It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I wonder how many here have seen a UFO but had no pic/proof ?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Rek2008

Hey, Rek,

I have had two encounters. One where I saw the ship, and one where....well, let's just say I'm not exactly sure what I saw.

I'll start with the one where I saw it: I was on a sailboat on sunny sunny Sunday afternoon with about 5 other people. It was on Lake Jacomo, just outside of Kansas City, Missouri. It was about 6 years ago; I think I was 34 at the time.

I was not the one sailing the boat that day; I was just a passenger. I always tend to "space out" when I'm on the water (those waves just put me into a nice alpha state) and so I was still very relaxed when I looked up and saw a silver ball hanging over the lake.

The first thing I thought of was that it was just one of those silver things they put on wires so that planes don't fly into them. But then, I did a double take, becuase I realized I was in the middle of a lake, and there were no wires anywhere! So, I looked again, and I realized that this silver ball was just hovering there, not moving.

Now, this is where it gets strange: I tried to tell my fellow passengers, and even the guy who was sailing the boat what I was seeing....but not ONE of them would look up. It was surreal. It was like being in a strange dream or nightmare...or even a movie.... where you're trying to get people to listen to you, but nobody can hear you. It was weird. For like 5 minutes, I kept saying: Hey guys, look up. What's that?

But nobody looked up. Once, the guy who was sailing the boat that day (they were very serious about sailing, but seriously!) said (without looking up) "I'm sure it's just an ultra-light airplane. We get lots of those up here." I said no, it's a silver ball...just look up. But he wouldn't, and nobody else would.

Finally, it just hit me: nobody else was supposed to see it. Just me. I finally just sat back, and I just kept staring at it, and then we had to "turn about." When we turned the boat around and came back the other way, it was gone. Poof. No sound.....nothing.

It was one of the strangest occurrences of my life.

Except for this; now this story was even stranger. I don't know for sure WHAT the source of this story is, but I think it may have been a UFO:

I was in second grade, growing up in Nebraska. I was riding my bike in front of my house, in our neighborhood, and the last thing I remember my mom telling me before the incident in question was "Honey, don't go too far...it looks like tornado weather." Well, she didn't have to tell me twice, because our house actually got hit by a tornado that year, and after that, I never went too far away from the house during a tornado watch.

So, I was riding my bike, and then all of a sudden: I was stopped. Except it wasn't me that stopped me. And, on top of that, even though I was stopped, my feet were still on the pedals! It was like I was more than stopped: I was suspended in mid-pedal.

The most vivid thing about it was that all around me was a curtain of blue-white light...the color of lightning. But no sound....no heat...no smell.....nothing to hint of lightning except for the color of the light.

I remember looking over my shoulder to the left, and all I could see was a curtain of blue-white lightning. I remember looking over my shoulder to the right, and all I could see was a curtain of blue white lightning. Then, I looked up....and all I could see was a tunnel of light. And then that's it....that's all that I remember. I vaguely remember running into my house, but yet I told nobody...I think. Because then I lost all memory of the event....

Until I moved into a different house in Omaha, and it was a few years down the road. That was the year I remembered the event with the light (don't know what else to call it!) and the same year, I not only remembered the event, but started having visions of strange future events.....which eventually came true.

I can't say for sure that source of the light that day was a UFO, but I don't know what else it could be that could erase my memory for years. Although for years, I had convinced myself that it must have been some strange weather anomaly, I've now started finally admitting to myself that it might have come from a UFO, especially since I saw one years later, on that day at the lake when nobody else would look up.

(Once again, just to stress, the event that day on the lake was really eerie...like my fellow sail-boat companion's subconscious minds were told NOT to look up.)

[edit on 24-2-2009 by nikiano]

[edit on 24-2-2009 by nikiano]

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   
I livei upstate New York, Catskill mountains. I have seen a multitude of U.F.O.'s Includung being being chased in my car back in 2003 by a extremely bright white light that paced my car for 3 miles.

