our orders for gasoline, food stuffs, shipping, everything, is done by computer and with electronics. All it takes is a criminal Muslim to detonate an EMP over America, and it will all be out permanently, not like the Hollywood version where it magically restores after an hour. It's fried until replaced. Even our cars will no longer run. In the mid 19th century, we had an EM storm hit us from space, and it knocked out the telegraph wires, and started many fires from those wires shorting out. We are way overdue for another of these EM storms.
There are a lot of people talking about dealing with SOs and kids who disparage what you are doing. Relax. You are just looking out for them. Even a child dislikes being punished for his stupid acts. But he needs it to 'survive'. Eventually, they will get it, just like you 'get it' from when your parents punished you. Or I hope they did.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Totally with you all on this. I started stock piling about six months back. Every time I go down the supermarket, I've quietly been buying extra non perishables (rice, pasta, salt, flour tinned goods as well as seasonings and things like honey and jam) and putting them aside. I also bought soap, plasters and any simple meds I'd need as well as some of Cody Lundin and Ray Mears' survival books.

My wife knows I've done this but rolls her eyes about it like I'm some kind of moron. I honestly haven't the time to care about that. With all that is going on around the world, she knows its there but she flat out refuses to look at it. My dad is the same way. Ultimately, IF things grind to a halt, I've bought myself and my family (I have a baby son) some extra time to think about our situation and what we're going to do about it. In my opinion, thats about as far from being a moron as I you can get.

Th9nker

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Bought a Mossberg 590A1 9 shot with a mesa recoil reduction stock & pistol grip with a rail and red dot, 250 rds of 00 wolf and 100rds of cheap stuff so far, going to get 1000rds of 00 soon, and an ar-15 converted to full auto with 2000rds of ammo for that. Water and food will come next, they are always at the store, but the guns and ammo are running out, go check. I had the same issue with the wife, she though I was wasting my money on a gun, but then we both went to the gun stores, and they were back ordered on every AR out there, and ALL of the short home defense shotguns. That got her attention.
And, on top of it, all the "Normal people" at these stores were talking about the same thing we here talk about, the possible riots and havoc that seems sure to come. Now, shes on board.

Good place for ammo is www.sportsmansguide.com...

Im from Albany NY

[edit on 25-2-2009 by Anubis3.14]

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by branty

All I tell people is that I am doing research and if the world suddenly goes crazy they are to come to me for an explanation and if they can't come to me, go to ATS for answers.

I'm not worrying about food and ammo cuz I'm collecting all the data on others that are storing up for the crunch, then I'll just go and share their's with myself and my family if I have to. Where are you located?

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anubis3.14
Bought a Mossberg 590A1 9 shot with a mesa recoil reduction stock & pistol grip with a rail and red dot, 250 rds of 00 wolf and 100rds of cheap stuff so far, going to get 1000rds of 00 soon, and an ar-15 converted to full auto with 2000rds of ammo for that. Water and food will come next, they are always at the store, but the guns and ammo are running out, go check. I had the same issue with the wife, she though I was wasting my money on a gun, but then we both went to the gun stores, and they were back ordered on every AR out there, and ALL of the short home defense shotguns. That got her attention.
And, on top of it, all the "Normal people" at these stores were talking about the same thing we here talk about, the possible riots and havoc that seems sure to come. Now, shes on board.

Im from Albany NY

You plan'n on hurt'n someone with them dare pee-shooters son? I picked up a surplus tank with working canon and a mounted mini-gun. Taught my wife how to drive, load and fire at the same time, while I bark orders and let the lead fly. See ya in "H.E. double toothpicks".

Seriously though. Prepare for the worst and hope for the best. In tragedy the American people usually pull together, not shoot each other(unless you are a gangsta rappa living in the inner cities). Start looking up and saying a few prayers for the coming King.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   
To the OP, our federal govt. and presedent Obama are on top of this situation. They are all working hard for us little guys and they are there to make sure we have a fair and just society. I don't really have alot of money to prepare for some disaster that may ore may not happen but I do have an alternate plan if need be.
I myself am single with no children so my supplies consist of a couple of guns and a, a gallon of water, and a tank of gas.
I am fortunate to live pretty close to some very wealthy neighborhoods. The size of the mansions there are unbelievable and most have fruit orchards and gigantic swimming pools. The best part is that about 1/5 of the places are someones 3rd or 4th home so they sit empty. If need be perhaps I could take care of one of those properties. If not mabey I could find some rich banker type with a big heart to allow me to eat thier table scraps.

Love and luck to all.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   
I feel sorry for you all my American brothers & sisters as it looks like TSHTF in your country first, then it won't be long till the domino effect will crumble all other countries and their economies.

I'm from New Zealand and i know TSHTF here as well, i try telling that to my family and friends but they don't wanna hear it and don't care, they say 'thats in america it won't happen here', 'i have to much invested in my business to worry about that BS', it really annoys me when they respond like that so now i have taken the initiative.

