It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you told your Family Yet?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bombeni
We may look like the character in the Dylan song soon:

Once upon a time you dressed so fine
You threw the bums a dime in your prime, didn't you ?
People'd call, say, "Beware doll, you're bound to fall"
You thought they were all kiddin' you
You used to laugh about
Everybody that was hangin' out
Now you don't talk so loud
Now you don't seem so proud
About having to be scrounging for your next meal

Song says it all, " the good old days"
2nd line , same as the first

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by branty

Originally posted by Bombeni
We may look like the character in the Dylan song soon:

Once upon a time you dressed so fine
You threw the bums a dime in your prime, didn't you ?
People'd call, say, "Beware doll, you're bound to fall"
You thought they were all kiddin' you
You used to laugh about
Everybody that was hangin' out
Now you don't talk so loud
Now you don't seem so proud
About having to be scrounging for your next meal

Branty, intervention or not, it's time to have the talk.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
Song says it all, " the good old days"
2nd line , same as the first

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Does anyone remember the John Carpenter film from 1988 "They Live" ?? Back then it seemed like wild imaginations. Not anymore.

www.youtube.com...

Well, it gets a little goofy, but the general idea is not so far-fetched.

I forgot about this movie, can't wait to rent it again.

"They have us, they control us, they are our masters, they are all of us..." www.youtube.com...

[edit on 9-3-2009 by Bombeni]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

It was on telly about 2 weeks ago, I watched it......again

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
The wife found the food stash yesterday and thought nothing of it. I have been breaking news to her in moderation regarding the economy for a few months now and although she hates to hear it she has found it interesting that I have been telling her things that don't appear on the news until a few days later. She is now understanding that it is better to be prepared and since food can be cycled through it is not bad to have on hand. But I think I'll wait a bit to show her the BOB and talk about plans in case of emergency.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I often imagine there must be some 'honey I meant to tell you' moments when the closets opened and a armoury worthy of the omega man is revealed inside

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
My good lady humours me somewhat; she thinks it's cute that I have been stocking up and I caught her calling my BOB the "magic bag" a few weeks ago.

"Do you have any pain-killers in your magic bag?", she said.

That's all well and good. My knifes aren't an issue as she's a sabreusse however I'm not sure what she'll say should the gas masks be discovered.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Both my wife and my son are just as focused on prep as I am.
NR

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I have the perfect wife. (Don't tell her I said that) She bought me an AK for Christmas. I'm not building an armory or anything but it was a nice addition to my collection. The entire family after a bit of coaxing now understands it is better to know how and never need to use than to not know in a time of need.

Spiritowl

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Well, I'm not married, and I have no kids, but I have been hinting to my mom about it. She just thought I was crazy or had PTSD since Afghanistan. Then she met Patrick, our floor guy. He said the same stuff (only he's one of the conspiracy nuts.... I don't know where he gets his info....
lol) And even my brother is starting to get prepared. But since mom had now heard it from three sides, she wants to get her CCW permit and she shocked me when I was visiting her a couple of weeks ago by sending me to the store...nope, not Wal-mart, the gun store!!! SuhWeet! She even asked me to make a BOB for her and teach her the ways of the force...I mean forest! I have the bestest mom in the world!

Now if only I can find a gal pal in Southern Louisiana who's cool with this too (without being crazy!...lol)

--Apex

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
My father is a 27-year veteran of the USAF. My family is mostly Conservative, regardless of voter status as Republican or Democrat. Telling my family that I am preparing for the onset of martial law, war with North Korea, and seceding all ties to nationality or organizations does not go over well.

I did tell my father that if the draft was instituted, I would--in good conscience--refuse to serve (and be glad to spend time in prison if need be). He said "that hurts [him]", but we pretty much agreed to disagree.

As for stockpiling, I will do more of that when I am living on my own, instead of where I am currently.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I'm of the mindset that it's better to have and not need, than to need and not have. I've been slowly accumulating supplies and stashing them around the house so the wife doesn't notice. I have a small place, so there's not much room, but I'm doing what I can. I have the self-defense thing pretty well covered, plenty things that go "boom", and plenty to feed them with, plus plenty of extra to barter with if I need to. I don't have nearly enough water, which is a concern. I live in a condo, which has a pool, so I could use that in a pinch, but I'm sure all of my neighbors will have the same idea, and it's probably not good to drink for long. I have enough food for a few weeks, I guess.

The main thing I'm doing is reading. Reading and learning all that I can about survival. Learning how to make shelter, learning how to make rope, how to find water etc. My wife doesn't like hearing me talk about these things, she gets annoyed. I'm not even allowed to talk about Obama any more- she was sick of hearing about him well before the election was over.
I know she'll be grateful I've made preparations if we ever need them though.

A quick example, we had a power outage for a little over a day during the winter. She would complain whenever I bought a flashlight before, but boy, was she glad we had them when the lights went out. I'm sure she'll feel the same way about the food, the guns, the knives and tools when the SHTF.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join