The following is a report i submitted to the national ufo reporting center back in june 2006. It was myself, my girlfriend , her friend and my brother. The sighting ocured on me and my bothers birthday, we're twins.

Occurred : 6/15/2006 22:15 (Entered as : 06/15/06 22:15)
Reported: 6/22/2006 5:56:08 PM 17:56
Posted: 7/16/2006
Shape: Unknown
Duration:18 minutes
FIVE SEPARATE BRIGHT LIGHTED AIRCRAFTS SEEN OVER FERNDALE, NY.

We were driving Old Route 17 (very dark road) headed west when one of the passengers looked off to the right and saw a very bright light in the distance. The driver was promted to pull over when there was a clearing from the trees. When we pulled over, we noticed an incredible bright light that was very far away but seemed very close. The bright light was of an orange/yellow tint. The object was not moving but rather hovering in one spot. Shortly after the driver noticed the light was dimming. After the light dimmed out it turned a very vivid orange color and began to move very fast. Then as it got further away red lights began to circle the bottom of the craft giving away its shape. It looked like an upside down top. While it was moving away we noticed an airplane traveling directly for the object which was so close that we thought they would crash. Then we noticed three other objects in the sky as the main one got further away. The other three consisted of a very bright white light that blinked inconsistantly in different blinking patterns, all of which were hovering. Once those began to move they also began to change color (mainly red, orange, and yellow). As they got further in the distance we realized that all four objects were traveling in the same direction. After the objects were covered by the trees, we began to travel further down the road when the passenger in the back noticed another object towards the left of the road which was a bright red at first and then changed to an orange color. This light, dislike the others was a clear solid light that clearly changed. At first the three lights on the objects were horizontal to each other, but the further it got and as the color changed it went to a vertical pattern. When we could not see it anymore, we then drove to our distination not seeing anything else for the rest of the night. Strangly while we were seeing all of these objects, there was several planes in the air which were completely different then the other 5 objects we saw giving it a distinct difference between an unknown aircraft and an airplane. This event lasted between 15 and 20 minutes.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   
This is another sighting i had the same year while at work. I also posted the on ufo reprting center.

Occurred : 10/30/2006 19:10 (Entered as : 10/30/06 19:10)
Reported: 10/31/2006 5:11:25 PM 17:11
Posted: 12/7/2006
Shape: Cross
Duration:25 minutes
multiple lights seen in sullivan county

I work at the local country club. I was doing a 4pm-12am shift that night. It got pretty slow so i decided to take a walk and smoke a cigerette. It was very clear outside, you could see planes everywhere. I was standing in the parking lot facing east when i caught sight of a pair of very bright lights in the sky. I stood there looking at them for about 5 mins. I dropped me cigerette and ran back down the road to the main lobby. One of the security staff was sitting at the desk. I told him that i had seen a few bright lights in the sky and that i was going to the top of the 700 wing to get a better view.( that wing has 6 floors and the roof there is the highest part of the building.) I asked if he would come with me up there and he agreed. We took the elevator up then walked the 2 flights of stairs to get to the roof. We stepped out onto the roof and i immediatly saw the 2 lights right away. i pointed them out to the gaurd. We watched both lights for about 5 mins. One of the lights blacked out and was no longer visable but the one that was became even brighter. It began to move across the horizen towards the south. It then stopped and started to pulsate. When this began to happen i noticed there was a plane off behind and below the light. This is how we know that it was just hovering there. After a few more minutes i noticed the light had a black ring around the center of it. I turned to say something to the gaurd and when i turned back the light was gone. We looed around but couldn't see anything but then another light appaere and it looked just like the other. That light blinkked out as well after 30 seconds. After a a few minutes a dimmly lit object started to move towards the south, then what i thought was a plane started to follow the dim light. The 2 got very close, travelling almost parellel to each. Then the one i thought was a plane suddenly stopped following the other light and beganto get as bright as the previous object. It then dimmed out and was not visable.We didn't see any! thing el se the rest of the night.

