It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas joins the club of States telling the Federal Government to Stand Down

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by arizonascott

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thanks for the info brother.

I'm a graduate student with a paid internship with NPR, and although I shouldn't give much more information in the interest of my career, I went into journalism with the intention of being a different kind of reporter. I hope to break into the mainstream with the information people need to know.

Maddow and Olbermann are sort of touching on it, but not as much as they should be.

Wish me luck.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
I liked it till I read the ending. This is simply a resolution. It has no bite or what Texas will do if these issues are not addressed. It also doesn't state what federal legislation has caused the state such problems. They can pass it in a NY minute and send it to Washington to be filed in file 13 because that is where it will end up. As a fellow Texan I am really disappointed that there were no threats if these issues were not revolved.

What Texas needs to do is make a list of every one of those issues where the FEDS have overstepped and sue them in court over each one under the 10th Amendment.

Exactly, this is what every state needs to do. And if the states wont, we as the people should find a good lawyer and do it our self.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I am sure the good old boys are in a big hurry to get their death chambers up and running again in old Tx. With their horrible civil rights, and the abuse of their prison population they don't belong with the rest of the civilized states anyway!!!!

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by dariousg
reply to post by Anonymous Avatar

Quite frankly I'm surprised Texas wasn't the state that started all of this! I remember visting Austin once and seeing the capital building. I read what is on the statue in front there and was a bit shocked to say the least. So, that is why I say I am surprised.

Funny! I have lived in and around Austin for many years and never saw the capitol, nor the statue that you mention.
Too busy doing other things, I suppose.
Anyway, I have yearned for quite some time now, for Tx to enact it's right to be it's own country. Being a Republic, it does retain that right.
Hope the guv sees what is happening to our country before it is too late.

Is there a particular website to show support for this move?

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Thank God!!!

I've been waiting to hear this and have been e-mailing my reps asking them to do so. Hopefully other states will fall in line more quickly after this.

The line is being drawn and this may come to a head soon. I look forward to seeing where this goes.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by redhead57
I am sure the good old boys are in a big hurry to get their death chambers up and running again in old Tx. With their horrible civil rights, and the abuse of their prison population they don't belong with the rest of the civilized states anyway!!!!

When it comes to executing rapists, murderers and child-molesters, they can't fire up that death chamber fast enough to suit me. Some people just need killing. Saves on tax dollars to bump them off instead of feeding and housing scum.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous Avatar

Yeah, Sure.

Now Texas decides to show some Testicular Fortitude.

Where were they during last 8 years when the Fredral Gov. violated our right to privacy by wire tapping our phone lines or when the previous administration tried convert our nation into a Stalin State by having neighbors spy on neighbors.

Now that we have an African-AMERICAN President, these bigotted rednecks can't face the fact of having a black man setting new rules.

The time for Texas to have made a stand passed by and it's too late to ball up now. Texas has, has had and will always have nothing but Steers and Queers.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by JDSalinger

Wow! What's the matter with some of you.
Are you just retards or what.
What is with this Race stuff all the time.
Those statement are very unwanted on ATS.
Just go away, take your ill mind with you and go somewhere else.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Someone earlier mentioned about Texas being reconized before joining the Union. They were reconized by countries all over the world. I know the information is out there for it as I had read it on several places that were respectable. Too tired right now to look. sorry

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   

The time for Texas to have made a stand passed by and it's too late to ball up now. Texas has, has had and will always have nothing but Steers and Queers.

Come on!!!!! Is that the best you can come up with? that is so old it isn't even funny anymore.

Maybe you ought to visit Texas so we can show you some Texan hospitality.

You might even discover that there are more than just rednecks who reside.

Regardless of the time frame Texas is trying something. Has nothing to do with Obama's color despite what you believe.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Nice response. Star for you.

Some jerk, like this one was doing the same thing on the thread
History of Un-armed Citizens

[edit on 18-2-2009 by j2000]

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

That was funny! Better yet, we could show him/her some TEXAS Justice! Yee-hi!
That's about as Texas friendly I can get with bigots that think everyone else is a bigot!

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by j2000

I believe ATS still favors the Freedom of Speech.

And what I have stated is the truth.

Why speak up all of a sudden?

I love this country. I served this great nation for 4 years 2 of which I spent in Desert Storm/Desert Shield.

I payed my dues with sweat and blood.

There is nothing more in the world that I would like is for all of us to get along. But until we all learn to see beyond color, not just black and white skin but red and blue ideals, we as a nation will never truly mature.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by sizzle

I am in Kansas. Can us and OK come back home now. You sold us off and it's sucked ever since.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by j2000

Gee! All I sold, was a printer on e-bay.
Sue me!

[edit on 19-2-2009 by sizzle]

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Yeah so what. I did 6 years and I am still in the VFW and the Legion. Big deal. This thread is for freedom by the constitution, and you come on here acting like you don't want to hold up to your oath.
If you want to give up more amendments, why don't you start with the first.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   

I love this country. I served this great nation for 4 years 2 of which I spent in Desert Storm/Desert Shield.

So did I. You should at least have some respect not to attack your fellow countrymen and women who also wants what is best for America.

You are the only one making this a race issue and attacking Texans isn't the brightest thing to do. Regardless of color or what we disagree or agree on, we stick together when it comes to Texas.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

I lived in texas and it stunk!

Austin, El Paso, LaPorte, Beaumont, Houston, Tyler it all stinks!

And as for "your hospitality" you have nothing on the Iraqies.

I 've rumbled with the best, texas ain't nothing!

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   

before you open our trap about Texas maybe you should do some research! This is the second time Texas has had this resolution. the first was under the Bush Admin!

So How is this a race issue? the only person making this a race issue is you. And if anyone in this thread is a bigot its you for bringing race into this thread.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Suddenly it smells much better here!
Wonder why??

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join