It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I wonder how many here have seen a UFO but had no pic/proof ?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I was in boarding School, Eastbourne on the south coast of England 1976 or 77 i would have been 9 or 10 (long time ago now to remember exactly).

At some time in the night i woke to a orange glow moving across the far wall of the dorm not unlike the reflection of a cars high beam which i thought it was,but at the same time realizing there is no roads on the hills (south downs) i got up to go to the window were the light was coming from thinking someone was driving around on the downs.

I opened the curtains to see a intensely bright orange light a light moving from the downs to the schools direction. Hight i could not tell you,, but a few hundred feet at a guess as this object did not look very large but it was neither small, it passed by the window.
I ran to my bed which window faced the the street to have a good view of this object slowly and with no sound move above us towards Eastbourne illuminating everything around with a crisp sharp light causing shadows of twigs and branches of the trees on the ground to move and sway as this object moved past us.

At a blink of an Eye the orange ball of light (craft) was instantly joined by another pfffft just like that there was two!!!! It was at this point I screamed "UFO" "UFO" look every one within seconds i had half the kids in the dorm looking out the windows with a perfect view of the Ufo's slowly moving towards town, it was a few min's,,,The departure was what made me really think about what we saw the only way i can describe it was as tracer bullet shooting straight up,, one whoosh then the other whoosh gone!

Photo/proof No, Eyewitness yes.

As a personal confirmation of sorts i recently have found a couple of old school friends on Face Book i made mention to one of them that i had seen a UFO back at that school, to which she answered that her Brother Frank had also seen one and never forgot it often talked about it..it was so long ago that i forgot that Frank was in the same dorm as me.

I'm 43 now and that is by far the biggest mystery in my life, not one day goes by without me dwelling on it for a minute or so,,What did we see that night

Proof no,, but honest testimony yes.

Alien? don't know but the departure the way the object shot off like that that sticks with me the most.. The way one arrived and the way they both left.

Thanks for letting me share my little story with you all.

[edit on 23-2-2009 by MinMin]

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Count me in that group....early in the '70's we all saw this big orange ball floating in the night sky. I mean this was big....perhaps as big as a small house.
About ten of us were there. When we called the cops we were the 13th caller to report it.
Cops said they had no idea.

Look on the web ....search for orange ball ufo....many others have seen this and have pictures.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Dark Deception

I admire your strength in coming forward to speak about your experiences.

May I suggest discussing this with someone that you honestly trust. It should include confidentiality & your feeling comfortable. No one has to carry such a heavy piece of baggage about. It really helps one to feel better if you can share it. I assure you that it will get better.

Cheers.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
This was maybe a week ago....

it was below the clouds....small...seemed like it was maybe the size of one of those toy hummer remote control cars. The shape was round but pointed at one end. it was silver...no lights during the day and went in one direction until it was out of sight...i didnt feel strange or anything and i was sober lol. the only camera i have is a pos one i got at walmart for fifty bucks and it was inside....i have to smoke outside so i didnt have it with me.

just cause i want to say it, this camera...i tried to take a picture of the 'smiley face' seen when the moon and two planets were aligned and it said on it not enough light use flash so even if i see something at night...i probably wont get a shot of it....stupid cameras...i should pawn it.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Yes, I have seen several UFOs that clearly visible as crafts and not just flickering lights. Nothing I have seen was disturbing, I just always had that reaction like, "Wow! What was that!"

I've always been a sky watcher though. They are up there, you just have to have a trained eye to be able to distinguish from planes, animals, shooting stars, etc.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Me, too. Mine happened when I was a child so .. no pictures or anything.

Here's my written account, which didn't get much attention here on ATS.

The Green Light UFO

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Rek2008

No, i actually moved from that location a month later after the footage was taken
But I see them up in the sky often!

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
One uneventful December afternoon, while returning home on the Pacific Coast Highway,I had an encounter with a advanced piloted aerial vehicle of unknown origin. I now believe that man has constructed and operate craft way beyond known technology.You may,or may not believe it. I know what I witnessed that day. These craft exist,somewhere,and man made them.The technology available to do so exists.

thesecretflyingsaucer.blogspot.com...

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
One, when I was younger, I saw a little white dot in high up in sky (daylight) and it was moving across the sky. There was no sound, it didn't look like a plane (unless they have planes that fly that high, don't know). It was a neat experience whether it was an actual UFO or just a plane/weather balloon/satellite.

Second, Just last year, during the night time. I saw a little red dot (not blinking) moving slowly across the night sky. It was a dull red and I was very lucky to have seen it as I was walking out of of the post office (i always look up at the stars) because it was so tiny and dull. It moved across the sky for a few seconds, estimate 10 sec and then it faded away. It occur to me that it was definitely not a plane since that was way high in the sky.

Since I lack knowledge on how satellites or weather balloons look like from Earth, I can't say if that was what I saw.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rek2008
It is, isn't it? It's exciting to me to read about all the accounts, accounts remembered from early childhood to the very recent.

Yes, all the ones from childhood are interesting. I thought I was the only one (apart from my friend, of course) who had seen something like that at a young age.

It's also interesting how they stick in your mind. I don't know about others, but I remember very little of my childhood, so to remember something that lasted perhaps a minute... It must have made an impression.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by DREAMING MAN

I thank you for you empathy my friend, and i have to say, I am surprised at how it appears that everyone is being listened to and being respected in this thread. I think that's awesome!

As far as partly voicing my story to a trusted friend, I just did, to many friends here on ATS, so thankyou!

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I have, numerous times. The best ones are:

1. On the road between Deniliquin and Ivanhoe on the Hay Plains when I was 10 years old. It was the early hours of the morning as my dad liked to travel long distances at night when it was cool. We'd left Melbourne at sunset and were intending to arrive at Menindee the next morning. It would have been around 3 AM when I looked out the passenger window and a light was travelling parallel to us a couple of kilometres to the left.