I got home and told my brotherwhat i had seen and he looked at me in amazment and told me that he was driving down the road from the country club and saw a similar bright light in the sky that moved to the south and blinked out just like the lights the gaurd and i saw.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   
One night maybe around 1999 or so me and two of my friends were coming back from a town 40 miles from where we live and decided to take the dirt back roads back to our house because we didnt want to risk getting pulled over as we were coming back from scoring some bud. I know you could dismiss this one as hallucination from drugs but we all wouldnt trip on the same thing besides weed doesnt cause hallucinations. First we saw a grey goblin/gargoyle/alien looking thing sitting on a hill that sat along side the dirt road. My friends were visibly freaked and told me to floor it. I got a glimpse, if at all, of the thing but my friends scared me so I punched it right as I looked up the hill at it when they first said something being up there. It was crazy. But believe it or not later on the same night is when we saw a red craft moving around fast at around 1:00 late at night. We started on the dirt road maybe eleven at night and maybe thirty minutes into the trip we saw a red light maybe 15 miles or so behind us. We thought it was brake light but thought that it was a little too strong to be brake lights but didn't really think nothing of it. And then maybe about 30 45 minutes later is when we saw that gargoyle thing. Know I dont know if that had anything to do with what we saw later on but you see all kinds of weird things out that way in the dessert so who knows. Spend a week out there behind highway 89 chances are you'll see something weird, strange lights, ghost, strange creatures... So around one that night we stopped because we were kinda lost because theres all kinds of dirt roads back there. We parked and turned the car off for awhile and we saw a red light maybe 15 miles from us and maybe like news helicopter height in the sky. It looked more like a red dot like a laser pointer progected on a wall. It also looked like a laser pointer being shaken up and down and side to side on a wall. At first it was going up and down at a speed like it would look playing around with a laser pointer being shaken. It was probably going up and down maybe 20 30 feet at a low frequency is prolly a best way to describe the speed. Then it would stop instantly for about a second or two then do the same "Shake"
side to side stop for a second then diagonally again. Ant then it will dip to the ground too. When it does it lights up the ground around it red. it probably dipped 3 or 4 times. It would dip behind a hill too and you can see it illuminate behind the hill. After watching this thing for about 5 minutes, we decided to roll the window down to see if we could hear it. But once I turned the key to the on position to put the window down it stopped its shaking action in the sky and sat still for about a quarter second and it disapppeared. I had and old school ride, a 1977 LTD, and its one of those that had a continious beep with a red seat belt light that comes on when you turn the key on. So once the beep noise came on from the keys is when it stopped and disappeared.

I'm from a rural indian reservation in N. Az. and tell you all that I know maybe at least a a dozen people that claimed to have seen ufo's. One left a deskinned horse in its path. Ufo Sightings are pretty common out this way I hear.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   
It's always an issue of "Wrong place and unprepared". Many of my friends telling me a stories with sighting, but none of them have camera or camcorder with them. I can't blame them because I am one of them, too. I guess I need to be like Japaneses tourists to have camera or camcorder around my neck at 24/7.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I bet there are a lot of people in this situation. I know from my own experience that it must be frustrating for those with no evidence to back up their claims. I for one will skip to a story with accompanying picture or video rather than read some one's description of events. I found this site while searching the internet for a possible explanation of what I had seen while on tour in Kosovo and the only reason I posted is to see if anyone else had a similar experience or could offer said explanation, not to earn points or whatever. I am not in the slightest worried about whether people think I am making the story up or not as I know what I saw because I was actually there.
What I would like is to know if anyone else may have witnessed it in the location and time frame given (I know they are vague) or a very similar event.
Here is my original post and funnily enough a picture a friend sent me of the place of the occurrence (it could be anywhere I know but it is all I have in relation to the event)

