It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by jam321
reply to post by arizonascott
When they are confronted with millions of pissed off armed Americans, they will start crapping their pants.
I wish this would be the case. However, if what has happened over the last few months don't wake them up then I am about sure this resolution won't. Most people could care less about government civics. All they care about is what is the government doing for me or giving me. Sad but true.
Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
Now it's time for each state to recall their senators and Congressmen who are responsible for the usurping!
Originally posted by asmeone2
reply to post by Anonymous Avatar
It's about damn time. My state should have been leading the pack, it was beginning to embarass me.
AUGUSTA - Maine and four other states sued the U.S. government Friday, challenging the constitutionality of federal provisions requiring them to pay part of the cost of the new Medicare prescription drug benefit.
Maine Attorney General Steven Rowe and Gov. John Baldacci said the state had joined Texas, New Jersey, Missouri and Kentucky in filing the lawsuit with the U.S. Supreme Court. Ten other states filed a friend of the court brief supporting the lawsuit.
"The federal government has placed what amounts to a direct tax upon Texas and other states in violation of the U.S. Constitution," Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott said in a statement.
We Texans love y'all, but we'll probably have to take action since B. Hussein Obama won the election. We'll miss you too.
So what does Texas have to do to survive as a Republic?
1. NASA is just south of Houston , Texas . We will control the space industry.
2. We refine over 85% of the gasoline in the United States .
3. Defense Industry--we have over 65% of it. The term "Don't mess with Texas ," will take on a whole new meaning.
4. Oil - we can supply all the oil that the Republic of Texas will need for the next 300 years. Yankee states? Sorry about that.
5. Natural Gas - again we have all we need and it's too bad about those Northern States. John Kerry will have to figure out a way to keep them warm....
6. Computer Industry - we currently lead the nation in producing computer chips and communications--small companies like Texas Instruments, Dell Computer, EDS, Raytheon, National Semiconductor, Motorola, Intel, AMD, Atmel, Applied Materials, Ball Miconductor, Dallas Semiconductor, Delphi, Nortel, Alcatel, etc, etc. The list goes on and on.
7. Medical Care - We have the largest research centers for cancer research, the best burn centers and the top trauma units in the world, as well as other large health centers. Dallas has some of the best hospitals in the United States .
8. We have enough colleges to keep us going: University of Texas , Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Rice, SMU, University of Houston , Baylor, UNT ( University of North Texas ), Texas Women's University, etc. Ivy grows better in the South anyway.
9. We have a ready supply of workers. We could just open the border when we need some more.
10. We have essential control of the paper industry, plastics, insurance, etc.
11. In case of a foreign invasion, we have the Texas National Guard and the Texas Air National Guard. We don't have an Army, but since everybody down here has at least six rifles and a pile of ammo, we can raise an Army in 24 hours if we need one. If the situation really gets bad, we can always call the Department of Public Safety and ask them to send over Chuck Norris and a couple of Texas Rangers.
12. We are totally self-sufficient in beef, poultry, hogs, and several types of grain, fruit and vegetables, and let's not forget seafood from the Gulf. Also, everybody down here knows how to cook them so that they taste good. Don't need any food.
This just names a few of the items that will keep the Republic of Texas in good shape. There isn't a thing out there that we need and don't have.
Now to the rest of the United States under President Obama:
Since you won't have the refineries to get gas for your cars, only President Obama will be able to drive around in his big 9 mpg SUV. The rest of the United States will have to walk or ride bikes.
You won't have any TV as the Space Center in Houston will cut off satellite communications.
You won't have any natural gas to heat your homes, but since Mr. Obama has predicted global warming, you will not need the gas as long as you survive the 2000 years it will take to get enough heat from Global Warming.
Signed, The People of Texas
P.S. This is not a threatening letter - just a note to give you something to think about!
SLEEP WELL TONIGHT THE EYES OF TEXAS ARE UPON YOU!!
One Nation Under God
Originally posted by NatureBoy
wow the collapse of america into a chaos of nation states, war lords, failed democracys and terrorist enclaves...
There is only one branch that can decide whether the feds overstepped their boundaries on the 10th Amendment. That is the courts. No piece of legislation can say otherwise. If these states really feel that they have been stepped on, and they damn well have, only the courts can hand that power back to the states.
Furthermore, this could be nothing more than politicians trying to quiet down the people making the people think that they are trying to do something about it. IMO we need more than a resolution. Here is a case where they sued the government over the tenth amendment. I am stilling looking for the actual case and what happened in this case.