It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas joins the club of States telling the Federal Government to Stand Down

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I'm a Canadian who was awakened by Alex Jones a few years ago. A lot of Canadians have been awakened by Alex Jones and we thank him from the bottom of our collective Canadian hearts. And we're spreadin' the word.

I've never been to Texas. But there was a time when we'd occasionally see a bumper sticker on a car up here in Canada that said "Don't mess with Texas". And those bumper stickers on cars with Texas plates aggravated us to no end to tell you the truth.

But in the past few years, our attitude toward Texans has done a complete 180. I can see now that the bumper sticker was no joke. And once I discovered that Texas produces people like Alex Jones and Dr. Ron Paul, I really started to pay attention. Texas, as I happily found out, is not a state full of clones of GWB. Thank God for that

As a Canadian, I'd like to express how proud I am of Texas now, and of all Texans who will choose to get behind their state, and defend it from the oligarchs. I'm stunned and totally shocked that so many states are suddenly taking the bull by the horns like this. I mean.... I'm stunned and so darned excited about it, and proud of Americans for the first time in my life... that I'm about to mess my underwear.

Congratulations on your courage. This is what I call "real" American courage. And please be aware that there are people all over the world who will back you up as best we can from beyond your borders. You can thank Alex Jones for that

Godspeed!

Albertarocks

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Ok so everyone is saying "REBEL"

I am thinking and asking you:

'Ok so we do rebel, What then? Who would lead the country? What would we be without The goverment! I am not saying that the gov is right, We all know that is not true, but I am saying "why would we expose are selves like that?"

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by saint4God

It has been said that pure Democracy is mob rule. And that when the people all start demanding handouts from the government, and get them, that is the beginning of the end. Like todays newspaper...

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
The governemnt is still going to run the country but without taking the rights of its individuals is what these states are putting their foot down for, We want the government to conform to us and not us to them as it should be. For the people by the people is such a profound statement and should echo an eternity.

And I don't think we are exposing ourselves, I simply think we are finally as a nation starting to put our foot down and say no more. We just need the rest of the states to stand up and do the same thing, that will make a statement in its own right and the Federal Government might think twice before trying to bully us on this. If we don't make a stand and say no more then they will continue to bulldoze right over us and our rights.

And yes I'm a proud Texan

[edit on 18-2-2009 by Humanform]

[edit on 18-2-2009 by Humanform]

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
We humans come in many shapes, colors, and sizes, owners of varied opinions and worldviews. Individually we are who we are. People in the United States collectively make up what is referred to as American/culture. It is to each and every individual I am appealing at this moment, in this simple email. True enough that all of humanity is facing a plethora of physical and spiritual challenges....the likes of which have probably never been seen and experienced up until the present. That said please consider very carefully what I'm about to say: we already know that the American/globalist leadership (i.e. Fed/elites) are "stirring the melting pot." So fast in fact our heads are spinning, disorienting us as we struggle to make sense in the confusion. Do your best to clock and check your reactions folks. It's those reactions that the ubiquitous "THEY/THEM" are counting on to provide the reasons ( i.e. excuses) to bring the curtain down. You get the drift: create the Problem; chart the Reactions; install (not much in the way of courteous offering anymore) the SOLUTION. Of course I'm pointing to the Hegelian Dialectic philosophy, the perennial favorite of power-mongering humans. The agents provocateur are on the rampage. Choose your battles wisely for we are dealing with the ones who manufacture ordo ab chao. As Bob Dylan once said "We all gotta serve somebody."

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Thanks for that, it will be very interesting to see what happens next.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mercenary2007
Texas is a Republic not a state. and they are the only country that was annexed into the union. Texas is one of a few "states" that if they left the union could actually support itself.

Texas is also the only "state" that could leave the union and the federal government would have a hard time forcing back into the union. But also if Texas left the union on their own they would be caught between 2 countries trying to reclaim Texas. the U.S. and Mexico.

You are right about Texas, but I will not worry about the Mexico. They are too busy to kill each others over drugs.

On another note: I saw a many "tough posts" from a Texans, but I would like to ask them - "what took you so long". Texas have been enslave for over 200 years and you did nothing. No other nation on Earth have been enslave for so long.Many of you did not even know the history of Texas and outsider had to remind you that Texas was always a free country but not recognize by international law. What amaze me is that Texas it is not recognize as a free country even by the Texans.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Wow, I am surprised that this has gotten so many replies, since it is not new news that states are doing this.