I am an ex British army soldier and have been interested in this phenomenon of "black triangles" since encountering one whilst on tour in Kosovo in 2004. I'd just like to share my version in a hope it helps shed some light. On the night it happened I was outside our temporary accommodation at a site we were sharing with the Russian army. I was sitting at a table on a patio area we had knocked up watching a DVD on a portable player.
The night was very clear and warm. Most of the other lads were either at the gym or the bar. Shortly before the event I was joined by a mate (I don't remember who unfortunately) who sat down to watch the DVD.
For some reason (I don't recall why, maybe the DVD ended) I leaned back on my chair and stretched my arms out behind me facing straight up at the sky. When I did so the first thing I remember seeing was a big patch of "starless" sky. This freaked me out straight away but within the next second it became apparent that the patch was triangular in shape because it was moving. This made me realise that it was not the stars that were missing but something massive, black and silent moving in front of them as at the front of the point of the triangle the stars were disappearing while at the back they were re-appearing.
It was hard to judge whether the object was small and close or large and far away because of the lack of sound. My initial reaction and with hindsight I would say that it was a massive object simply because of the amount of stars it was blanking out as it moved across the sky and also the speed which it travelled. If it was a small object it was moving FAR too slowly to stay airborne surely. If I had to estimate, i would say that this thing was at least 500 meters and most likely a kilometer wide at an altitude of around 5-8000 ft.
As it passed silently over the mountain horizon I turned to my mate who was also looking up and asked "did you see that?" he replied "yes, what was it?". He had followed my gaze at the sky and witnessed the same thing.
The next day I casually asked my commanding officer if there were any stealth aircraft being flown in the area and he said he didn't think so. I'd seen stealth bombers and fighters before and I know it definitely was not one of those I saw. It had no navigation lights for one thing.
I have only just got round to looking into this and just recently googled "black triangle ufo" and was amazed at the amount of reports I found. Although it would be awesome to know it was of alien origin, it seems to me (from what I have read here) that it could well be a very secret military transport.
I will keep reading this thread with great interest because I would love to know the truth.

Keep up the good work thanks,

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Well I saw one once, it was a bunch of coloured lights about 5 Metres off of the ground just moving along quite slowly and soundlessly. When I saw it I felt frozen to the spot!

It seems pointless to elaborate further, I don't know what it was and the older I get the less I really care to be quite honest. Sometimes I wish I hadn't seen it, then I might have directed my interest into more rewarding ventures, UFO's are a dead end. I was just a rabbit in the headlights.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
i sawed the ufo in my vacation 2 swe last yr... 1st there was green lite over all swe and i was all its aliens but every1 said it was nature. heres the thing - THERE IS NO SUCH # IN SOUTHERN SWE AND NEVER BEEN!! No sceintist knowed what it was, they even said it didn't know!! im not makin it up just lok at any paper from the time u can google it or whatever it was in EVERY paper in swe at the time u kno.. it cant be anything but them and i got mor proof!!

later it was "earthy quake" in swe (i was exhang student so i was still ther) it was like this yr i think u kno?
however i wake in middle of night/mornin durnig "earthquak" and im like what?? go up look in window and what do i c if not an extra terestal slowly mowin across lawn... im like theyr her! next thing i know its right up window, dont remember looks all, it was dark and i gona tell u what they did they drug me or use some advance tech you know.... it was tall like the men and had big black eys all i remember.. all the time there is "earthy quak" - mustv ben sound of them landin.. next thing i kno im wakein of my alarm and its mornin, im in bed, on top of all sheets tho.. and every1 says it earthquak but i had to ctrl myself not to lagh at them...its togh nowin the truth and noone gonna believe u...

Ty from me

/Burnout_Teabag

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Maybe this is a good time to wonder what was wrong with most of the sightings mentioned in this thread.

Witnesses and Documentation.

Whenever you see what you percieve as "abnormal" og "really weird", don't just observe. Get someone else to observe as well (preferably some passer by or other unfamiliar people).
When the observation has finished get everyone to WRITE DOWN what they think they saw, heard, smelled or sensed in other ways.
DO NOT discuss the event before all have written their account.

THEN and only then do you have a credible sighting. Please note that I don't call your un-documented sigtings for fake or made up - only Not Credible due to lack of supporting documentation.

