It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas joins the club of States telling the Federal Government to Stand Down

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by slicobacon

I have the unsettling feeling that there will be a lot of new things discovered in that package. Nobody read the thing!!! I bet the better pasrt of all of congress hasn't made it through the whole bill. And those that have don't know weather to take a dump or go blind.

All the hype about the damn bill and there isn't a soul on earth who could tell you what all is in it. All we know is that theres 150 billion going to 'infrastructure"... the rest? Who knows?

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
People have a false sense of comfort and will not stand-up until they get kick in the ass. To be kick in the bulls one have to have one and the only bulls I saw was the one hinging from a "bull wagon" ( trailer that transport a bulls to slotter house).

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
The federal government, under the rule of whatever party, has overstepped both the boundaries and the responsibilities defined for it in the Constitution. Period. It's high time for it to be reigned in, and who will do it if not the states and the people of those states? Does anyone thing they're going to police themselves or stop growing and controlling whatever it can get it's hands on? No. I only hope this reminder and refocusing happens the right way and is successful. It's really very simple...it's already defined! So we just say "Federal government, you are responsible for X,Y, and Z, now go focus on that, do it well, don't stretch yourself too thin or drill your tentacles into that which they do not belong in and leave the rest to us." Our state reps and governors need reminding of their roles too, and where the lines are drawn. This is a federal constitutional republic...and every citizen of this nation need to be reminded of what that is and what that means...loud and clear.

[edit on 18-2-2009 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Its about damn time! Welcome my brothers and sisters to the south. It's good to have you on board!!

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Good somebody needs to tell them to STAND DOWN!!!! They are getting way to big and are out of control.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Can anyone please tell me the link to legislation for this in Michigan, or where I can find the name of the bill? I remember in a previous board on this--someone had a list of all the states with legislation similar to this proposed--and they were linked to the state's websites.

The reason I am asking is because I work in the newsroom at an NPR radio station in Michigan, and this is something I'd like to get out there...because no one else is doing it.

[edit on 18-2-2009 by nick112]

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
With Rick Perry, we have had a Bilderberg Group member sitting in office:
Perry off to secret forum in Turkey
As well as this short clip on Perry going to the Turkey meeting (I apologize, I tried to input the right information to get the video embedded, but I could not figure it out):
www.youtube.com...

And now Texans will see another Bilderberg Member competing against Perry in the upcoming elections with Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison, which has:
Democrats hold cautious hope of capturing Hutchison's Senate seat

It is going to be a very interesting time for us.

Thanks to all for the information so far.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Go Texas! It's about time we started telling the federal government who's actually in charge.

Can't let the other states show us up either.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Alright folks, can someone please point out how this resolution has any legs to get anything accomplished. It is nothing but a feel good resolution and will not resolve anything or stop the fed from being a bully to the states. I see nothing to get happy about.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Thank you for bringing this to my attention, I'm a Texan and I've been waiting to see this for awhile.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by nick112

Here is the information you requested:

Michagan House Concurrent Resolution 4 2009

as well as some info here:
Michigan Votes

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
This is a resolution with absolutely no legal standing, and all it does is reaffirm what the 10th Commandment declares.

Isn't it obvious that all of these resolutions are just lip service to people who fear or are paranoid of the current situation/new administration? This is just them moving their knight to take your rook.

Has any state, any legislature, any state government entity anywhere actually tried to act legally upon these resolutions?

Trust me, your state legislatures are all blowing hot air in order to manipulate you. They are still wining and dining with your Federal representatives and the companies that truly make policy. Their families all know each other, their kids go to the same summer school, they eat at the same tables at charity fund raisers, and they all help each other get connected in the business world.

Here's a quick lesson:

How much does a Texas state rep. earn? Hmmm...about 35,000 a year.

Source

On the surface that might look very sacrificial of them. However, in reality it means the only people who can realistically run and get elected to office are persons with significant outside or personal financial backing, so what happens is they get smoozed by the corrupted parties or they use their own fortune - which means they're part of the problem and not your oh-so-wanted solution.

What does Wag the dog mean?

It refers to making a situation seem something it is not by creating the situation in such a way that the spectators react in a predetermined manner.

Yup - Waggin' the Dog

[edit on 18-2-2009 by Avenginggecko]

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by nick112

Michigan Sovereignty

Here you go, please get the word out. This is critical to our freedom and for the future of our Nation. In this age of information it is sad when the truth and real issues like this are ignored by the mainstream media.

Bless you and thanks in advance for anything you do for "we the people"

[edit on 18-2-2009 by arizonascott]

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Avenginggecko

I agree 100% with you. This means as much as the paper it is written on. Nothing to get elated about. If my State was serious about this they and every other state would be suing the Federal government every time the FED breached the 10th Amendment.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

When they are confronted with millions of pissed off armed Americans, they will start crapping their pants.

This phase is just to help wake people up. And it sends a clear message to "Big Brother"

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   

How much does a Texas state rep. earn? Hmmm...about 35,000 a year.
reply to post by Gtex23

How much is freedom and sovereignty worth.

Its not about how much they get paid - its about being an American and manning up and waking up

This is for real - in fact it is so real that I would bet the Fed's are quaking in their foreign bank UN controlled boots.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Dang one more thing to make me wish I was back in Texas.

But anyway...
The current state constitution of Texas says in article 1 section 1..."Texas is a free and independent state. Subject to only the CONSTITUTION of the United States" It doesn't say it is subject to the president, congress or the rest of the U.S.

The Texas state constitution also says: All political power is inherent of the people. they have at all times an inalienable right to alter their government in such matter as they might see proper.

Now from the declaratioin of Independence:
That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shown that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

Sometimes it pays to be a civil war buff. Scary isn't it when Obama is such a fan of Lincoln. All these people out there that think Lincoln was what is taught about him in the public school system. All I can say is bless their hearts.

[edit on 18-2-2009 by napayshni57]

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
What Texas needs to do is make a list of every one of those issues where the FEDS have overstepped and sue them in court over each one under the 10th Amendment.

I believe and think that is the next step. Right now they appear to be "feeling" out to see what Texans think. Agree or Disagree. If this gets passed with mad sweep fever backing this bill from us Texans, then the pursuant of exactly what you said is coming up. Write your rep and tell everyone you know about it to write their rep.

In this post is a link to find out who Texans should write:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

If they this does not get the support they are hoping Texans will give them, then Texas did not "tick" anyone off. No harm, no foul.

Again, this is just the way I see it.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by arizonascott

When they are confronted with millions of pissed off armed Americans, they will start crapping their pants.

I wish this would be the case. However, if what has happened over the last few months don't wake them up then I am about sure this resolution won't. Most people could care less about government civics. All they care about is what is the government doing for me or giving me. Sad but true.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

I know, I don't understand why everyone is shooting their proverbial revolvers in the air with joy. It's obviously lip service.

AScott, I'll have to disagree that this 'wakes people up'. It makes them more content with the situation and the government, if anything, because now they think their reps are somehow more on their side, when they aren't.

Edit to reply to Scott again:

The salary just shows that only the elitists run the government. They aren't 'manning up' because they don't benefit from a fractured US - they benefit from a strong central government that can be easily influenced with deep pockets.

[edit on 18-2-2009 by Avenginggecko]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join