Hopefully now that TX is doing it the Feds will start to pay some freaking attention since there is so much industry and population here.

It might get bloody but I think I can speak from many of my fellow Texans, we are up for that. We did it once before, and won!

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Albertarocks

I've never been to Texas. But there was a time when we'd occasionally see a bumper sticker on a car up here in Canada that said "Don't mess with Texas"...

Actually those are part of the anti-litter campaign in Texas. Messing up the roadways with litter. But the very fact those words were chosen might say something about our mindset at times.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

We didn't know that! We always thought it was a stance that Texans took that meant "Don't mess with Texans". We thought it was a bit taunting. Thanks for straightening me out about that.

None the less... now more than ever I think those words really mean "don't mess with Texans or our state". God bless you all. I have no doubt TX will be a great leader in what is almost certainly about to unfold.

Stay safe and stay smart.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Albertarocks
reply to post by roadgravel

None the less... now more than ever I think those words really mean "don't mess with Texans or our state". God bless you all. I have no doubt TX will be a great leader in what is almost certainly about to unfold.

Stay safe and stay smart.

They do.

DOn't let anyone tell you otherise.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by j2000
Good find.

I emailed several friends in Texas to let them know to support it.
One has a wife that is a federal Judge.
Most of them race cars, and have a good fan base.

I am sure Alex Jones will be all over this.

Do you think Alex Jones will be able to have free speech on the radio if Texas files sovereignty?

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I'm in Texas and I emailed my congressman about it a few weeks ago when i first heard about New Hampshire. It's nice living in a state where peoples' rights still seem important

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Guys - I whole heartedly support what the states are doing ... I mean 911 ... OK City ... USS LIBERTY ... ah ..
but I also just thought about this ....
Maybe they have to break the Union to form a new Union .. The North American Union.... ever think of that and we are just being lined up for pick up.... wooooo ....

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Im all for the reformation of the Republic of Texas. I would fight if need be.

As for Mexico. They wouldnt be a problem. what military gear is in Texas stays in Texas. That would give us heavy bombers and nukes. While Im not promoting shooting off nukes. A country with a half arse military going againts a nation with nukes.

And I promise the US could not handle the gurilla warfare we Texans would dish out to defend our home.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Power_Semi

In all due respect, please re-read your own last sentence.

It's not baffling at all. Americans are fed up with it. They're awakening to who really is the real cause of all the world's troubles. They're suddenly realizing that the FED isn't even American but is a privately owned bank that has raped their country since its inception. Americans are pissed! The biggest question of all is... what took them so long finally get this started?

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mercenary2007
reply to post by Armour For Victor

well look at history for your answer. the Civil war was fought because Eleven Southern slave states declared their secession from the U.S. and formed the Confederate States of America. the Civil war was fought over secession not slavery.

Fast forward to today. if we had states declaring secession from the U.S. you better believe the federal government would send in federal troops to stop it. they will do anything to keep their power. they will do anything to keep the states in line and ultimately the people.

Now i have a question for you. Lincoln is credited with freeing the slaves right. my question is did he actually free the slaves or enslave us all?

Excellent question! And I think most of us know the answer to that...

American by birth - Southern by the grace of God!

We all know that the Fed has been boiling the frogs slowly. My hope is that the frogs will soon get some legs under them and get the heck out of the pot!

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by OhZone
And what are the Feds saying about all this?

I'm sure it won't be on Fox or CNN.

Any leaks from insiders?

Go to youtube and search (Coast to Coast am Georg Noory) Im sure you know who he is. Than change preference to recently added. There should be one with Alex Jones and several representatives. They talk about all this stuff.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Thank the lord I live in Texas...
Don't mess with it..
The Federal Government is a tool of the state...I loved that part..it is not the other way around.

[edit on 18-2-2009 by antmax21]

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous Avatar

As a fellow Texan, I will be notifying my rep about my support for this in the next few days. Thanks for the heads up on this. Regardless of whether this is just a dog and pony show, I believe that if the reps see enough support for this, it will be hard to ignore. At some point in time, next steps will need to be discussed.

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join