It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas joins the club of States telling the Federal Government to Stand Down

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaxium

I appreciate your view and no doubt respect it. I just think that the courts are the way to go if Texas or any other state truly believe the FEDS overstepped their boundary.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous Avatar

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!! My Home State!!!

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
reply to post by arizonascott

When they are confronted with millions of pissed off armed Americans, they will start crapping their pants.

I wish this would be the case. However, if what has happened over the last few months don't wake them up then I am about sure this resolution won't. Most people could care less about government civics. All they care about is what is the government doing for me or giving me. Sad but true.

100% agreement. Most people know zip about their gov. and they seem to like it that way. These resolutions have the staying power of a drop of gasoline on a bonfire. There won't be any armed uprisings etc. any time soon, that you can bank on.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Well good for Texas, evidently a place where the good, bad and ugly are all home on the range. Check out New Hampshire's HCR-6. It's even more succinct. (Live Free or Die, baby!) It's about time somebody in an elected position woke up and did his or her job. In my mind the US Government has already fallen; been totally co-opted by NWO, military/industrial psychopaths. They wrap themselves in a culture of secrecy, utterly ficticious patriotism and paternalistic bull while they plot our subjugation. And we hand it to them on a platter by refusing to realize their regard for us is only slightly above that for earth worms and by supporting their nazi sub-culture via our support for phantom wars. I just pray it is not all too little, too late.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Now it's time for each state to recall their senators and Congressmen who are responsible for the usurping!

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I am disappointed in all those who decry this as not newsworthy and devoid of meaning.

Each state must operate within the confines of the powers that remain theirs to wield. Right now, resolutions stating intent and consequence are all that can be done, because the political construct of the federal government REFUSES the privilege the Constitution guarantees.

We have all the elements in place to establish a viable case that the Federal Government of the United States of America has been overthrown by transnational corporate interests. Each and every one of the pieces of the puzzle all lead to the same end.

The Federal Government was usurped by domestic agents in many guises, corporate lobbyists, international power-brokers, transnational financial cartels, and even elite family dynasties. They even celebrate their success in seizing control of the country on the IOU's they FORCE us to 'borrow' at interest ("Annuit Coeptis") and use as our national currency DESPITE a Constitutional mandate to the contrary.

The federal government has become and "Enterprise" entirely of its own making, dedicated to perpetuating the marginalization of the states of the union, and virtually blackmailing each into submission via economic terror.

They have deceived us into believing that the political system is functioning and 'consensus' is equivalent to compromise.

They use the military to further goals that have NOTHING to do with our nation; these are our children they are sending off to die and be maimed to further their own agenda. They have apparently raised the hackles of a few members of the political machinery - some seem to see the truth as it coalesces before their eyes; others, deeply entrenched into the political framework - hoping for a corporate future via the Fed fast-track will deny and portray it all as nonsense. They call it BS but somehow we STILL see legislation which the NATION disapproves of being railroaded through, wars fought despite the populations unwillingness to support it, laws and regulations shamelessly diminishing our freedoms and empowering corporate sovereignty over citizenship, stripping the public wealth and transferring its control to private interests, and so much more.

Yet some here would simply call this 'ho-hum' 'nothing to see here'.

Where do you suppose we start? Perhaps when people like you who chuckle and move on, finally desist your denial of the trend and take notice?

The federal government needs to return to it's intended purpose. But the damn MBA's took over, and they think it's a business - THEIR business. And we are all just 'resources' (human resources) awaiting our allotment of duties and responsibility from them.

If the federal government receives enough votes of no confidence from the states, perhaps they will wake up and realize that they have not been answering to the American people for the last century ... they have wrongly served a master that isn't the one they vowed to serve.

Of course, if we all just sit around and assume that your political party is looking out for you, and that 'it could never happen here', we may just be blessed with a visit from the magical fairy who will restore the order and purpose of our nation... or maybe 2012, or some other doomsday scenario will make us forget all this and simply 'play along'.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
Now it's time for each state to recall their senators and Congressmen who are responsible for the usurping!

Unfortunately, many of our US Congressman and US Senators need usurping first.

Then we can go about fixing this dang thing.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by asmeone2

It's about damn time. My state should have been leading the pack, it was beginning to embarass me.

Lmao, I feel the same way, Im a Texan aswell. Hell we got, land, oil, cattle, agriculture, Ports, all kinds of weather, we could of broken away along time ago!

Peace!

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Way to go Texas, I currently live on the coast in Alabama. Would be very proud to be a Texan right now. This is certainly not a "dog and pony show" but has developed into a very "real" reality and is not in the least bit funny, scares me. A horror movie and we are all in it. Good to be scared for I now have more fire power and several states are waking up to this NWO. Not long before my cases of tuna and chicken will be prised possessions. Hope we have several years but I strongly suspect it is now down to months. You would have to be blind not to see where this is headed......MY WAY and YOUR way...amen.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Thanks much for all your hard work to keep the people informed of these developments. May God richly bless you all and these united states of America.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
to everyone saying this texas resolution or any other states resolution is non binding has no teeth I say this.

