It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas joins the club of States telling the Federal Government to Stand Down

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Mercenary2007

I agree with you and Im not saying I dont want it, in fact i have been waiting for it. We need our rights back and our State. Im not worried if they send in troops, I have enough hours of COD4 and 5 to protect myself .

[edit on 18-2-2009 by Armour For Victor]

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryptonian

Oh yes, John boy..... Let's examine the credibility.

John Titor

Titor claimed to be a serving soldier who was recruited to a governmental time travel project. He was supposedly sent from 2036 back to 1975 to retrieve an IBM 5100 computer which he claimed was needed to "debug" various legacy computer programs in 2036.

..... enough said.

Even a broken watch tells the right time twice a day.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I always thought Texas was already its own country?

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Armour For Victor

I have enough hours of COD4 and 5 to protect myself .

LOL! No doubt. An fortunately Texans also have the guns and ammo to back Call of Duty 'training'.

I keep a grouping of about 6 inches at 100 yards with an iron sights on my AR-15.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
I always thought Texas was already its own country?

No, but we can be! Its all a matter of time now. . . . Maybe.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Armour For Victor

I hope you do realize its alot easier to kill someone in a game than it is in real life, even if you are defending yourself. Taking another humanbeings life is alot harder on a person than they think. And a lot of people can't handle the grief afterwards. no matter how they try and rationalize it.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mercenary2007
reply to post by Armour For Victor

I hope you do realize its alot easier to kill someone in a game than it is in real life, even if you are defending yourself. Taking another humanbeings life is alot harder on a person than they think. And a lot of people can't handle the grief afterwards. no matter how they try and rationalize it.

I think I get that, and for me its even hard to kill any life source. I completly understand how hard this may be. But I will tell you this though, if a civil war so happens to break, well anything threatening my life or my FAMILY than I will react with any force necessary to defend that. Im hispanic and not sure if your aware, but our bonds are branded from the roots. Thats why there is all this crap with gangs and what not. But in any case, I can cleary see what you mean.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   

And another thing, there is no respawns!

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Texas is a Republic not a state. and they are the only country that was annexed into the union. Texas is one of a few "states" that if they left the union could actually support itself.

Texas is also the only "state" that could leave the union and the federal government would have a hard time forcing back into the union. But also if Texas left the union on their own they would be caught between 2 countries trying to reclaim Texas. the U.S. and Mexico.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by liesnomore
As a "outsider" do I know more about US history or I was misinformed. To my knowledge - Texas NEVER was legally part of the Union. Texas never sign to be a part of the Union. Texas was Annexed and that it is a direct violation of Constitution of US. Am I wrong on this one?.

Not true and we did not retain the right to secede. We joined via treaty.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Well that is why I think news like this thread is so vital. I definitely think power can be restored to the people with out violence and it should be. It seems the State Governments may be our last bastion of hope for such a path.

That being said with out going too far off topic, you better believe if someone starts rounding up my family, friends, neighbors, and fellow human beings to ship them off to FEMA camps or something else along those lines, I will have no qualms with my conscience what so ever after pulling the trigger.

IF, there were someone to carry out such an agenda as rounding up citizens and implementing martial law, I do not believe they would be American and certainly not Texan.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel
reply to post by Dr Love

May take has been Perry rode on Bush's coat tail with the rural folks. The trans Texas corridor really upset many here. If enough people pay attention I think his time is up. My fear is that too many people are so apathetic that they will just vote for him again because he is the incumbent.

Some people's heads are to thick for sense to leak in.

Depends on who runs against him. I don't think rural Texas will support him. The corridor was just too much along with not securing the borders which was one of his campaign promises.

There are still signs on property all around my area to stop the corridor. I don't think these people will forget.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous Avatar

That being said with out going too far off topic, you better believe if someone starts rounding up my family, friends, neighbors, and fellow human beings to ship them off to FEMA camps or something else along those lines, I will have no qualms with my conscience what so ever after pulling the trigger.

There is this video I saw in the NEW Video and Media section of a video from a fellow ATS that shows a Fema building being constructed in Denton. About 40 to an hour north of Dallas.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Not meaning to insult you, but there is a lot of Americans with a criminal mind set. Who have no moral qualms about shooting you and stealing your watch.

Granted your everyday common US citizen, then yes. You are correct.

(Edit: Somehow posted the response to mercenary2007 backwards?)

[edit on 18-2-2009 by msnevil]

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous Avatar

Well that is why I think news like this thread is so vital. I definitely think power can be restored to the people with out violence and it should be. It seems the State Governments may be our last bastion of hope for such a path.

IF, there were someone to carry out such an agenda as rounding up citizens and implementing martial law, I do not believe they would be American and certainly not Texan.

I think that's another reason the states are trying out these non binding resolutions. they know if they come right out with binding resolutions or other actions it will cause bloodshed. The states want to assert their rights but at the same time they don't want anyone to get hurt.

But we all know the federal government will not give up their power without a fight. and my feeling is as much as i don't like the idea we will see another civil war in the U.S. and this one will be even more bloodier than the first.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by msnevil

no insult taken.
But the percentage with the criminal mindset is smaller than the percentage of people without that mindset.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   

There is this video I saw in the NEW Video and Media section of a video from a fellow ATS that shows a Fema building being constructed in Denton. About 40 to an hour north of Dallas.

Is this the video you are referencing?

media.abovetopsecret.com...

If this is it, it has been constructed for many, many years now. However, it is not a FEMA camp. Think of this facility as corporate headquarters for FEMA's Region IV here in the South West. This place is within 10 miles of me.

[edit on 2/18/2009 by Amaxium]

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amaxium

Is this the video you are referencing?

media.abovetopsecret.com...

If this is it, it has been constructed for many, many years now. However, it is not a FEMA camp. Think of this facility as corporate headquarters for FEMA's Region IV here in the South West. This place is within 10 miles of me.

[edit on 2/18/2009 by Amaxium]

Yup! Thats the one, well i didnt know what it was thats why i didnt call it a FEMA camp with certanty, thanks though. Not sure exactly where it is but its probably 40 minutes from me.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mercenary2007
and my feeling is as much as i don't like the idea we will see another civil war in the U.S. and this one will be even more bloodier than the first.

I will just say I hope you are wrong. As long as our state representatives are willing to take on the fight, they will have my full support as a citizen they represent.

I encourage everyone to write to their state congressmen and get them on board with this type of stuff.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous Avatar

i hope i'm wrong as well. My state is one of the states that is proposing one of these resolutions. Its not getting any media attention here where i live yet, but the state reps that i have talked with are in favor of it and are pushing it hard in the state capitol. After talking to my state reps i found out this is the 2nd time Missouri has asserted its sovereignty to the federal government in the last 10-20 years.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join