When I was involved with SUFOI (Skandinavian UFO Information) many years ago we always tried to get supporting evidence or witnesses to stand forward. In my humble opinion those witnesses are less credible if the event is discussed thoroughly before going public or "phoning it in".

Also note that I do not support the leap from "glowing orb" to intelligent craft. A glowing orb is just that "a glowing orb" until you see someone exit through a hatch.
Or even the leap from "I haven't seen anything like this before therefore it must be an alien craft." With all the experimental craft around you cannot claim to know them all by sight.

And then there are the truly unexplained sightings. Let's see what comes out of it.
I'll eat my hat and coat if we have a truly confirmed alien on national TV before I die. Even if it kills me

HolgerTheDane

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by HolgerTheDane

In a perfect world... Unfortunately not all of us are prepared for such an event. My only incident happened just after Midnight...I wasn't about to go banging on doors. And although I was "stargazing" being 16 in 1978 I wasn't as equipped for such an event. Now some 30 years later I own no less than 3 digital cameras. 1 @ home, 1 in my truck and the 3rd in my desk at work...just in case.

All in all most "event" occur when you least expect it, you mind is on some other task, and the initial shock of it all takes some time to subside.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Me-12 years ago-the typical, orange glowing flying saucer. It just flew by northbound on a friday evening in august 1997 over area of Cologne in Germany. I was alone in my car, driving down into the next city for some ordinary reasons-sky was clear so far-only a few clouds-winds were calm-a real nice late summer evening. Suddenly, this unusual aircraft appears behind one cloud. I stopped, not to crash the car-yes-a flying saucer. I've never seen such things before-really weird. Of course, i haven't got a camera at hand, and in 1997, mobile phone cameras were something far ahead in future, but will for sure never forget it.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by HolgerTheDane

Naturally every man and woman with a sense of logic is prone to question others claims and even sanity as each individual tends to give mythical and hyperbolized explanations to what can usually be proven logically and naturally. I myself question others logical grounding when they explain a UFO story even now. But even as I consider myself to have a naturally skeptical and until proven otherwise belief system set up, I have been given the test of putting my reasoning under pressure. I use to think that UFO's were optical illusions, personal manifestations, and a ton of other things that might logically explain them. Unfortunately I have seen my share and now know otherwise and believe others personal experiences.

Whether they are of extraterrestrial origin or are manufactured by our government I do not know.

I have had a friend and a father witness these experiences with me and they too fell victim to the "can be explained" mindset until they had their experience. I think we can explain UFO's and am not saying that we cannot but at this point in time we just do not have the knowledge necessary at this point in life. Some day in the future I really think we will be able to explain them logically and conclusively.

As stated above most peoples minds are focused on something different when they witness a UFO and with the natural human reaction we usually tend to freeze or are entranced and aided by shock of the situation for different reasons. Usually it is the fear of the unknown that grabs our intellect and skews it towards seemingly ridiculous claims that seem impossible from a sensible viewpoint. I was this way but my accounts are not exaggerated at all, not even a little.

Even after having my own experiences I am lead to question my own sanity but since I had friends with me I know I am not completely crazy. To those skeptics (which I use to be) the only way to truly know and end your skepticism is to have your own experience. I hope you do.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Several years back I was a field tech for a computer service company. The job required me to drive all over the state working on home, business, education and medical computer systems from servers to laptops.

One day I was going to a site that I had to get a security clearance in order to get into the site. It was about a 1.5 hour drive from my office. The day was a wonderful one with clear skies, a brish wind and the temp was about 82 degrees. The county road was a 2 lane and lined with trees. I had not seen another car either coming towards me or behind me. I felt like I had dropped off the face of the Earth.

As I got closer to the site, I noticed a large black triangle sitting just over the tree line in a very large field. I slowed down to watch this thing as it slowly moved off out of sight. I'm not sure how far away it was, but you could tell by the bulk of the thing and the shadow it cast it was big! Needless to say I was stunned.