Think of it this way its the first step in the right direction. first you pass a non binding resolution and send it to the feds to put them on notice and to "test" the water. then if the feds continue on like nothing happened or they step up actions in your state, then you pass the binding resolutions, and if that doesn't have the desired effect then you withdrawl your state from the union.

The thing most of you have to remember is, the state legislators are more in touch with the average person than the federal congressmen are. the states are seeing that we small people are getting fed up with the BS that is being shoved down our throats by the feds.

the states are also getting tired of the federal government taking their money and then giving it back to them with mandates on how they must spend it. Most of the states have come to the realization that they can spend the peoples money better than the federal government. right now 34 cents of every dollar is taken from the states and given back with federal mandates on how it must be spent.

The states are also getting tired of their militia's being forced into front line duty in the federal army. The national guard was not to be used in this role. they were never meant to be deployed outside of the U.S. they were to be used in defense of the homeland when the standing federal army was deployed outside the homeland.

Bottom line is the federal government has over stepped its bounds numerous times and the people and the states are getting tired of it. Under the constitution the federal government only has 3 jobs. and by the actions of the Federal government over the years they have nullified the constitution.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Mercenary2007

Only thing im worried about is that if we withdrawl from the Union, wouldnt that make us alot more vulnerable, and easy for an attack by the The United States. Maybe Military attack.
Or am I getting ahead of myself....?

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Since I am one of the people your message is intended for, I will reply.

There is only one branch that can decide whether the feds overstepped their boundaries on the 10th Amendment. That is the courts. No piece of legislation can say otherwise. If these states really feel that they have been stepped on, and they damn well have, only the courts can hand that power back to the states.

Furthermore, this could be nothing more than politicians trying to quiet down the people making the people think that they are trying to do something about it. IMO we need more than a resolution. Here is a case where they sued the government over the tenth amendment. I am stilling looking for the actual case and what happened in this case.

AUGUSTA - Maine and four other states sued the U.S. government Friday, challenging the constitutionality of federal provisions requiring them to pay part of the cost of the new Medicare prescription drug benefit.

Maine Attorney General Steven Rowe and Gov. John Baldacci said the state had joined Texas, New Jersey, Missouri and Kentucky in filing the lawsuit with the U.S. Supreme Court. Ten other states filed a friend of the court brief supporting the lawsuit.

"The federal government has placed what amounts to a direct tax upon Texas and other states in violation of the U.S. Constitution," Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott said in a statement.

www.redorbit.com...

If anybody knows how this case ended up, maybe they can chip in.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I saw this a while back in my email. I got a chuckle when I read this.

We Texans love y'all, but we'll probably have to take action since B. Hussein Obama won the election. We'll miss you too.
So what does Texas have to do to survive as a Republic?

1. NASA is just south of Houston , Texas . We will control the space industry.

2. We refine over 85% of the gasoline in the United States .

3. Defense Industry--we have over 65% of it. The term "Don't mess with Texas ," will take on a whole new meaning.

4. Oil - we can supply all the oil that the Republic of Texas will need for the next 300 years. Yankee states? Sorry about that.

5. Natural Gas - again we have all we need and it's too bad about those Northern States. John Kerry will have to figure out a way to keep them warm....

6. Computer Industry - we currently lead the nation in producing computer chips and communications--small companies like Texas Instruments, Dell Computer, EDS, Raytheon, National Semiconductor, Motorola, Intel, AMD, Atmel, Applied Materials, Ball Miconductor, Dallas Semiconductor, Delphi, Nortel, Alcatel, etc, etc. The list goes on and on.

7. Medical Care - We have the largest research centers for cancer research, the best burn centers and the top trauma units in the world, as well as other large health centers. Dallas has some of the best hospitals in the United States .

8. We have enough colleges to keep us going: University of Texas , Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Rice, SMU, University of Houston , Baylor, UNT ( University of North Texas ), Texas Women's University, etc. Ivy grows better in the South anyway.

9. We have a ready supply of workers. We could just open the border when we need some more.

10. We have essential control of the paper industry, plastics, insurance, etc.

11. In case of a foreign invasion, we have the Texas National Guard and the Texas Air National Guard. We don't have an Army, but since everybody down here has at least six rifles and a pile of ammo, we can raise an Army in 24 hours if we need one. If the situation really gets bad, we can always call the Department of Public Safety and ask them to send over Chuck Norris and a couple of Texas Rangers.