2. Driving into Deniliquin from Moonahcullah (an old Aboriginal Mission) just after sunset when I was 25. My sister was in the car with me. I thought it was a helicopter landing in the trees and didn't think much of it until later when I realized no one around there had a helicopter and wouldn't be landing it in the scrub anyway. Especially at night.

3. My wife (fiance at the time) and I were at the Quix on the Northern Road in Orchard Hills, Penrith when a bloke approached us and asked if we could see what he was seeing. I got out of the car and could see 6 or so orange lights floating over the Blue Mountains.

4. Around 2 years ago we were visiting an aunty in Endeavour Hills (Melbourne) right on sunset and I looked up to see a bright glowing object (white light) travelling at considerable speed but with absolute silence to the south west. I pointed it out but no one else was interested. About 6 months after that I was watering our garden at 10 PM (water restrictions in Melbourne allowed us to water our gardens on Wednesday nights back then) when I saw 2 objects. The first was probably a satellite but it was strange how it flared up as if re-entering the atmosphere then faded out as it headed north. The 2nd was the same bright white light I had seen 6 months earlier - again travelling swiftly and silently to the south west.

There's been a couple of other sightings of the orange lights which lead me to do some research into them and it appears that a lot of people have seen them up and down the east coast of Australia.

I have no idea what I've seen but my gut feel is secret military craft.

One of my best friends captured a bright light over Melbourne on video some time back. He and his family have all had numerous sightings at different times and at different locations. Some of my extended family have also seen some strange things, one of them at Moonahcullah and another in the hills outside Melbourne on the raod to Heathcote.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
2001 I saw what appeared to be a very large fireball that was barely moving and raining down sparks onto the treetops. It made absolutely no sound and moved so slow I could walk along under it and keep up. My parents also saw it but, it only lasted like 2 minutes then it sped up and flew off to the north. Upstate SC.

2003 I had moved for a short time to stay with roommates in a small town called Elkin NC. We lived on top of a very large hill where I could see "The Brown Mountain Lights" which went into motion about 2am a few nights every week. I had read where it was believed to be "swamp gas" but, they looked like people carrying torches over the mountain in a random pattern.

One night I was sitting on the front porch about 3am and was watching this take place again and thought nothing of it. It was cloudy and had been snowing on and off. I saw the clouds part and a light come down that was as large as the whole mountain and hovered over it. It shined a bright light on the mountain in such a way that I could see the green of the pines and all the detail of it as if daytime. The small lights I had seen many times all flew up the the large light and it rose back up into the clouds. This took all of 20 seconds or so.

[edit on 24/2/2009 by toochaos4u]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by answerman

Great post, Answerman. It's great to see Australia is still a hotbed for UFO sightings. This article I clipped from The Austin American Statesman in Texas way back in 1988 blew me away when I first read it. It's what first got me truly interested in the subject.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   
I used to live offbase in El Paso Texas/ Fort Bliss and we were driving from East Side to Westside(Downtown). When we were nearing the spaghetti bowl in the center of town I was looking up at the clouds and saw a tiny luminous ball "dart in and out of the huge clouds that had formed above the city that day at super fast speeds. The ball went orbital and faded into the blue.

Later that night on the ten o'clock news, someone had filmed a UFO in the same area of town above the military base but at night. My sighting was during the afternoon.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   
I have, but only once. It was when I was about 8 years so around late 80's early 90's. This happened in the South East Coast of Kent, UK.

I was playing in the garden in summer and the garden backed onto a field full of barley crop. Two UFO's around the size of van flew past. They did make noise, but it was not loud.

They very dark grey / black in colour and appeared to have a rounded / dome front. (Not your norm triangle type you hear about all the time). They did not do any special manoeuvres etc, just flow past in a straight line only going about 50 mph. (This was not a crop dusting aircraft, as this had been performed a few days earlier with a conventional plan with a propeller.)

This sighting was in daylight.

I can remember this vividly.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 03:28 AM
link   
I saw a UFO, It was a huge purple flashing light, it lit up the entire sky, it flashed twice then got bigger and then went quickly back into the sky.

5 weeks before that I saw an alien in my sleep but I think it viseted me, it was brown and skinny, with a long neck and a sqaure head, but it wasn't a grey because it was nice to me but then turned evil and me and the people in my dream chased it away because it was telling us conspiracies we didn't want to here, like 911 was caused by a UFO, but I will never know if it did visit me or it all was just a dream.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 03:31 AM
link   
I have had two sightings of UFOs, but with no proof I never saw the point in posting anything about them. In fact, this is my first post on ATS. I've been lurking for several years but never felt that I had anything valid to say.

The first was one of the ubiquitous orange balls, which was far too large and moving in such a way that I was certain it was not a regular aircraft, a Chinese lantern, or any of the other usual explanations.

The second was of two dots of light high in the sky, which looked like stars. They were pulling manoeuvres in tandem that I'm sure would kill a human pilot in a conventional aircraft. From where I was standing they appeared to be tracing a double helix, like that of DNA, at incredible speeds.

I know these aren't exactly ground breaking sightings, but they certainly convinced me that there are aircraft/objects in the sky other than the ones we are told about.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 03:45 AM
link   
yes,

i believe i have seen 3

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 04:17 AM
link   
I have seen 2 Ufo´s.

Like an Star/Satellite - But the weard thing about it was that it stood still and then moved. Some freinds saw it to. Can satellites stand still and then move?

2# I got the each to go and buy some coke and candy. On the way home from the store, I got the feeling that somebody was looking at me. And it was above me. When I turned around and looked there was a big star following me. Like a big satellite. i got scared and run home.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join