I went into the site, got signed in and was escorted to a nice room where I could have room to take the units apart just outside of the offices where several people were working. I worked on a laptop and was about to start on a PC when the fellow that let me in asked if I would mind going with him and some of the other workers to the designated smoking area as I could not be left alone in the office due to security reasons. I said sure, but I don't smoke but I'll take a soda.

We were all standing outside on this wonderful little porch on the side of the building which had a view of the fields that ran from the property to the tree line which was a pretty good distance. Everyone was smoking and drinking coffee (I had a Mountain Dew) and talking about silly stuff when one guy shouted "what the hell is that thing?". The black traingle I had seen earlier was hovering not far off the ground out in the field to the left of our location and maybe less than a mile away. It was drifting slowly from our left to the right. It was huge! It looked like it was at least 4 football fields in size and appeared to have been molded. It had slick lines, curves and folds an not a single rivet that I could see. There were 4 lights, one in each corner and one in the center. We watched it hover there for about 5 minutes. It was a dull black color

As we all stood there in stunned silence, the craft raised straight up slowly and then turned to the right of us in a very graceful move and then started moving off. The lights underneath the craft came on and then WHOOSH it was gone. Not a sound could be heard coming from it. When we saw it turn away from us, the back end looked like rows of rectangles with something that looked like bluish-white plasma "flames" that got brighter when it sped off.

One guy had dropped his coffee. Another one said something like "I don't think we were supposed to see that" and went back inside quickly. The rest of us went back inside, saying nothing about what we had seen. The mood in the offices outside of the room I was working in had changed. They were all laughing and cutting up before we saw this thing, but afterwards they were quite silent. I worked on the PC and got it running and set back up in it's place and left the building. I kept looking for the triangle but never saw it again.

The building were I saw this is a lone set of buildings and shops, all unmarked and quite a distance from any towns, homes or farms. As I said, it's a beautful drive. A nice 2 lane county highway with trees lining the road as far as you can see. Huge fields of grass on each side. Not many people travel the road that leads to the buildings and whatever lies beyond.

If anyone else saw this thing that day it would have been sheer luck.

It was something I will never forget. I've only told a couple of people about this. I'm glad I found somewhere I could share this with others.

[edit on 25-2-2009 by JimTheOwl]

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I saw something weird a few years ago.

It was night , I was looking at the full starred night sky of the beach , as I saw 2 stars moving away from each other , they seemed to be going extremely fast considering the distance , and I never heard of a "natural phenomenon" like that.

I was somewhat stunned at the sight , and got pretty agitated , but the UFO thought never even passed through my mind at that time.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Hi Rek, I had one UFO encounter but because of lag of proof I never brought it up.

Firstly I'd like to say that I have seen many planes and helicopters in night time.

This happened in Finland, last September about 11 pm. Me and my girlfriend were on a daily night walk in city forest. I was enjoying the open view to night sky and watching stars above the trees in horizon. Then very bright blue light appeared to the sky from no where. It wasn't sparkling or blinking or anything, just constantly visible. It started moving slowly, almost vertically, down. I stopped walking and quickly said to my girlfriend to look above the trees. No words came out when we were looking to the bright light, it was so stunning sight. After about 10 seconds it was above the trees in horizon and seemed like it was landing behind the trees. We didn't see the light anymore when it went behind the trees. I didn't know what to think. After the light disappeared my girlfriend got very scared almost panic-like. She wanted that we turn back and go a quick way to home. So we got back to our apartment and went straight to bed. There she said that she wanted to deny what she saw and insisted we never talk about it. I didn't get almost any sleep that night.

So next day I spent lot of time reading and watching videos about all sorts of things it might have been, meteor, helicopter, light from emergency pistol or what it's called, some sort of phenomena in the sky etc. Nothing matched what I had seen. It was in slow almost in perfect stable vertical movement, no sound, no trace behind, it appeared to the sky where I was looking at from no where and it was very bright. You can imagine my mind was pretty restless, I wanted to find sense making explanation what I saw, no dice.