12. We are totally self-sufficient in beef, poultry, hogs, and several types of grain, fruit and vegetables, and let's not forget seafood from the Gulf. Also, everybody down here knows how to cook them so that they taste good. Don't need any food.

This just names a few of the items that will keep the Republic of Texas in good shape. There isn't a thing out there that we need and don't have.

Now to the rest of the United States under President Obama:
Since you won't have the refineries to get gas for your cars, only President Obama will be able to drive around in his big 9 mpg SUV. The rest of the United States will have to walk or ride bikes.

You won't have any TV as the Space Center in Houston will cut off satellite communications.

You won't have any natural gas to heat your homes, but since Mr. Obama has predicted global warming, you will not need the gas as long as you survive the 2000 years it will take to get enough heat from Global Warming.
Signed, The People of Texas

P.S. This is not a threatening letter - just a note to give you something to think about!

SLEEP WELL TONIGHT THE EYES OF TEXAS ARE UPON YOU!!
One Nation Under God

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Armour For Victor

well look at history for your answer. the Civil war was fought because Eleven Southern slave states declared their secession from the U.S. and formed the Confederate States of America. the Civil war was fought over secession not slavery.

Fast forward to today. if we had states declaring secession from the U.S. you better believe the federal government would send in federal troops to stop it. they will do anything to keep their power. they will do anything to keep the states in line and ultimately the people.

Now i have a question for you. Lincoln is credited with freeing the slaves right. my question is did he actually free the slaves or enslave us all?

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Armour For Victor

That is why the Fed's sent our State military reserves overseas into a never ending war - with the economic issues it leaves us penniless and with no defense.

The picture is getting clearer and clearer

It also opens the door as an excuse for them to use "foreign troops" during domestic civil unrest, and foreign troops will be more than happy to shoot American's.

[edit on 18-2-2009 by arizonascott]

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaxium

You ain't a true Texan unless your bragging about Texas and slamming yankees.

Texan till the day I die and then some.

Thanks for the email.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by NatureBoy
wow the collapse of america into a chaos of nation states, war lords, failed democracys and terrorist enclaves...

Does this all mean that the America is heading for Civil War? If so, wasn't all this predicted by the infamous John Titor back in 2001?

"07 November 2000 21:23 (predictions for the future) 35 There is a civil war in the United States that starts in 2005"

OK, he says it happened in his timeline of 2005 and going on some of his other predictions he seems to be four years out. For example:

"(How and why do the Arabs Jews become entangled in the civil war of the U.S.A?)
They are not directly involved but political situations are dependent on Western stability, which collapses in 2005."

With the state of the Western World and the near collapse of the economic banking system, are we fighting a losing battle which ultimately fails this year?

The year 2008 was a general date by which time everyone will realize the world they thought they were living in was over.

Believe in John Titor or not but a lot of what he said is looking like a reality today: Obama + Lincoln is a prime example.

I don't want to turn this into a John Titor exercise but just look at his predictions for CERN, Weapons of mass destruction starting the Iraq war, civil unrest, presidential campaigns. Obviously you can read it all here on ATS but for the basic breakdown head to: en.wikipedia.org...

SURELY IT'S ALL A LITTLE TOO CLOSE TO DISMISS?

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

There is only one branch that can decide whether the feds overstepped their boundaries on the 10th Amendment. That is the courts. No piece of legislation can say otherwise. If these states really feel that they have been stepped on, and they damn well have, only the courts can hand that power back to the states.

let me ask you then which set of courts? the supreme court? the federal court system? or the state courts? all 3 have a dog in the fight on this issue. But that really doesn't matter. ultimately the power to decide falls to the people not a branch of government.

Ultimately the power in this country falls to the people! the people are the ones that grant the states power who enturn grant the federal government there power. If the people would wake up and realize they have the ultimate power in this country the federal government wouldn't have the power it has today.

The foundering fathers laid it perfectly clear to us the people. we have a duty to remove a corrupt over sized government. the government is to serve we the people not we the people serve a corrupt government.

Furthermore, this could be nothing more than politicians trying to quiet down the people making the people think that they are trying to do something about it. IMO we need more than a resolution. Here is a case where they sued the government over the tenth amendment. I am stilling looking for the actual case and what happened in this case.

i agree with the first to points in this section. it could very well be a sideshow to keep us quiet, But i doubt it. And i wholeheartedly agree we need more than resolutions, Its time for the states and the people to grow a back bone and stand up for their rights and replace the corrupt federal government with a government that serves as the constitution says it should. a government that serves the will of the people they were elected to serve.

as for the case you quoted, i remember hearing about it, and I've never heard what the outcome was.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   

That's exactly what I am hoping for. This is just the states sticking their toes in the water to see if we should jump in or not. If enough people are behind this then maybe the states will take the plunge and take the power back to the people.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join