It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas joins the club of States telling the Federal Government to Stand Down

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+62 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Of all the bills in each state this is the strongest language I have seen so far and I love it! It was just submitted yesterday. Hopefully this will make it all the way through.

WHEREAS, The Tenth Amendment defines the total scope of federal power as being that specifically granted by the Constitution of the United States and no more; and
WHEREAS, The scope of power defined by the Tenth Amendment means that the federal government was created by the states specifically to be an agent of the states; and
WHEREAS, Today, in 2009, the states are demonstrably treated as agents of the federal government; and
WHEREAS, Many federal laws are directly in violation of the Tenth Amendment to the Constitution of the United States; and WHEREAS, The Tenth Amendment assures that we, the people of the United States of America and each sovereign state in the Union of States, now have, and have always had, rights the federal government may not usurp; and

therefore, be it RESOLVED, That the 81st Legislature of the State of Texas hereby claim sovereignty under the Tenth Amendment to the Constitution of the United States over all powers not otherwise enumerated and granted to the federal government by the Constitution of the United States; and, be it further
RESOLVED, That this serve as notice and demand to the federal government, as our agent, to cease and desist, effective immediately, mandates that are beyond the scope of these constitutionally delegated powers; and, be it further
RESOLVED, That all compulsory federal legislation that directs states to comply under threat of civil or criminal penalties or sanctions or that requires states to pass legislation or lose federal funding be prohibited or repealed;

This is why I am proud to be a Texan! I like how this bill points out the Federal Gov. uses Federal funding as a whipping tool.

A nice clear and concise reminder that the Federal Government is a tool for the people and the states not the other way around. I hope more states jump on this bandwagon.

Information on the Bill

Text of the Bill

Texans make sure you contact your Senator / Representative and tell them to support this!!
Who Represents you in Texas?

[edit on 18-2-2009 by Anonymous Avatar]

[edit on 18-2-2009 by Anonymous Avatar]

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I was suprised it wasn't on there earlier.
Not only due to the gun history and laws of the state but also because of Ron Paul.

My state has very few gun restrictions, same day purchases etc.. hoping they join up to on the firearm clause.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Good find.

I emailed several friends in Texas to let them know to support it.
One has a wife that is a federal Judge.
Most of them race cars, and have a good fan base.

I am sure Alex Jones will be all over this.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I'm sure Gov. Perry is not liking this at all since he's already sold the state out to the globalists.

Peace

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
wow the collapse of america into a chaos of nation states, war lords, failed democracys and terrorist enclaves is happening faster than i suspected - it's funny i hear a lot of people saying 'we never though the soviet union could just fall, then it did' -the signs were there, the writing was well and truly on the wall yet they couldn't see it -i bet these are the people that will be saying 'i never thought the united states could fall, then it did'

Unless obama can find away of making the NAU work it looks like the 21c won't be the american century after all.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

No doubt. Perry has been Bush's pet for a while. Hopefully our Congress is like-minded enough to over rule him.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by NatureBoy

At some level this is all planned and engineered.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
You can believe that stuff like this matters when they actually start nullifying Federal law. Until then, it is just a bunch of hot air.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
I'm sure Gov. Perry is not liking this at all since he's already sold the state out to the globalists.

Peace

Yeah, in Kansas, Govenor Sebelius (The Wicked Witch of Middle Earth) never thought she had to cut huge budgets she created and has had her nose up Obama's ass big time.
The state Congress showed her who was boss this week. Like a good Republic, they use the state Constitutional laws to full effect.
She backed down in one day.

I would imagine, that in some states, this will not happen, but most in the middle of the country will not take too much crap.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by sir_chancealot
You can believe that stuff like this matters when they actually start nullifying Federal law. Until then, it is just a bunch of hot air.

With out these first steps in reclaiming what should be, they will never have the right and power to stand up to the Fed.

Don't blow this stuff as "hot air", they first have to lay the ground work to undo 96 years of Fed crap and control.

Remember, the power is with the people, they just have to stand up and give a crap. If 35 states work together, they can take control of the Feds.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous Avatar

It's about damn time. My state should have been leading the pack, it was beginning to embarass me.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Awesome, i figured Texas would have lead the way like asmeone2 said i was kinda shocked when i looked and there statues was "pending" but im happy they have stood up and done there DUTY.
Now Come on Nevada Battle born baby. Don't lie down and take it like the rest of the mush states.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous Avatar

Quite frankly I'm surprised Texas wasn't the state that started all of this! I remember visting Austin once and seeing the capital building. I read what is on the statue in front there and was a bit shocked to say the least. So, that is why I say I am surprised.

If more states can fall in line and begin to apply the proper pressure I think we may actually be able to salvage this country. Big government is going to get us nowhere.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Bringer

I am sorry to inform you, but Harry Reid is in charge of Nevada.
He just gained even more control, as now they get there Amtrak express from LA to ship people (money) straight in for a loss.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous Avatar
reply to post by NatureBoy

At some level this is all planned and engineered.

Thats actually a good point.........how are we supposed to know when we are and arent being led into something anymore........do what feels right I suppose, then there will hopefully be no regrets for anyone^^

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love

Peace

That's what I was about to say...

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Help! I'm stuck in the northeast U.S. where the prevailing attitude is "what's good for me is good for everybody" including social security, socialize medicine, federal begging, and failed banking practices. I bet if I asked ten people around here what kind of system we live in, not one of them would say "Republic". I think we have the capability to be a democracy these days, but for some reason we keep thinking democracy = federalism. Why is that?

States really do need to know their rights, else in the middle of the night they may disappear.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Yeehaaawww!!!! I have been in contact with my Texas representative. He supports this bill! This guy may have earned my vote next election for now.

All those in Texas. It is important to write your representatives voicing your support for this bill. Who is your Texas State Representatives? That should make it easier to find who they are and how to contact them.

If only my US Congress and US Senate would acknowledge my existence I would not dislike them so much. I voted for anyone else but them last election because I did not appreciate the 1 condescending response I received from my US congressman and since then no answers back. I just want him out of office. I may have gotten Blacklisted!

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I'm glad Texas is finally on board with states rights.
I must admit though, we've got to respect New Hampshire for being the one who started it.

See, If we can get the states on board with this and back down DC then we'll still be the USA. We'll just be the new and improved USA without that Steaming Capitol Hill smell.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Please forgive my ignorance on these matters... but what are we witnessing here?

Since several states are drawing lines in the sand against the Federal Government, they must see something big coming that I don't. I mean, I'm a smart guy and all, but apart from illegal wars, the trashing of the Constitution on too many counts to list, and economic collapse, what am I missing?

Can anyone dumb this down for me, lol?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join