Also there is no airport or landing area anywhere near as this is quite small city. Only times you see a plane or helicopter pass this area is maybe once or twice in mid summer.

When I was trying to find explanation I remembered I visited site Above Top Secret many years ago and thought I would tell what I saw as it was so stunning sight. After I read few topics I realized I would get eaten before I managed to press "post". Since that sight in September I've been silently checking this site for other people's UFO sightings and now decided to make account to tell my story as this seems quite flame-free topic.

One thing I'm sure is that this sighting opened my mind for totally new perspectives of thinking and I wish my girlfriend would have taken the same road instead of denying what she saw with her own eyes.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Hello World

and I thank you for your reply :UP:

Have you noticed more of an observation of UFOs?

you recorded sounds, photos or videos, and if there has been media coverage or other witnesses to the observation of UFOs.

[edit on 27//2/0909 by Plusthon]

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I have. As a matter of fact my whole family, our neighbors, neighborhood, and most of the town saw it. A local disc jockey was pleading with everyone to stop calling in to the radio station because he didn't know what it was. This was back around '71 (I was about 5 years old) and there was a largeish scarlet red light moving south to north. Football-shaped, it was moving slowly, no other lights just a ball of red light. I've never been able to find any reports of it since or anyone else besides my family and our good-friends across the street from our house at the time that remembers it. But it happened.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Elepheagle

Your glowing sphere seems to be almost identical to what I saw around 1975 in central New York state. I was about 12 at the time, and I remember this like it was yesterday. My mom was driving, and one of my brothers was in the front seat, and my other brother and I were in the back seat. It was August, and the weather was warm and clear, no clouds to speak of, and it was still very light out, but the sun had gone behind the hills. We were crossing a bridge going into town and I look out the window, and there's this perfectly spherical, extremely bright light moving toward the car. It's maybe 300 feet off the ground, and moving about 50mph, very steady speed, steady altitude, and the light remained very steady as well, no variation in intensity (rules out ball lightning). As we were about int he middle of the bridge, it passed over our car, and I expected the bridge to be lit up like crazy from the light this thing was giving off, but there was none. The light was not reaching the ground.. it was not casting light, but it was bright as hell to look at. No scattering of light, either. Very bright and a perfect sphere. I didn't really understand how that could be, and still don't. If I were to guess, I'd say the sphere was about 3-4 meters in diameter. Not real big, but certainly big enough to be some kind of craft. As I watched it pass over the car, it continued on its heading for maybe a half mile or so, then made a 90-degree right turn without slowing. It kept on the new heading for maybe 1/4 mile at most, then made another 90-degree turn to the left, back to its original heading, then it accelerated up and away so fast that it was mind-blowing. I recall actually seeing it move away at that incredible speed.

When we got home, my mom called the state troopers and reported it, and they told her that a couple hundred other people had called to report it as well. They gave no explanation as to what it was.

In the couple of years following, the rest of my family witnessed another craft from our backyard, the classic silver cigar-shaped hovering-then-disappearing thing, but I was inside the house and by the time I ran out to get a look, it was gone.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
It was the summer of 1997 around 7pm.I was waiting for the wife to come out of her parents house ,two eclipsed silver discs following each other passed behind a chimney stack on the over side of the road about 20 houses down.Followed closely with a slow moving plane along the same flight path.
It has haunted me ever since.
Not knowing is the worst
LEE OF BIRMINGHAM

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I think it's interesting to note how many of these encounters have a component of "strangeness" about them that tends to make the simple explanation of "alien creatures from other planets flying around in aircraft" actually more difficult to fathom.

This is what you get when you look past the bulk of stuff you see on the Internet or on YouTube. Stuff that has no rational reason to exist. Just odd, strange and unfathomable.

The more I look into the subject, and the more I ponder it, the less it seems to be about alien critters. There's a perceptual component to it, and it has something to do with the way our consciousnesses interact with and create reality. I don't know exactly how it works. It's baffling.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join