I have firstly taken all my money out of the bank, i am starting to build up a year or so of supplies for me and my partner, from rice, tin food, medical supplies etc etc and i will buy some gold, and try to take myself off the grid. Possibly buying a small house in cash and setting up our own garden i'm gonna buy some solar panels and try and self-sustain myself and partner..

It sux cause i feel when TSHTF my family and friends will come running to me for help and assistance..

[edit on 25/2/09 by free_spirit_earth]

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 02:41 AM
link   
I have been telling my family for the past year to stock up and have a back up plan.
They think I am nuts and laughed it off so I have made my plans without them and will be leaving them behind.Sad but true.
I can't allow my survival to be comprimized due to ignorance.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by John Matrix

You plan'n on hurt'n someone with them dare pee-shooters son? I picked up a surplus tank with working canon and a mounted mini-gun. Taught my wife how to drive, load and fire at the same time, while I bark orders and let the lead fly. See ya in "H.E. double toothpicks".

ROFL!!!!!

Oh My God man - I'm in tears right now I'm laughing so hard.

[edit on 25-2-2009 by mf_luder]

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by John Matrix

Originally posted by Anubis3.14

Im from Albany NY

Seriously though. Prepare for the worst and hope for the best. In tragedy the American people usually pull together, not shoot each other(unless you are a gangsta rappa living in the inner cities). Start looking up and saying a few prayers for the coming King.

Trust me, I dont want to shoot anyone. But were I live, there are a lot of gangsters/city kids. And I would rather kill someone else then to see something happen to my wife. I have never owned a gun before this, but i have used them extensively. Seriously , there are 2 paths you can take in this. You can not own a gun, and hope no one attacks you or your wife (and kids if you have any, i dont) or you can have at least one gun, and be able to protect your self if someone does attack you or your wife (and kids).
Why on earth would you choose to not protect your wife and kids? How would you feel if you had to watch your wife suffer or your kids suffer at the hands of evil people?

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Th8nker

You might want to get your honey from local farmers and such. The stuff you get at the store has been subjected to intense heat to minimize the granulation on the processing equipment. It kills the good stuff, too. Honey naturally kills the bacteria that cause cavities. If 'pastuerized', it acts like coc aine on those bacteria (supercharges), and any dentist will tell you that the honey will promote rapid tooth decay. And don't forget some toothbrushes! No need for toothpaste, just a little baking soda. No need for shaving cream, just blades and soap.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   
My husband is the same way.

I feel alone and heavily burdened by this.

Ive talked to other family members about the seriousness of the U.S and the world situation and try to tell them what is going to happen, but the response is "I know"........

But no one is preparing but me!!!

I've talked till I am blue in the face. I am gonna stop talking and go about my own business and keep trying to stock more food and supplies for myself, husband and kids. Even if they think I'm losing it.

But, I know how the situation will follow....
I and my own will be somewhat prepared, I don't think you can be over prepared because a situation may arise that you didn't think about, but at least I will have a head start on the rest of them.

SHTF and then is when the rest of the family is gonna cry because they wasn't prepared, didn't plan and won't have a clue what they are gonna do.

I wouldn't let other family members starve, but I won't be able to feed all of them. What is a person suppose to do in this scenario? Leave them out?

I am getting depressed doing this on my own and trying to think of every possible situation that could arise and what I would need.

We have a wood stove and about 50 acres of woodland. I don't worry about staying warm in the winter. We have springs all over the place that I can get fresh water...
We own cattle and chickens. Thats part of our food supply.
We grow about a 2 acre garden every year and I preserve food.
Ive bought up OTC meds, first aid items and the list goes on.

My husband is a hunter. He knows all kinds of wild things that can be eat like greens and berries. He is a jack of all trades. He can build and make anything.

I hope this disaster doesn't come our way, but if it does I hope that my husband will look at me and say, "Honey, I am so glad you put up all that food and supplies. Then is when I will smack him......

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by free_spirit_earth

Don't buy gold, buy silver. And something you can barter with, say beer, bullets, or maybe canned chili. Get a good source of water, off the grid, and/or store some in nonplastic containers. I understand that in certain states they are paying for part of the cost on small windmills. Go ahead and get the solar, but bury it (after covering it) for use if something happens to the windmill, like an NEMP. Start reading some books on survival, and you will get lots more ideas.

[edit on 25-2-2009 by Gregarious]

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Hi all,

I read threads like this with interest. You all seem to be very serious about it and ahead of the game.

However, I am skeptical as to whether such a post-apocalyptic scenario would actually arise ... why do you think such a situation could occur where all of this is necessary?

Cheers

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by george_gaz
Hi all,

I read threads like this with interest. You all seem to be very serious about it and ahead of the game.

However, I am skeptical as to whether such a post-apocalyptic scenario would actually arise ... why do you think such a situation could occur where all of this is necessary?

Cheers

The way the economy is, USA mostly, it cant sustain its self. Collapse is imminent. What do you think will happen then? We will have to start all over again. Thats if all the other theories are wrong, 2012, aliens coming to visit, planet X and so on.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join